• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
To be fair to everyone else, I am going to remove the video from youtube instead of editing my post because after talking/thinking it through with the mod, it would be better to not have this until fully discussing the idea.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm going to respond with a mic, since that'll be downright hilarious. And yeah, it would take years to explain my play and substantiate my reads, so I'll just do that.

Once I figure out how to record audio from my mic and post it on youtube, of course.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Well, the long and short of it is that your AtE won't work on me, J. Give me a case, but fair warning, I still think you're scum.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
AtE? My video was very cool/analytical besides one part of it I can think of.

That's a terrible reason to call me out on saying my AtE isn't going to work. I mean I have been anything but using emotion this game besides the emotion of annoyance (which is true).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
J, you have other posts to respond to.

Are you fully caught up?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I thought it was hilarious, but ironically you didn't substantiate a lot of your points w.r.t. how what I've done is necessarily scummy. Lets boogie.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm fully caught up, I just haven't responded to things yet.

For those of you who did not watch the video, I'll get a summary of that up.

@Bardull: You said you would go first. So if you wanna boogie, start it up.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You know, in all honesty... I didn't take your face reactions as anything at all. You're an actor, you know how to cheese it. Either way, If you're gonna have an actual post up soon enough then I'll just tab out because I don't really care for the style.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Very true point on the actor thing and all you guys have is my word but I will get a post up hopefully soon.

However, it should be taken down so I don't know how you can still watch it....

July

Smash Apprentice
I just don't see how you could still think it's a gambit at this point. And if you don't then you shouldn't be so willing to give him chances to get out of being lynched.
I don't still think it's a gambit, I thought that was pretty clear. But you are being stubborn for no good reason. I believe you and your result but don't force the Day to a close yet, J is posting (I missed the whole video thing) and Circus gave us an update on Macman. Give Ryker a chance to talk then we can end the Day, okay? Okay cool. After that I will guaran-****ing-tee you that I will put my vote on Kary and support his lynch, but there's still stuff I want to accomplish toDay and don't take that away from me just because you are antsy now to push the Kary lynch through.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ryker has been prodded.

“I curse the day we raised our glass up like a bridge and let the Devil pass.”

Vote Count
Kary [5]: Ramen King, Ranmaru, Ragnarock, Nabe, KevinM
J [3]: Ryker, Kantrip, Bardull
Macman [1]: Kary
Bardull [1]: J
July [0]:
Ranmaru [0]:
Kantrip [0]:
Ramen King [0]:
Nabe [0]:
Ragnarock [0]:
KevinM [0]:
Ryker [0]:

Not Voting: Macman, July

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required for lynch.

Deadline: Monday, September 24th, 11:59pm EST

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I don't still think it's a gambit, I thought that was pretty clear. But you are being stubborn for no good reason. I believe you and your result but don't force the Day to a close yet, J is posting (I missed the whole video thing) and Circus gave us an update on Macman. Give Ryker a chance to talk then we can end the Day, okay? Okay cool. After that I will guaran-****ing-tee you that I will put my vote on Kary and support his lynch, but there's still stuff I want to accomplish toDay and don't take that away from me just because you are antsy now to push the Kary lynch through.

...ahem...well...okay

July

Smash Apprentice
@Ran: My comments on Soup v. Ran, as promised,

Post #148

I meant that I'm not trying to force 10 questions down one person's throat that would get us no where, like in Pulp Fiction. That, did not happen here. I did get conclusions from my questions, and I don't see why you are trying to act like you are psychic and say if I got conclusions or not. Yes, seeing Zen saying that Kary was scum, was what made me ask Kary those questions to see how he'd react, since it was just very rvs like. I did get a conclusion from it, and that was the he didn't have any real reason to ask J to proxy his vote. That right there, shows he is trying to fake doing something to seem town, which he had done as newb scum, and that is why I felt he was deff scummy. So, what else would you expect me to do? Nothing else had happened that I felt was scummy. Anything questionable? Yes, Nabe's statement about you. Did I find it scummy? No. Like I said to J, I'm not going to try to look else where for scum when

A) I don't see anything else that is scummy
B) I already believe the scum has shown themselves

