• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Stafy (Densetsu no Stafy series)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Lolz, wow nice music videos. Anyway, I don't know about him being in SSBB...he's just a star...
An insanely popular star who both talks the talk and walks the walk. If youve ever played his games you know that he can easily fit into Brawl. If a character doesn't look like they can fight, he/she will be a kickass character

Black/Light

Smash Master
Legend of Stafy was developed by TOSE, who also does the Game and Watch Gallery games. When Sakurai was part of Nintendo, he worked for HAL. So no, he didn't create Stafy. Did you confuse him maybe with Kirby?
Oh, I may have gotten them mixed up (^_^).

But I still say he stands a pretty good chance.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I never said Stafy was unlikely anyways. I was just pointing out that, instead of opting for such characters in Melee, they went for the more human-like and "serious" ones, because they knew most of the people who were waiting to play that game were older than 10 :p (not to sound mean or anything)

Brawl's hype is stemming almost entirely from this same demographic, 16-30 year old males. So of course they're going to throw in people like SNAKE, ZERO SUIT SAMUS, and PIT. It makes for a great game all around for everybody, sure, but who's going to appreciate it more? A kid who just found out who Snake was, or the guy who played Metal Gear Solid religiously when he was in high school 8 years ago?
If melee was aiming for an older audience why was it rated G 8+

GenG

Smash Lord
Melee was rated +11 in Europe. Fire Emblem PoR was rated +7. Both Pikmin were rated +3...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was searching for this thread for a while... :) If there's gonna some more Japanese only characters, I'm hoping Stafy will be atleast one of them. He's a very intressting character, and I find him really fitting into Smash Bros.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yeah as far as Japan-only characters, I think Sakurai will include those that would most easily translate to the rest of the world (i.e. Fire Emblem), and Stafy defineitely fits the bill - it would definitely click with the Kirby crowd... Though it's likey he'll get a name change of some sort for localization purposes.

parrothead

Smash Lord
If any of you are trying to picture Stafy's Spinning Star move, then click here and click the word "Spin" to watch him do it in action. You can also rapidly click it to watch him become dizzy. And that is what will happen to Stafy in SSBB if you would rapidly use his Spinning Star move.

parrothead

Smash Lord
*BUMP*

If Stafy doesn't enter another Legend of Stafy title nor SSBB (either as a playable character or trophy), he'll probably become Mr. Lonely...

...while his eyes will shed tears.

parrothead

Smash Lord
According to the Japanese Wikipedia article for the Legend of Stafy series, a manga version of the series was officially produced by Nintendo and Shogakukan, and it looks very risible in my opinion.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya know...in that article about how SSBB came to be that's on the website, Mr. Sakurai said that he couldn't announce the name of the team. After reading the interview with TOSE (Starfy's co-creators) that's linked to on TOSE's wiki page, they talk about how they prefer to anonymously outsource games to publishers. Perhaps The Studio is a part of TOSE which could mean a decent chance for this character to appear in the game. Just thought it was a possibility.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Ya know...in that article about how SSBB came to be that's on the website, Mr. Sakurai said that he couldn't announce the name of the team. After reading the interview with TOSE (Starfy's co-creators) that's linked to on TOSE's wiki page, they talk about how they prefer to anonymously outsource games to publishers. Perhaps The Studio is a part of TOSE which could mean a decent chance for this character to appear in the game. Just thought it was a possibility.
That's pretty interesting. I appreciate you for saying that.

Right now, I noticed that Densetsu No Stafy 3 (Legend of Stafy 3) is #2 in the Top Ten Mario-related Cameos.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Stafy is probably one of the best suggestions for Brawl so far, I would be surprised if he doesn't make Brawl. Oh, and I'm maining him in advance, he is my no. 1 pick for Brawl!!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I like the game (played it at my friends house). And hope to see him in brawl.
I do have a question, is stafy really popular in Japan?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I like the game (played it at my friends house). And hope to see him in brawl.
I do have a question, is stafy really popular in Japan?
I believe so. Otherwise he wouldn't of become a series.

Also, I recall a contest in which players could design a costume for Stafy or Stapy, andit will end up in the 4th game.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Cool! The Legend of Stafy was another favorite series of mine!

(Gotta wonder how Kirby will look as Stafy Kirby)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
OH! One thing!

Stafy has been affiliated with the Mario series THREE times!
1. Wario was in the third game
2. A poster of Stafy (with the spelling of "Stafy") was in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga in the Yoshi Theatre.
3. He appeared as an enemy in Super Princess Peach.

THREE reasons Stafy should be in Brawl!

Top Bottom