• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Lucas the final battle!!!

NNID
MasterHavik
This might have been talked about before, but I just need to know who better? Is it the pro Ness or newb Lucas? I mean not character wise, but overall from design, moveset, final smashs, and etc. I not trying to be off topic, but I just want to know. We are going ot vote who better. It will last for 3 days, so let see what happen, ok?

My vote is for Ness cause he has the PK thunder kill.

Ness-1

Lucas-0

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I vote Lucas

1) He is one of my mains
2) He was really easy to pick up for me
3) His recovery is not so easy to gimp
4) Lucas is a twin :p

timandcarl

Smash Cadet
Lucas. He is better than Ness, although it may be arguably easier to set up combos with Ness depending on how you see it. When Ness hits people, he doesn't knock them back far enough, so he hardly gets any breathing room, not to mention his list of killing blow moves is rather small--while Lucas has a myriad of moves that can be killing blows, including his F-air and U-smash. Lucas's PK thunder can also be used as a harassment tool unlike Ness's, because it doesn't disappear on first contact. This also makes it much easier for Lucas to recover without being interrupted. While Lucas's throws are horrible, the bonus of his snake is that he can latch onto ledges with it much like Link or Samus, giving him an extra reach over Ness. His PK fire also does not go at an angle to the ground when you are in the air.

Ness does not have very many redeeming qualities that make him better over Lucas. And I say this with all respect intended, because I love the earthbound series and I especially love Mother 2.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is the real better player if you want to look at it statistically. He is a higher tier and is far superior to ness if the person plays perfect. I don't know why you care about final smashes seeing how there just a cheep item but there both the same so it doesn't matter anyway. Lucas' pk freeze is better than Ness' pk pulse and his pk fire is better and he has the super jump and his throws are really powerful and his fsmash is faster and his up smash is a really good finisher and his back air spikes people and his fair is a killer and fast at the same time. So I overule all your votes and say Lucas is better in every way. Lucas-100000 Ness-0. LMAO. jk

Zindura

Smash Cadet
I vote Lucas.

He's a more developed character in the Mother series than Ness.

He's a more adept PK user, and his moves in Brawl are more visually pleasing than Ness's.

Wait, I forgot the most important reason. His hair is top tier.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Who cares that his moves dont knock back as much as Lucas? Thats perfect for combo-ing. Pk Fire going at angles isnt that big of a problem because of Pk Jumpin. Plus, I think its effect is much better when landed.

PK Thunder has it's uses in juggling, and it can score multi hits; just tail whip it and don't hit with the head of the PKT.

Ness' Pk Thunder 2 is superior.
Killing at 40% is always nice.

overall, it comes down to preferance.
You're obviously going to get a lot more Lucas votes in their sction, and the Ness section is pretty sick and tired of people constantly comparing the two.
So am I.

I vote Ness, but it hardly matters as this doesn't help the community much.

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet
I think Lucas is easier to pick up. His PK-Thunder Recovery is easier to manage than Ness's. Lucas also has strong bounce back moves and his spikes aren't hit or miss (I'm specifically referring to Lucas's Dair against Ness's Dair)

+1 Lucas

NNID
MasterHavik
Well, I want to hear both side state there thoguhts. you Ness palyers should try to have fun with thisalso. I don't see any of the Lucas palyers complaining about this topic.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Who cares that his moves dont knock back as much as Lucas? Thats perfect for combo-ing. Pk Fire going at angles isnt that big of a problem because of Pk Jumpin. Plus, I think its effect is much better when landed.

PK Thunder has it's uses in juggling, and it can score multi hits; just tail whip it and don't hit with the head of the PKT.

Ness' Pk Thunder 2 is superior.
Killing at 40% is always nice.

overall, it comes down to preferance.
You're obviously going to get a lot more Lucas votes in their sction, and the Ness section is pretty sick and tired of people constantly comparing the two.
So am I.

I vote Ness, but it hardly matters as this doesn't help the community much.
It easy to say, yea I can combo when your not trying to ko someone. Comboing<KO ability. Besides, lucas has combos too. Pk fire to pk freeze, nair to a tilt, PKT1 to PKT2 just too name a few. PKT2 is easier to get multiple kills in FFA matches since it doesn't stop after one hit.

P.S. I'm sick and tired of ppl calling my main gay, but we're both gonna have to deal with it. Oh yea, I vote for Lucas:).

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is the real better player if you want to look at it statistically. He is a higher tier and is far superior to ness if the person plays perfect. I don't know why you care about final smashes seeing how there just a cheep item but there both the same so it doesn't matter anyway. Lucas' pk freeze is better than Ness' pk pulse and his pk fire is better and he has the super jump and his throws are really powerful and his fsmash is faster and his up smash is a really good finisher and his back air spikes people and his fair is a killer and fast at the same time. So I overule all your votes and say Lucas is better in every way. Lucas-100000 Ness-0. LMAO. jk
1. fail, ness has no attack called "pk pulse", where the hell did that come from?
2. ness and lucas are the same tier, considering there are only 2 japanese tiers, mid and high because of all the infinite air/ground dodging, in other words, tires dun exits
3. ness' pk fire is so much more superior to lucas' that its not even funny, it can bring heavier characters from 0 to 80% in seconds, and double sided pk fire with 2 ness' is in escapable in team battles
4. ness has FAR stronger throws, in fact his back throw is 1.5x better than any of lucas' throws
5. no fail, their Fsmashes are the same speed, except lucas' has more lag after it hits, so its far more punishable, and 9% weaker might i add
6. no one finishes with an upsmash, and anyone caught in it is an idiot
7. so? ness' down air spikes
8. half of ness' attacks are kill moves, lucas only has his down/up smash, which are both punishable and slow as garbage
9. ness' pk thunder 2 kills at 60%
10. ness is actually better than lucas if they fight each other 1on1
11. ness' pkthunder is more gimpable, this is the only reason why he is considered worse, because the opponent always jumps out to get in the way
12. they both have an equal amount of good match ups
13. lucas is a *****, claus is who you should play

vote for ness and 1 negitive vote for lucas because this guy is a nub, ty mr thread starter

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
It easy to say, yea I can combo when your not trying to ko someone. Comboing<KO ability. Besides, lucas has combos too. Pk fire to pk freeze, nair to a tilt, PKT1 to PKT2 just too name a few. PKT2 is easier to get multiple kills in FFA matches since it doesn't stop after one hit.

P.S. I'm sick and tired of ppl calling my main gay, but we're both gonna have to deal with it. Oh yea, I vote for Lucas:).
marth isnt gay hes feminine because hes a prince or something isnt he?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
1. fail, ness has no attack called "pk pulse", where the hell did that come from?
2. ness and lucas are the same tier, considering there are only 2 japanese tiers, mid and high because of all the infinite air/ground dodging, in other words, tires dun exits
3. ness' pk fire is so much more superior to lucas' that its not even funny, it can bring heavier characters from 0 to 80% in seconds, and double sided pk fire with 2 ness' is in escapable in team battles
4. ness has FAR stronger throws, in fact his back throw is 1.5x better than any of lucas' throws
5. no fail, their Fsmashes are the same speed, except lucas' has more lag after it hits, so its far more punishable, and 9% weaker might i add
8. half of ness' attacks are kill moves, lucas only has his down/up smash, which are both punishable and slow as garbage
11. ness' pkthunder is more gimpable, this is the only reason why he is considered worse, because the opponent always jumps out to get in the way

vote for ness and 1 negitive vote for lucas because this guy is a nub, ty mr thread starter
This is made of so much fail it's hard to read.

And please, learn how to edit your posts.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator

First, the moves that matter have easy times comboing. That doesn't mean that all Ness' moves have little knockback; He has a good deal of reliable kill moves, too. As mentioned, PKT2 kills at 40%. Thats like a mobile falcon punch. His bat kills sweetspotted rather nicely, his Uair can pull some kills off the top, his Bthrow is ridiculous, Dair spike is about the best spike in the game (great power and mobility because you can use it during your second jump, though someone like Falco's spike will see more use), and PKT can kill in a sudden death scenario. Ness spike is waaaay better than Lucas'.

Ok, and PK Fire to PK Freeze? Who the hell is going to get hit by a PK Freeze?
And Ness can lead into his PKT2 with PKT, but it's very situational.
I see Ness as being able to utilize the PKT mindgames better.

