• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, this idea is really brilliant, and I REALLY hope they apply it.

Kaid, for a furry, you aren't so bad.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I must say, this is a fantastic idea. Polygon wise, all of the animations could be created for that same Mii model (although you can adjust the height/weight of the Mi...), and your customized Mii will be sort of a shell for the character.

Although they absolutely need moves from Wii Sports and other games they will star in, I think its important to include some stuff inspired by the Mii Channel itself too (like didn't the OP say something about using the hand?)

Hmmmmm.... What would his taunt be?

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I must say, this is a fantastic idea. Polygon wise, all of the animations could be created for that same Mii model (although you can adjust the height/weight of the Mi...), and your customized Mii will be sort of a shell for the character.

Although they absolutely need moves from Wii Sports and other games they will star in, I think its important to include some stuff inspired by the Mii Channel itself too (like didn't the OP say something about using the hand?)

Hmmmmm.... What would his taunt be?
No, that was me. And the taunt could be the little dance move they do when you create them. By the way, the only weakness I've been able to find in the conept of Miis is that a lot of their moves are done by other characters alread, i.e. boxing, golf, tennis. BUt I realized that this isn't a weakness at all, but a strength. It's kinda fun to have a character in a fighting game that feels like an amalgam of several other characters. I even thought about that little movie that plays at the end of single-player campaign in MElee. IF such are included in BRawl, Miis could be shown doing moves next to characters doing similar moves. They could box next to little mac, swing a golf club next to Peach, and in the final screenshot, be held by the hand above master and crazy hands with a mii head. Awesome!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
how do you guys think they would incorporate the stats of the miis?? for example if you put the weight up on your mii will he/she be heavier in SSBB, and thus harder to knock off the stage?? If so, you could make a really short mii (hard to hit for taller characters) that is really fat and have an advantage...

kaid

Smash Master
I would think that they probably wouldn't use your Mii's height or rotundness... or if they did, it wouldn't affect the Mii's hitbox. (if you have a realy short mii, you could be hit somewhere above your head.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
All the miis should have the same stats, cause someone can make a superior mii, a weak mii and other miis and wouldnt be fair, so they should all have the same stats no matter size/weight IMO...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I would think that they probably wouldn't use your Mii's height or rotundness... or if they did, it wouldn't affect the Mii's hitbox. (if you have a realy short mii, you could be hit somewhere above your head.)
All the miis should have the same stats, cause someone can make a superior mii, a weak mii and other miis and wouldnt be fair, so they should all have the same stats no matter size/weight IMO...
Both of you are sayin exactly what i was thinking....Plus it would add a comical element if you had a really short mii with a hitbox over his head :chuckle: ....i can see it now....some tall character like Ganondorf punching the air and your mii reacting to it with a grimace on his face :laugh: ...Mii FTW!

SpendusWorks

Smash Rookie
First post here, just wanting to let you know ahead of time that I didn't bother to read all 9 pages in this thread, (sorry, just don't have the time) but this is what I have to say on this matter:

I just had this idea last night and realized that it could be very simple. Create a general Mii character, and just like applying different character colors in Melee you could scroll through all the Miis on the Wii. If you can do it with Wii sports, I'm sure you can do it in Smash.

Also, (and this is why I'm posting this) I remember there being a japanese site where you could suggest Brawl characters...is this site still around, and if so, has anybody suggested this yet? I think it's a great idea.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Wow, I actually kinda like this idea. It would take a little getting used to but it'd be interesting. If not as a playable character, maybe an enemy during 1P mode, or event match, or something.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I didnt understand what exactly spendusworks ment, but Why give ur Mii color swaps, I mean U mad eur Mii with ur favorite color, thus why change colors, and its not like somone is gonna choose ur Mii, thus have to identical Miis on the match, the other guy cna make his own Mii and thus, no need for color swaps...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The Mii Colour swaps SELECT DIFFERENT MIIS FROM THE CONSOLE HARD DRIVE. Happy?
If there is only one Mii, colour swaps would change the Mii's PANTS colour. It's already
possible to change the pants colour (different Wii Sports games).

Also:
Fatter mii = Slower/Heavier Mii.
Thinner mii = Lighter/Faster Mii.
Taller mii = More range in attacks.
Smaller mii = Less range in attacks.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I didnt understand what exactly spendusworks ment, but Why give ur Mii color swaps, I mean U mad eur Mii with ur favorite color, thus why change colors, and its not like somone is gonna choose ur Mii, thus have to identical Miis on the match, the other guy can make his own Mii and thus, no need for color swaps...
Team battles. But that's about it. And Wii sports does that automatically, as it is. I had a shredder Mii that turned up with a green shirt when he played on my baseball team. Weird as hell, I can tell you. Mii changes could be comparable to color swaps if-- and only if-- Smash doesn't make separate records, but it didn't in Melee, so I don't see why it would now.

Also, Wii sports sticks all head on the same body. And although I think the body sizes changing stats according to a formula that would keep them all in balance would be the only fair way to do it, I can't see Sora going through the hassle.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
Does anyone think it would be a cool idea for Nintendo to do something extra special with the Miis?

I have something big in mind. What if, after you beat the game, SSBB presents you with the option to not only import your Mii to the game, but to give you full control over what moves it gets to use?

It could work, all Nintendo has to do is present you with a huge list of moves from every character in the game. Then, you'd select which moves you like the most and assign them to your Mii. That would be sick, right?

Some moves would be harded to implement to a Mii than others, like Kirby's absorb ability. Or, actually, that's about it.

Also, as for the internal weight and height of the character, you know, you've already got that down. You already applied those settings yourself. And then the game could have some kind of calculation take place to determine the overall speed and float your Mii will have.

Also, when Animal Crossing Wii comes out, i heard the stuff you buy there can actually transfer over to your Mii...so if Animal Crossing presents you with, i dont know, a shovel or something as an equipable Mii avatar, it would be cool to see that same shovel on your Mii in SSBB. And say Animal Crossing, being that it should be online, has an update feature, where they present you with more equipable avatars, Brawl could then update itself on that, too.

What do you think?

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
My mind just hatched an idea! Okay now instead of the Mii being a playable character why not have them replace the wire frames? Think about it, the polygons upgrade to the wire frames and the wire frames become actual people! How about it? I think that fighting Miis would pwn! I don't know about you but, I love my idea.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^NO MII AS A CHARACTER!! and the idea has been mentioned many times, and I would rather like for all the miis have the same moves/stats, being able to choose ur own attacks would be bad, seeing how u will choose attacks where u can easily chain combo ur oponent, thus mii will b broken, and if making miss slower, heavier, faster and all of that depending on how it looks wouldnt work either, seeing how some fat guy can make his mii ultra skinny just to make him way more faster and combo easier, so gotta say:
Moves and stats EQUALLY among Miis...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Mii Moveset!!

B: Mii Shooting: A chargeable attack, the mii will take out a wii controller and while charging, a energy ball will be growing on the tip of the wii controller, u can store the fully charge attack and then use it, the attack will go as fast as the ray gun item, if u dont charge it it will fire 3 rapid fires by just pressing B (and not holding the button)
<>B: Bowling: the attack will have a bit of lag at 1st, but when thrown, the bolling ball will become a powerful attack at 1st, and will start going slower and slower, thus gettin weaker until it disappears, if hit just a few seconds when thrown u will recieve high damaga and has a high knockback power... after the ball is thrown there is barely any lag...
DownB: Box-counter: The Miis boxing gloves will appear out of nowhere, this move works like marths/roys counter, only thing diferent if hit, press B with tilting the control stick either the way the mii is lookin, down or up, the counter consist of 3 hits, so if u do >B, DownB and UpB it will give: jab to the face, jab to the stomach and uppercut... u get the idea, the last hit, being either a jab or uppercut will be the strongest of all 3 hits...
UpB: Mii Grab: someone mention this, and I love the idea, like in the Mii channel, a hand appears and grabs the mii by the head, the mii will "wiggle" and will hit anyone near him, after a few seconds, the hand will let go and the mii will fall...

Super: TANKS!: Luike in wii play, the mii will hope on a tank, and shoot the hell out of the oponents, shooting missiles, throwing grenades... whatever works... (not real-life grenades, sakurais hates them I know, catoon-like missiles,grenades...)

ta-da XD Mii moveset...
As u can c, Miis have potential to be in brawl, I mad eup that moveset, and I be sakurai can do better, how can u not c him fight, if u can c him box, golf, play tennis, baseball and bowling, u can easily c him in smash, using the bat or a golf club for his smash attacks, he can do a lot of weird acky moves, he has potential to be a selectable character, and not just some replacement of wireframes...

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Stryks, Pustlio: you do realize that your ideas are not mutually exclusive. Playable Miis would be from your Mii Plaza. Generic enemies would be from you Mii parade. What's the big deal? Also, Pustulio: saying "it's all just a matter of opinion does not exempt you from having to back up things you say." Opinions are often backed up by facts, which makes them more credible. IT is similar to how saying "With all due respect" doesn't make whatever you say afterwards respectful. So whether you hae empirical evidence or a cogent paradigm, or even an anecdote that could illustrate your position, please share it with us.

cooler110033

Smash Rookie
^^NO MII AS A CHARACTER!! and the idea has been mentioned many times, and I would rather like for all the miis have the same moves/stats, being able to choose ur own attacks would be bad, seeing how u will choose attacks where u can easily chain combo ur oponent, thus mii will b broken, and if making miss slower, heavier, faster and all of that depending on how it looks wouldnt work either, seeing how some fat guy can make his mii ultra skinny just to make him way more faster and combo easier, so gotta say:
Moves and stats EQUALLY among Miis...
"being able to choose ur own attacks would be bad, seeing how u will choose attacks where u can easily chain combo ur oponent, thus mii will b broken"

Why would it be easier to chain combo your opponent? It would be no easier for your Mii to chain combo than would the character whose attack your getting would.
Wait, what does "chain combo" mean anyway? You mean a string of moves right?

