• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sounds good recording peoples. Also, just so you guys know, my mom is providing chicken salad on top of some kind of rolls, and I've got Oreos and Cheez-its too. You can bring whatever you want, but trust me, there's a lot of what I just mentioned. We will need drinks though, unless you're all OK with milk and water.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Neil do you want to know how we could possibly achieve a "utopian" society? By abolishing organized religion.

Those of you who are religious (I would assume) have yet to watch Religulous. Of course, that is to be expected, but honestly: what harm could it possibly do? The most it could do is show you how truly evil organized religion is.

Organized religion =/= faith

Don't confuse the two. Do you really need an aged and dated book that was written and devised by humans to tell you how killing and stealing are bad? I would hope not.

@Erich- why don't you think humans will be capable of achieving a utopian society? Why don't you think we'll ever achieve immortality or end world hunger? These aren't very monumental tasks. Immortality isn't necessarily being invincible, it just means your body can't kill itself through decay. Did you know that the human body isn't even programmed to die? It's just wear and tear of the parts (heart, brain, lungs, etc.) that actually kills us. Dying from natural causes doesn't mean "his soul decided it was time to go" it's actually something more along the lines of heart attack/failure, the brain ceasing to function, or other not so natural causes. What does this information mean to you? 'Cause to me, that means a lot. For one, immortality is easily achievable, and if it means "god" meant for humanity to create "heaven on earth" then so be it.

The way things look, immortality or the building blocks thereof will be achieved by humanity within the next 50 years, IF we don't happen to kill ourselves off first. I think it's awfully pessimistic of you to think so little of humanity. Again, are all religious people like this? Even if you don't think it's possible, what harm can be done by trying? Being immortal isn't playing "god" or disobeying nature. If there's a way to accomplish something, and it doesn't utterly annihilate the universe when you do it, how could it possibly be against nature?

Let's hear your side of the story.

I don't know what it is, or why it must be this way, but nine times out of ten (this isn't a real statistic, it's just another phrase for saying 'more often than not') the religious people of this world have generally pessimistic views on life and exactly what humanity is capable of achieving. Humanity creating genetically perfect humans or "porting" our sentience into other capable vessels is always seen as obscene or going against nature, but why? If there's a way to accomplish it, who's to say that it hasn't already randomly occurred somewhere else in nature, or that it wasn't meant to be there for the taking in the first place? (both explanations NOT requiring the negation of "god" or any other religious entities)

I'd love to speak with everyone here about these subjects, regardless if you agree with me or not. Maybe you can just talk to me and explain your views without storming off and disappearing from the boards for a month this time, Erich.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Also, I have glasses now. I guess this is what it feels like to see.
I just got glasses last week too. it's weird I know :ohwell: i don't like wearing it not because i'm like the definition of a nerd or because it hinders my social life, but because it's a change.

Neal ur dum.
wtfomghax Y??

Erich and Dekar: I love talking about this stuff too. We can do that during my math session :):):) but anyways, my only input is this: A legend already touched my heart and he summed it up rather well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

Dekar173

Justice Man
I just got glasses last week too. it's weird I know :ohwell: i don't like wearing it not because i'm like the definition of a nerd or because it hinders my social life, but because it's a change.

wtfomghax Y??

Erich and Dekar: I love talking about this stuff too. We can do that during my math session :):):) but anyways, my only input is this: A legend already touched my heart and he summed it up rather well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7qaSxuZUg

Assuming multiverse theory is correct (which most physicists/prominent members of the science world already do) there are millions, billions, trillions, quadrillions, (or even Treefunction^googolplex) number of universes exactly like the one mentioned by John Lennon.

Ours just isn't one of them, yet.

Realistically, for humanity to progress and remain healthy, organized religion needs to be rid of. Not "greater powers" or anything of the like, just religions like Christianity, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam, etc.

I work in number theory (AKA patterns) so hopefully you like what I'm going to show you.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Assuming multiverse theory is correct (which most physicists/prominent members of the science world already do) there are millions, billions, trillions, quadrillions, (or even Treefunction^googolplex) number of universes exactly like the one mentioned by John Lennon.

Ours just isn't one of them, yet.

Realistically, for humanity to progress and remain healthy, organized religion needs to be rid of. Not "greater powers" or anything of the like, just religions like Christianity, Scientology, Mormonism, Islam, etc.

