• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
This is me reminding people that the game still hasn't technically started yet.

To the few players who still have yet to confirm, please do so as soon as possible. I didn't really foresee the Day "starting" so soon before some players have even seen their roles.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Everyone is free to chat. Nothing anyone has done has been against the rules. Mostly, I just expected everybody to be able to confirm more quickly than this. Game's getting a little more ahead of itself than I expected.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Apologies on my end, Circus, I may be a little antsy since I am super bored/nothing to do since shortened schedule this week/blah/blah/blah.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kanty, when has the last time you and I have played again? It's been a good few months if I recall.

What I am not liking about you thus far is the fact that you are treading carefully in your word choices when saying things.
Yeah it's probably been at least that long. Treading carefully with wording is a thing I do. Sometimes it only lasts early game, sometimes longer. But in almost EVERY game I'm in I start out with really carefully chosen words. You can verify this by checking probably almost any game I've played in or am playing in.

An example would be what you just said to me, you aren't looking into what I am saying but more so trying to mollify what I am doing to your slot by trying to guess what I may be doing. Whether it be real pressure, pseudo pressure, or just curiosity. You are trying to keep a middle ground of your defense.
Is this better? I don't think your suspicion of me is warranted or legit, and I feel like your points against me are silly. Being careful with words isn't a scum tell, it's a careful tell. I fail to really grasp what you're trying to say about "mollifying what you're doing", because I was actually ASKING you a question to discern what you were doing. I asked, is it to do with my meta? If it's not a meta reason, I'm assuming it's just hollow pressure, which brings me back to I think your points are silly and not legit.

In post 71, you create yourself a backdoor in an attempt to justify your reads for later on by saying you are going to be more confident regardless of what is going on. I don't get why you chose to cop-out and answer "oh no one is going to be easy to read." which isn't really true because everyone has a player that they feel more comfortable with reading correctly in this game. Instead, you decided to just not give out a name. Seems weird to me.
It wasn't intentional if so. I have a history of being A)Not confident in my reads or B)Overly stubborn and hard-headed with them. I was just saying I'm going to try to be neither. This isn't to excuse me from any faults in my play that may come along, so I don't see how I'm leaving a back-door. In this playerlist, I really don't have a player I'm comfortable with reading. But since you seem to know who I can read and who I can't, what was my answer to that question supposed to be?

July

Smash Apprentice
Apologies for confirming late, didn't expect the game to start so quickly!

July: Hey there! Long time no see. Do you think the last people to confirm are scum for doing so? Why or why not. Who do you think you can read in this game and why?
Lol no I don't think confirming late makes someone scum (obviously I'm biased because I think I'm the last person to confirm), but there are outside factors such as school/work/sleep which affect when a person confirms and are not indicative of alignment.

I've played with everyone in this game before, so I think (and I'm hopeful that) I'm capable of reading everyone in the game with some success.

Someone now create content so I can analyze it. July, you'll do.
I'll see what I can do :embarrass:

Oh yes, and I was going to suggest a No Lynch D1 as a possible option so as to better evaluate the setup. Haven't thought it through yet but I can't help but love a game that gives me a mechanics things to idly talk about in RVS.
/serious

also 7-day Days, urgh, oh well. J please be up to date :)
I think we should definitely keep a no lynch as a viable option for toDay. I want to work out some scenarios of what kind of kill pattern gets set in motion if we lynch toDay versus if we no lynch toDay, except not right now at 2 am.

I like Zen's #65, Soup's comment about "pretending" to play the game struck me as odd as well considering there was already quite active participation in RVS by more than just Zen.

What's to stop the Necromancer from being part of a scum faction?

There's definitely more than one scum to find in this game. The OP does not confirm the existence of indies, so neither should the blurb about the Necromancer. In fact, I'm going to assume the Necromancer is a part of a small scum faction for the time being.
Agreed that there is more than one scum this game, but I'm curious as to what the wincon of the Necromancer must be. The description of his role seems like it would lend itself to last man standing by using his army to wipe out what remains of town, including scum, indiscriminately, which sounds like an indy role to me. If he's part of a small scum team, then I feel like his play will still resemble an indy anyways, because what does losing a scum member actually matter? It's just one more person to add to the army of the undead, so the main goal of indy Necromancer or scum team with the Necromancer would still be the same: to keep the Necromancer alive.

