• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Whatever I am done trying. You guys are being disrespectful to them and theirs was scheduled well before yours. I am extremely surprised that even after being asked you refuse to change even though your clearly in the wrong. I am going to bed now but I really wish you guys would be more respectful because your being inconsiderate and rude.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
was all of this really necessary?

Believe it or not having two tourneys on the same day that are a good distance from each other is a great way to get the people that aren't able to travel too far to go to closer one. EX younger players, smashers that have a busy weekend schedule etc. Also consider that maybe that was the only day they had a chance to reserve the place

Also one of the tourneys may not be to one's liking because of the rules so it gives them a choice to attend the other one like how omni said he would rather go to the one where his character isn't banned. Remember that banning MK shuts out alot of smashers that main him.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
If it really is an issue of reservation, I can talk to the people at the building and try and reserve the room for Sundays. I just assumed that traditionally, less people can make it on Sundays.

I really do not see how this tournament is in any way disrespectful of Banishment. It's a Bi-Weekly... if people do not show up to this one because of a SC tournament they already made arrangements with, then we can just have one two weeks down the line...

Like Foxy already said, there are like, a metric-butt-ton of people JUST at State who are mostly scrubby, but some have potential, and hell, we might end up finding some random Link main who can beat Killer's Olimar again. The intention of this tournament was to make it known and accessible for Raleigh area smashers to have a hub to meet and play every few times a month.

This isn't supposed to be a political decision. We just want to play smash.

I will keep you posted if the date can be changed to Sunday though.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
was all of this really necessary?

Believe it or not having two tourneys on the same day that are a good distance from each other is a great way to get the people that aren't able to travel too far to go to closer one. EX younger players, smashers that have a busy weekend schedule etc. Also consider that maybe that was the only day they had a chance to reserve the place

Also one of the tourneys may not be to one's liking because of the rules so it gives them a choice to attend the other one like how omni said he would rather go to the one where his character isn't banned. Remember that banning MK shuts out alot of smashers that main him.
I happen to disagree. I think its still a big deal and still disrespectful. Apparently we have differing opinions.

In fact I think keeping all the reasons in mind is the reason its a problem. For any number of reasons this tournament can be more attractive to certain people and that will detract players from SC's tournament. SC has never been a big region and this is their first attempt at a big tournament so they are expecting a lot of support from NC. They make the effort to drive to a great many of our tournaments and I think the least that can be done whether others want to come or not is to have the courtesy to not steal members but scheduling something so late in the game because they didn't think about SC's tournament or because they didn't think it was important. I complain a lot so I understand why people ignore me, I expected it. I assumed though that my statements would be so universally obviously correct that it wouldn't matter. However it seems that foxy is hard set and hurting others attendance and pretending it doesn't matter.

This isn't supposed to be a political decision. We just want to play smash.
I appreciate the ignorance but you have to know its not that simple.

Jon?

Smash Champion
As a NCSU player, I would like voice my opinion and add a few comments.

@Omni: L2 play non MK char.

@Bill: I agree with what you're saying. I meet a few SC players at your last Billfest and I think they were really cool for driving up several hours to support NC smash. I've made good friends with some of them, Casanova and Snapp to be exact.

If I were in charge I would have gone for a date not taken up by any other local tournaments or ones in SC. I think the problem is that the NC smashers want to hold a tournament as soon as possible to advertise our biweeklies in an efficient manner.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
So it's come to my knowledge that "NCSU Smash" is actually a biweekly. I really don't see how a college biweekly is going to seriously hurt your attendance.

And on top of that, Ledger_Damayn who is trying to be reasonable and is going to try and change the date just for you and the other tourney...and how do you reply to him?

I appreciate the ignorance but you have to know its not that simple.

*tries not to rage*

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
So it's come to my knowledge that "NCSU Smash" is actually a biweekly. I really don't see how a college biweekly is going to seriously hurt your attendance.

And on top of that, Ledger_Damayn who is trying to be reasonable and is going to try and change the date just for you and the other tourney...and how do you reply to him?

*tries not to rage*
It has already been shown that it will affect attendance even though its just a bi-weekly.

As for ledger's attempt to change the date while it is appreciated I simply stated that the idea that its just people who want to get together and play smash is ignorant and thats the truth.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
uhhhhh..... have any of you little kids ever stopped and thought to yourself ... nevermind. All I have to say is this is how I read this thread:

'No, we're not changing the date, because 2 other smash tournaments on the same day doesn't matter. The real problem may be because the venue's availability, but instead we're just going to say that there will be more than enough players at NCSU so it doesn't matter, just so bill will get worked up. We are all pre-pubescent teenagers telling someone who has hosted 100x more tourneys than us how to properly run a tourney.'

In fact, I don't think that this argument with bill has anything to do with the issue at hand. As for you killer, yeah, you are an ******* dude. All you do is talk up you and flamingo when you guys make up the bottom of the top 10, at best, in a game that is ridiculously easy to play. YES, I said brawl is EASY as **** to play, not a sucky game. If you have been playing melee forever, and you're smart and can mind game, all you need to do is familiarize yourself with your character's move set and match-ups.

So congratulations, you and flamingo are good at doubles at a game where anyone truthfully good at smash can pick up and dominate in(if every one in NC played brawl... you wouldn't even get CLOSE to the rankings). If you don't think this is true then you don't understand my definition as 'truthfully good'.

I like bill, and since you're **** talking him for no reason, i'm calling you out to be the brawl scrub that you are. I don't get how bill even takes this ****, it's actually a really good quality of his. I would do everyone a favor, especially your parents, and beat the living **** out of any snot-nosed, spoiled, little kid if I ever get the echo-treatment in real life.

Wow, I can't believe how ****ing lame this thread is. I bet all the other NC threads are ****ing lame too today. I can't wait to waste my time reading the horse**** that you *****es argue about.

/rant

In short foxy you should have just been like 'ugh sorry guys... It really looks like I can't change the date because i won't be able to reschedule the venue blah blah' OR EVEN MADE SOMETHING UP. I swear every one just ****ing loves to argue around here over the most pointless ****. Argue about match-ups instead or something......

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
uhhhhh..... have any of you little kids ever stopped and thought to yourself ... nevermind. All I have to say is this is how I read this thread:

'No, we're not changing the date, because 2 other smash tournaments on the same day doesn't matter. The real problem may be because the venue's availability, but instead we're just going to say that there will be more than enough players at NCSU so it doesn't matter, just so bill will get worked up. We are all pre-pubescent teenagers telling someone who has hosted 100x more tourneys than us how to properly run a tourney.'

In fact, I don't think that this argument with bill has anything to do with the issue at hand. As for you killer, yeah, you are an ******* dude. All you do is talk up you and flamingo when you guys make up the bottom of the top 10, at best, in a game that is ridiculously easy to play. YES, I said brawl is EASY as **** to play, not a sucky game. If you have been playing melee forever, and you're smart and can mind game, all you need to do is familiarize yourself with your character's move set and match-ups.

So congratulations, you and flamingo are good at doubles at a game where anyone truthfully good at smash can pick up and dominate in(if every one in NC played brawl... you wouldn't even get CLOSE to the rankings). If you don't think this is true then you don't understand my definition as 'truthfully good'.

I like bill, and since you're **** talking him for no reason, i'm calling you out to be the brawl scrub that you are. I don't get how bill even takes this ****, it's actually a really good quality of his. I would do everyone a favor, especially your parents, and beat the living **** out of any snot-nosed, spoiled, little kid if I ever get the echo-treatment in real life.

Wow, I can't believe how ****ing lame this thread is. I bet all the other NC threads are ****ing lame too today. I can't wait to waste my time reading the horse**** that you *****es argue about.

/rant

In short foxy you should have just been like 'ugh sorry guys... It really looks like I can't change the date because i won't be able to reschedule the venue blah blah' OR EVEN MADE SOMETHING UP. I swear every one just ****ing loves to argue around here over the most pointless ****. Argue about match-ups instead or something......

Hey buddy you need to get your facts straight. I know you like to think your right and all about me being a random Brawl scrub and getting in the bottom of the top 10 but maybe you should actually check and see where I place?

People like you make me sick. I'm sorry that I'm better then you and better at any game then you will ever be but thats no reason to be so jealous.

I think finishing in the money a 90% of the tourneys I enter counts as being good wouldn't you think?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
the fact of the matter is that foxy had to RESERVE THE VENUE. reserving the venue and then immediately rescheduling is sketch as **** if you look at it from the person who's giving hiim the venue. bill, YOU need to calm down. foxy possibly CAN't change the date and not to mention, LIKE MIKE G SAID, it's a college biweekly ffs. it hasn't been hyped for monthes like banishment was. personally, i wasn't gonna ****ing go to banishment anyways because i don't like brawl enough to go oos for it. however, brawl plus is my favorite smash game to date so you best believe i'll try to make this. don't get your panties iin a knot, people. christ...

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
For another thing Dorsey.... who are you? I couldn't pick you out of a lineup. I have never seen your name at any smash tourney have I attended so who are you to tell me that I'm wrong?

And thanks PLUR for actually being reasonable. Some of us actually don't want to drive 3 hours to a tourney when we can have one right here and still get a good turn out.

ITS IN ANOTHER STATE!!!

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Killer how old are you? You have no clue who you're dealing with kid. You can keep doing all these trolling attempts on me, saying i'm jealous of your brawl skills(LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but it won't get a rise of me. I don't talk ****. I just ask people to step outside with me if they have a problem. I don't do this whole e-insult little kiddie bull****. I see it, read it, then I will approach you in real life at the next tournament and see if you will talk the **** to my face. And yes, I repeat, you're not too good at brawl, and your teammate especially isn't. Last time I'm posting on this gay *** thread.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Plur I was an ra for two years on a college campus and I was even involved in running a couple tournaments at state in brigaw during the days of melée. Trust me I know what goes into it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i hate how people bring up physical stuff when clearly intellectual logic and reasoning are being put into question. makes no sense (brings to mind chris rock lol)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Dorsey, don't make physical threats like that on here again or the next time it's a ban.

*still holding back rage*

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
haha mike g that wasn't a physical threat... was it? :) I think I was just letting killer in on what kind of person I am. It's harder dealing with a crowd that is 90% way younger than you, for me anyways. So tell smashboreds I said sorry.

I just think it's ridiculous about the 2 arguments that have sparked up recently, this and banning metaknight. Bill was right in both of them, especially this, and it looks like people are rubbing it in his face that they're wrong and still getting their way. I just wish our state wouldn't resort to antics like this... or this is how i'm interpreting it at least..

ps. Rome I feel like all of your posts are out in left field.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I believe that Mike G responded to your message for me. Though I will bring up a few(polite) points.

1. I'm 19.
2. I don't really care how old you are. Your not special.
3. I will not "step outside" with you. I don't roll like that.
4. I like how you call brawl a scrubby game but I have never seen you place in anything.
5. I can beat you in Melee as well.

That is all.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Simple answer

-Those who want to play mk banned, go to zCasanova's tourney and those willing to drive 3-4 hours in between NC and SC (from what i'm told of the gap) do so.

-those living in NC don't feel like driving to SC and prefer to stay, then do it... if you care or not about mk being available for play...

seriously, grow up and stop bringing up the same bs debates. and unfortinuately if foxy's room planning got screwed up cuz the building administrators say you're only allowed to have it on this date or wait til december then it's reasonable

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Plairnkk said:
I mean, I don't really care about Brawl at all but I would definitely say 3 hours away isn't conflicting. We have tournies in Phili and Nova all the time, which are 3 hours away, and they don't really conflict. I'd say if more than half the smashers in a region weren't planning on going to the other tourney but will go to this tourney, it's not a conflict.
From the mouth of a National TO

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support Dorsey. I was beginning to wonder if anyone else saw what I saw. Funny thing is I'm not even speaking up for myself I'm trying to stick up for sc because it seems they are too nice to, even though I know they are upset by this. Foxy is to busy making excuses to change anything though. Skipping this week would be easy as would switching the date as would making this one melée so as not to compete as much but I suppose making excuses is even easier.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol dorsey i try. here ya go lol

omni, those are in an area where people are closer to each other than we are. not really comparable

the only reasonable solution is just to attempt to schedule future events less conflictingly. i think we gotta accept that conflicts will exist.

oh yeah, foxy, if you could move this to the 10th, brawl can go down there and melee can happen @ bills and then ppl can come to duke on the 17th

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Killers said:
5. I can beat you in Melee as well.
No, you can't.

