• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
Fawk High Tier Teams sounds fun. Ness/Link is gonna take it. :)

ROT8, lemme know ASAP if you're going to run teams FIRST(running teams second probably won't happen because people stop caring after singles). If you're not going to do teams first even though it takes less than half the time of singles, let me know so that me and my friends don't bother driving an hour for only one event.
I will not be running teams of any sort. Maybe normal singles after Fawkhightier, but even that is sketchy at best.

As for the list...

MetaKnight
Snake
Dedede
Game and Watch
Toon Link
Falco
Marth
Diddy Kong
Pit
Wolf
Fox
ROB
Zelda
Ice Climbers
Pikachu

While less so for Diddy, ROB and Ice Climbers, these are the usual suspects that I see show up week after week and do generally quite well. I'm pretty sure it's universally agreed that we ban them.

Bowser
Falcon
Ganondorf
Link
Lucario
Luigi
Mario
Peach
Samus
Sonic
Wario
Yoshi

I'm pretty sure that these characters are either widely considered "bad" or unpopular enough that many of us would have no clue what to do with them. Definitely in. This leaves...

Donkey Kong
Ike
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Lucas
Ness
Pokemon Trainer
Olimar
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus

From what I've seen, ZSS, Sheik, Ness, Lucas, and Olimar aren't bad, but I don't think they're broken - probably allowed. I really don't see that much Ike, but if the popular vote is to ditch him, then I'm cool with that - gone. I'll let Kirby stay, cuz everybody loves Kirby. DK may have range and power, but he's still an easy to hit ape. I'd rather him be in, but if you want him out that's fine. Jiggly... Fine. But no uber-camping, plz. And I don't have a problem with Trainer. Also lol at single Ice Climber.

SO! The official temporary list of allowed characters (22) is:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Single Ice Climber
Kirby
Olimar
Captain Falcon
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ness
Lucas
Sonic

I probably missed something as usual, so bring it up. Time for class >_>

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Olimar needs 2 be banned.
maybe we shud have a vote now or at the tourny for the other chars in question

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
I want to come to this but I also want to bring my little brother. He's 14, is it cool if he comes and enters? If not, I likely won't be able to come. Anyway, I just wanted to clarify this before I waste the gas to come 40 minutes up there. A fast response would be nice. Thanks in advance, guys.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
hehe, np man. Hax from ny is 13 and he wins tourns all the time. Just so long as he's not as annoying as inui+atomsk.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh there better be parking! or ELSE there will be eggs everywhere!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
hmm u guys can park in the busch student center parking lot n catch the B bus 2 livingston hmm I duno what else to tell u guys. Maybe the parking lot by the quads?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If you don't attend rutgers...DON'T WORRY ABOUT PARKING TICKETS! the worst they could do to you is keep you from graduating...oh noes...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm going to park on a side street on Metlars lane or on Busch Campus and take the B bus. Not sure yet.

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
If you don't attend rutgers...DON'T WORRY ABOUT PARKING TICKETS! the worst they could do to you is keep you from graduating...oh noes...
but but... I'm gonna be using someone else's car to get there (mine won't start >_<). I can't get a parking ticket on someone elses car.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
it's a rutgers ticket, it means nothing.

they match the license plate to the student and fine the student account. not real.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Olimar is kinda eh.

PT has to be banned. Squirtle is amazing. Jigglypuff is also sick nasty still, so ban her. Also, wtf @ allowing Sheik.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Olimar is kinda eh.

PT has to be banned. Squirtle is amazing. Jigglypuff is also sick nasty still, so ban her. Also, wtf @ allowing Sheik.
Uhh no one can stop Olimar from shieldgrabbing except the good characters and we're banning them all. It's completely unfair if he's allowed.

and Sheik is fine, wtf is your problem with her?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If transforming into Zelda is banned, then I can see her sucking because all of her moves will get weak and she'll never kill you. Okay, she's fine then.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I will not be running teams of any sort. Maybe normal singles after Fawkhightier, but even that is sketchy at best.
Wtf is with you people hating teams so much? It's the best part of the game by far.

Whatever. Just let us run teams ourselves and you can just not play in it. Teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> normal singles, and I'm sure everyone else will agree. Give the people that are paying to enter what they want, dude.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You guys should have ZSS as banned in your low tier tourney. If you disagree I'll just have to prove you otherwise sometime....meh well I doubt any of you will use her anyway.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
yes zss really needs 2 be banned. N ban sheik to, kashif is 2 amazing with her fawk that

Keitaro

Whatever. Just let us run teams ourselves and you can just not play in it. Teams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> normal singles, and I'm sure everyone else will agree. Give the people that are paying to enter what they want, dude.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason why people don't care for teams after singles is cause they don't care for teams......as much as singles.

M2K said it himself if you don't remember.

mew2king said:
Melee singles > Brawl singles = Melee teams > Brawl teams > tic tac toe > RPS
So as stated before with agreement with PRiDE and ROT8, I'd definitely rather have Brawl singles after the low tier thing or nothing at all. I don't hate teams but I will not stay for teams after low tier.

Melee singles > Brawl singles > Melee low tier = Brawl low tier = Melee teams > Brawl teams

That's my list.

Eazy23 said:
yes zss really needs 2 be banned. N ban sheik to, kashif is 2 amazing with her fawk that
I would like ZSS banned but I don't care for Sheik. I'd love to do Falcon vs Sheik.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Sheik should be banned...in fairness i guess zamus should be banned too. and wtf teams > singles

singles = who can play the gayest in most matchups
teams = not singles

more people want teams, so uh...let's do teams lol.

Keitaro

Sheik should be banned...in fairness i guess zamus should be banned too. and wtf teams > singles

singles = who can play the gayest in most matchups
teams = not singles

more people want teams, so uh...let's do teams lol.
For singles: PRiDE, ROT8, Keitaro

For teams: Inui, YES!

That's all I see so far. If singles is willing to be ran I will do tio over my labtop and help whether ROT8 will stay or not.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure atomsk wants teams too so neener neener poo poo

edit: i mean it's no problem for me to do singles but um...we're already doing singles with the FHT tourney so uh...why do the same thing twice?

Keitaro

If we are going by pretty sure's then I'm pretty sure all 4 of my friends "Alex, Tyrell, Tyron, Morris" and even newer smashers "Lester, etc" all want singles.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
fine whatever. we'll do the same tourney twice.

edit: my friend is coming to host a poker tourney in the lounge if anyone's interested.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
Okay, we'll throw out Olimar and ZSS. Someone show me broken Sheik before we start and we can throw it out, too.

Wtf is with you people hating teams so much? It's the best part of the game by far.

Your argument really only works if you're paying before I tell you what you're entering. I can run whatever the hell I want and you'll know about it in advance; people can just not enter or not come if they don't like it. If it causes a massive decline in attendance, then it becomes something I should care about, and will deal with it appropriately. But until that happens I'm running singles. Deal with it.

Keitaro

Yes, very epic indeed.

It's not about running the same thing twice cause they are obviously different. It's about running the original plan and the formatted one plus if most people wanted/expected singles then I think it should be there regardless of day-before decisions.

If anything we can all just vote what we want after low tier singles. The higher vote gets priority but I'm pretty sure singles will win but who knows maybe teams will we'll see.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
For singles: Rutgers people that suck at teams and don't understand how easy and fast it is to just run teams first so we can have two events instead of one guaranteed.

For teams: Inui, Yehs, teh_spamerer, Atomsk, dmbrandon, Ether, Eazy, anyone that has a good partner(except Keitaro, who has an amazing partner but gets ***** in teams anyways).
Fixed your post, Keitaro.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Uh...no? ZSS should be banned because she can deal 100% on your first stock with her projectiles, camp like crazy with her side B, combo, and kill. All Sheik can do is combo and get lucky edgeguards.

Top Bottom