"and if making miss slower, heavier, faster and all of that depending on how it looks wouldnt work either, seeing how some fat guy can make his mii ultra skinny just to make him way more faster and combo easier"

No, see, there would limitations. It's not like if you made your Mii super skinny his attacks would super fast, yeah, but they'd be super weak. The way i'm thinking, Nintendo would have designed a nice, complex system with everything worked out.

The skinnier your Mii is, the weaker + faster he'll be
The fatter your Mii is, the stronger + slower he'll be
And then the height thing would add to girth thing. Thats where the complexity lies.

Ex.
#1 Mii is short and skinny: he'll be super weak but super fast and floaty.
#2 Mii is tall and skinny: he wont be as weak but still be as fast but wont be as floaty.
#3 Mii is short and fat: He'll be average strength, average speed, but high floaty (jigglypuff)

Get the idea? It still works, man.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Stryks, Pustlio: you do realize that your ideas are not mutually exclusive. Playable Miis would be from your Mii Plaza. Generic enemies would be from you Mii parade. What's the big deal? Also, Pustulio: saying "it's all just a matter of opinion does not exempt you from having to back up things you say." Opinions are often backed up by facts, which makes them more credible. IT is similar to how saying "With all due respect" doesn't make whatever you say afterwards respectful. So whether you hae empirical evidence or a cogent paradigm, or even an anecdote that could illustrate your position, please share it with us.
I was saying that I have an opinion and he has his, I think that a Mii is just too generic to be playable and that they would fit well as a wire frame upgrade.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know what this reminds me of?

A friend of mine tole me a friend of her's (or her brother, I forget), made a Mii Hitler, and then beat him up on the Boxing game in Wii Sports!

...So, in a way, you COULD have your favorite pesron be in Brawl! Using Miis!

Stryks

Smash Hero
... why did u double post?
U didnt give any reasons or ideas or anything, or are u doing ur regular "ill pos-sorry SPAM in every thread to raise my posts counts" rutine?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
... why did u double post?
U didnt give any reasons or ideas or anything, or are u doing ur regular "ill pos-sorry SPAM in every thread to raise my posts counts" rutine?
I didn't realize I had already posted on this thread. I'm sorry. :(

And also, posting here had nothing to do with raising points. I just want to express my thoughts on different ideas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Brawlmatt, but u posted one post on feb 28, while another today, if u would have posted twice accidently ok, I get it, but why DID u double post when the last post was 9 days ago? and u didnt post opinions, ideas or anything u just said "sorry for double post" u did it on purpose... seriously man ur just raising ur posts admit it...

salulos

Smash Rookie
having custamizable weight and hit boxes would be nice (although un balanced) but a custom move set is overdoing it

it would be nice though if you could choose your mii's weapon of choice:
Boxing Gloves - massive damage up close but no ranged attacks
Golf Club - Moderate speed and power for both projectile balls and club swings
Baseball Bat - slightly slower and more powerfull than golf club for both projectile balls and bat swings
Tennis Racket - Weak but quick projectile and swings
Bowling Ball - deals massive damage up close and with projectiles, but slows down mii's movement

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Brawlmatt, but u posted one post on feb 28, while another today, if u would have posted twice accidently ok, I get it, but why DID u double post when the last post was 9 days ago? and u didnt post opinions, ideas or anything u just said "sorry for double post" u did it on purpose... seriously man ur just raising ur posts admit it...
I swear to God, and from the bottom of my heart, I would never double post simply to be annoying or to increase my post count, because doing that is for losers.

The only reason I could think of for double posting, is either someothing else important I wanted to say (which by now, I know I can simply edit my old post), or to say something about another poerson's post.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
and yet u didnt, u just said "sorry for double post" why DID u double post, u didnt left opinion or anything...
Oh that! You see, the thing it, I had originally psoted my opinion on Mii, when I realized I had already posted my opinions, so I quickly edited the post to say "Sorry for double posting".

Stryks

Smash Hero
U posted twice that thing about Mii hitler??

Well anyway, Ill get back on topic, I still believe all miss should have the same stats, other wise, some guy can easily modify his mii to make him fast and yet powerful just so it can work in brawl, so by having all the miis balanced, there will be no disadvantage when more than one person chooses Mii as his character...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Why have different Miis? Just have one,preferably your own,and give all worldwide Miis the same attacks.

Top Bottom