• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
As weak as he is, I always enjoyed playing as Pichu more than Pikachu. I'd love to see him in Project M.
Pichu is built to handle his moveset perfectly.

It almost feels like Pikachu is the clone.

Hell. if it was....
  • Pichu's endlag
  • Pikachu's range
  • Pichu's Uair properties (I would prefer a extremely consistent juggle over the Pikachu tail spike)
  • Pichu's Dair
  • Pikachu's Project M Bair
  • Pichu's Fair
  • Pichu's Nair
  • Pikachu's Utilt
  • Pikachu's Ftilt
  • Pikachu's Dtilt
  • Pikachu's Jab
  • Pichu's Grabs
  • Pichu's Speed
  • Pikachu's Dspecial
  • Pikachu's Uspecial
  • Pichu's SideSpecial
  • Pikachu's Nspecial
  • Pikachu's Weight

All on Pikachu/Pichu, I would have no reason TO want the return of Pichu or Pikachu in general.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Excuse me? He attacked 73 page old posts that I made about a beyond beaten to death topic. I guess this goes back to the previous statement made on this thread.
I meant about asking him how to forum. The way you presented comes off as sort of a %$#@. Not to say that you are, but it was presented as such.

Pikachu in general.
Except that Pikachu is easily the most recognizable Pokemon throughout the franchise. Having Pikachu excluded from any Smash game would create anarchy amony Smash/Pokemon fans. That's just me though.

On the topic of King Hyrule, what kind of grab game would he have? Something like Ganondorf's or Shiek's in how it just leads into a bigger hit rather than a finishing throw?

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
New character that hasn't been suggested already huh?

Hmm...

What about other non Kanto Pokémon? No, I don't mean Pichu.

Personally I'd like to see Absol or Deoxys, Absol moreso because then every Pokémon would have a different type.

Of course I know how opposed people would be to an 8th Pokémon. I can't think of anyone else though, so I'd like to bring something else up: how come no one has made a moveset for Samurai Goroh yet? He looks interesting to me, even if I haven't had the chance to play F-Zero yet.

Also as a Mother fan, I'd love Duster incorporated somehow. He's the only permanent party member in the series that's a grown adult, and he doesn't use PSI at all.

I'll check back later since I'm almost done with Super Mario 3D World.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

Hmm...

Personally I'd like to see Absol or Deoxys, Absol moreso because then every Pokémon would have a different type.

Of course I know how opposed people would be to an 8th Pokémon. I can't think of anyone else though, so I'd like to bring something else up: how come no one has made a moveset for Samurai Goroh yet? He looks interesting to me, even if I haven't had the chance to play F-Zero yet.

Also as a Mother fan, I'd love Duster incorporated somehow. He's the only permanent party member in the series that's a grown adult, and he doesn't use PSI at all.

You should play Kid Icarus Uprising, my new favorite game (#EndScreenReference)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Except that Pikachu is easily the most recognizable Pokemon throughout the franchise. Having Pikachu excluded from any Smash game would create anarchy amony Smash/Pokemon fans. That's just me though.
That statement was me saying that I wouldn't really care if the moveset was on Pikachu or Pichu if it played like that.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Pichu is the only viable Pokemon to be chosen because of his status as a Veteran.

If there was less Pokemon you would see me spouting day on rants about why Leafeon is the best choice and I would be 100x more vocal and enthusiastic about that than I am about Pichu.

It would essentially be a Marth/Link swordplay with faster approach on an extremely adorable creature.
CAN IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I meant about asking him how to forum. The way you presented comes off as sort of a %$#@. Not to say that you are, but it was presented as such.
And the way you butt into a conversation you're not a part of coming off as a %$#@ ??? You're the one coming off as rude for making all these implications without knowing the full story. Kindly stay out of it.

As for a new character topic guys.

DONBE. He is apparently the star of a semi-popular Japanese Nintendo RPG.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Hmm...

only correct answer.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Blaziken.
Gen 3 has never had a Smash Rep and Blaziken is the most iconic mon out of that gen. So if I had to choose, it'd be him.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Kraid, Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, and Parasite Queen for TEH CLONE UNGINEZ!
*sarcasm mode over* :D

Rage83

Smash Ace
EDIT: To tell the truth, I want Ridley as a clone character.
Can't have SAHMUS with out TEH BEBEH! xD

Last edited:

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
If I could pick any Pokemon to be in smash it would have to be Ampharos, no technical reasoning I just really like him.

Anyway, can we Ray now please?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
If I could pick any Pokemon to be in smash it would have to be Ampharos, no technical reasoning I just really like him.

Anyway, can we Ray now please?
I don't know much about ray.

Therefore he must not be fitting for super smash brothers.

Prove me wrong.

/notanattempttosparkdiscussionatall
/nope
/totallynotapartofmyplan

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Custom Robo has only appeared in 4/12 ninteno consoles.

Punch out, Pikmin, and Kid Icarus have only appeared on three. Though two of those have been there since the beginning and the other has become a franchise that essentially is a money copying machine.

Ray MK II is a sleek looking robot capable of battle in his own franchise. With many different weapons and moves to easily translate into a move set.

I play as characters that look like marshmallows with feet.

Huh, I guess I proved you right, he really doesn't fit. :dkmelee:

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Generally I think the assumption with Ray is that he'll play similarly to SSB4's Megaman. Or rather the idea behind how he'll play will be similar with a focus on long range combat and switching between different abilities (weapons) that he can use. That's pretty obvious to me but I don't want to assume that of everyone else here. Anyway what I'm feeling most interested in right now is how Ray'll move, I can think of some interesting ways to have him reflect the games he's from. For example somehow giving him the ability to dash side to side in the air quickly or do that thing where he slides when he starts shooting after running, maybe a basis for giving him some more acrobatic abilities.
Well anyway I already talked a lot about Ray when he was first brought up so I'd rather spark some more interest in other people that maybe don't really know him to give a bit of an outsiders perspective with some interesting ideas. Someone may come up with something interesting that would work that people who know Custom Robo wouldn't think of for thinking of how Custom Robo already works.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
An air dash? Interesting.

Well since they have Lucario using the Magic Series, a character with an airdash isn't impossible.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
With Custom Robo, a lot of the gameplay revolves around strategically placing yourself in a good position to attack. Ray's air dash will of course be attack cancel-able. A concept I've drafted into my moveset idea is a forwards and backwards air dash. In normal air dash fighting games, it is mostly serves as mobility, mind games, and even a combo extending function. This being Smash, having both a forward and backward air dash adds an interesting depth to Ray's playstyle. With forward dashing to an opponent, you have a lot of good options. But lets say you back dash towards your opponent. With a normal fighting game, that might not do much. But with Smash, that opens an entirely new list of approach options. This means Ray has the most control over his Air game.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
With Custom Robo, a lot of the gameplay revolves around strategically placing yourself in a good position to attack. Ray's air dash will of course be attack cancel-able. A concept I've drafted into my moveset idea is a forwards and backwards air dash. In normal air dash fighting games, it is mostly serves as mobility, mind games, and even a combo extending function. This being Smash, having both a forward and backward air dash adds an interesting depth to Ray's playstyle. With forward dashing to an opponent, you have a lot of good options. But lets say you back dash towards your opponent. With a normal fighting game, that might not do much. But with Smash, that opens an entirely new list of approach options. This means Ray has the most control over his Air game.
So basically R.O.B.'s air specials?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So basically R.O.B.'s air specials?
In functionality it is similar, but not exactly the same. Definitely comparable.

R.O.B. doesn't have a back dash function, only a forward dash. And even if he he did it would be worthless for his playstyle. With a combination of forward and backward air dashes with Ray's ranged playstyle, he is a completely different character altogether.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So I thought of an interesting way about doing this air dash thing. If you tap either forwards or backwards after your first jump, you can sacrifice the second jump for an air dash. This will prevent the idea of air dashes being stacked with normal jumps.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Scizor would be absolutely amazing in PM. Blaziken too, but Scizor would be more so imo.

Lots of moveset potential too.

It would be glorious.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Is a doubletap dash a doable thing? I know the PMBR works miracles but there's nothing like that in smash already is there?

Ah, unless they use some variation on the glide command. It might be easier than I initially thought.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
i honestly don't think we should have any more fire emblem or pokemon characters, not including Pichu. honestly i think there should be one slot used per series

cmart

Smash Lord
i honestly don't think we should have any more fire emblem or pokemon characters, not including Pichu. honestly i think there should be one slot used per series
I don't see how you can possibly post this with a straight face. You can't say you honestly believe something with one side of your mouth while saying an exception should be made b'cuz reasons with the other.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
Well Pichu is a melee vet, sole reason I want him in. . . funny if some one suggested Pichu without him being in Melee i probably would have laughed

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't see how you can possibly post this with a straight face. You can't say you honestly believe something with one side of your mouth while saying an exception should be made b'cuz reasons with the other.
Well Pichu is a melee vet, sole reason I want him in. . . funny if some one suggested Pichu without him being in Melee i probably would have laughed
I'll try to word this better for him.

Pokemon has a lot of characters in Project M. This is all due to the PMBR's hard work in making the 3 Pokemon separate characters and the reintroduction of Mewtwo. Most people would not rather see another Pokemon representative over other potential characters. However, I feel that Pichu should be an exception to this as he is not represented in Project M in any form and came from melee. This is not to say that the character should have 100% chance of making it in, but be an exception to putting in another Pokemon.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
I'll try to word this better for him.

Pokemon has a lot of characters in Project M. This is all due to the PMBR's hard work in making the 3 Pokemon separate characters and the reintroduction of Mewtwo. Most people would not rather see another Pokemon representative over other potential characters. However, I feel that Pichu should be an exception to this as he is not represented in Project M in any form and came from melee. This is not to say that the character should have 100% chance of making it in, but be an exception to putting in another Pokemon.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom