• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I would love to come up and visit you guys. Let me figure out how far of a drive it would be. If you guys hold a tournament I might be able to get my whole crew to go.

EDIT: Ok well...the drive would be about 8 hours total. Not at all excessive if there is a big tourney. What is the nearest major tournament series?

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
We should get as many Nesses at the MLG Chicago as possible. Even if not all of them are good, then Ness will have strength in numbers and people will have to be like, hey, why is everyone playing Ness? Then BAM yo-yo glitches in every match! That would rock.... I could even bring my girlfriend and you all could bask in her L337 HOT-NESS! :D

ANTX

Smash Ace
word killjoy.

your GF should smack snex up too.

all women hate snex.

nesses unite! MLG!

i just like to pretend i play ness.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I will try and go Matunas...it would be a ton of fun. LonelyNess could probably go, he has a plane, he can get anywhere very fast.

I need to practice my YYG before this happens, get it to a level where I can pull it off on competent opponents.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Lonely has a plane? There is actually a small airport right by my house. I live about an hour and a half from Chicago.

Well I don't know when MLG Chicago is taking place but if we could get a group of Nesses to go that would be sweet.

*agrees* Time to practice.

PS. I wont bug you guys about it all the time but I was nominated for Most Respected n00b. Hope I can get some votes from the Ness community. Thanks.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I will most definatly vote for you Matunas!

We should definatly get as many Ness as we can to go to MLG Chicago, that would be crazy. We could all probably learn a lot for eachother too. My friends always fight people who use their same character (Fox, Ganon, or Sheik...etc.) and then talk about how much they learned from that person.

I never fight any Ness' besides my dork friend (Antx) or see any good Ness players. This would be a new oppritunity.

Nesscon 2005!

dan smith

Smash Champion
Yeeeah...I was pretty 1337 for a moment.

I thought about never posting again but that just wasn't an option. I post too much to do that.

So...now I am simply 1339.

:rolleyes:

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I don't know how much it would cost but I have an idea. If we can actually get a decent amount of people for MLG Chicago do you think we could get some money together? I was kind of thinking we could get Vilness over here. I'm not sure how much it would cost but it'd be awesome to do.

I just read the whole Ness finder thread and he mentioned how he wanted to play with American smashers. What better group than this one?

I can provide housing for probably about 3 people. Gotta talk with the girlfriend about that.

I was just thinking it'd would be great to do and I know he would like it. That is if we could get a hold of him.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I have contact information for VilNess but I don't know how much he is into Smash at the moment. A Ness convention is still cool though...

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Even cooler would be that Ness only tourny that you were talking about originally Dan. I think I might come in like 20th or something, but it would still be fun. I think the midwest would be a good region to have that in. I mean it's kinda right in the middle. Anyway, it couldn't be that hard to set up a tourny. I mean, we would really only need like 1 trophy for the best Ness in the world (USA?). It would be a cool thing to have. Plus we could compete for it every year. That would be kinda fun. Pass the trophy around to the winner. Wow, this would be a good tournie. I'd like to see it happen someday (soon?).

NessExclusively

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to see that there are other ness players out there. All of my friends say that ness sucks, until i'm kicking there butts. I like the idea of an all ness tournament but i'm only 14 so i'd never be able to get there so unfortunately i'd never be able to test my skills

Facts about me:
People I play w/ in SSBM: Just look at my name

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hmm...lack of mobility stinks. Maybe we can make this tourney into like a travelling event. All the Ness' that are able to move around can get in my car and we can go to all the other Ness players. Ok...maybe that isn't exactly a plausible concept.

It's just frustrating when "parents" stand in the way of things which are more important then they could ever undertstand.

A Ness only tournament would get so much attention from the Smash Community, they would notice our numbers and fear our unity. We would be an army and they would be cobbelstones on our road to victory!

Ok...maybe I am just being a little dramatic...

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Too dramatic my butt....if there weren't a few ppl being dramatic like you and I the rest of the players would be like "meh"

For myself....its not really a parents problem....its that I can't unless it costed $0 and someone gave me transportation

because im saving my money...and i dont have a license...and i cant get one

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Tell ya what. I have a place here in Illinois that would be perfect to hold the tourny. The only problem I have is that I'm going to start working out of state in about a week. I'll be traveling a good amount and I wont always know in advance when I'll be home/available. If we can get this organized I will hold the tournament. I'm willing to pitch in to get Vilness here, that is if he is willing and able. I'm just going to need to know when we would plan on doing this so I could request days off far enough in advance.

Maybe I should make a thread dedicated to this. (don't want to completely taint the Ness Finder thread)

dan smith

Smash Champion
A very happy welcome to you Todd!

We don't have any other Ness' located in England...how exotic. Who do you play with usually? Have you ever been to a big European tournament?

I hope you post on these boards often! Ness does indeed "Rule".

:chuckle:

EDIT: Matunas, you should indeed make a new thread for the Ness-con. Either in this forum or maybe on the tournament board? I think having it in here would be better. Super cool man.

todd2good

Smash Rookie
Ness

When ever i play Smash Bros Melee, i am mostly Ness, and my other characters i am ok with is Mario, Yoshi, Link and Gannondorf.

I think i have mastered the yo yo glitch without my opponents figuring out how to do it. The attack i usually use is the Smash up, left and right. And up and b sometimes for long range, sneaky attacks which aggrevate my opponents.

By the way, has any one seen the link air bomb glitch and the glitch that kills mr game and watch instantly?

Thanks

dan smith

Smash Champion
I am not sure I understand what you mean about the Glitch...

There is a whole big thread about different glitches in the Melee Discussion room though.

Taxi

Smash Cadet
Add me to the ranks of Ness players. I think everyone should have at least one mid to bottom tier character as their main. I like my Ness Taxi Yellow:)

Taxi

Smash Cadet
I live in New Jersey about an hour away from Philadelphia. I am going to the Team Loss No Continues tourney. Not sure if I will rep mostly with Ness or not. I use Ness with some of my problem characters. For instance, if it is a match-up that I am unfamiliar with, I would probably stick with Ness. His game is so elegantly simple I dont have to worry as much about character adjustments. Marth, Samus, Fox (varies with opponent) are the ones that I might have to switch out for. Surpisingly enough, I can fight Sheik pretty fairly. Well, that is unless that person is an excellent chain-thrower and I screw up horribly with diing. Anyway, I would love a chance to meet some of you guys and maybe get a ditto. I have a car so, perhaps I could become involved with this Ness reunion. Ness is definitely one of my favs and possibly most enjoyable to play. Nothing does it for me quite like an evening of shffled fairs:)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Okay ppl....MLG SF singles are done!!!

I was eliminated by Ken in prelims O_O

stupid seatings...

anyway...after i finish my money match with HugS(best 2of3;Match one to me Ness vs. Samus; Match two to HugS Ness vs. Jigglypuff) I'm gonna do the bowser challenge...i'll post more on that later

dan smith

Smash Champion
If he uses Jigglypuff again you are in trouble...

Ness is fairly good at the BC.

I wish I could be there...:cry:

Any Ness players going to MLG Houston?

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
ill be at MLG houston

i dont find jpuff to be too hard of a match up(peach's castle is a nice counter to take her). I find samus vs ness to be pretty even. samus has range but ness has alot of combos on her

Taxi

Smash Cadet
Hey, if u got some tips against Samus or any of three I have problems with tell me. I know Marth is a bad match for Ness. Fox, I use up tilts and up airs etc, but a really technical and fast fox can lock you down.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I don't really have any problems with Samus or Fox. Marth is just hard...but you can get around that.

Fox though, keep your distance. Control the spacing with Fairs. Juggling isn't that important...I would say the most brutal tactics you have are edgeguarding techniques. If you have enough preparation you can keep Fox of stage.

Samus? Avoid the projectiles...and hit with as many aerials as you can. She can indeed be combo'd a great deal. Rack up the damage and then Bair her to oblivion.

Sintenal: Who are you going to play at MLG? I know you play lots of characters, who are you best with? We should do some friendlies.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
I will probably play Luigi, falco, and ness if like the match up(like doc on Mute ^^)

but im up for some friendlies

though in low tier teams me and changsta are doin double kirby. though i may use ness if we need to counter

dan smith

Smash Champion
Not to go against low tiers here...but if you play Falco...what matchups would you use Ness for? What character would Ness do better against than Falco? It seems like few to me.

And even those you could pull out Luigi. I think it's cool you use one character from each third of the tiers though.

I have thought about playing Luigi before. Tons of fun.

Taxi

Smash Cadet
Meh, I only played against Samus once, and I was crushed. It could have been the fact that I never fought a good Samus before. It is ood, because usually my Ness handles fine with unfamiliar match-ups. Anyway, good luck Sintenal at Mlg Houston.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Ness is an easy target for missiles I guess.

Sintenal: Sorry...I guess I won't be going to MLG Houston afterall. I have the SATs that day. Oh well! I will still hopefully be going to Gettin' School'd: Second Semester.

You should go to that too....

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Ok so here is the story....i returned to MLG SF on sunday. The day before, I was told the low-tier tournament starts at 2pm. I admit I showed up a bit late, but when I got there at 2:15 the whole thing was over. As it turns out, the tournament started early and so I didn't even get to play it:( .

HugS wasn't there....he says his car broke down, so we couldn't finish the match...and no bowser challenge!!! *cries*

D1

Banned via Administration
*raises hand*

I'm a Ness player too! Thanks to Simna ibn Sind's Ness vid I realized its time I return to my Ness training.

Lately I've been hardcoring it w/ Fox since his shine is so godly...and doin a lil Mario here and there.

I live at Brooklyn, NY. Lately been goin to the DA tournies in Manhattan to step my game up. When I have enough confidence I'll bring out Ness instead of my Fox to see how far I can go in a tourney w/ him.

dan smith

Smash Champion
That's a sad story Simna...sorry...

D1: Welcome. It's good to know Simna's vid makes people want to play Ness. After showing the YYG to people they often say similar things.

Is the number of Ness players growing? Or are they just finally coming out of the woodwork?

Top Bottom