• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
That really does suck, but since you don't have trouble against anyone but Spam you should be able to do it again this week right?? :D

That's why I do all brackets on a computer so they'll never get lost. Hopefully I'll be able to record this time. Someone bring that power surge thing again. I may bring one too.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That really does suck, but since you don't have trouble against anyone but Spam you should be able to do it again this week right?? :D
Nah, I might trip into Snake's f-smash, or air trip and die at 0 or something. It's Brawl.

Plus Brandon is gay. I hope Atomsk and Yehs beat him for me again. :)

Keitaro

Well I hope someone else takes out Atomsk cause I can't stand his playing style. I feel like I'm kicking his *** then I get gordoed @ 50 percent and turn into a star, yuck!!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Throwing a gordo = wayyyy too much tech skill so no johns keitaro :p

and inui if we don't happen to play each other in tourney wanna mm? nothing special, just your best vs my best.

Keitaro

I already owe you from the C Falcon vs Zelda bs. Just change that to me owing you $5 bucks this friday and make an allisbrawl account please!!?? *almost starts tearing*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
BECAUSE BRAWL IS BETTER LOLOLOLOL jk....

and it's prolly so that spam can have a bunch of badges for being such a winner

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
There are more NJ tourneys than I realized. May 2 is the next one, right? Anyone gonna update the first post before Friday?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
so wait.. this weeks smash weekly is just brawl singles? maybe I will go then. I thought there were talks about bringing that old ball and chain of a game back this week. Maybe no nyc for me this weekend after all. Oh wait I have no parking! grr what to do.

Keitaro

Hey, I'm going to bring 3 people from my town to enter this friday. One is an amazing Ganon player named Alex M. Can't wait for this!!

Pride: Please COME!!!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
might not be comin 2this, if so, HUGE chance I will be f'd up for the small amount of time im there

Keitaro

Everyone try to come by 4 so we can get everything started by the latest 5. We should have more than enough time to do singles if we start that early then I guess doubles can be after.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
seems good to me.

i can do earlier than 5. 4 is good. signups from 3-4? yes the world revolves around me :p

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I can be there by 4. No nyc I guess since this will probably be my last chance to stomp with Yoshi vs you all.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
No, they're not. Come by 4.
$10 says somebody updates it within the hour >_>

might not be comin 2this, if so, HUGE chance I will be f'd up for the small amount of time im there
That's fine, as long as you share. Beer before Brawl: you'll beat them all. Brawl before beer: shoulda had a beer.

Everyone try to come by 4 so we can get everything started by the latest 5. We should have more than enough time to do singles if we start that early then I guess doubles can be after.
ibinuidoublesfirst

Really though, nobody ever wants to do anything after singles. It'll probably just be friendlies and money matches. But on the offchance the people want to, then sure.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Why is metaknight so broken?
I dont EVER play the character and I was going neck and neck with yehs!'s snake yesterday??????? I even two stocked him on battlefield and this is without thinking at all. Just spacing fairs, doing tornados and UpB. Wow that character is completely broken and takes no mental awareness to play. The amount of effort it takes to be sucessful with mk is maybe 1 effort unit, as opposed to the AVERAGE of 10 units to play other characters well. ****** with mk means nothing in brawl, and no one gets props for doing so. Not even you KASHIF!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
In Yehs's defense, Yehs is very sexy. Also. I can be there by 330 maybe? my class ends at 3. and i dunno if i can stay forever like usual cuz my friend uncancelled his party so i'll most likely not be sober after the tourney.

fawk metaknight!

edit: rot8 you should make this weekly's rules Captain Falcon only. Think of the manliness of such a tournament!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmmm, Onett and Distant Planet aren't banned???

Since this weekly, I'm going to assume there will be one on May 9th. I should be able to make that since I'll be back in NJ. The one on May 2 is a HUGE maybe since I don't know exactly when I'm flying back still.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ya I was about to ask about maps...can we please make lylat a counterpick? and mario circuit should be banned because of that fatass penguin

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think Lylat should stay neutral, at least for now.

Skyworld should be counterpickable, not banned. I'm pretty surprised to see that being banned.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lylat ***** everyone except for the broken recovery people... the sporadic tilting of the ship screws over alot of characters.

skyworld should stay banned because it's pretty much like hyrule temple in the middle area, and fox/falco can spike throw the clouds with a down throw lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
-Mario Circuit should stay legal. You can't say it should be banned cause of DDD's CG...
It's pretty dumb when you come to think of it since you might as well ban Ice Climbers from tournament play while you're at it >_>

-Lylat is fine, it only really hurts Wolf/Falco. And remember, wasn't there a stage called Battlefield in Melee that was neutral but had gay edges?

