• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Generation of Links (Group)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
^ lol, such a bad pun (i seriously dont know the meaning of that word)

im not really swayed by what had happened here, it's just people infracting the rules of SWF, and them not being able to cope with it D:

i just want a fully supportive community further boosting links meta-game and getting him out of G Tier >_>

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
^ lol, such a bad pun (i seriously dont know the meaning of that word)
You mean 'pun'?

A pun is a short comment which makes humour out of a simplistic play on words. It can play off homophony (distinct words that are pronounced the same), or more generally, a double-meaning.

I say 'simplistic' because a pun is supposed to be absolutely transparent in the joke. If the humour lies in a double-meaning but is wrapped in layers of references that a general person won't know, it's too sophisticated to be a pun. It would be.... well, something else.

Oddly, puns aren't criticized because they're "low-brow" in this sense, exactly. They're rather ridiculed simply because they're too easy to devise. Or rather, ones that are easy to devise - a crime in humour of which it is mostly puns that are guilty - are criticized.

Thus explaining why you had the urge to attach those 'lol's to your post and apologize.
I think it was clever though. But it failed a bit since the connection of the surface meaning to our situation is a stretch.

Deva

Smash Lord
I like how this entire thread is a conversation between two people xD. It usually helps the metagame more to converse with more than 3 people.

galekill

Banned via Administration
lolbuzz said:
I defy you to cite an actual instance of this.

You guys need to seriously just GTFO. Again, you guys hang around SWF quite a bit for having "left" and "moved to AiB". You're welcome to "come back" to SWF if you want, but I will start handing out infractions if your primary focus is to return only to mock the other Link players who are working to fill the gap here.
I would prefer to fill the gap with vacuum.

Knulla era Jävla soffor Kukskallar till horer.

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
.... lucky for you nobody here is from sweden. too bad i still understand what your saying. -_-

and btw stop talking like this thread is to improve Links metagame, it's for conversation about the group.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
This story really matches this situation well sorta, it an old story but it gets its point through

A Countryman's son by accident trod upon a Serpent's tail, which turned and bit him so that he died. The father in a rage got his axe, and pursuing the Serpent, cut off part of its tail. So the Serpent in revenge began stinging several of the Farmer's
cattle and caused him severe loss. Well, the Farmer thought it best to make it up with the Serpent, and brought food and honey to the mouth of its lair, and said to it: "Let's forget and forgive; perhaps you were right to punish my son, and take vengeance on my cattle, but surely I was right in trying to revenge him; now that
we are both satisfied why should not we be friends again?"

"No, no," said the Serpent; "take away your gifts; you can never forget the death of your son, nor I the loss of my tail."

Injuries may be forgiven, but not forgotten (Aesop)

Deva

Smash Lord
.... lucky for you nobody here is from sweden. too bad i still understand what your saying. -_-

and btw stop talking like this thread is to improve Links metagame, it's for conversation about the group.

The thread's original intent was to have the "new generation of Links" fill the gap left by the others and improve as a community of Link players. That, for the most part, focuses on the metagame.

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
I've been doing alot of thinking and talking lately, i have been thinking "why am i staying here," "why don't i forget about it and move to AiB? im sooner or later going to start hanging behind, my skills will be outdated" i don't care about this site or trying to repair this. this is all about gameplay right? we're going to play much better in the future if we join the AiB boards. i know why the other Links moved. i don't know why we are staying. won't we learn more at AiB? we gain nothing for staying here, we don't get respect, the other Links are laughing at us, the rest of SWF don't really care. also im doing this to help you and because i think it's the best to do.

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
I've been doing alot of thinking and talking lately, i have been thinking "why am i staying here," "why don't i forget about it and move to AiB? im sooner or later going to start hanging behind, my skills will be outdated" i don't care about this site or trying to repair this. this is all about gameplay right? we're going to play much better in the future if we join the AiB boards. i know why the other Links moved. i don't know why we are staying. won't we learn more at AiB? we gain nothing for staying here, we don't get respect, the other Links are laughing at us, the rest of SWF don't really care. also im doing this to help you and because i think it's the best to do.
We already got this far!!! Don't back out now! C'mon Chris!!!

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Look, I don't know what your reason was for being such a fervent poster on SWF, but let me tell you why I came back again.

Firstly, understand that I am one of the "Old Gen." I'm not an especially good main, and I'm not exactly smart in regards to techniques and strategies, but I wanted to help and give knowledge wherever possible.

What does this mean for you Chris? I think it means a couple of things:
1) Go to AiB to learn the tourney level playing and AT's, as well as any other techniques and strategies.
2) Bring those arguments back here, because a large majority of non-Link mainers use this site over AiB. Discuss character match ups, avoiding gimps, etc. here, where you can learn and discuss with the rest of the Smash community, and not only the isolated AiB Link Boards. There's only so much you can learn over there; even their match-up discussions tend to end up on the other character boards here.

As long as there's someone here to discuss things with, I'll be here, as well as on AiB.

ShadowCosmos

Smash Cadet
Wow the atmosphere of the Link boards has changed significantly O.o

Does anyone have a general census of the remaining link's yet?

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
okay, guys if you don't want to give up on this, then atleast um... post on both sites. it'll be worth it i promise, i learned alot of new stuff just by visiting the site once

Deva

Smash Lord
I honestly coudn't understand what you just wrote, could you explain it a bit more clearly?

chris the brawler

Smash Ace
Are we really? In all honesty, we're rooting for these boards to progress and see how they fare. Keep on keeping on, newcomer :)
thats nice to hear, but sasook told me so. i think...

