• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Near Death Experiences

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
Awhile back (I believe during the summer) I was riding in the car with my aunt and all them, down a two lane highway in the dessert. Well, we see this guy going towards us head on. My aunt swerved quickly to the right, almost landing the car on it's side. If we were any much closer, we would have fallen to the side.

This did give me a bit of adrennalin really.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
I just remembered another event that took place earlier this year in Salt Lake City, Utah. My father and I were in the car, and were stopped at a red light. When the light turned green, my father wasn't paying attention. About three seconds later, I told him the light was green. He finally noticed and started slowly across the intersection. Suddenly, a car came speeding across the intersection perpendicular to us (must have been going around 80 mph). If my dad had been paying attention, and went when the light turned green, we would have been hit... HARD!

That's a lesson for everyone. Just because the light's green doesn't mean you shouldn't make sure things are safe.

Rubbish

Smash Journeyman
When I was 5 or 6, I was walking to the mall from the parking lot with my family and I was
ahead of everyone.Some guy on the wrong lane quickly drove by and came very close to hitting me.

john g

Smash Cadet
i was at a cheap restaurant without knowing it but my mum and dad told me to leave because we had to go to a friends house and later that day i was watching the news it showed the restaurant I was at and they said that they had food poisoning in the kitchen as they do not clean very much. then i thought $#!T i could have died.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You don't normally die from food poisoning in a non-third world country. Just feels like you are going to die.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Well I have two to share;

One day when I was about 7 I decided to ride my bike down the top of a really really big hill. It was located on the same street as mine, and we didnt have much traffic normally, so I thought even if a car comes along I can just avoid it. But then....

OH NOES!

I had started riding down the hill and realised that my brother, in some sort of cruel prank, tied a peice of rope into my chains, rendering them useless. I couldnt pedal, nor could I stop.
I thought I would just wait out the speed until I reached the dirt road at the bottom of the hill. Whats happens next?

Right at the T intersection on the way to the dirt road, just as I am about to reach said T intersection, Mr. Green Car decides to spontaneously drive around said corner towards me!
I was paralysed in fear, to which the car responded with a *beep* *beep* and swerved out of the way JUST in time. But you think my troubles were over, you were wrong sir.

I pass the car, and realise too late that I was going to run smack bang into a road sign, namely the one that looks like this:

I'm sure you know the ones. And *BANGENS*, clothsline my self on said sign, causing my bike to fling right out from under me, while I stayed in place. No injuries, but still I almost got hit by a car so that counts.

Next story is a couple of months later, again on that same big hill. Careening down it, WHEE I say WHEE I was having fun. But then (most likely because of the previous accident)
MY BRAKES WOULDNT WORK AGAIN!!! >:(

And I was heading straight towards the back of a parked car near the bottom of the hill, right near the T intersection. I was paralysed in fear once again, thus controlling of the bars I couldnt.

What happens next is:

*DONK* (huge dent in car)
*whooshing sounds* (me flying straight up into the air)
*CRASHENS* (My bike crashing somewhere)
*SPLAT* (Me hitting the middle of the road face first)

Needless to say, I was quite bloody. Bloody elbows, knees and a small gash on my head from the impact of the ground. Didnt need to go to hospital, but **** I felt like I was gonna die when I saw that car.

And that is my life (death) story :)

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well,

last summer i was in a sailing course for some reason, and while me ad my friend were out for a bit on the water, some pretty high winds blew through. we were in a small boat that was called a Laser, and i dont think we really thought that the wind would pick up so fast and that it would be so strong. but anyways, we started to sail around and it got pretty hecktic trying to keep the little boat under control so that it wouldn't flip but we hit a small wave and the whole boat flipped over, man we got owned because we were in semi shallow water (it wa probably about 10 ft deep) it was a lot harder to get it back upright. so after about 20 mins of trying to get the boat back up, the wind picked back up again. once my buddy lifted the boat up on its side, the wind caught the boat and flipped it on top of me! im not really sure why or how i managed to get in that position, but it hurt. so i was caught under the boat trying to get loose and swim out from under it, when the wind blew it back over again and i managed to swim out. i was so scared after that, so scared in fact that i will never sail again in my life.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I almost ran off the side of a dam when I lost control of a snowmobile. I also crased a dirtbike into a boulder on a blind turn. There's also the time when I was a kid, I ate the mushrooms growing in my backyard. Did you know those were posinous?

Top Bottom