• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

stingers

Smash Obsessed
killer you really are a jerk :3 sc has been planning their tourney for awhile I think all of NC should be there supporting it, not hosting a tourney up here

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
If your gonna switch it anyway and you insist on being inconsiderate and doing it this weekend then why not make this a melee one so as not to compete with SC's quite as much.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
meta knight is a fail character and I only use him as a crutch...

If your gonna switch it anyway and you insist on being inconsiderate and doing it this weekend then why not make this a melee one so as not to compete with SC's quite as much.
seriously this @.@ do it guys really...

Foxy

Smash Master
omni told me you guys had the room every week, and were gonna switch off melee and brawl...
This was an old idea we were tossing around, turned out that it would be tough to get the room every weekend, and that we don't really have room for weeklies in NC smash.

Its disrespectful and I wish you guys would rethink. I know if it were my tourney I would upset and annoyed. It's SC's first attempt at a big tourney and they are expected a lot of NC players so you guys being really inconsiderate cause it steals a lot of their thunder. I most assuredly wont be at this and I hope you reconsider.
Bill, what I can say is this: I never had any plans on going to the SC tournament, so I didn't even consider it when hosting my own. I am not drawing away from their attendance.

I am perfectly fine if everyone from NC who wanted to go to Banishment still does - we have enough NCSU players to support a tournament. It really doesn't matter to me, people should just go to whatever they want.

I don't see how this small biweekly steals the thunder of a larger hyped tournament.

I really don't want to make any argument about it, I have no issue with what you're saying, it's all correct, but the fact is that I never wanted to go to Banishment and therefore nothing has changed with its possible attendance. All of the players still have the option to go.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright killer tell the TO to make it melee and the next biweekly can be brawl...

though the next one being brawl would make it on the 31st which is app's thing...lol

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I am not drawing away from their attendance.
This is not necessarily true and thats the problem.

I'll say it again. I really hope your reconsider because its extremely disrespectful. You are pulling the same crowd its a brawl tournament and SC's is hoping to bring lots of NC players. Not too mention that you are running brawl+ also which makes yours maybe even more attractive to some people so you may even be stealing people.

Please reconsider, its not fair to them and its extremely rude. We are supposed to be supporting each other, not shooting each other in the foot and then claiming we aren't.

Foxy

Smash Master
This is not necessarily true and thats the problem.

I'll say it again. I really hope your reconsider because its extremely disrespectful. You are pulling the same crowd its a brawl tournament and SC's is hoping to bring lots of NC players. Not too mention that you are running brawl+ also which makes yours maybe even more attractive to some people so you may even be stealing people.

Please reconsider, its not fair to them and its extremely rude. We are supposed to be supporting each other not shooting each other in the foot and then claiming we aren't.
Bill: please, please, I don't want another argument in a tournament thread. I understand what you're saying, but nothing's going to change.

We are mainly hosting these tournaments because there is a BIG Brawl scene at NCSU, and none of them are going to attend a tournament off-campus. Brawl+ is included because a lot of them play it with us frequently and we have a lot of players interested in it.

Just like your MK ban, this date is a decision and there are important reasons for it, and nobody has to come if they don't want to.

I would be more than happy to host with a small amount of players here, even if it's just NCSU casuals. I want everyone in NC to make the same decision they did before. Go to Banishment.

And Bill, I have no problem with you bringing up your concerns, it's important to voice opinions and if we weren't as set on the date we would definitely change it.

However, it does bother me that it has taken you no time at all to begin calling this "extremely disrespectful" and "extremely rude". Cool off, no need to throw things like that out.

NC players who want to should go to Banishment, I don't even mind if the competitive NCSU players go. This is a biweekly, so there will be more of them. I'm not bothered by low attendance because of a conflict in another state that has a lot of NC interest.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Whatever Foxy, tell yourself whatever you need to make it ok. It's EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL and YOUR BEING A TOOL BY DOING IT.

Is that better.

You could easily skip this one and do it next time or change the date or anything. You just don't want to cause you don't think its important. I am telling you it is important though and I wish you would listen rather then just saying you can't do anything about it.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
If you have ever been on NC State campus during the afternoon you would see at least 10 - 15 people playing brawl at all hours of the day. This is to get them into competitive smash.

For someone who asks for us to quit being rude you are beyond rude. We arn't trolling your thread quit trolling Foxy's.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
You have to realize that you are quite possibly detracting from their tournament in some way. We should be supporting them. They support our tournaments and we should show them and their tournament respect. This is not respectful. Whatever, don't listen to me.

Foxy

Smash Master
You have to realize that you are quite possibly detracting from their tournament in some way. We should be supporting them. They support our tournaments and we should show them and their tournament respect. This is not respectful. Whatever, don't listen to me.
I'm aware that it may slightly detract, but the MAX it will detract is that maybe 3 players from NCSU who were maybe going to go will not attend this.

I would love to support SC, but as I said, I had no interest in going and I didn't even know when it was being held. I'm fine with all of NC supporting it.

Edit: I suppose a few other NC players might go to this for convenience, but I encourage them not to.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Whatever Foxy, tell yourself whatever you need to make it ok. It's EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL and YOUR BEING A TOOL BY DOING IT.

Is that better.

You could easily skip this one and do it next time or change the date or anything. You just don't want to cause you don't think its important. I am telling you it is important though and I wish you would listen rather then just saying you can't do anything about it.
Bill bill bill.

Self control please.

EDIT: as to what Foxy said. They only people this effects are possibly me and Flamingo and Jon?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
If your willing to finally admit that you may be affecting their attendance then it should be obvious that you are in the wrong. Please reconsider.

Foxy

Smash Master
If your willing to finally admit that you may be affecting their attendance then it should be obvious that you are in the wrong. Please reconsider.
We are hosting this tournament for NCSU players (specifically this first one). It's worth it. It really is not a big deal.

If it happens to ever so slightly affect the attendance of a tournament in another state, I suppose I'll just have to take the heat.

lord karn

Smash Master
gah, this, duke, and banishment all on the same day. @_@

I kind of want to come here if only because of B+.

Foxy

Smash Master
gah, this, duke, and banishment all on the same day. @_@

I kind of want to come here if only because of B+.
Duke will be moved hopefully, if not though, it's a different game so it's not too bad.

But hopefully it can, since they don't have to make room reservations and we do.

I don't want to put any pressure on other TO's though.

and karn... i'll team with you in plus...

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Its sill low since you know some people will go to your instead of theirs whether you tell them not to or not.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, to be fair, people are going to where they decide to go regardless of what anyone says to go to. but bill having made his judgment on this matter, i don't see the need to endlessly reiterate his position. on the other hand, this is quite a ways away from sc so having people save money to go to a tournament isn't that bad either. but the immutable fact that this will not be moved should render further debate moot.

lord karn

Smash Master
I would definitely go to SC for sure if there was no B+. I want to support the SC tourney because they supported ours, even though I don't really like Brawl very much anymore. But now David will probably want to go to this and B+ is the only game that I actually have goals of becoming a nationally ranked player in. . . Seeing as there are no other B+ tournies for a while it seems silly for me to not go to the tourney of the game I like the most.

If I go and David goes I'm teaming with David. If David can't go for some reason and I do, I'll team with you.

Foxy

Smash Master
Well, I'd also rather take a few entrants from an SC tourney than take a lot from an NC tourney (Munkaid).

Unforunately, the price of getting flamed for those few entrants is worth having a tournament for all the NCSU players.

I wish it didn't cause a conflict, but I'm pretty sure any date would cause one somehow.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
well, to be fair, people are going to where they decide to go regardless of what anyone says to go to. but bill having made his judgment on this matter, i don't see the need to endlessly reiterate his position. on the other hand, this is quite a ways away from sc so having people save money to go to a tournament isn't that bad either. but the immutable fact that this will not be moved should render further debate moot.
True, I'm just hoping they reconsider.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
You suck foxy. You should really be trying to support them. This is ridiculous to me actually. I really can't believe this is happening.

I know if it were me in your shoes I would have fixed it the second someone brought up the problem.

Foxy

Smash Master
Whats this!

Ur supposed to sweep with me :)
Just ask Omni this weekend if you want to know all about how I ditch teammates.

You suck foxy. You should really be trying to support them. This is ridiculous to me actually. I really can't believe this is happening.

I know if it were me in your shoes I would have fixed it the second someone brought up the problem.
Haha, looks like you're going to have a bad opinion of me no matter what.

It's okay, I know I suck at smash and I'm actually a kind of ****ty person in general. I can accept that.

I do disagree though that you would have fixed it instantly, you seem to also stick to your decisions as TO regardless of player complaints.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion

I'm really tired of listening to you say the same thing over and over.

We get that you dont like it ok?

Quit talking.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I changed the date of the next billfest the second pp told me it conflicted with rom. I have done it with several other tournaments before.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
You could easily change the date. The fact that you reserved the venue on a conflicting date to begin with is the real problem.

Top Bottom