• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

Levitas

the moon
I'm not putting the unlocking Ness thing up simply because they don't show us much about how Ness will play. The other 2 are going up right now, and the one clinton posted was already up, so that's that.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ness's running attack has less range, but it's much better than it was in Melee!

I still hate that wimpy tapping sound the bat makes when it connects though. -_-

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Still much better than slapping someone around with a stick. Ness supports patriotism.
Well there you have it! Ness's baseball bat was American, so they got rid of the Japanese "KACHIII" sound and gave it to Lucas.

Because in Japan, they play STICKBALL with Bill Cosby.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Nice videos, thanks for the awesome thread. It's really starting to look like Ness will be a higher tier than he was in Melee.

Levitas

the moon
I'm gonna go ahead and name these by the matchup and uploader sometime today so that it'll be much easier to find exactly which vid you're looking for. Also, the diddy vs. Ness is on the front page. Quite the intense match, although the uploading/recording process may have sped it up if only a little due to reduced frame count. Or call me a moron. Whatever, because I know how fast Melee is.
Edit: I watched again, and it was just buffering issues. No speedup or whatnot, just plain old computer skipping around because it didn't buffer fast.

N.OW

Smash Journeyman
Great video i found just now ! Shows alot of nesses moves. Ness looks amazing and pkthunder got way better :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdhGaThqYs

The video also shows lucas and the difference in there pkthunders. While lucases pkthunder can go through enemies, his pkthunder2 is really ****ty. I think it only does 11 damage and has really bad knockback

Levitas

the moon
I just added that one. Every vs match is now organized and listed by who's playing, so you can see exactly how many people don't bother labelling their vids by who's playing. In any event, I plan to remove the vids vs. cpus after we get sufficient videos of people, but as you can see, we haven't reached that point yet. Keep the vids coming guys!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
lucas pkthunder2 is really ****ty. I think it only does 11 damage and has really bad knockback
No, Lucas's PK thunder hits multiple times. That is, if you hit with the start of the move it can do up to 30% if everything lands. But yes, it doesn't have very good KO power.

Chommo

Smash Rookie
This is probably the best gameplay vid I've seen yet of him, Link vs. Ness 1v1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DjsB4s5UprQ

Some things I noticed:
@0:38 - It looks like Ness' bat out reaches links sword
@1:26 - Sword attacks still cancel out PK Thunder, but at least there is some feedback from it XD
@1:44 - Not really Ness specific, but grabbing link didn't stop foward momentum
@2:26 - Uncharged bat did 25 damage, if my memory serves that seems stronger

I had to laugh at PK Thunder 2 being used so much to KO

No DJC looks awsome
Other things worth mentioning that diddn't make it onto my videos:
The PK Flash while smaller in size, can be much more potent than last time, which is hard to imagine, but with the right timing you can really end a match fast.
On a sadder note, his Bair has been toned down a notch, most notably in knockback. It's still pretty good for a KO near the edge, but it's not quite as helpful as it was in Melee.

And on a side note, PK Thunder 2 is no laughing matter. Its also worth mentioning that all around, this Ness is a death machine compared to the Ness we knew in Melee. I'm so exited for Wi-Fi. <3

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
good post simna. i watched the vid. alot of good things there. im actually pretty impressed with ness. i think he'll hold his own this one. if not, def make top tier if that makes any sense lol!

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this guy posts a video impression of Ness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOdhGaThqYs
(3:11>5:34)
I really needed a video like this to analyze Ness. He is totally awesome this time. It is my main on Melee. In Brawl he is going to kick some major ***. He has been all fixed. Pk thunder, yoyo attacks, pk fire, pk flash, speed. I could finally see down yoyo, and it is so fixed!! Also, here I noticed that Ness electrocutes while controlling pk thunder, that's totally awesome!!! Ness mainers will be a force to be reckoned. The rise of the low tiers!!

Levitas

the moon
Nice find. It's up on the first post now. I really wish people used tags or labelled their vids so I didn't have to type "Unknown vs unknown" all the time.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the vids, nice to see some nice ones starting to come out. Just an idea, but you might want to star some of the better ones or recommend certain vids so people don't have to watch every single one if they're looking for a specific thing. But then again, you don't have to :p

Levitas

the moon
Sounds good to me. I went under the assumption that the better vids would be people with tags and the worse ones would be ones with cpus, but I'll look into furthur subdivision by skill shown.

Arcade

Smash Ace
One thing I'd like to suggest is that you put the headers ("Singles", "Demonstrational Videos", etc) in a larger and/or colored font so it's easier to navigate.

Levitas

the moon
Ok, got the last one, but at this point, I'm gonna ask for no more vids of Ness as a cpu. It's not going to teach us anything new anymore. I'm also adding the no more cpu thing to the first post. In any event good work. I was getting suspicious, since there hasn't been any new vids in a couple of days, lol.

Levitas

the moon
Checking it out now.

Edit: looks interesting. I wonder how far to the side the PK flash can go, or if that was its limit. It's going on page 1 now.

Levitas

the moon
Um, yeah, it's in brawl #2. Also, I live in the same dorm as the guy that made a bunch of them, including mine. In fact, he's done both my sigs, and my current avatar, lol.

Top Bottom