-If Skyworld seems Hyruleish to you, then break the top part lol. Also, you just stated how Falco can spike through it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
-Mario Circuit should stay legal. You can't say it should be banned cause of DDD's CG...
It's pretty dumb when you come to think of it since you might as well ban Ice Climbers from tournament play while you're at it >_>

-Lylat is fine, it only really hurts Wolf/Falco. And remember, wasn't there a stage called Battlefield in Melee that was neutral but had gay edges?

-If Skyworld seems Hyruleish to you, then break the top part lol. Also, you just stated how Falco can spike through it.
I actually can say that it should be banned cuz of ddd's cg because that's the reason it's been banned before. It doesn't prove anything when you can just push z a crapload of times and win the game. At least the ice climber's cg requires some form of skill. But whatever if it doesn't get banned then I'll ban it myself.

Lylat hurts most characters who get caught under the wing. And yes I remember Battlefield in melee. Battlefield in melee looked like this right?

___
__ __

Did battlefield ever randomly tilt to one side denying you access back onto the stage? No I can't seem to recall that.

And why should we have to go through the trouble of breaking the top part of a stage just to make it legal or whatever. And thanks telling me what I just said?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I was kay with with finest's points until he threw Skyworld in there. It proves his lack of knowledge.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lmao Skyworld??? Wtf?!?!?!?!
Chris why would u even waste your time explaining why skyworld should not be legal? Just got 2 ignore that stuff lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say lack of knowledge. I'm just surprised about the point of view that's all. Most people hate lylat and don't remove it from neutral because there's so few neutrals (which isn't a good enough reason not to remove it from neutral imo but w/e)

Well Erik I can't really say "no it should be banned" without explaining it lol

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I actually can say that it should be banned cuz of ddd's cg because that's the reason it's been banned before. It doesn't prove anything when you can just push z a crapload of times and win the game. At least the ice climber's cg requires some form of skill. But whatever if it doesn't get banned then I'll ban it myself.
Just keep in mind IC chaingrabs work on every character on every stage regardless.
Did battlefield ever randomly tilt to one side denying you access back onto the stage? No I can't seem to recall that.
But it did have hard to sweetspot edges...and the reason why Lylat's edges are harder to sweetspot is because of the tilting >_>
Either way, Lylat is no Mute City or Pokefloats. I say, leave it legal for now at the very least.
And why should we have to go through the trouble of breaking the top part of a stage just to make it legal or whatever. And thanks telling me what I just said?
It's more like the simple fact you can easily break it makes it legal. Also, I repeated what you said since you somewhat countered yourself in your argument. "It's like Hyrule but you can easily spike through/break it".
I was kay with with finest's points until he threw Skyworld in there. It proves his lack of knowledge.
Lmao Skyworld??? Wtf?!?!?!?!
Chris why would u even waste your time explaining why skyworld should not be legal? Just got 2 ignore that stuff lol
I'm beginning to think that being in the Midwest has brainwashed me into liking silly stages (something a good number of Midwest players are known for).
I used to think it should be banned, but Iggy has convinced me Skyworld is a good counterpickable stage and people who ban it may not know what they're talking about. All the tournaments in this region have it legal and it seems to be one of Dope's favorite counterpick stages. I really don't mind either way, it's whatever. I never even had a friendly 1v1 on that stage let alone a tournament match.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
There are like 16 characters that can't be CGed to death on Mario Circuit. If you aren't willing to pick one of them then you're crippling yourself and you deserve to be chaingrabbed off the side. Also, the cars can come and interrupt the CG, even if you're on the bottom and they're coming on the top. It's a perfectly fine stage.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
There are like 16 characters that can't be CGed to death on Mario Circuit. If you aren't willing to pick one of them then you're crippling yourself and you deserve to be chaingrabbed off the side. Also, the cars can come and interrupt the CG, even if you're on the bottom and they're coming on the top. It's a perfectly fine stage.
Horrible response. Thats like saying well.. Bridge of Eldin should be allowed. There are plenty of chars that can camp just as well as pit, if you don't use them then your crippling yourself.

I dont want stages to force who I choose to play with. I don't want to be forced to pick to play another char just because someone chooses DDD and enjoys winning by pressing z and forward.

It's a perfectly fine stage my pink yoshi but! Although I wouldn't mind chain grabbing your blue mk butt across mario circuit once or twice. =)

no hate or anything

Top Bottom