@Kantrip: What don't you like about Kary's proposal of a no lynch? I'm not sold on a no lynch toDay yet, but I don't think I understand your reasoning against it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Never liked Zombies. Frankly, I was never one for scary movies in general. It's not that they scare me, but that they're intentionally made so that the subject of interest is incomprehensible and serves to attack humanity's fear of the unknown. Uses sounds and other devices to build up suspense, but those sounds are only a means to distract from what the subject really is, an organism.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That was probably a bigger answer than necessary, but I felt like talking about myself.

/I'mkindofabigdeal.

Dare I inquire as to why you asked?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Dare I inquire as to why you asked?
Scum would be afraid to answer that they like zombies.

J how is talking about whether no lynching is a viable option "breaking the game". Why did you include Kantrip in that comment when he was disagreeing with Kary?

Bardull what is your read on Kary and J? I'm just going to call them Jary from now on.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
That's all from me until the game starts. I think we're just waiting on the mac miller. Jary quick lynch is preferred. 70% + on them being scum. Kary > J. I'd be willing to test out a no lynch as well. Bardull raises a red flag. Everyone else can be put aside.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ramen King said:
Pretend? I know very well you don't have a problem with starting a game before we have the ability to vote. Why are you trying to down play our ability to play the game right now? Weird.Ranmaru is town because if he were scum, his only post right now would be his confirmation post and he would have been either aggressive towards me or ultra hesitant towards me. Instead he is budding me while still keeping in mind the possibility of me being scum. Why do you ask? I'd assume youd be more interested in how I got a macman read before he even posted or a Ryker read. Not someone who you know I don't have much trouble reading. Do you disagree with Ranmaru town at this point?
The game hasn't officially started. It's true that everyone has confirmed and we could play, but that fact still remains. That's a stretch of meta that I don't care to delve into, mostly because I'd expect Ranmaru to be aware of his faults as scum, you give him too much leniency. Him buddying you isn't a tell either, if anything I'll be looking at him buddying you because it's just a poor excuse to follow someone, even if it's Ranmaru. I didn't like his beginning post at all, mostly because it was pointless and something I wouldn't expect out of him. I would only expect such useless line of questioning from either Swiss or a Newbie, and Ranmaru is neither.

huh >.>? ?
What are you saying here? Why did you say this? What was the point of this post?
It's a very weird line and I don't understand the use of it wrt Ranmaru, I'm already side eyeing his current play and I don't have a clue where Macman is.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kary, what's your opinion on Soup, and J?
Ranmaru, what's your opinion on July and Kantrip?
I have no idea. They haven't posted yet. Why ask me about those two?
I was being a smart*** because asking about myself/Soup at this stage of the game so far is pretty much as useless as asking about July/Kanty right now.
J's town this game. Zen needs to explain why he's reading Ranmaru the way he is without using the words "Meta" and "Obvtown".

#HBC | ѕoup

Ranmaru said:
No, he is correct with Soup. Why do you think otherwise?
Am I playing Pulp Fiction again? What happened to the Ranmaru who got over the overtly useless questioning games? Ranmaru, please tell me why you agree with Zen's line of reasoning on me but you're curious as to how others are reading me.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantrip said:
No one will be easy to read for me, but I plan to be confident in my reads regardless. Not hard-headed, but I'm not going to just blow over from a bit of abrasion either.
I don't understand the need for you to remind us you're going to pay confidently yet say we're all going to be very hard to read. There's no point in confidence if you can't back it up.

Because I want the confidence I plan to have in my reads go along with not rushing into them. What do you make of this? Scummy, townie, or were you just asking for curiosity's sake?
You reference this confidence thing like it's going to factor in how you're going to play this game, I don't understand your hesitance and clearly J didn't either. Post #80 nearly summarizes all my thoughts on you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantrip said:
@J: Not really, actually. Is it scummy for reasons of my meta or just applying pressure to me? Traditionally I don't react well to that, but I think I've grown some balls.
Had to comment on this even though J does a great job of summing everything up. You state you have grown balls, but you are playing like a neutered dog. I have not seen any ounce of confidence in your play so far.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kantrip said:
Yeah it's probably been at least that long. Treading carefully with wording is a thing I do. Sometimes it only lasts early game, sometimes longer. But in almost EVERY game I'm in I start out with really carefully chosen words. You can verify this by checking probably almost any game I've played in or am playing in.
Crappy Meta

Is this better? I don't think your suspicion of me is warranted or legit, and I feel like your points against me are silly. Being careful with words isn't a scum tell, it's a careful tell. I fail to really grasp what you're trying to say about "mollifying what you're doing", because I was actually ASKING you a question to discern what you were doing. I asked, is it to do with my meta? If it's not a meta reason, I'm assuming it's just hollow pressure, which brings me back to I think your points are silly and not legit.
Poor Justification of scummy actions

It wasn't intentional if so. I have a history of being A)Not confident in my reads or B)Overly stubborn and hard-headed with them. I was just saying I'm going to try to be neither. This isn't to excuse me from any faults in my play that may come along, so I don't see how I'm leaving a back-door. In this playerlist, I really don't have a player I'm comfortable with reading. But since you seem to know who I can read and who I can't, what was my answer to that question supposed to be?
Poor Meta

Kantrip dead yet?

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually, I'm gonna throw out my own wall to that as I keep looking at it and there's just some things that need to be commented on. Your first paragraph really can be summarized with what you said, but lining up with all your actions lately, it doesn't make sense for you to get defensive and throw in the meta card, you explicitly said you were going to be confident this game. I know I might be beating a Dead Horse here but how is this showing confidence when you rely on past play to justify you own actions? I don't expect this town mindset, and especially not you. I don't want you to get in a fit once the table turns on you because I won't be using it as a tell because you're already trying to set yourself up as Poor Ol' Kantrip.

I don't even understand your second paragraph, you state that J's reasoning is silly and not legitimate, but here you are defending yourself like he has you held at gun point. What's the deal?

Great. That was then. This is now. I'm giving you an ultimatum here if you're town: You will stop wallowing in your past and play this game in the present, if I hear you slip up and start belly aching about yourself, I will tunnel you into the ground.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you think you're being nonchalant?
Not especially, but then I'm trying to push the useful questions out of the gate again, like I did in ERB, rather than intentionally playing like a loon.

No, it doesn't. I feel your explanation for why you would ask J to proxy you is fake, because for you to have a theory on how you would expect him to react, you'd need to have an idea to spark that up.
Why I asked him to proxy his vote isn't the reason for my read;
I'm not trying to explain why I asked him that.
I'm pushing a very slight read out there, based on his reaction, in order to generate content; it's not 'fake', that is how I read his reaction- but there's not a lot to it.

I believe that is what Kary is getting at by no lynching. If we continue to no lynch without there being any kills we can confirm this is the case. You see?
Except if we agree to do this, there's nothing to stop whoever may have a kill from choosing not to use it, so you can't confirm it- though there's a chance it can buy you another Day at no cost.

That's all from me until the game starts. I think we're just waiting on the mac miller. Jary quick lynch is preferred. 70% + on them being scum. Kary > J. I'd be willing to test out a no lynch as well. Bardull raises a red flag. Everyone else can be put aside.
So, my assumption is that you're going to push me like this to get a reaction, because you scumread me off my first post. I respect you for doing that, I think it's cool, but there is a chance it will get on my nerves, I will flip out, and we will hilariously misread one another.

Given this possibility, can you please give me a more constructive answer to this:
I cannot read you/have a history of misreading you, how do I sort this?
I would love to just assume you are town, but that isn't really practical unless you can promise me you'll get night killed.

@Bardull: who's scummiest right now?

