• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive been watching livestream and he's going ness. He CP'd MK one time for a bad stage, but other than that it's been straight ness.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Hey dajay.... I can't go to EoL either; my grandPa's 80th birthday is on that day, and missing it makes me look like an ***.

Late february maybe? I don't think so, because I'd end up angering my bosses a ton if I took off so many days in a row.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yeah, i heard he went MK against Rich Browns Oli. However i heard the exact opposite as well like Chuee said. He has always gone both so i wouldn't be surprised if he used both. However, there is no way he would do the ditto with M2K. Definitely will see Ness there.
No he went Ness vs Rich Brown.

And he ***** him.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Apparently M2K ***** him in WF. Dunno if FOW used Ness against Larry (I remember him switching for that MU a long time ago).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I really wanna see FOW's new gameplay.

If he got to WFs, that must mean he made some major changes.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haha, seems this thread is shocked like the others by FOW's performance @ WGF. I told you all that he was possibly 2nd best Ness. Other character's or not he's def. a top 3 Ness player. He didn't just start doing this either. It happened a lot in 08. He was taking names on WC.(Even though we all know WC is horrible @ any MU under B tier lol) He didn't like retire or take a break, he just couldn't afford to make it to Cali tourney's like every other week lol. Also, I watched the set he went ALL Ness on RB and ***** him. And guess what I still think Oli vs Ness is 70:30 Oli. RB challanged FOW in the air and doubted his own shield when on the ground. FOW ***** him because of it period.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
It's surprising since he quit Ness for MK a long time ago, except he used Ness in dubs only.
He must've started using Ness again in singles recently...

Also you forget Miles that not everybody here was around during late 08/early 09 when FOW was reppin' Ness.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I was....

I thought that he was good at the time, but his results and credibility as a ness main teetered/petered out as time went on.

What makes him so much better than Vice or Smash64 or Shaky, even? I just wanna know. I've had my own playstyle, which involves a ton of quirky aspects, but I've been looking for a minor break-through in some of his basics. Prime bair-spacing was the only thing I thought could help my game, but WHAT ELSE DOES HE DO THAT MAKES HIM PERFORM SO WELL?!?!?!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haha, Eagle. I can see your frustration.

Note: The WC is pretty horrid against mid-low tiers.

However no credit taken from FOW. He's an excellent player and uses Ness when it's needed. That's why he has the chance to rep him hard. He doesn't let some D3 that could easily just like CG him and win the set happen. He'll pick 1 of his better characters so he can put himself in a good place to rep Ness even more and he showed that perfectly @ WGF.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
And he only used MK in doubles recently. Really Eagleye i think i comes down just to being a smarter player. Making better decisions and having spot on spacing. That is what really separates the good players from the greats. Mainly the mental aspect

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah I watched WF and LF, I was a little frustrated when he was playing against Larry, but he did a good job getting up there nonetheless.

And yeah @ miles, WC really doesn't handle anything past B tier well haha.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
If It's all a mental game....

I'VE GOTTA GET TO TOURNEYS!!!! FREAKING WHY DO I WORK ON SATURDAYS?!?!?!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Kain would just straight up **** WC, dat Wolf too good. ;3

Also perfecting your control of the game is an underlooked part of Brawl. Most people pick up control over time, but the better you learn buffering and constant movement in Brawl the better your overall performance will be. This shows more in Melee since Brawl lacks the large amount of movement options compared to Melee and because of stricter timing that Melee has over Brawl (don't take buffering for granted).

Chuee

Smash Hero
I don't think it's particularly WC that has these problems.
Lower characters can be scary if you don't know what to do in the MU

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Maybe I'll just make the presents, and give them at some random date to make a new date. "Presents day".

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I agree tofer lol.

It's Richter Abend, Dajay. :3

EDIT: Edited the poll to be fun, hope you guys like it.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Kain would just straight up **** WC, dat Wolf too good. ;3

Also perfecting your control of the game is an underlooked part of Brawl. Most people pick up control over time, but the better you learn buffering and constant movement in Brawl the better your overall performance will be. This shows more in Melee since Brawl lacks the large amount of movement options compared to Melee and because of stricter timing that Melee has over Brawl (don't take buffering for granted).
I'm the buffer king.... also, every movement is fluid....

Uffe

Smash Hero
Eww, furries... :(
You have no idea how many of them I've met in San Jose. They're pretty cool people. Anyway, sorry I haven't been around lately, guys. I've been busy with my computer tech class and I'm currently looking for an internship which is a pain in the butt! :urg: I miss all of you guys and gals!

Top Bottom