Now talk to me. You are only reading me this way because of meta. Did you really think I just 'dropped' questioning style and instead just pushed cases on people that I find scummy? Like I think you and me did better together in GS3, so I don't see what's the difference. You like to use RVS to the best of it's ability, and so do I. Check out Celeb Rehab Mafia, and look at how I start off RVS. How do I do so? I start out with asking people simple rvs questions to get discussion going. I can't always "have a case" on someone when there hasn't been much to see in the first place. Sometimes I have to give questions to start discussion, simple as that. If I were to bring out a "case" on Kary, it would be an exact copy of what Zen has said, because he has already said it. If there was anything else to point out about Kary, I would bring it to light, yet there isn't. It's as simple as that. Now I don't think my questions are as useless as they used to be.
I think this response from Ran was well thought out and I think he's genuine about the intent behind his RVS actions. The first bold he shows that he really did have a reason for asking some of the questions he did early on and that he was pursuing leads that he gained from his questions, which looks like genuine scumhunting. Then he turns back to Soup and tries to get into his head and understand what his intent was at looking into Ran, especially since his reasons for questioning Ran's actions were based in meta.

Post #218

What argument? Soup, tell me what they were arguing about at that very moment. Anyway, the reason why I asked that is because I wanted to know what he would say about you, and I wanted to know why he asked J about the proxy vote. (I asked about you because you had enough content to read, it was a throw in) So don't act like it was an interruption, because I don't see it that way. Especially since J already replied to Kary's question.

Post #221

Yes, there was a reason to post that. I wanted to know why he disagreed with townsoup.
This part of his response was eh, I think Soup had some good points prior to this about Ran, if not interrupting, at least putting himself into the conversation between Kary and J, Ran simply disagrees that it was an interruption and I can understand that.

One of my main problems with you is that I felt like you were just trying to emulate town and you didn't really have a reason to post those questions. I didn't feel like you had a purpose for it, and your random Intervals where you would show up bothered me greatly. I feel like you're a player who asks questions to come to conclusions, not the other way around. I think your reasoning and this post is solid however, and you erase a lot of my doubt I had in the first place, I think I was being dumb before to be honest. Your second Paragraph really is just Meta in a way, but it's the same gist as to what I said before. My read on you wasn't all Meta actually, I dislike players who I feel just post without a solid reasoning, and it's one of the things I look for. I found myself alarmed especially with you because you're not that player, you always make your reasoning clear and precise. Could you tell me why you started out with those random questions for this game?
This gave me a really good insight into Soup's head as well. He explains what he was thinking when he brought up the issues he had with Ran and how Ran's answer affected his read, and he really does seem to take in what Ran says and accept that he might have been wrong about him; that shows me that he's scumhunting in a way that is progressing and developing his reads, which is a good sign.

Kary and J were in a cat fight for a moment and Kary was slightly buddying J, I feel it would have worked itself out eventually however, and you just coming out like that in the middle of it didn't make much sense. Do you really feel you benefitted from those questions you asked before?

But then my issue comes back up. Why did it matter? Why did you care explictly? HOw was it important to you? Iirc Nabe really didn't post anything worth of merit until then and you kinda just latch onto him for no good reason.
And then I like these questions because they get to the real issue he was having with Ran and that a lot of people seemed to be having with Ran as well, and that was what's your intent? How does it help your reads and how does it help town?

@Soup:

Ok I understand. At that time there wasn't anything solid for me to present, it was more of me trying to get a feel of the players. My "random interval" thing is because I'm impulsive and I go for what I have going in my head. Like I said, I felt Zen might have been right about Kary, so I just asked him a question about you and J to see what he would say, because knowing that scum have to fake their reads, just asking a question like that puts them on the spot. I can understand your concern though. The first questions I asked, I'll explain how I was thinking:

So Ramen just posted a list of reads, and I proceeded to talk about Kary and how I felt he'd be able to be an asset if he turned out to be town, and how Ryker might be able to help me read KevinM/Macman because that was something I'd have trouble with, and that gave me the idea of asking Ryker about KevinM's meta, because I totally got KevinM read wrong and I think it's my fault we went the wrong direction in Mario Party 2 and lynched Marshy. Then that gave me the idea of asking a few other people questions to just get discussion going.

