• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sheik vs most of the low tiers seems really lopsided. I don't see anything that Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and other characters with a lot of laggy stuff/easy to combo weight and gravity types can do to her in order to win.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Fixed your post, Keitaro.
Your biasedness doesn't work on anyone so I wonder why you use it when you post.

Please refrain from judging anyone's skill on the boards cause it sounds very arrogant and more than half the time is wrong.

I think we can just leave it as a vote for what to have after low tier singles cause ROT8, the freaking TOURNEY DIRECTOR, said a bunch of times that we are running low tier singles first so stop edging for teams first. Your like a broken record that's never going to be fixed.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Please refrain from judging anyone's skill on the boards cause it sounds very arrogant and more than half the time is wrong.
I'm arrogant and I'm better than all of you(besides Kashif, because he is gay). I'm not afraid to admit the former and I'm extremely confident in the latter. Bring it. :)

I also say stuff on purpose to provoke people because I'm a hateful person.

Keitaro

Your justifications for saying arrogant things don't make what you say sound any better but I guess it's a good mindset to have if you keep it to yourself. I just don't wanna: IE: beat you after you say your the best in the world then see you sad. That makes me sad too, really it does.

Time to practice my low tiers and watch Bombsoldier's Falco on youtube :bee:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're not going to ever beat me again unless you're at least ten times better than the last time I played you. Sorry. You might win in low tiers because I won't have Marth, but I'm not exactly fired up like crazy today.

Edit: Nvm, I can trip and lose.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Sheik vs most of the low tiers seems really lopsided. I don't see anything that Link, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and other characters with a lot of laggy stuff/easy to combo weight and gravity types can do to her in order to win.
Umm, anyone vs Ganon and Captain Falcon is lopsided and Link's awful recovery means that everyone can edgehog then bair him.

@everyone else - It doesn't matter how many times you beat Inui or people better than him. Before Brawl came out, according to Inui logic I was only "slightly better" than him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@everyone else - It doesn't matter how many times you beat Inui or people better than him. Before Brawl came out, according to Inui logic I was only "slightly better" than him.
No, you're much better than me at Melee. I said that quite some time ago before you did amazing stuff and back when I could beat you sometimes. Keitaro also doesn't beat people better than me in either game. In fact, I beat the people that beat him.

If Kirby is allowed and Eazy doesn't win, he should probably quit Kirby. Kirby is stupidly good. :( Kirby and PT have got to go.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Ganondorf
Samus
Single Ice Climber
Captain Falcon
Lucario
Ness
Sonic

That should be the allowed list. Sheik and Lucas are debatable imo, but I'd prefer they be banned. They seem a lot better than the characters listed already.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
chillindude829 said:
Top-
Metaknight
Snake
Dedede

High-
Falco
G&W
Pit
Luigi
Toon Link
Fox
Lucas
Marth

Upper-
Lucario
Ike
Zelda
R.O.B.
Wario
Pikachu
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Mew2King said:
God-

Metaknight

Top-

Snake
Falco (yes I'm very confident Falco should be here)
G&W
Pit (another super campy character that is really good if you play gay, only real weakness is his blue wings means he can't up B again)
DeDeDe

High-

Olimar
Toon Link
Fox
ROB
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Marth
Ike

Upper-

Donkey Kong
Lucas
Zero Suit Samus
Zelda
Sheik (I really don't feel she's much worse than Zelda at all)
Ice Climbers (if some infinites or long combos are mastered I'll put them higher)
Lucario
Wario
M3D said:
Top Performers-
Metaknight
Snake
G&W
R.O.B.
Dedede
Falco
Wolf

Tournament Regulars-
Marth
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Fox
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Ike
Pit
Wario
Olimar
Toon Link
Diddy Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Maybe this can help judge who should be banned or not?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Luigi above Marth? ROFLMAO! Mew2King has no idea how good Marth actually is. No clue at all.

Anyways, I got 1st in singles and teams today yet again. :)

Kashif was really hard to beat, and Atomsk's Mario scared me.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'ma stop ****xing around, kids.

Since rot8 is stopping this, I'm gonna try and pick it back up, but not without help.

I need people to bring setups next week.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The venue is going to be closed, dude. If you want to run a weekly thing, I could seriously just use my bedroom since my brother got kicked out of the house. XD

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The venue is going to be closed, dude. If you want to run a weekly thing, I could seriously just use my bedroom since my brother got kicked out of the house. XD
Too far out of the way for most people come from near me. We need to find a new venue.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
We can't use the Rutgers one because it won't be open during the summer. My place is not out of the way at all for a ton of people, and I'm actually close to a lot of Smashers. Kashif will be home during the summer, meaning he'll be near me and not at Rutgers. Etc.

That's the best I can come up with for a free venue we can use whenever we want.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no more rutgers weeklies? o man

wow i really need to get some weeklies goin on at drexel in place of these

Eazy23

Smash Lord
inui seriously we did 0 matches 2day wtf!!!!
dude we had so many matches planned out but o well we will get to play them out at some point.
Just be lucky we didn run into eachother son!

Ionizer

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ionizer
I have to say that was really fun. Me and my brother did as good as can be expected for our first tourney. See ya around the tourney scene, fellas.

EDIT: Did anyone else get caught in that hell-hole of a traffic jam on Route 18? I think we were stuck in that 4 mile stretch of road for like an hour. What was that all about?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui seriously we did 0 matches 2day wtf!!!!
dude we had so many matches planned out but o well we will get to play them out at some point.
Just be lucky we didn run into eachother son!
Gomen. :(

Come to Montage's tournament on the 17th and we'll be able to do anything you want. :)

Inui is finally having Palmer Inn tourneys again???

It's been ages...
I already had one. It's just renamed "Montage Presents <insert something>". My second one is on the 17th.

The top results for this one were...

1. Inui
2. teh_spamerer
3. Eazy
4. AAAA
5. Atomsk
5. ????
fjkchddskf I don't remember anything else.

1. Inui and Atomsk
2. dmbrandon and Ether
3. Yehs and AAAA
4. Dave and Steve
5. Ionizer and Ghost

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Your ears must have been full of spam. :(

I was the only one in winners regardless...suckas. Link is a hero. He hates you for ditching him, Kashif.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
if there is a split, it needs to be posted. If not it gives off the impression that you FLATOUT won the tournament, which didnt happen

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Well guys. I just wanted to say its been fun. But I am officially retiring from "competitive" brawl. I have been fooling around with "high" tier chars for a while now and I just can't get used to any of them. I don't have fun playing with anyone but Yoshi and unfortunately, and yes I am admitting it for the first time, Yoshi just isn't high tier. lololol.

It was fun! Nice meeting most of you and good luck in future weekly/tournaments.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Well guys. I just wanted to say its been fun. But I am officially retiring from "competitive" brawl. I have been fooling around with "high" tier chars for a while now and I just can't get used to any of them. I don't have fun playing with anyone but Yoshi and unfortunately, and yes I am admitting it for the first time, Yoshi just isn't high tier. lololol.

It was fun! Nice meeting most of you and good luck in future weekly/tournaments.
This honestly saddens me. /slaps hand.

I HOPE YOU STILL COME TO MESS AROUND SOMETIMESSSSS

_Yes!_

Smash Hero

It's brawl! you can get used to a character in 30 minutes! don't give up pride! just get over your hatred for space animals and you've got 3 more char's to use. the point of a fighting game is to master multiple char's to cover all bases and to make up for one char's weakness by using another...like rock paper scissors aka brawl. not everyone is metaknight so you gotta use more than just yoshi

Keitaro

No PriDE, NOOOOO!!

Honestly though, no one ever really quits that easy so I know I'll see you sometime even in summer.....hopefully :)

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
That sucks, Pride. But don't get discouraged! I've been placing horribly at these tournaments as Yoshi but I still intend to try later on! (At least, I'll be going to any tournaments in the next school year...)

If you want someone else to use, just try different characters more than once. Heck, I started Lucario as my secondary after a joke match against my friend.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well maybe something will be discovered like...i dunno yoshi dashing or something so pride can come back to the competitive scene. anyway...we need to have another actual weekly...where meta*** d3 and snake dominate once again...

Top Bottom