• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New FL Melee PRs?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
So basically the people that have guaranteed 6-10 spots (in no order yet) are (imo) Nicaboy, Skrach, and RockCrock, leaving only 2 spots left for alllllllllll these good people :( ugh this is so hard

Linguini

Smash Master
Hmm.....hbox is obviously 1st and I don't know how to make the decision between colin and shiz for 2/3 because shiz has usually beat colin in the past up until this tourney. 4th is me and plup is 5th.

6-10 require more detailed discussion. We need a chat room or something, posting everything on the boards is tedious. We also don't even have an official panel, so thats a problem lol

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I think Harriet should be strongly considered at least for the last two slots.

At WATO 13, he placed 5th, beating Seibrik, and losing to Colbol and Darksonic.
At NOOB 3, he placed 7th, beating Ballistics, Blea Gelo, and Spider Sense and losing to Colbol and Plup.

In case you guys want to see some results, here are some of the more recent tournaments in Florida (or involving Florida players):

NOOB 3
January 15th, 2011
Orlando, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295798

WATO 13.5
January 8th, 2011
Orlando, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295243

In Honor of the "The Flying Spaghetti Monster”
December 18th, 2010
Miami, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293882

WATO 13
December 11th, 2010
Orlando, FL
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293366

Revival of Melee 3
November 20th-21st, 2010
Nanuet, NY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292053

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
isnt the Gville tourney like.right around the corner? maybe after that tourney it could be easier to figure the bottom half?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
so its looking like potentialy(correct me if im wrong)

sfl- uberice blea gelo trikome

cfl- htg darksonic? toobz(in the near future)

nfl- no one

i feel im forgetting someone.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Emilio is right, we need an official board of panelists.

In my humble opinion, Top 5 include:

1.Hbox
2. Colbol
3. Shiz
4. Emilio
5. Plup

Diverse cast=awesome crews!

Top ten is too hard to determine at this time. We should wait till Moses' tournament to decide. Is south Florida going to be able to come to this?

We run the risk of having skewed PR's if they aren't able to attend. This is my only concern.

We should also assign PR's points (seeding points).

If I had to say top ten then it would be:
6. Skrach
7. Louis
8. NOOB 3 host
9. BIG SEXY aka LOUIS
10. Lou

Zoro

Smash Champion

My votes for bottom 5
6. Rockcrock
7.Nicaboy
8.Skrach
Rockcrock always does well out of state and like he has said before oos should be more heavily weighted. The last two spots i could put about 7 players in there lol thats the real tough part imo.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
we have had 4 tournaments to base stuff of off noob being the most important.

look it always gonna be hard as everyone keeps improving so lets say we wait right? then someone(insert name here) does really good for the first time then what? we wait agian?

no.

also in all honesty sfl was only able to travel to wato and noob thanks to david(a brawl player!)

im gonna make a detailed post as they way i see it now when i get home. its gonna be hard not gonna lie but imma put in my 2 cents and see how everyone feels. im gonna be mad honset too.

skrach8

Smash Lord
thats actually a really good start to the list

LOL at NICA. something about your post reminded me of a match we played. I tried to make a hard call out on your roll with a fully charged fsmash, but you did not take bait.

Your response:

"I'm Nicaboy goddamnit, you cant call me out like that, im no scrub....." or something to the effect of.

The **** was hilarious.

You then proceeded to lose the match.

PR's for the win!

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I think I can say that I speak for Harriet when i say he's not gonna waste HIS time arguing about why he should be on the PR.

He's just too good. Arguably the best fox in his highschool debate team.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol ya dude i remember that.

i was a little too happy at that time though lol.

your marth is really good but i got some tricks for you haha.

anyway ya so imma do it tonight after im done chilling with some friends. stay tuned :awesome:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
1)Hungrybox
2) Shiz
3) Colbol
4)Linguini
5)Plup
6)skarch/nicaboy
7)skarch/nicaboy
8)Rockcrock
9)Harriet the guy
10)Blea Gelo

Ok reasons

me and skarch man imma be upfront I just dont know. We both perfrom solid in local events and have both done well with the wato series. Its so hard I think me and him gotta play in the next tourney. we both perfrom similar vs the top 5(i woulnd be surprised if he does well vs colin) as well so he can argue it but i feel so can i. You get it

Rockcrock
This guy is a beast but lets not forget this is a FLORIDA PR which mean we are trying to see how he specificaly does in FLORIDA. He national results is why i feel he cant get knocked off this period but due to him only entering noob this time around and his perfromance there i feel is enough to knock him down a notch. Florida is really good vs ganon.