You're hardly ever going to get kills with Lucas' PKT2, until much higher percents. They're likely to never see that high of percents because it's a FFA; kill stealing is very likely.
Ness' is much better in this case, and it doesn't stop after hitting one person. It goes through multiple. On the topic of FFA, Ness' operates better overall in this because he's geared toward close combat, opposed to proper spacing.

I actually see Ness' Usmash as a better utility move than Lucas' as a killing move.

I'm not saying Lucas is bad. He's got a lot of good things about him, but he isn't Ness' superior. They're equal overall.

Lucas and Ness are awesome.
****ing awesome.

and I don't even main either ;D

SkYHiGh

Smash Cadet

this has nothing to do with actual character skills. This is just opinion.

"Ness is actually better than Lucas if they fight each other 1on1" -- Oh rly?
"Lucas is a *****, claus is who you should play" -- Oh rly?
"No one finishes with an upsmash, and anyone caught in it is an idiot" -- There are many.
"so? Ness' down air spikes" -- Yah but if you miss you deal no damage & are vulnerable.
"Ness has far stronger throws" Yah but Lucas' combo's are better. You can't PK Pulse after a dthrow and combo with an nair after your opponent is frozen, because Ness can't freeze with Pulse.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
this has nothing to do with actual character skills. This is just opinion.

"Ness is actually better than Lucas if they fight each other 1on1" -- Oh rly?
"Lucas is a *****, claus is who you should play" -- Oh rly?
"No one finishes with an upsmash, and anyone caught in it is an idiot" -- There are many.
"so? Ness' down air spikes" -- Yah but if you miss you deal no damage & are vulnerable.
"Ness has far stronger throws" Yah but Lucas' combo's are better. You can't PK Pulse after a dthrow and combo with an nair after your opponent is frozen, because Ness can't freeze with Pulse.
PK PULSE IS NOT A ****ING ATTACK, IT'S PK FLASH
lucas combos better? slightly, but ness kills FAR easier, his backthrow is ridiculous and his running grab is one of the best grabs in the game, compared to lucas's extremely punishable one
i far more often than not find trouble killing with lucas
not to mention pk flash is an amazing edge guard, u hit with that thing and it hits them like a nuke, instakill
btw to the guy who said im made of fail, well lol you didnt prove me wrong and everything i said was fact... so... yeah

one last thing, id like to mention that ness's fair is one of the best approaches ever, lucas has a somewhat bad approach by comparison
hell if he didnt have his spacing, he'd suck ****
this coming from a guy who mains claus/ness

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
PK PULSE IS NOT A ****ING ATTACK, IT'S PK FLASH
Wow, thank you SO MUCH for correcting us all on such an important issue. [/sarcasm]

Aggression said:
btw to the guy who said im made of fail, well lol you didnt prove me wrong and everything i said was fact... so... yeah
lmao

Whatever you say kid.

Ryazan

Smash Ace

What are you, five? Seriously, man...lighten up

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I love how pointless and overdiscussed threads like this get more attention than ones that actually help you become a better player. It gives you a nice snapshot of just how many noobs have flocked to the Brawl boards.

PsiStomp

Smash Rookie
heres a list of advantages and disadvantages:
ness:
*pk fire is extremely annoying and can be comboed(1)
*has easier kills(2)
*cant edge guarde wit pk thunder(1)
*he can own with his spike. perfect timing use at same time of 2nd jump and it activates right at the top.(3)
*slower and worse recovery(2)
*no tether(1)
*can inflict Massive dmge(2)AWSOME throws(3)
Lucas
*makes tons of shocking sounds annoying the opponents
*can edge guard wit pk thunder(1)
*freeze only helps at below 30%(0)
*can tether
*better recovery(1)
*pk thunder can own(2)
*can zap jump
* can wave bounce
*can SPAM his pk thunder(3)
*his pk fire isnt as annoying (2)
*better in high %s (3)

PsiStomp

Smash Rookie
OH btw their like... the same overall.
and ive been maining ness since melee (couldnt get in first -_-)

BbqCombo

Smash Apprentice
way to overpost :p

Im voting Ness cuz his arial game is extremely developped.

Top Bottom