I work in number theory (AKA patterns) so hopefully you like what I'm going to show you.
Imagine fits your description perfectly Dekar - "imagine if there was no religion" or "imagine no possessions" or "imagine if there were no countries." Besides his role as a peace activitist, John Lennon didn't just send an antiwar message, he sung about a utopia.
But anyways, yes, I completely agree with multiverse theory, but from a physical standpoint, doesn't multiverse theory assume the four dimensional space-time model? If my assumption is correct (I really don't know if I'm right or wrong on this one), then this refers to the video of "the tenth dimension," in which different universes represent different dimensions.
Anyways, I agree with your standpoints on organized religion. Faith is fine, but certain aspects of organized religion is counterintuitive - their modus operandi scares me. Maybe I'll spy on the Vatican Church someday for a deeper understanding (I haven't watched Religulous yet)

As for your expertise in number theory, I'm glad to hear that. When I entered the UNM/PNM math contest, I got ***** because those kinds of contests doesn't test for conceptual analysis - those contests usually question about number theory. What do you plan to show me?

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
btw, I meant bringing camera to tourney Saturday. I will not be at Erich's because I'm in ****ing Socorro.

I suppose I can respond to Dekar. I don't think organized religion is problematic. I think people are problematic, because people are generally either moronic, immoral, or both. No one likes helping other people when it's outside their comfort zone. Since the sixties, no one wants to protest if it means leaving their house (which is probably why I see so many people standing for their beliefs by joining Facebook groups). People love to hate other people. No one wants to work to help other people. Almost everyone ****ing loves to be ignorant and act on it. In short, people are disgusting and either don't care or don't think so.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Neil, the UNM/PNM math contest is based upon understanding of all math, being good at number theory is literally being good at patterns. If you can't understand where there's a pattern and how to derive something from it, you're not good at patterns and hence, not very good at math.

Memorizing and spewing out facts =/= math

Memorizing and spewing out facts = most medical work

work =/= research

top doctors do research, top anythings do research really. Your better be up there some day for how much you talk about your passion for medicine ;)

@tekkie- eh? Dumb people have always existed, and will continue to for a long time. But without religion telling them (or rather, the common misconception that it tells them) "sin all you want, you're meant to be sinful, it's how you were designed, just so long as you apologize to jesus for it you'll be fine!" the world would be a much, much better place.

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
Man, I remember that UNM math contest thing. The first round was for the lulz, then at state only the top two or three get anything. At least it was good for resume padding.

I still have the shirt. It's hilarious because all the names of the competitors are Asian.

@Dekar: @tekkie- "sin all you want, you're meant to be sinful, it's how you were designed, just so long as you apologize to jesus for it you'll be fine!" is an obnoxiously bad distortion. If people are too moronic to understand how their own religion is supposed to function, then I wouldn't blame that on the religion itself.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Man, I remember that UNM math contest thing. The first round was for the lulz, then at state only the top two or three get anything. At least it was good for resume padding.

I still have the shirt. It's hilarious because all the names of the competitors are Asian.

@Dekar: @tekkie- "sin all you want, you're meant to be sinful, it's how you were designed, just so long as you apologize to jesus for it you'll be fine!" is an obnoxiously bad distortion. If people are too moronic to understand how their own religion is supposed to function, then I wouldn't blame that on the religion itself.

Well, Christianity has about 123908132901283912 different individual churches/doctrines. It can only be expected that some ideas are going to be skewed.

I have yet to meet any Christians who DON'T believe that humans are inherently sinful and unrighteous, and that's just Christianity. There are problems with EVERY religion.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Any thing anywhere close to a utopian anything can never be achieved because it is a matter of perspective. End of discussion.

A **** for all of you with one sentence. I recommend you put it in your mouths.

tw1n

Smash Champion
BTW Casey, you need to come over sometime so that we can talk about REAL calculus. I'm so bored in that class - he just mutters about differential and integral calculus the entire period and he never talks about anything interesting.
we need to have a math session :) you are a math major, right? I'll invite daniel breen and we can talk about physics too!!
Sheesh. Leave out the twin who has taken all 3 levels of calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra (sadly no it is not even close to algebra)

Religion and humanity are topics no one will ever agree on in my opinion. 95% of the world believe in a greater being a a majority of those practice their religion without any open mindedness to other faiths and beliefs. The pope stated that catholisism is the only righ religion and all others will send you to hell. Islams believe the exact same just that theirs is right. If that be so then EVERYONE will be burning in hell for not following all religions and none at the same time.

I believe in god. I am a man of faith. But I do not go to church anymore, and I do not listen to the radical preachers that sometimes walk around UNM. I do not believe how religion is practiced. I've been told that God will strike me down for this but he has yet to do so.

I just find it depressing that mankind has come to the point that a pastor will tell a boy in a wheelchair that he will burn in hell due to the fact that he is disabled. They will also go and tell the rich family that does pay tithing that they are guaranteed a safe passage through the golden gates.

Anyone who knows anything about human nature is this. People want 2 things. 1) Their own self gain. 2) Satisfaction to know that they will still "be alive" after death. This may not have always been the case, and I really do get happy when I see someone who truly does not care for either of those. I hope that someday mankind will stop tese stupid acts and try to better themselves and the planet. A utopia is impossible in this current world, but maybe in the future the world may be at peace.

Till such time all I know is this... I shall beat Neils fox with Puff tomorrow :laugh: I asked Kyle to grab some long johns for tomorrow (that includes a ton of crumbs for you Davis), I just hope he grabs them. See you all then =D Expect us close to noon k.

@Davis - Didn't recognize the sarcasm lol. Its kinda hard to read it without hearing the voice to go with it. See you tomorrow I hope =D

@Dekar - What level school are you in?

Dekar173

Justice Man
@David- I'm off this semester just doing tutoring ;) but I've got my thesis statement written for my math degree, just minus the millions of hours of credits I need to take in order to become a teacher. I took 393 with Dr. Nakamaye freshman year, and from there have been taking pishposh classes waiting to take independent studies/Fourier analysis (offered every fourth semester from what I understand).

Btw, advanced calculus isn't 1 2 or 3, it's just that, "advanced" calculus =P I've got a book for it if you'd want to borrow it, then again with engineering programs today it's by no means necessary.

@Davis- what about genetically engineered babies designed to be happy? Or AI coming to fruition? Or the achievement of "hivemind" ?

We're a level 1 sentience right now, level 2 is just on the horizon. Too many people think with too much negativity without even having been exposed to up and coming ideas of our age.

Foundation, if you're not gonna read that then

Ender's Game (the whole series)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
@Davis: Yes I did grab TONS of crumbs and a grip of chicken and fish for everyone. Dig in Davis.

@Davis: Sorry bro I was just in a really s***** mood this morning given everything thats been goign on recently. My apologies and no hard feelings.

@Erich: Do we get to choose what 6 words we cut out of our vocabulary? Because if that's the case, I will refuse to say the name "Neil". I swear that must be how the kid gets his strength! He's like Vincents final weapon in Final Fantasy VII (Death Penalty). The more you kill with it the stronger it gets. In this case the more we say his name ("D*mn it Neil!" "Neil you scream like a girl!" "Neil stop killing me!" "Oh Neil you're so cool" <--- that one usually comes from him), he gets stronger at melee and grows a fraction of an inch in height. Have you seen the kid recently!? He's almost as tall as I am and I'm 6'0!!! I say we ban his name at the fest so he will stop growing :p other then that I won't say **** **** ***** ****** and *******. But I'll still say **** because it's the **** :p

@Religious/Utopian/Intellectual conversation:
I have in fact seen most of Religulous. At first I didn't care for it but by the end I thought it was very insiteful and hilarious despite my strong faith. But I will have to go with what my brother said on this one. And it's a sad fact, but more people have been killed in the name of God then for any other reason. And I'm sure that bothers the Lord as much as it does us. But as long as that kees happening, a peaceful perfect world cannot exist. As Bill Mahar said in Religulous (roughly, this is from memory): "Every religion says their's is the one that will get you into Heaven. I'm waiting to go up to the gates and have St. Peter tell me 'Nope you practiced the wrong one, have fun in Hell.' It's like playing the lotto."
Perhaps if there was one unified faith it could work, but still most likely not. Or if everyone would just listen to George Carlin and "Keep thy religion to thy self" things could go a little better. But in my opinion, again as David said, as the world is now a Utopia is impossible. In the future it may be. But humans free will will always prevent that because of narcissistic malcontent and straight up bad people wanting everything for themselves.

To add to this, if people actually did what their religions told them to, the world would also be a better place. I see so many "homies" wearing a cross necklace and having tattoos of Jesus r a cross on them, but they go out drinking, doing drugs, and God knows what else. Even the Be Good Unto Others rule would make the world a better place, but people just tend to forget everything and do what their instincts tell them to. Sad.

WARNING: going to this website will make you pissed off. It was shown to me by a close friend at work who wanted to throw the computer out the window while reading what this has to say. It is offensive and will make you mad at the ignorance that is this websites author(s).
Before you click, here is an excerpt from this site:
GOD ALSO DETESTS *******. DOWN SYNDROME, CEREBAL PALSY, THALIDOMIDES, DWARFISM, SPINA BIFIDA, AND OTHER CREATURES SPASTIC RETARDATIONS ARE REPULSIVE TO GOD. THE BIBLE STATES QUITE CLEARLY THAT THESE TWISTED LIMBLESS MONSTERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR A CHURCH, AS THEY ARE UNCLEAN AND REPULSIVE TO GOD. THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION. THEY HAVE MINDS OF SUCH A REPROBATE NATURE THAT THEY ARE GIVEN TO SEXUALLY GRATIFYING THEMSELVES IN PUBLIC, AND ARE NOTHING MORE THAN SLOBBERING STAMMERING ANIMALS. WHY SHOULD THEY GET THE BEST CARE? GET GRANTS TO BUILD RAMPS FOR THEM? WHEELCHAIRS? PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT? IF GOD DID NOT INTEND THEM TO WALK, LET THEM CRAWL LIKE THE SNAKES THEY ARE.
It is this kind of bull**** that is making the world such a terrible place. Only God can judge you, so why are these poeple? Why is the world? If this website doesn't stir your blood ten something is horribly wrong with you. Because according to this, all of us are going to Hell.
http://www.godhatesgoths.com/

I have to finish my homework, see you tomorrow

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Any thing anywhere close to a utopian anything can never be achieved because it is a matter of perspective. End of discussion.
Erm, yes, it's a matter of perspective. And people are sharing their perspectives. If this ended discussions, nothing would ever be discussed.

Well, Christianity has about 123908132901283912 different individual churches/doctrines. It can only be expected that some ideas are going to be skewed.

I have yet to meet any Christians who DON'T believe that humans are inherently sinful and unrighteous, and that's just Christianity. There are problems with EVERY religion.
I'm a Christian who doesn't believe humans are inherently sinful and unrighteous. What would be the point of Jesus providing a life model if mankind couldn't achieve it? If people actually followed the moral teachings of Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, or anybody likewise enlightened, the world be devoid of strife. Unfortunately many people are more focused on adoration than emulation. People fail to recognize God as a force of love and Jesus as a model and teacher. Rather, they praise (read: dickride) God ad naseum and believe Jesus to be on an unattainable moral plateau. This, in their mind, reserves them a spot in heaven while exempting them from attempting to live a Christ-like life. They simply jack off to John 3:16 (ignoring more nettlesome, responsibility-laden passages like "Faith without works is dead") and go back to socializing each other to be self-serving parasites.

I wonder how much of a generalization people's assertions of bigoted and condemning religions are. Granted, things like what David described happen, and they happen far too often. But then, the corrupt zealots are bound to bring more attention to themselves than the people quietly living out a righteous life. The people who don't condemn each other for superfluous reasons (or any reason at all, for that matter). The people who realize that (coming straight from the Bible here) "God is love". He's not a Santa Claus figure who won't bring you presents if you don't believe in him.

Or maybe it's not generalization. Maybe it's entirely accurate and I've been incredibly lucky. I'm fortunate enough to be a part of a church that doesn't condemn anyone for any reason. My Confirmation wasn't just Sunday School Mach II, as a lot of people's was. We discussed other faiths (and lack thereof) and how, no, they're not wrong. We discussed what a total fallacy it is to take the Bible as the literal word of God. We discussed the notion of Heaven and Hell. Since the idea of a place of eternal suffering is essentially irreconcilable with an all-loving God, our pastor put forward an interesting possibility. Taking into account the base etymological meaning of Hell ("without God"), she made mention of Hell as a self-imposed state of being attained by the refusal to give or receive love. Heaven would then be the opposite. A bit New-Agey? Maybe. Far more in keeping with the overall intent of the Bible and the picture it paints of God/Jesus? Definitely. It's also more beneficial to mankind. People still have enduring souls, and death is still more than just a fade to black, but the much sought-after Heaven is achieved not by telling a bearded man in the sky how much you love him, but by actually loving, taking care of, and learning about one another. There's still the praising, singing, etc., but it takes on more of a celebratory and unified light when you're singing about and praising an intrinsic quality in everything.

And believe me, I've seen that love in action. I've seen and been a part of religion feeding the poor, building houses, and supporting individuals and communities through crisis. And throughout it all, we never once tried to teach people how Jesus was their savior or any other such self-righteous bull****. Granted, religion has also brought on atrocities like the Crusades, the myriad Islamic civil wars, the Salem witch trials...the list goes on. But I would argue that those aren't so much exercises of religion as the bastardization of religion by scared and prideful people who were blind to the real message. Really, any ideology, religious or not, can be corrupted in this way. Does the recent economic collapse make capitalism evil?