Htg
Ok kinda like rockcrock but he has done well in all the events he has entered. People keep talking like he cant be top 10 but htg is hands down one of the best FL players I ever played. He performs well outside of florida events but solid in florida which is why i feel 9th is good for him. He actualy might get 8th from rock now that i think about it.

Blea
ok htg and me beat him at noob but he has beaten me and esam last month. And has can beat a good amount of cfl too. He can also beat everyone in sfl mind you and has beaten skarch a while back too. Blea isnt getting the cridit he deserves. Imma put it to ya'll like this. BLEA CAN BEAT ALL OF SFL and MOST OF CFL(He can beat plup too btw i bet money on it).

Discuss

Honarable mentions
Dark sonic (good perfromance overall with a notable win on htg)
Trikome(so close man good perfromance on skarch and me and win on rockcrock )
Toobz(for a great perfromance at noob wins on rockcrock and others)

EDIT
Uberice is like shiz good but he hasnt came off strong like him and he is generaly really inactive so until he becomes more active i dont feel he should be on. :(
he is easily top 10 though when he is on point

Zoro

Smash Champion
1)Hungrybox
2) Shiz
3) Colbol
4)Linguini
5)Plup
6)skarch/nicaboy
7)skarch/nicaboy
8)Rockcrock
9)Harriet the guy
10)Blea Gelo

I like this list except i think one bad tourney for rock shouldnt put him so low...this is rockcrock we talkin bout..just my opinion though. I got beat by blea so if people put him on there...it would make me feel better lol. noob was a good tourney to have a nice bracket you felt comfortable with. Harriet i think had a easier bracket than most the only other guy considered top 10 or that area was blea. Please look at spider's bracket...

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Please look at spider's bracket...
Or mine >.> just sayin'.

But otherwise, I agree w/ Nicaboy (except for RockCrock at 8th; see TO6). Some solid arguments being done on his part and I'm really excited to see what others think about Dale's list

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
This guy is a beast but lets not forget this is a FLORIDA PR which mean we are trying to see how he specificaly does in FLORIDA. He national results is why i feel he cant get knocked off this period but due to him only entering noob this time around and his perfromance there i feel is enough to knock him down a notch. Florida is really good vs ganon.
I don't think that just because this is a Florida PR means that we only include Florida performance. I'm pretty the Florida part just means that we live in Florida, not that we are trying to see how people do in Florida. I think your argument here is invalid.

For the rest of it though I think you've got it more or less. I'd probably put Rockcrock above you and Skrach, and HtG 9th (like you have). The last place is a big toss up, but I do think Blea Gelo is a strong candidate for this position.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
0. Me and Scibyadle

This is just a projection of the future, I think Colin has stepped up over Shiz SLIGHTLY because of how far he has pushed his character and how good he has gotten. If Bronson still played I feel he would be better than Colin.

1. HBox
2. Col Bol
3. Shiz
4. Linguini
5. RockCrock
6. Plup
7. UberIce
8. HarrietTheGuy
9. Skrach
10. Nicaboy

Also, if this is ranking how good people are. It shouldn't matter if youre "inactive" or don't travel much.

If you're top 10 youre top 10, if you can go to a tournament and **** face as hard as Shiz does without playing then he deserves to keep the top 3 spot.

Same goes for UI, I think he's DEFF top 10 with how well he performs at most tournaments.

Josh places extremely well almost every tournament he attends.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
PRs measures how good you are, not how active you are (imo)

no offense kevin (or dennis) but Plup is almost definitely #5, he's lost ONLY to top 4 players for the last like 10 tourneys lol

my very rough new list would look something like:

1-5. already stated
6. Rock
7. UberIce
8. Nicaboy/Skrach
9. Nicaboy/Skrach
10. Harriet

we still need to get an AIM chat room going or something one of these days lol (Me, Hbox, Linguini, Rock, Nicaboy)

Zoro

Smash Champion
PRs measures how good you are, not how active you are (imo)

no offense kevin (or dennis) but Plup is almost definitely #5, he's lost ONLY to top 4 players for the last like 10 tourneys lol

my very rough new list would look something like:

1-5. already stated
6. Rock
7. UberIce
8. Nicaboy/Skrach
9. Nicaboy/Skrach
10. Harriet

we still need to get an AIM chat room going or something one of these days lol (Me, Hbox, Linguini, Rock, Nicaboy)
I don't see how going to one tournament a year and getting 13th makes you 7th on the PRs.
Nica and skrach do better on a consistent basis.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
UberIce has been going to plenty of tournaments recently. CEO, T06, Noob2, Noob3 just off the top of my head

Otherwise agreed w/ 7-9 being Uber, Nica and Skrach. Those are the really tough ones to guage

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Rock's And UI's high placing on my list are because of their history of being very good players, but they have been slipping recently (UberIce beats DarkRain, then loses to F-0; Rock usually performs decently OOS i.e. what 13th at ROM3? but then loses to Toobz and Trikrome). If they don't redeem themselves soon they will be knocked down on future lists.

Zoro

Smash Champion
ah i didnt know he went to TO6 i havent seen him since florida gaming
also im biased against doubles i dont think it says much about a players individual skills
thats just my opinion since im bad at doubles lol
I still think UI should be lower than nica and skrach but stiil on it

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
UberIce and Rock can go either way for 6/7 to be honest.

Its tough to call who really is better

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I agree w/ Zoro on the team's placing. As much as I would LOVE a team's PR, it's not reasonable. Husband and Wife got top 3 at many events together, but did not always do spectacularly in singles. They were good players, but their forte was teams.

Linguini

Smash Master
I haven't been on AIM in years but i'm down to chat it up tonight since i'm not doing much.

Official Panelists have been decided: Colin, Myself, Juan, Nicaboy, Rock.

my aim is ostrichfreak102 hit me uppppp, i'll be on from like 12---> veddy late

SheerMadness

Smash Master
ESAM should not be on anyones list.

He's been to like 1-2 SFL melee tourneys since brawl came out...

Yes I'm sure he's still good, but that doesn't matter.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Oh nice.

I'm nicaboy45. I will get on at 12 then too if you guys wanna talk about it. Tonight is a good night for me to talk.

Hmm intresting.

Oh btw teams and singles are way difffrent. Although good single players tend to be good in doubles too.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
0. Me and Scibyadle

This is just a projection of the future, I think Colin has stepped up over Shiz SLIGHTLY because of how far he has pushed his character and how good he has gotten. If Bronson still played I feel he would be better than Colin.

1. HBox
2. Col Bol
3. Shiz
4. Linguini
5. RockCrock
6. Plup
7. UberIce
8. HarrietTheGuy
9. Skrach
10. Nicaboy

Also, if this is ranking how good people are. It shouldn't matter if youre "inactive" or don't travel much.

If you're top 10 youre top 10, if you can go to a tournament and **** face as hard as Shiz does without playing then he deserves to keep the top 3 spot.

Same goes for UI, I think he's DEFF top 10 with how well he performs at most tournaments.

Josh places extremely well almost every tournament he attends.
This

10ofthese

nicaboy

Smash Champion
k juan imma add you whenever i decide to get on. i can talk about stuff on sunday. imma be busy the next couple of days.

colbol lol na son rock doesnt have to redem ****. we all know rock is still good but with all do respect my boy eli beat him legit. he trains with jason and emillio's ganon only natrual he beat another good ganon. although toobz was like a wtf? good shee toobz :). oh and for the record i slipped up at t06(eh kinda)and ceo(didnt play sheik much). got whacked out t06 man.

me and emillio talked about it 2 nights ago. our list arent that much diffremt from colin's and juan's.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I was more usig to6 to defend RockCrock's position than challenge yours.

However CEO was no excuse; stop sand-bagging big tournaments!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I was trying to point out the fact that i have slipped up as well is all.

And ya dude Im not about bull**** no more :).

rock is gonna be fine fyi he is probably like still 6 best for now.

Top Bottom