• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NEW AT VIDEO] Getting our hands on Smash4 build/demo [...]

Butt Luckily

Smash Rookie
But the secondary sites can still collect the information from your site and take it back to theirs, so I don't see the important distinction. To me, it still looks identical to any other hype-build used to bring attention to themselves.

However, I won't pretend to know the pressures and inner-workings of your community over there, and I hope it didn't come off as an attack on you directly.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
We did? When? Where? 0.0
Yesterday and the day before at Oz Comic Con.

More Sonic details please! He wasn't in the tournament, but from playing him a bit at BB I feel like he's got great potential.
Just like Brawl if he gets the Final Smash then Sonic just wins for free. Just as OP as before. Though Zero Suit Samus easily has the new OP Final Smash.

But yeah Sonic is improved drastically. It's a bit more difficult to tell if he's using homing attack or just spinning so that's a nice touch that makes the attack more reliable(though it is still kinda slow). Multi hit attacks in Smash 4 have been buffed so a lot of Sonic is buffed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday and the day before at Oz Comic Con.

Just like Brawl if he gets the Final Smash then Sonic just wins for free. Just as OP as before. Though Zero Suit Samus easily has the new OP Final Smash.

But yeah Sonic is improved drastically. It's a bit more difficult to tell if he's using homing attack or just spinning so that's a nice touch that makes the attack more reliable(though it is still kinda slow). Multi hit attacks in Smash 4 have been buffed so a lot of Sonic is buffed as well.
Yeah I agree. Sonic did get some buffs and a couple nerfs. But sadly he still is a "hit and run" type character, which does not work well for Smash. I kinda wished they buffed his smash attacks and made him a bit more powerful. But oh well.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
But the secondary sites can still collect the information from your site and take it back to theirs, so I don't see the important distinction. To me, it still looks identical to any other hype-build used to bring attention to themselves.

However, I won't pretend to know the pressures and inner-workings of your community over there, and I hope it didn't come off as an attack on you directly.
True, but they'd need to quote our source in that case. Plus it's not that simple, there are a lot of other factors at play, it would take an entire thread to discuss the situation here.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All I can say, try and enjoy your game as your own way.

You can do as people ask, see every single assist trophie or put Random box to see is Ganondorf can really appear. But you decided for that ok.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
That's exacly how a bunch of people here feels...
Well just waiting for the video. Hope all this "hype" get's payed off.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Videos are uploading.

As I explained before: we are fixing first (graphics and such) of our new youtube channel. It was taking quite some time as we mostly have little time on our hands and I assure you that Loci_AF is doing the best he can to upload them asap.

Apart from everything else i explained in other posts here in this thread, there are a couple of other reasons to why we take our time to do publish some of this stuff (one of the reasons being me working out of my region and going home only 1/2 days a week if i'm lucky).

So guys, be patient, rest assured we are doing the best we can to work on it with the little time we have on our hands.

edit: no, nobody else could take the vids and upload them as it was a press event and only two of us were invited

Last edited:

Malex

Smash Apprentice
Videos are uploading.

As I explained before: we are fixing first (graphics and such) of our new youtube channel. It was taking quite some time as we mostly have little time on our hands and I assure you that Loci_AF is doing the best he can to upload them asap.

Apart from everything else i explained in other posts here in this thread, there are a couple of other reasons to why we take our time to do publish some of this stuff (one of the reasons being me working out of my region and going home only 1/2 days a week if i'm lucky).

So guys, be patient, rest assured we are doing the best we can to work on it with the little time we have on our hands.
You are dealing with rabid smash fanboys. If you provided video evidence of Gematsu + Hype 3, it would not be enough.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Videos are uploading.

edit: no, nobody else could take the vids and upload them as it was a press event and only two of us were invited
Wouldn't it have been easier to post this thread then once you had your YouTube page and vids up instead of keeping people waiting?

Malex

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't it have been easier to post this thread then once you had your YouTube page and vids up instead of keeping people waiting?
The original topic of this thread was to ask the community what things we would like them to look into when they had a chance to play the game at an event. Not to hype up the videos. Which is exactly why I suggested he post the videos in a new topic.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
I guess you've missed the FP. The thread opened more than a week ago, i was asking users what to test that might have been missed during E3/best buy.

