• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash 8 "The Wheel of Fate is Turning" Results!

V1CE

Smash Champion
Seriously it not hard to seed a bracket correctly... the problem comes when people demand certain personal requests... sometimes it is ok to switch people around... For instance I asked stingers... If it was possible and didnt screw bracket that I play waldorph since I have never played him before in bracket... that was ok cause the seeding would have me playing waldorph or brian anyway... but saying we played each other last night alot doesnt make sense and switch arch with brian doesnt make sense... also stingers moving himself doesnt make sense... but hey its alright.... I know hosting can be stressful I have done it alot especially in NY which is worse... -___- but a T/O has to be strong and do what is best for the tourney and everyone...

now alex kinda doesnt care about the majority of NC community since he hosts mk banned tournys to begin with so maybe he finds it easy to just switch people idk... that is the sign of a bad t/o... then again he can just say **** it... and say well then dont come to my **** ya know... we... all in all its not a big deal unless you are potentially screwing people out of money...

I would have been even better off tbh if JD wasnt switched with brian cause when I lost to JD I would have to fight Jayson then scotty then Iota... which are all good for DDD and I could of gotten 4th potentially haha >:D ITS w.e. now seriously we dont have to debate it anymore... Since JD and Stingers are both on the Panel I think they should both make the brackets for every tourney whether its in charlotte or raleigh...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pp your trash talk was bad
you just said "**** you" or similarly uninspired things

and jd can make all the brackets really...its fine

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
ITT Archer gets mad about local Brawl brackets while everyone else is happy and had a great time with their friends. It's sad a local tournament just can't quite meet your standards enough for you to enjoy it! Maybe Alex did overburden himself and maybe the bracket blew horribly. It doesn't matter, productive conversations about this sorta thing don't happen in threads. Talk to Alex in person and work something out. If there is one thing I have learned from being on these boards 5+ years it's that *****ing in results threads is virtually useless and mostly just a buzz kill. Food for thought.

-------

Also this is how we shoutin':

Rikky ~

Rikky ~

Shakka ~~

Boom ~~~

Shacka lacka ~~~~

<3 all the homies who came to this.

LMAO @ all my games with Adam. NEVER FORGET

archer.

Smash Lord
Obviously you haven't actually read my posts ITT Josh, because if you had you'd know this isn't the first time this issue has come up nor is it the first time we've talked about it, whether it be public or private, in person or online. You'd also know that I did say I enjoyed myself while I was there. But based on what you just posted towards me, chances are you'll remain in ignorance and not actually read this post either.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@ARCHER: You're not gonna be seeded above Mekos, Stingers, Md/Va, PP, Sushiman, OoS PR's (Except for ****ty regions like Nebraska), or people better then you. You were seeded lower at the tourney I went to for a reason. Bracket theory involves both seeding and regions not play each other R1. The fact that there were much more Nc compared to OoS meant Nc had to play each other or one Md/Va person.

Yeesh.

And there is absolutely no reason to seed past 7's. Having 6's is the same as 5's in TIO. 7's. 6's, and 5's will all play 10's and 9's.

:018:

V1CE

Smash Champion
you should seed past 7's.... of course you dont have regions playing each other early but there is an entire NC PR to seed as well as the MDVA people...

the way the last tourney should have been seeded is follows...

10 Sushi
10 Boss
9 Stingers
9 Archer
8 Iota
8 ScottyOB
7 Waldorph
7 H1N1
6 V1CE
6 GQ
5 Taj
5 Kill
4 Uncle
4 Sane

Then everyone else is 3's since they arent known whatsoever... its not hard to seed like that...

stingers

Smash Obsessed

close enough?
that means i was a lil biased towards nc according to steve =[
and im out to get jd grrr jd i'll get you yet

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum

close enough?
that means i was a lil biased towards nc according to steve =[
and im out to get jd grrr jd i'll get you yet
I'm a little overseeded, lol.

I should have been a 3, because Taj, Steve, and even Zach all have had better results than me, recently. I've been sucking it up.

V1CE

Smash Champion
its just about fine... i should have been switched with kill and taj should have been switched with uncle otherwise it was fine I guess.. but the seeding was right... then u neglected it by switching after anyway lol thats all its all good tho its in the past

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
you should seed past 7's.... of course you dont have regions playing each other early but there is an entire NC PR to seed as well as the MDVA people...

the way the last tourney should have been seeded is follows...