#HBC | ѕoup

Nabe, throw me a bone and tell me your read on Kantrip.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hi J. Is Zen just tunneling you to try and get a reaction out of you or is he possible scum? I'd like to know your thoughts because he does every game and I'm sure you've picked up something on it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
100% agreed on Kary/J thus far, not used to agreeing wholeheartedly with Zen but w/e. I feel J over Kary, because I think my Kary scumtells in previous games could really be Kary nulltells and hate of his play in general. But, I agree with Zen's assertion about Kary's posting style. And it's been a while since I've been in a game with J, and I think the last time was Hearts where I wasn't looking for J scumtells, but his timbre feels way shifted from what I expect to be his norms.

@Zen, try a little less reaction play, I'm finding it hard to gauge a couple people.

#HBC | ѕoup

I have an ulterior motive behind that post, that's all I'll say on the matter.

Do so and then tell me what you think.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@ the necro mechanic:

It says "for each dead player in the necro's control, he gets a kill". This seems to mean the necro has to target a dead body every Night to add it to his horde. Could mean not that, who knows, let's assume it does.

Assume necro is sole scum NK, and that necro can kill the same night it targets. 12, lynch to 11, NK to 10, lynch to 9, NK to 7, lynch to 6, NK to 3. If it can't kill the night it targets, 12, 11, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6 which is mylo? If it doesn't have to target bodies, then it's 12, 11, 10, 9, 6 which is mylo/lylo depending on scumteam.

Assume necro is indy kill and that it can kill the same Night it targets. 12, lynch to 11, NK to 9, lynch to 8, NK to 5lylo/PD. If it can't kill the Night it targets, 12, 11, 10, 9, 7, 6lylo. If it doesn't have to target, 12, 11, 9, 8, 4 which is probably PD.

Necro is likely the sole scumkill IMO. Probably with a single partner, who may or may not get a 1-NK if necro dies. And of course none of this accounts for our PRs.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Has anyone checked their role pm or the sample role pm? Let me quote the sample one.:

You are*Town*and you win when the Necromancer’s army of the dead has been stopped
We are going against the necromancer and hisndead army it seems so it would be logical to assume he is all we are dealing with or possibly a team with the necromancer. A NL may7 be a good idea but3 if the fact that they have more than just the realization thing then we could just be letting them have a free NK.

Nabe, what exactly do you agree with Zen on w.r.t. his flippant connection case on me and Kary? You say your J read is stronger but it is only because of the tone I have been using so far but that doesn't, rreally provide much insight to why you are finding me as scum. I agree with you on disliking Karys play fundamentally but what tells do you fell are misconsntruing from being scrum tells inst3ad of just playing normal null tells for Kary. And one final thing then I'll let ya go for now. Right now you are agreeing with Zen so what does that do for your ranmaru read?

Soup, with Zen he will literally lynch me for no good reason just because he likes lynching me. For intents and purposes, his push on me is ccompletely null because he will do it regardless of alignment. (Current examples would be ERB and LoM, one as town and one as scum) What I don't like what Zen is doing is trying to make a connection case from Kary to meandering not really explaining that connection. He is pushing it on the premisery of Kary seeming to try and fake his way tthrough a read on my slot and me 'reading Kary as null because I think Karys play is usually like this where he will fake it till he makes it. Karys response to Zen isn't good but it isn't crummy if that makes any sense at all.

Oh, and just a forwaring to you specifically, Soup. I will be being extra cautious with how you regard me b3cause after my flop of other reading you corr3ctly in Disney purely because we had a similar train of thought and your buddying/whiteknighting of me and I am getting those nerves already in this game because it is following a similar pattern but I am just going to be more wary with how you interact with others and not just myself.

I want to see more of this Name vs. Soup thing that is starting to bud b3cause I feel it would hero in reading both slots.

I have the sinking suspicion that ranmaru is not going to do much in terms of help besides be Zen puppet regardless of either of their aalignments.

Finally with r3grads to Kanty, can anyone verify if what he Is ring Is true because this is leaps and bounds different from the Kanty I used to play with in the past.

Sorry for the misspellings and the like. Trying to type on this tablet is hard.

#HBC | ѕoup

J, could I get a translation to that post once you're on a computer?

Top Bottom