I've posted one small comment just to let you guys know that everything went well, and it exploded.

People just need to be more patient that's all.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I guess you've missed the FP. The thread opened more than a week ago, i was asking users what to test that might have been missed during E3/best buy.

I've posted one small comment just to let you guys know that everything went well, and it exploded.

People just need to be more patient that's all.
Then perhaps you should have waited to say anything about vids until they were up.. Because to me it looks like you just want to bring attention to yourself.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
The original topic of this thread was to ask the community what things we would like them to look into when they had a chance to play the game at an event. Not to hype up the videos. Which is exactly why I suggested he post the videos in a new topic.
Hm maybe just editing the title will be fine, but seeing how people are reacting i might just open a new one.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Then perhaps you should have waited to say anything about vids until they were up.. Because to me it looks like you just want to bring attention to yourself.
Be patient and wait, there is no need for needless arguments. He said he will provide us with videos and he will, it's not exactly a big deal what he's doing anyway.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Wow, i don't really get why i would do such a thing. The post was just a quick update and some users are blowing it out of proportion.

Honestly i'm feeling quite uncomfortable reading claims such as this one, i came here with all the best intentions cause i wanted to involve the people on SB as well, and all i'm getting is "you want to bring attention to your self" (again, something that that to me, REALLY doesn't make any sense, it's just not in my nature).

Last edited:

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Wow, i don't really get why i would do such a thing. The post was just a quick update and some users are blowing it out of proportion.

Honestly i'm feeling quite uncomfortable reading claims such as this one, i came here with all the best intentions cause i wanted to involve the people on SB as well, and all i'm getting is "you want to bring attention to your self" (again, something that that to me, REALLY doesn't make any sense, it's just not in my nature).
Don't listen to people like him, most of us really appreciate what you're doing here. we greatly anticipate your videos!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't listen to people like him, most of us really appreciate what you're doing here. we greatly anticipate your videos!
What he said. Don't let impatient complaints bog you down. We're really grateful that you're bringing us new footage!

Especially with the lack of new info on smashbros.com lately, haha.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

Don't let a few loud people get to you, some people are just a bit salty about the whole CT Zero 'I have a big announcement... Sorry I can't say anything yet....nor do I know when I can'. They just don't want something as silly as that happen again.

Edit: Damn beaten to the punch

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
update: first vid should be up in 30 minutes

edit: thanks for the support

edit2: please also remember that internet speed is super sucky in italy, another reason why it takes us so long.

edit3: dinner time, i'll check in asap

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
For the joy of all the users here are the first vids (for the rest it'll be another 4 hours minimum)

keep in mind that some 1v1 may not be that exciting as they were our first tries, while others are slightly better.

AT/Combos:
Kirby Dair Combos

1v1s:
Sentenza/me (Samus) vs Loci_AF (Bowser)

edit: we still need to upload a good number of videos

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
For the joy of all the users here are the first vids (for the rest it'll be another 4 hours minimum)

keep in mind that some 1v1 may not be that exciting as they were our first tries, while others are slightly better.

AT/Combos:
Kirby Dair Combos

1v1s:
Sentenza/me (Samus) vs Loci_AF (Bowser)

edit: we still need to upload a good number of videos
that second link seems to go to a picture instead of a video.

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
that second link seems to go to a picture instead of a video.
strange, i'll ask if it happens to anybody else

edit: yeah happens to me too, let me fix it

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sentenza_55
Fixed the samus vs bowser link

edit: btw, i'll update the FP

Last edited:

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
At 0:44, it looks like Bowser bounces up from the ground after Samus d-airs him. Previously he would have simply lay splat on the floor, right?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Bowser's new grab animation is kinda funky. It has visually less range than his Brawl grab but also seems a lot less punishable on whiff. That was the main thing I could pull from that match.

To answer other questions that I know the answers to, that spinning claw move in the air is Bowser's new nair, and that bounce from Samus's dair against a grounded opponent is exactly how hitting a grounded opponent worked in Brawl.

The Kirby dair combos were pretty nifty; it's like Fox and Kirby traded dairs for this game! I have a feeling a lot of characters have little strings like that now, and the first few weeks are no doubt going to be dominated by thsoe who find some good ones first.

Top Bottom