------------

I should have known that the collective testosterone of NC would just erupt if I started this argument, back on Page 2.

This is That other thread 2.0, but gayer. I'm not gonna say it's not a lame thing to do to make a tourney on this date, but if Foxy can't do anything about it, he can't do anything about it.

And if he SAYS he can't do anything about it, it's good enough for me, and should be good enough for the collective. Really, nobody should be able to give the TO **** about a date, a rule, or anything. This tomfoolery should have been done in PM's, if AT ALL.

Although, now that I think about it, Foxy did throw his last tourney on the same day I scheduled Judgment 1.5. :)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
So I get this PM:

OmniOstrich said:
I would respectfully like to ask that you please visit this NC thread about a local tournament being run on the same day as an SC tournament.

The NCSU bi-weeklies are starting and for some reason none of the three blaring reasons seem to convince NC-Echo that you its not a conflict with the SC Banishment tournament

1)Banishment is OOS, and +3hr away from NCSU
2)MK is banned at Banishment and will not be banned at NCSU
3)NC smash is large enough to hold 2 local tournaments on the same day, let alone NC and SC smash together.
And then I read this topic, to gain some insight.

my initial reaction was that I agreed with omni, but reading further into it...

First: Omni, you're a whiney vag. If you don't want you're stupid easy wins with Metaknight, or don't want to man up and take a little drive, don't force someone else to take time and money out of their weekend just to satisfy your brawl needs. Even if he had previously stated so, stuff happens, and you gotta deal with it.

As for the "stuff" that has happened.

I have no opinion. I don't know the community, but it seems reasonable that even if it were large enough to hold two local tournaments, if NC and SC are close enough in terms of tournament attendance, cancelling a North Carolina for a South Carolina tournament doesn't seem unreasonable. Community first guys, remember you are nothing without the people you play with, so show some respect. On the other hand, Local community may benefit more from a more local tournament then traveling 3 hours, because many newer players aren't up for that kind of trip right off the bat, and just want to get their foot in the door.

It's hard to compare Philly---Nova to NC---SC, because the South in general is just far more spread out, and getting large turnouts requires far larger area, whereas atlantic north can get easy 50 entrants from their surrounding cities. we are not as fortunate.

It depends on how strong the ties between SC and NC are, how beneficial to the local NC community a Bi-weekly is, and ultimately, whatever the TO **** near feels like. (To be fair, with my limited knowledge of the area, it is a bi-weekly, there will be others).

Oh yeah.

Don't ever PM me again.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
lol dorsey i try. here ya go lol

omni, those are in an area where people are closer to each other than we are. not really comparable

the only reasonable solution is just to attempt to schedule future events less conflictingly. i think we gotta accept that conflicts will exist.

oh yeah, foxy, if you could move this to the 10th, brawl can go down there and melee can happen @ bills and then ppl can come to duke on the 17th
Campus is closed on the 10th for fall break. I for one will be at home and we can't host anything that weekend.

EDIT: Lol at the Melee Broomer above me. I got a good laugh.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
KillerSOS: 100$ MM melee? You're 'better' than me, so make that $ kid. I have no problem delivering on that amount if you beat me. I'll even hand it to someone else. So accept.

Bill it's no problem... the whole situation is ridiculous. I feel like the only people that know what's up refrain from posting being that it's such a silly argument to begin with and don't want to be involved. Didn't want to leave you hangin.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
KillerSOS: 100$ MM melee? You're 'better' than me, so make that $ kid. I have no problem delivering on that amount if you beat me. I'll even hand it to someone else. So accept.

Bill it's no problem... the whole situation is ridiculous. I feel like the only people that know what's up refrain from posting being that it's such a silly argument to begin with and don't want to be involved. Didn't want to leave you hangin.
Na man I would feel bad taking money from you. Who you calling a kid? Your the most immature person in this thread.

Top Bottom