I just felt there wasn't much to add to J's "You are silly, Kary". I didn't really know Kary was going to do more with that, and I just instantly asked Kary about his reads. I also do think I benefitted from the questions I asked, because then it showed J's and my thought process of what was going on. Even though there might have been a chance of an argument between Kary and J I didn't see, I feel it still went in a good direction, even though it wasn't in the one Kary and J were going to go into. Do you feel like what happened after wasn't useful to you in reading people?

Well I thought you were pretty townie to me, so I wanted him to explain why he thought otherwise. It matters to me because I want people to justify their reads if they don't give a reason, especially when it's a town read that I want to keep in the game. Again, the random thing is only because I'm impulsive and I ask questions as soon as I think about them.
This post is literally just a play by play of what was going through Ran's head while he did what he did and asked the questions he did during RVS. His answers seem genuine to me and I'm willing to believe his intent was really to help town and scumhunt.

This logic is fair and I find myself impressed with it. I don't see any issues to bring up here.

I think it was useful if it had context, I had already gone over everything regarding this but I don't believe you should stop either, I was on your case for no reason and your questions definitely like Pulp Fiction.

Alright.

Yeah, Ranmaru isn't scum, in fact he's pretty solid town and I feel stupid. Feel free to bro it up with me too Ranmaru. :cool:
And this is pretty much the conclusion, where Soup develops a solid read on Ran and is satisfied that Ran can provide reasoning and reveals pro-town intent for the things that Soup had previously found suspicious.

All in all I found it a very interesting conversation because both were clearly trying to understand the other person's intent, but they both also accepted that some of their suspicions were weak or unfounded and developed their reads from there. Overall the conversation between them feels very TvT to me. I've been a little weary of Soup all game but things like this do make me think he's really scumhunting and trying to help town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J, I want you to wrap up your summary. I didn't get to see your video (I wish I saw it damn it :c) But yeah. I want you to do that.

Kary, why haven't you claimed yet?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I have a guilty on dat der Kary, Raziekieloid. Kary is at dat that L-2 Raziekloid. Place your vote on dat der that der Kary Raziekloid.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, straight up, I don't buy for a ****ing second that you have a guilty on Kary.

I just don't. In a setup like this, daycop would be too damn swingy. Either it's near-useless or it upends the entire game by pegging the Necro. I don't think Circus in good conscience would put in such a swingy role. I really don't.

Second, having been in a similar position before, I buy Kary's AtE here. I've read the entire thread as the game has gone on, and I have wanted to punch your face in before I even received a role PM, Zen. You've completely shut off every other avenue of discussion by claiming "guilty", then you're trying to slam Kary for not taking other action, when you close off every other voting option with:

BUT I HAVE GUILTY!@!11!!!

So, no, sincerely, go **** yourself.

Read list and vote in next post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The Living:
Nabe
Nabe is always a mystery, and he's been offering relevant commentary lately. He's a very slight Town lean, and not on my agenda for today.

Bardull
Don't see scumDull here in the slightest. I don't see him blatantly disregarding the game as he did early on, and his exchanges with Kantrip/Kary didn't cause me any scum vibes.

Ragnarock (Soup)
You worry me, Soup. You're less obviously Town than usual, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt due to how Zen's been manhandling the flow of discussion. I forget exactly what, but something sat wrong with me on my initial read. Not enough to bother me right now.

Ramen King (Zen)
You're ********, but you're Town. You'd have no reason to stick your neck out this far as scum on a gamble.

Macman Raziek

Kantrip
Nothing at all sticks out in memory Re: Kantrip.

KevinM
Slacker. Play less Borderlands with :gova: and I, and more mafia.

Kary
Despite what I said earlier, I'm not certain he's Town, but if he isn't, I think that will become apparent before long. I think we can and should be looking at other avenues before Kary, as I'm not at all willing to trust your (Zen) guilty on Day 1. If he's scum it's by play, and I don't see it right now.

July
To be honest, I have a hell of a lot of trouble reading July's posts due to their size and the fact that they never seem concise. This will likely be a read I build off of other people.

Ryker
Slacker, and V/LA.

Ranmaru
Kinda looks like RanTown, kinda doesn't. More as the situation develops.