I don't wanna! I want to see how the New Links can contribute.

Edit: Smash Journeyman FTW!
you can still do that, the only difference will be that you won't suck.

Oh whoops, rofl, didnt notice there was another page. I was referring to this post. I didn't quite understand what you were saying here.
lulz, well what i was thinking is that this thread is for discussion about what the group should do to keep the boards active and stuff like that. and then we use the other threads like the matchup discussion, to keep up with Links metagame.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
As of now, we should turn this into a "Keep these boards alive" thread.

From now on, I'm gonna help you guys out in maintaining your boards. We need people to post, and a new backroom if the old one is inactive.

SuSa

As of now, we should turn this into a "Keep these boards alive" thread.

From now on, I'm gonna help you guys out in maintaining your boards. We need people to post, and a new backroom if the old one is inactive.
They don't this thread to be anything. This thread would be useless, why have 1 single thread thats alive? Rather then posting in this thread, make new discoveries.

I don't even have Brawl right now (or my wii) and could probably think of things to test that were never tested, because I can invision this entire game in my head down to most of the physics and frames. I can run a play-by-play game in my head and think of ways to punish, setup, etc.

If you're willing to work with me, I can help bring this board back to life. But you're doing what I hate, and starting from scratch. That's not efficient or effective.

Incurable_Necrophile

Smash Apprentice
They don't this thread to be anything. This thread would be useless, why have 1 single thread thats alive? Rather then posting in this thread, make new discoveries.

I don't even have Brawl right now (or my wii) and could probably think of things to test that were never tested, because I can invision this entire game in my head down to most of the physics and frames. I can run a play-by-play game in my head and think of ways to punish, setup, etc.

If you're willing to work with me, I can help bring this board back to life. But you're doing what I hate, and starting from scratch. That's not efficient or effective.
Havokk, you traitor, don't help them here, make them go where the rest of the Link mains are.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Havokk, you traitor, don't help them here, make them go where the rest of the Link mains are.

You do seem to know what you are doing. I'm new to Link and new to the boards. But I do posses certain things like common sense that help me clean up, and start up boards. I would be more than happy to help you.

I apologize for the mistake. First, I think we need a compendium of threads. A reference/index for things like ATs, basic knowledge, and helpful tips. That usually gets things organized.

Then I think we can start finding things. Everything that the old generation of links have found will be in front of our eyes, and with hyperlinks to discussions and threads about them.
With that we easily know what is found, what hasn't been found, and what needs to built upon.

SuSa

If you have a dispute, take it up via PM.

1) I am not a traitor, I was never really with the old generation. More of an outcast of them.

2) No.

You do seem to know what you are doing. I'm new to Link and new to the boards. But I do posses certain things like common sense that help me clean up, and start up boards. I would be more than happy to help you.

I apologize for the mistake. First, I think we need a compendium of threads. A reference/index for things like ATs, basic knowledge, and helpful tips. That usually gets things organized.

Then I think we can start finding things. Everything that the old generation of links have found will be in front of our eyes, and with hyperlinks to discussions and threads about them.
With that we easily know what is found, what hasn't been found, and what needs to built upon.
I'll go get my old compendium and tidy it up, remove the threads that are no longer around, etc. It will save a lot of time and effort.

You'll be receiving an invite to a group soon, and possibly a PM.

IXGameOverXI

Smash Rookie
i dont no about all this all i no is i main link and am not very good so can someone help me :)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Sure. Make sure to read this guide, it is very in depth. It's a lot to take in, but just take it in slowly...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194177

If you have questions after all of that, feel free to ask questions in the Q&A Thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220108

After you feel you have a good foundation, feel free to contribute to matchup threads etc, they should be easy to find. If you have any questions, just ask any active members of this board, they will be able to answer your questions and help you. Oh, and remember to introduce yourself! It isn't mandatory, but it won't hurt.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201082

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
In actual reality: The AiB boards are full of air. There isn't that much activity there.

Random note: I main Link (isn't it amazing?)

Deva

Smash Lord
it's a hella lot more activity than swf -_-

At least for me I dont find many threads worth posting on at swf. There's a lot of data/ informational threads, but the ones regarding new tactics/ strategies/ metagame in general, havent really caught my eye as worth posting in, at least not yet. Then again it's probably due to the inactivity.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
it's a hella lot more activity than swf -_-

At least for me I dont find many threads worth posting on at swf. There's a lot of data/ informational threads, but the ones regarding new tactics/ strategies/ metagame in general, havent really caught my eye as worth posting in, at least not yet. Then again it's probably due to the inactivity.
Well of course it's more active than here...

With your other part, I can agree. This community really haven't gone far > >

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Activity or no activity... Link still has a looooooooooooong way to go before becoming a viable threat in the competitive community...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They prefer All is Brawl because they can get so much more done. You limit their desire to spam in one thread, and have serious discussion in many others.

The way they think of it: "We'll go to whatever site, just as long as Buzz has no power."
You single handedly destroyed every Link main on SWF.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
That's not the way I think of things. I think of things as "It'll be lonely." I have respect for moderation. I've gotten infractions and I understand why I got them. I understand why threads were closed. They were, in fact, against the SWF rules. So Buzz, I think, is a pretty cool guy, closes the harmful (but fun) threads, and doesn't afraid of anything.

I'm not a kiss up :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom