• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness discussion

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Trufax, I tested it just now in Training Mode. Looks like Australia has an inbred effect where we don't have enough diversity in order to evolve.

Good thing we started off as like a Mewtwo that doesn't need to evolve at all since it already *****.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I knew about it all along.

As if you didn't know about it, even back in 07 when I wrote that thesis on smash I included something about Fox's laser like that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Good thing we started off as like a Mewtwo that doesn't need to evolve at all since it already *****.
If we're gonna compare Australia to Pokemon, Australia is definitely a Kangaskhan. Which, incidentally, doesn't evolve.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Nah. We're Mewtwo easily. Kangaskhan may be a kangaroo pokemon but he's not badass enough.

I knew about it all along.

As if you didn't know about it, even back in 07 when I wrote that thesis on smash I included something about Fox's laser like that.
Shame I only started in '09.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Can't believe you're denying a kangaroo as your representative Pokemon. You shame your continent/country.

Mewtwo is so mainstream. Don't be that guy.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
We're an event Feraligatr with Bonemerang.

We can't spell and we're generally inferior to the raging dragon that is Gyarados/*insert country here*.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
WE ARE INFERIOR TO NO ONE.

Edit: Why the hell does SWF convert my all-caps posts to lowercase?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah but you're a ******.

What else can he hit back that I don't know about? Yoshi's eggs? Yoshi's stars from down B? Link's bombs? Link's boomerang?

blaze3927

Smash Ace
kangashkan is evolved from missingno, and we all now khangaskan with sky attack is the ****.

what about the Star thats released when kirby taunts losing a costume?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Just checked on wiki, there are about 650 pokemons now O_o. Where is the 150ish time =(.

Kids must have such a good memory to know them all.

And yes Cheers, you might be the last one.

On topic: Ness is cool, his DJC is cool but his recovery is not cool.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i know up to whatever the last diamond/pearl one is

almost cbf black/white after seeing the name 'serperior', god...

i suck at directing ness' recovery on keyboard

Sangoku

Smash Master
Pokemon's creators are stupid in my opinion. They started well with a good RPG and stuff, but completely missed the next episodes. It was just like some remakes each time adding a ton of new pokemons with no improving. It's too bad the success was so huge that they only cared about the commercial aspect.

Me too, but that's because Ness recovery sucks.

The Star King

Smash Hero
God, no community is more wrapped up in past than the Pokemon community.

I cringe whenever somebody proclaims Gen 1 to be the best, and say it gets progressively worse. Can't you see that your opinion is based of your nostalgia bias?

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
**** started getting gay when bullet punch and stuff came in.

anddddddddddddddddddd I think yoshi is worse than ness now(oh yeah sup yoshi mains).

TANK64

Smash Lord
God, no community is more wrapped up in past than the Pokemon community.

I cringe whenever somebody proclaims Gen 1 to be the best, and say it gets progressively worse. Can't you see that your opinion is based of your nostalgia bias?
I think it got bad when the most original idea is a garbage bag that evolves into a bigger garbage bag.
Either that or it just got really good, and I'm not ready.

anddddddddddddddddddd I think yoshi is worse than ness now(oh yeah sup yoshi mains).
:surprised:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Star King: your argument doesn't make sense, the case of pokemon is only remakes after remakes. Who would like that? Look at any series, final fantasy, zelda or whatever, none of them are as repetitive as they try to incorporate new elements each time. Pokemon was just add 100 new pokemons and redo the same story.

Also what nostalgia lol? Silver/gold came out not so long ago after red/blue, so I don't think most people was already in the "childhood-game-nostalgia" phase. I wasn't at least. Don't try to be anti-conformist, they only wanted to make money out of the kids who don't perceive repetitiveNESS (on topic lolol) as older people do. I don't get why you would assume the reason of a stranger's opinion lol.
Oh and I don't consider myself as being part of the pokémon community as I've never shared any fealings about new pokemon with others.

I like blue Ness but I was once told it was his least good-looking colour =(.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, you're all right and I'm just dumb for not liking new pokemons.

End of the useless argument.

No other opinion about Ness colours?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow.

Star King: your argument doesn't make sense, the case of pokemon is only remakes after remakes. Who would like that? Look at any series, final fantasy, zelda or whatever, none of them are as repetitive as they try to incorporate new elements each time. Pokemon was just add 100 new pokemons and redo the same story.
That's fine, but people don't complain about the series staying the same, they complain about it getting WORSE.

Zelda, not repetitive? LOL

Also what nostalgia lol? Silver/gold came out not so long ago after red/blue, so I don't think most people was already in the "childhood-game-nostalgia" phase.
Erm pretty much nobody complains about Gen II, not sure what your point is. Most of the people saying it got worse after either Gen II or Gen I.

Oh and I don't consider myself as being part of the pokémon community as I've never shared any fealings about new pokemon with others.
Your opinion is extremely common, so this argument applies to the pokemon community anyways.

Okay, you're all right and I'm just dumb for not liking new pokemons.
I don't expect you to like them. I just don't like people saying the Pokemon are getting worse like it's an absolute fact.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Grab>ness....that is all.
obviously this superboom person doesnt know very much about smash. god damned brawl players commenting in the smash64 section

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Is PK Fire powered up after being reflected? I'm just curious.

Also, can Ness's bat reflect PK Fire? No access to emulator atm.
Yes, and yes. Well I think the first hit back is (12% instead of 6, after that I think it does 6% as per norm). Assuming you mean PK fire as neutral B.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Nah, I think Australia should be a charizard. It was so hard to find, and even then, it was only found by accident(well that's the way most places are discovered, i suppose).

Anyway, this is a ness discussion.

*lightbulb*

How about Australia.. As ness? I don't know why, but it seems cool.

Aww man, i really need to get used to going over the page after reading my post.

Ok, well... Hmmm... Well this is awkward

The Star King

Smash Hero
Nah, I think Australia should be a charizard. It was so hard to find, and even then, it was only found by accident(well that's the way most places are discovered, i suppose).
What on earth does that have to do with Charizard? Charizard is "hard to find" and "found by accident"? LOL. Charizard is so mainstream, anyways, just like Mewtwo.

Kangaskhan.

Top Bottom