10 Sushi
10 Boss
9 Stingers
9 Archer
8 Iota
8 ScottyOB
7 Waldorph
7 H1N1
6 V1CE
6 GQ
5 Taj
5 Kill
4 Uncle
4 Sane

Then everyone else is 3's since they arent known whatsoever... its not hard to seed like that...
There is 0 point to seed lower then 5's.
Holy **** I think Joe did a Helen Keller
Lolwut? I was referring to the tourney Mekos hosted. I think Archer overrates himself a little to be honest, but results are results and I don't know all of Nc's!

archer.

Smash Lord
@ARCHER: You're not gonna be seeded above Mekos, Stingers, Md/Va, PP, Sushiman, OoS PR's (Except for ****ty regions like Nebraska), or people better then you. You were seeded lower at the tourney I went to for a reason. Bracket theory involves both seeding and regions not play each other R1. The fact that there were much more Nc compared to OoS meant Nc had to play each other or one Md/Va person.

Yeesh.

And there is absolutely no reason to seed past 7's. Having 6's is the same as 5's in TIO. 7's. 6's, and 5's will all play 10's and 9's.

Do you ****ing read? At all? I have never said I should be seeded above those players except during the times I was above them on PRs. And I know how brackets work. Having players being as thoroughly seeded as possible is always better than not doing enough seeding.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
lol joe I know what you said. JD wasn't even trying to be seeded higher than any of the players you mentioned that he doesn't deserve to be seeded higher than. He got an unranked NC player's seed and that unranked NC player got his ranked seed that was not above anyone you mentioned. In case you're still confused, I'm saying you're dumb o.o

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
Seriously it not hard to seed a bracket correctly... the problem comes when people demand certain personal requests... sometimes it is ok to switch people around... For instance I asked stingers... If it was possible and didnt screw bracket that I play waldorph since I have never played him before in bracket... that was ok cause the seeding would have me playing waldorph or brian anyway... but saying we played each other last night alot doesnt make sense and switch arch with brian doesnt make sense... also stingers moving himself doesnt make sense... but hey its alright.... I know hosting can be stressful I have done it alot especially in NY which is worse... -___- but a T/O has to be strong and do what is best for the tourney and everyone...

now alex kinda doesnt care about the majority of NC community since he hosts mk banned tournys to begin with so maybe he finds it easy to just switch people idk... that is the sign of a bad t/o... then again he can just say **** it... and say well then dont come to my **** ya know... we... all in all its not a big deal unless you are potentially screwing people out of money...

I would have been even better off tbh if JD wasnt switched with brian cause when I lost to JD I would have to fight Jayson then scotty then Iota... which are all good for DDD and I could of gotten 4th potentially haha >:D ITS w.e. now seriously we dont have to debate it anymore... Since JD and Stingers are both on the Panel I think they should both make the brackets for every tourney whether its in charlotte or raleigh...
Wario and yoshi are not good against ddd. its quite the opposite actually

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
So, I'm too busy to look through the recordings and pull out individual matches. Does someone want to do this for me, or should I just upload everything in one big video?

V1CE

Smash Champion
I think i would have still beaten your falco regardless... yours isn't anything special and i probably would have won with snake... which makes me sad I didnt get to use him this tourney

*shotsfired* dwam ;P

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I didn't read everything, but messing up seeds for a tournament is a bad decision and messes up a lot more than just Archer for this case. Placing a top 4 seed as a lower seed causes a higher seed to go into losers early and fight people that will likely get a lower placing than expected due to incorrect seeding.

The decision should have been to not switch players around. End of point. Attempting to argue it makes it even worse.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Play more aggressive/active against wario stingzz

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I think he means you should be playing more aggressively and pressure wario with spaced aerials, tilts, etc. Wario actually has a fairly hard time dealing with robs pressure game because you outrange us with basically everything lol.

:phone:

BEHR

Smash Hero
You you guys can stop sucking loool, if you beleive you are going to place higher then play better play like you deserve placing higher, saying "Oh I should have got this seed so I can place higher" sounds like straight bull**** and means you suck.

**** brawl.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Archer, I read your last post! You make big assumptions about people's character and get defensively very easily!

Glad you had fun at the tournament and hope the bracket stuff gets worked out. ;]

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah what Iota said. I know when I play Blue Rogue he has the hardest time getting in on me. I'll shoot you a recorded match if I ever get my hands on one.

Top Bottom