• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Generation of Links (Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I just think it's funny how much everyone bickers over AiB vs SWF when this is Link we're talking about.
Hi buzz, you know there is no triforce of awesome, right?

I also think its funny how the SWFers thinks that all the hyrulians are evil scum that didnt tried to develop links metagame.

btw straked pretty much pinned it down, we had constructed a way of doing things, and then the mods, (actually not buzz only, buzz just had the wrong attitude) came and locked everything.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Aww, how depressing.

Here I thought all you Link "mains", alts, guys who played Link once before realizing he sucked, whatever, were going to spearhead some sort of new community of Link players that would forge a new metagame for Link.

I really figured the "New Generation" would be a horde of passionate Link mains, eager to re-establish the perspective of Link as a whole, and re-invent the metagame and blossom into a second Link community. Sadly, I browse the threads now to find various random Link "alts" and three, maybe four half-dead match-up discussion threads? I haven't seen the same name posting on any two threads in this section so far.

Such a sad spectacle, the Link boards these days. I remember first joining SWF, and loving every bit of the Link community, the discussions and ways things were done. Almost as if SWF was some sort of utopia. Now looking back at what this place has become, it's like looking at the ruins of an ancient civilization.

You know something great once thrived here, and now all that remains are broken bits and pieces of a legacy that met an unfortunate end.

Well, here in SWF anyways.
*Turns and walks back to AiB*

Swordplay

Smash Lord
A. There may be no tri-force of awesome but I do admire the avi.

B. Only reason I ever come to SWF any more is for the B+ community

C. We tried to develop Links metagame. But nobody would work with us and just wrote him off as bad (which he is). Couldn't do it by ourselves

D. Only reason I am posting here is because I noticed Wafflez posted here.

E. My wii is broken. Sakurai hates me. Nintendo hates me. I have been depressed for the last 2 months. I need a vacation from this nonsense.

F. No need to start another SWF v AIB war. We all know who is better anyway.

Crow!

Smash Lord
As of now, we should turn this into a "Keep these boards alive" thread.

From now on, I'm gonna help you guys out in maintaining your boards. We need people to post, and a new backroom if the old one is inactive.
Back room? Did we used to have a back room?

Wait.. does ANY character have a back room?

Ashtten

Smash Journeyman
Activity or no activity... Link still has a looooooooooooong way to go before becoming a viable threat in the competitive community...
Link will never be a viable threat in the competitive community . . . . . . . . . >_>

considering Deva's basically the only competitive player whose Link can even be considered a viable threat in the competitive community xD

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Aww, how depressing.

Here I thought all you Link "mains", alts, guys who played Link once before realizing he sucked, whatever, were going to spearhead some sort of new community of Link players that would forge a new metagame for Link.

I really figured the "New Generation" would be a horde of passionate Link mains, eager to re-establish the perspective of Link as a whole, and re-invent the metagame and blossom into a second Link community. Sadly, I browse the threads now to find various random Link "alts" and three, maybe four half-dead match-up discussion threads? I haven't seen the same name posting on any two threads in this section so far.

Such a sad spectacle, the Link boards these days. I remember first joining SWF, and loving every bit of the Link community, the discussions and ways things were done. Almost as if SWF was some sort of utopia. Now looking back at what this place has become, it's like looking at the ruins of an ancient civilization.

You know something great once thrived here, and now all that remains are broken bits and pieces of a legacy that met an unfortunate end.

Well, here in SWF anyways.
*Turns and walks back to AiB*
Now, I don't think any of the people who tried/are trying to help the Link boards expect that we are going to somehow create a new version of his metagame from the fragments that were left behind. Also, not to try to make this an excuse, but whether you are aware of this or not, certain AiB'rs tell every single new Link main to go to AiB, as if they want this place to be dead forever.

How can we have passionate Link mainers when they're all gone? They just don't appear, you guys [AiB] are really the only ones. I thought that maybe I could help when this first happened, but after a while I realized this would never work without good Link mainers, like you guys over at AiB. Honestly, we here are attempting to pick up some pieces left of this place and try to put it back together, so maybe someday actual Link mains will actually share thier knowledge and talk to eachother like it once was.

I'm personally dissapointed that things turned out like this, but what can I do? Nothing, really. It's sad, but you can't disagree with the fact that you're just saying, "Wow...look how we left this place."

For me, "rebuilding" the Link boards is like rebuilding homes at some nuclear bomb site. You can make the houses and make them sturdy, but no one wants to move in because of all the negativity associated with the place.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I got a good giggle out of the last few posts... x]

Anywhoo, umm... yeah. I don't really get the who AiB vs SWF thingy. Well, I do, but frankly I don't care. I don't use forums very frequently to begin with; Linkers learn more from me via chat than anything else.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm trying to do my part and rebuild the match-up thread. After that it's just up to me to improve my Link.

Regardless if AiB has better Link mains or if the mods "hate" us, I'm going to do my part for the other Link mains and the soon to be Link mains in the future.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ashtten and Buzzy negativity surrounds the place.
Haven't even seen Ashtten around here in ages. Also they aren't Lucario, they have no Aura to leave behind.

You live in Orem, Utah? I'm going to drive down there and burn your eyebrows off your face.
Aww, come on Buzz. Calm down and don't stoop lower then them....

This threads starting to get out of hand - not for its purpose, and frankly I see an AiB vs SWF thing going to start.

---Snip Thread Here---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom