• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness and Ness for doubles advice.

smash64

Smash Champion
not a bad idea it just might work but if you really want to win get snake on your team and you will win xD me and my partner have been to 2 tournaments one in Ohio and one in Indiana and we havent lost a single match! you guys should try it out see how you guys do

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Personally I think NessLucas is a slightly better team. It's normally not a good idea to have a team with two of the same character, that means the characters' flaws are pretty much twofold. >_>

Lucas covers for Ness' subpar ground game. And you're going to need someone who has better recovery options.

But it's understandable if neither of you uses Lucas regularly. NessNess can heal each other with PK Thunder (or Flash if there's enough time). Also, by striking your teammate with PK Thunder you can help the other Ness recover by refreshing his Up B.

Just makes sure you guys cover for each other if one of you happens to get Marthgrabbed.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
people with slow air dodge, you can pkt lock them if you both pk thunder at the correct timing with the tail and the head. Ness Ness can do many things, such as 1ness grabs opponent, other pkt2 or flash or bat, pk fire locks are easier since you both can attack. but if you fight a double meta ur screwed.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If your friend also uses Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Ice Climbers or any character that can refill your health, then go with either of those characters. Each one can refill your health quickly. You'll be able to heal each other anyway. But if you're going to attempt that, have both players off the stage. If you have to deal with one person, refilling your health is a lot easier. In a doubles match, your back throw should be more common since there are two of you.

Also, if you or your friend are unable to return to the stage, you can use your PK Thunder to try and bring them back. Be sure you do this when it's safe, though. If you can get two opponents in between both of you, you can use PK Fire and basically trap them there. They might try and SDI upward, so you can just jump and use PK Fire if needed. This one is situational, but if you're dealing with only one opponent, you can have your friend grab your opponent and up throw them while you're charging PK Flash.

Anyway, I find doubles to be more enjoyable. And if you're dealing with Meta Knight in a doubles, don't worry too much. I think Meta Knight does much better alone than he does in doubles. When in doubt, don't give up. If you're alone at high percent, you can still win.

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
Hmm I see also how big is the window of opportunity for one Ness to fly by and magnet the others uncharged pk flash when one becomes able to do so, and whats the verdict on psi magnet helping stop your partners momentum from a attack?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Whats the verdict on psi magnet helping stop your partners momentum from a attack?
This is really hard to do on reaction, mainly because of how long it takes to jump up, use PSI Magnet, and then release B so that PSI Magnet's wind activates. There's no way you can pull this off fast enough if your teammate is flying across the stage at like 160%. You almost have to do it before hand when you think they're going to go flying.

If this teammate is someone you know and play with often, you guys are gonna need to practice this on your off time. When you can pull this off you'll live to insane percents. :laugh: But until then I wouldn't waste too much time in a serious match trying to go for it.

@ Shaky: BowserNess can trap opponents between Firebreath and PK Fire for stupid fast damage racking, especially against Squirtle because of the whole type-advantage thing. And Bowser has grab release stuff on almost every character in the game, so I'm sure something could be set up from those. Unfortunately I'm still learning about Bowser, and there's like only one I know of where we live, so that's all I can really say at the moment. :dizzy: Grab release to PK Flash? *shrug*

Xyless

Smash Master
Hmm I see also how big is the window of opportunity for one Ness to fly by and magnet the others uncharged pk flash when one becomes able to do so
Flash isn't worth the lag. PK Thunder is the way to go.

Also, Ness + Lucas is an awesome team in doubles.

Uffe

Smash Hero
How did I forget about Mr. Game & Watch? I remember teaming up with a G&W main. The matches were very hilarious. :laugh: I have a replay of that time, too. It's just really cool to watch. So many weird things happened in that video. XD

Uffe

Smash Hero
PK Flash that Bucket! It does like 62% insta-death. I can't remember how powerful his Bucket becomes if you use PK Fire or PK Thunder. I think it's not as strong. I could be wrong. It's been awhile.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
They capped it to 60% use to be god mode pk flash 3 times to a roy counter = 220% damage lol

Uffe

Smash Hero
I forgot you had to hit it three times. I think if you tail-whip it, it gives three instantly to G&W.

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
They capped it to 60% use to be god mode pk flash 3 times to a roy counter = 220% damage lol
Which would then make the game go "BOOM!1!1" anyways, Even if bucket needs three hits it could be feasible to bucket at least one pk flash and a few pk fires or thunders and get a nasty result.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
I forgot you had to hit it three times. I think if you tail-whip it, it gives three instantly to G&W.

sick I'll try that thursday when I double pratice with K.K but untile its tested I'm still gona do ness ditto's at the tourny we're going to unless our g&w+ness is better than our Ness+Ness.makes me wonder tho can he still bucket break with a full bucket?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I don't know if the Bucket Break will work if you have it filled up. You might want to go and ask the Mr. Game & Watch boards for that answer. G&W's Bucket is like Lucas' PSI Magnet, right? I'm sure it is, or PK Flash would be a bad idea. But I can't seem to remember.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
The fastest way to fill the bucket is to have GAW stand overlapping you and you PKT. That gives an instant fill, with really strong kill power.

One thing that's interesting is how in Melee, the damage wasn't capped. Why does it need to if the knockback is so strong? Or was that the tradeoff? Honestly I wouldn't care if it does 1 damage, because its knockback is absurd, and it comes out on like frame 1 or 2.

Also: You cannot bucket brake with a full bucket. You might as well just let yourself die, and then retaliate with the taunt>bucket combo.

@Uffe: What do you mean when you said that the bucket "is like Lucas's PSI magnet", and in what situation is PK Flash a bad idea?

Uffe

Smash Hero
You know when you strike Lucas from behind with a projectile that can be absorbed? You know how he turns around? If you strike G&W from behind, does it still absorb the projectile or no?

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
No auto turnaround, but it matters not where the projectile hits him. It absorbs from a VERY large radius around him, both in front, behind, above, and below. If GAW is standing below Ness on Battlefield (under one of the low platforms) the bucket will pick up a PK Fire by Ness.

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
No auto turnaround, but it matters not where the projectile hits him. It absorbs from a VERY large radius around him, both in front, behind, above, and below. If GAW is standing below Ness on Battlefield (under one of the low platforms) the bucket will pick up a PK Fire by Ness.
I wish psi magnet had that much range >_>.

Uffe

Smash Hero
No point in using it unless you're going to cancel it. You're better off ducking from his lasers or jumping past them.

Thunderbolt333

Smash Apprentice
falco's nose is bigger than ness's head it should throw him off balance he looks like tocan sam with a lazr gun.Rob might be good for teams with is lazer eyes.Rob and ness would be good at stock tanking then.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
My comp is doing stupid stuff, ignore this.

I might as well ask a question, do three absorbed PK thunders mean an instant KO from the bucket?

K.K_Slider

Smash Cadet
If Ness were to say pk thunder 2 and hit a enemys shield on a platform above game and watch and said game and watch would use the shoving hitbox from his U-air could it trigger multiple hits from the pk thunder 2?

Top Bottom