• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
u wanna have that mm that never happened?

your main (still doc?) vs my nonganon?
Falco/Sheik. Doc is still fun though, I mess around with him all the time.

Once I get some practice in (going to be easy now that the semester is here), sure, why not. $1 MM. Play Ganon, too. Not being cocky, just would like to see how good your main is.

Remind me next Smash Stacks. Or whatever event we happen to be at at the same time.

lord karn

Smash Master
Obviously. Who would play Ganon in tourney? (inb4foxy)I mean, I prefer melee; it's funner. Brawl will be a nice change of pace while I still have the desire to enjoy it though (will lose patience quickly I bet.)
if you like melee more, just play it. I'll teach you stuff. Hey, your reaction time isn't too bad either. @__@

Gardevior

Smash Lord
lolguys. I don't play Ganon in Brawl fo' srs. Only to mess around with because the character sucks and at least I can john about my character to relieve the boredom of brawl taking its sweet time to finish a match. I mostly use Game and Watch and Olimar.

Also played Brawl today for the first time in months. Was okay, but grab armor is TERRIBLE.

Oh and Karn I do play Melee. More frequently than Brawl. I just thought I'd mention Brawl here because it's a Brawl thread.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol lee, you know grab armor exists in melee too? except it's gayer in that game because the grabber doesn't even take damage. grab just straight WINS.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
lol lee, you know grab armor exists in melee too? except it's gayer in that game because the grabber doesn't even take damage. grab just straight WINS.
Well, that's during the throw animation iirc. Not during the "okay now its time to stick out my hand and grab you" animation.

I don't know. Brawl grab armor enrages me because I KNOW I hit them, whereas in Melee (if stingers is right) I can just assume I missed my timing or what have you. There's no indication in melee.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no its during the stick out my hand and grab part. in melee it has absolute priority aka you will not take any damage and grabs will go through. in brawl the same thing results in a trade where you take damage.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
ok ledger, I'll take you up on that. I usually don't go to ncsu's cuz they're usually presominantly brawl, and duke is significantly closer to gboro, but I'm sure we'll end up at the same event eventually. Lookin forward to it.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
ok ledger, I'll take you up on that. I usually don't go to ncsu's cuz they're usually presominantly brawl, and duke is significantly closer to gboro, but I'm sure we'll end up at the same event eventually. Lookin forward to it.
Lol, why me in particular? You've already money matched the rest of NCSU that plays Melee? Like... Gard, Jon, Sauce, and Flaminghoe? (not counting Foxy)

Or they just haven't accepted. I'll see you at an event at some point I'm sure. And I'll make sure Mullins doesn't give me alcohol next time :D

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I didn't know any of them played. I'd mm all of ncsu if they wanna play. I'd never really played any of them, so if they want some, I'll give it to them.

NCSU, you want some???

Stockfield

Smash Champion
It means I can resist everything but temptation......I don't get it, I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I mean its just a joke though.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm going to be at NC state library tomorrow around 8:00 am if anyone wants to practice with me for mlg. I can't stay but for like a hour of two though so if your gonna show up, be there early. I'll be waiting.

Top Bottom