• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Lucas

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
I'd vote ness because I'm better with ness. If your better with lucas good 4 you. Seriously though it depends on playstyle

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I just don't like Lucas, he isn't my kind of character. And because of this I thought Lucas sucked. But in reality Lucas isn't too bad, he is just underused and underrated, just like Ness.

I'd use him if I could, but in order for me to play a character I have to be able to connect with their playstyle and be able to use them. I can do this with Ness, not Lucas. That's how I am good with Ness and Jigglypuff in all the games, I feel comfortable using their playstyles and in the end I play well.

BSP

Smash Legend
i'm gonna say ness is a little better. His air game trumps Lucas', and his ground game is decent too(Lucas' is a little better). As far as specials go, i say ness wins in that department too. His pk fire has a lot of follow up options, and can be spammed too(full jump to pk fire and then an immediate jump cancels the landing lag). Ness' pk thunder is better for jugglling, his PKT2 is a lot stronger. I think pk flash and freeze even each other out. Flash is a lot stronger but slower, while freeze is faster but weaker. Both are kinda hard to land, IMO. The only special Lucas has that's better is psi magnet, only because it heals more and has some other uses(attack, recover).

Speaking of recovery, Lucas obviously wins. He can zap-jump, magnet pull, tether, and PKT2.(tell me if i missed one). Ness has a longer second jump, or he can do the PK jump, but his only other option is PKT2. Lucas' PKT2 goes farther, but Ness' is still good for recovery. Even though Lucas' thunder goes through people, if it is ATTACKED, it still fizzles out just like ness', so IMO lucas' passing though advantage is gone. I think thats it for recovery.

So in the end, the score is Ness: 2 and lucas: 2, so they look about even. But I still think ness is a little better.

Chuee

Smash Hero
i'm gonna say ness is a little better. His air game trumps Lucas', and his ground game is decent too(Lucas' is a little better). As far as specials go, i say ness wins in that department too. His pk fire has a lot of follow up options, and can be spammed too(full jump to pk fire and then an immediate jump cancels the landing lag). Ness' pk thunder is better for jugglling, his PKT2 is a lot stronger. I think pk flash and freeze even each other out. Flash is a lot stronger but slower, while freeze is faster but weaker. Both are kinda hard to land, IMO. The only special Lucas has that's better is psi magnet, only because it heals more and has some other uses(attack, recover).

Speaking of recovery, Lucas obviously wins. He can zap-jump, magnet pull, tether, and PKT2.(tell me if i missed one). Ness has a longer second jump, or he can do the PK jump, but his only other option is PKT2. Lucas' PKT2 goes farther, but Ness' is still good for recovery. Even though Lucas' thunder goes through people, if it is ATTACKED, it still fizzles out just like ness', so IMO lucas' passing though advantage is gone. I think thats it for recovery.

So in the end, the score is Ness: 2 and lucas: 2, so they look about even. But I still think ness is a little better.
Ness is a bit better, your right.
Lucas' ground game is more than a bit better than Ness'.
Lucas' PKF is better than Ness', for spacing and camping.
Ok but lucas' PKT is better for gimping and his PKT2 is better for recovering.
PK magnet is a pretty bad attack.
Recovery:
Obviously lucas wins.
Ness' double jump is bigger than Lucas'? I always thought they were the same.
True, but ness' fizzles out if it hits an opponent.

Matchupwise.
This matchup is reeeeeaaaaaalllly confusing. Ness and lucas are almost complete opposites. An area where one excels in, the other usually does worse.
Aerial priority
Ground game
Grabs
Recovery
Killing

Id say the matchup is probably 50-50 or 55-45 Ness' favor where his advantage comes from being able to magnet our PKF and PKT.

Top Bottom