J
I want to go J toDay. Going to grab the posts I agreed most with re:J and sum up my opinion on that.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Why did Kary get into a fit again? That was pretty startling to be honest, but not really anything else to change my mind.

Kary, you tell us that nobody is looking at logic in this situation yet all in that post all you did was feel sorry for yourself and insult everyone on your wagon, I didn't see any conclusive evidence as to why Zen isn't DayCop, all I saw was you belitting arguments and having a ****fit. You really think that's gonna help here? You really think getting upset is helping your case?

I want you to think about why people believe Zen, and then I want you to consider who's the possible scum on the wagon. Your post told me me nothing. Sure, you made your argument clear. You're angry, you're frustrated, but why should I care? Your post is the posts I've been dealing with in [redacted] to be frank, you didn't get your way and then decided you're going to blame everyone else on your wagon. Do you think, that maybe, if you were doing a good job or people had you as discernible town, that they wouldn't be on your wagon at the moment? That's not to say that some people aren't just on it because of Zen, but what about the people who have given reason? I suppose that's many to be honest.

I'm gonna give you a straight and blunt answer: Unless you can truly convince the players here that you're not scum with conclusive evidence or a less defeatist attitude, you're gonna get lynched. Your post screamed to me "I don't care anymore, It's not my fault and I'm not gonna take the burden." It's true that you've been trying. That's great! But to be honest, town and scum will likely just sheep this discerning your alignment either way. That doesn't mean you just throw in the damn towel and say "a bloo bloo y is everyone voting me" You stick to your goddamn guns until there's a hammer on you.

I expect to see better or I expect to see a formal response from you, Kary.
This was the main post of Soup's that bothered me, and it is armchair as ****.

Further, the red is RIDICULOUS, because there's absolutely no ****ing reason to believe Zen other than being indignant as ****. People claim **** with no backing D1 ALL THE TIME. And of all things, you choose to believe DayCop because Zen would have "dropped it by now"? There's no evidence that he isn't, because there's no evidence that he IS, either!

Are you SQUIDDING me? Zen is probably one of the most indignant, anti-Town Town players I have ever seen, has routinely pulled **** like this (even as far back in memory as my first D-Games foray, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance maf), and has absolutely ZERO ****ing credibility on a stunt like yes, yet Soup is eating that **** up!
@J:

Post #138

My questions were not pointless, I had reasons for them all. If you really had a problem with my questions, why didn't you bring that up when you asked me about the question I addressed to Kary? I gave you the reasons for why I asked him that, and instead you said "Ok I'll come back when it gets interesting". The thing is you are only accusing me of seeming town after I said that Kary was. Not before. I can agree with Zen if I see the same thing he does. I'm not going to try to look for OTHER scum if I feel the scum are already on the radar. If I see something that sticks out as scummy besides you/kary, I will express it. You also are saying "this game" as if we have been in the game for a few days. That was only my play from early pre-game to the beginning of the official game. How else would I find OTHER scum at that time, if I didn't think anything else was scummy? I for sure don't think Kanty is scum for your weak reasons. No one else seemed scummy to me at the time. The thing is J, I didn't think you were scummy until after my initial questions to Kary. In regards to Kary, I noticed Zen say that Kary seemed to be playing his NewbScum self, and I could see that [Remember that Kary was my strongest scumread in Breaking Bad Mafia, so can you try to look at it from my pov?] and pushed in that direction to see how he reacted. Why did I do so? Because it was rvs. There wasn't anything solid until after my questions. When I respond to Soup I'll explain what I got from the questions he felt were 'pointless' 'pulpfiction mode'.

Yes, that question to Kanty felt misplaced. Like, you were trying to create something ON THE SPOT, when you could have waited instead to read people over time. This made me feel that you were being defensive, due to what was already happening on that very page. I didn't say your entire play was defensive, just your reaction towards Kanty. To be more clear, I feel you were being defensive because it seemed like something poked at you and you reacted, in a desperate and opportunistic way.

Post #80

Underlined, you say he is trying to keep a middle ground in his defense, but I don't see it that way because you didn't really bring any attack at all. Just a vague FoS.

In the red, you state you don't get why he is trying to use a cop out, because of the bold. I'll explain why I don't see a reason for you to believe the red.

Bold, this is disgusting because you are trying to force a "everyone does this, so you are scum for not doing it" argument. I'm sure there is a word for it but, I don't know it. :awesome: (July, clear that up for me :woman:) Basically, this doesn't mean that is true for everyone, especially in this playerlist. Now it would be weird if he caught people as scum or correctly read a person multiple times due to his experience with them, and then said it he didn't have any easy reads (with that person in the playerlist). But that isn't the case, and I'm sure if I asked him about who he found the hardest to read, he'd be able to give a name. So I didn't see your push on Kanty genuine, and you were trying to make it into a situation in where he was trying to cop out on being able to give an easy read, which I don't think he would have to do that in the first place. Also consider I asked him about his confidence, and he honestly explained that he planned to be confident in his reads yet not be stubborn about them. So, I don't see a problem with him not having anyone he can easily read, and I don't see a problem with him explaining if he will be confident with his reads, when I asked him that in the first place. So, therefore when I see your question "Kanty why are you so hesitant" I see it as trying to force a scummy issue that really isn't there.
This is the post I agree with most re:J. He's been pretty fake for a majority of the game, and I absolutely agree that he's been buddying Kary for Townpoints on his Town flip. Probably because he knows Zen is able to push this **** through if he stalls on his "responding with a wall" for long enough.

Not gonna buy J's stalling, not gonna buy Zen's bull**** guilty.

Vote: J

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Well July we got mac miller's stance. So how bout u and dat dare J put ur votes on dat der kary so we can end this day.

Ryker be V LA or sumfin. But I'm sure he will think im gambifin too

so let's end this er day

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I've read the entire thread as the game has gone on, and I have wanted to punch your face in before I even received a role PM, Zen.
How is this possible? I'm on 24 shevin and have only seen your name a couple of times for a few men nuts.

Randog I haven't read Soup's posts in a while. What's your take on him?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
How is this possible? I'm on 24 shevin and have only seen your name a couple of times for a few men nuts.

Randog I haven't read Soup's posts in a while. What's your take on him?
I read pretty early in the mornings, usually on the bus around 7 AM AST. (6 EST)

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Raz I like your towniness no lie. Looks like I was right about the mac. But aint gambitin my knee gah. You say there isn't likely to be a cop in this game but it aint true because i am da cop in this game. You forget that this is an experimental set up and to just refuse my claim because of incorrect mod meta is just not a good thing to do here. Uh what else. Oh yeah the fact that I am cop probably suggests that there is more than one scumfumin. You act like i can just pin the necro and win. I'm sure circus has planted some backup situations if ur tryn go that route.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup is solid town. After seeing him solidify his stance on me (after our interaction), I realized it was just soup annoyed and confused with how I was playing early game. I just found how he approached that, was natural and townie.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raz I like your towniness no lie. Looks like I was right about the mac. But aint gambitin my knee gah. You say there isn't likely to be a cop in this game but it aint true because i am da cop in this game. You forget that this is an experimental set up and to just refuse my claim because of incorrect mod meta is just not a good thing to do here. Uh what else. Oh yeah the fact that I am cop probably suggests that there is more than one scumfumin. You act like i can just pin the necro and win. I'm sure circus has planted some backup situations if ur tryn go that route.
I'm not buying a D1 Daycop in this game, nor would I buy it in any other game.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
That's dumb. I'm easily confirmable simply by Kary's flip. Why do you think scum is trying so hard to keep him alive.

Aye even KevMo know's that Kary is scum. You're being a liability for not "buying" my legitimate role lol. Just because I didn't wait two days like a ***** you r taking it as a gambit when it's not. You're calling me anti-town but ur refusing to lynch confirmed scum who u even think is suspicious based on your own reads just because i have had a history of gambiting and u dont like that i got it this time. The only reason im not even gettin mad anymore is because of how stupid you non believers are going to look

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
And look you even agree that J is scum. Yet why is he trying so hard to keep Kary alive? J is refusing to vote Kary even though J himself is next up on the lynch pool. Kary is more important of a scum role than J is. Take off your blinders Raz.

Top Bottom