Also granted, we shouldn't need a book to tell us to perform those aforementioned acts of virtue. But the beautiful thing about religion is, once you've really grasped it, it's not the book making you do them. It's you, independently compelling yourself to serve mankind as best you can. By the same token, we shouldn't need the threat of imprisonment or any formal law to keep us from murdering, stealing, slandering, censoring, etc.. And yet the laws are there, until one day we realize that the Constitution is really a set of values already emblazoned on the moral compass of every caring and capable person, transmuted onto paper, ready to be internalized by new generations.

Just as Catholicism, Lutheranism, etc. are subsets of Christianity, and Christianity is a subset of religion, religion and science are subsets of...something. The term may not be there yet, but they're both getting at the same thing.

Edit: Lol, watching Moral Orel as I type this.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Steven- new age is the only phrase I can think of to classify that way of teaching religion as well. I've got to say, if what you tell us is the only way your church does things, then I wouldn't mind one of those built in place of every other church we've got laying around, doing nothing but evading taxes and funding trips to Africa that preach abstinence but don't provide rubbers (just in case they forget that ****ing is sinful, unless if you're lawfully wedded by an annointed priest).

To sum it up Steven, I think your church is awesome, and really not what I think of as a "traditional" (read: ********, closed-minded, hateful, hypocritical, useless, bane of society) church. In all honesty, if more churches preached what "Jesus" preached, or did a little more for the community rather than their image, I think a utopian society would be perfectly feasible in this day and age. Unfortunately, it has to wait for a while.

@godhatesgoths- lol.

"The greatest threat to today's society is the rise of the gothic subculture. Goth is a sinister and violent subculture obsessed with Satanism, Wicca, Vampirism, BDSM, ****, child abuse, Hitler, bondage, sick sexual perversions, serial killers, death, drugs, self mutilation and other sick practices to vile to mention. Goth's are the Devil's Children. In my opinion, Goths are more dangerous to children than pedophiles" - Rev. R.G. Green

self mutilation and other sick practices to vile to mention.

and other sick practices to vile to mention.

to vile

to

lol.

@Kyle- George Carlin among others said it best. I hate it when I see "homies" as you call them (ignorant useless ****s would probably be a better term, but slightly more offensive) wearing crosses and having tattoos of religious figures when they couldn't even recall what the three wise men gave to "baby jesus."

But in all honesty, do people NEED a book to tell them that peace and harmony lead to a greater society than war and greed? I mean, it's one of the most basic laws of economics. If team A, team B, team C, team D, and so on work together through specialization (doing what you're best at and leaving the rest to others) then all parties come out in a greater situation than if one dominated the rest, or if they worked in isolation, or any other scenario devisable (assuming we don't have infinite energy, which is an excellent assumption for today's standards).

This isn't in direction to you, Steven. Or anyone else for that matter. It's just a question to provoke thought. Who, if any of you, disagrees with this?

What about everyone's views on the wars being waged overseas right now? Who all thinks Obama shouldn't be in office? Who's against abortion, and why? Who thinks gays shouldn't be allowed to marry?

@derek- read a book.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
The funny thing about worshipis that you may get into 1 heaven, but will burn in 1 million other hells. :-)

All you sock sniffers play MadWorld right now. I mean, your character Jack is voiced by Steven Jay Blum and has a chainsaw on his arm, he's easily one of the manliest beings to have said to exist. Plus, shoving a sign post through a dude's head never gets old.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Sounds like army of darkness fused with powerthirst!!! Not enough time before class to post about everything. We can have these discussions at Erichs lol. See everyone shortly

Or maybe it's not generalization. Maybe it's entirely accurate and I've been incredibly lucky. I'm fortunate enough to be a part of a church that doesn't condemn anyone for any reason. My Confirmation wasn't just Sunday School Mach II, as a lot of people's was. We discussed other faiths (and lack thereof) and how, no, they're not wrong. We discussed what a total fallacy it is to take the Bible as the literal word of God. We discussed the notion of Heaven and Hell. Since the idea of a place of eternal suffering is essentially irreconcilable with an all-loving God, our pastor put forward an interesting possibility. Taking into account the base etymological meaning of Hell ("without God"), she made mention of Hell as a self-imposed state of being attained by the refusal to give or receive love. Heaven would then be the opposite. A bit New-Agey? Maybe. Far more in keeping with the overall intent of the Bible and the picture it paints of God/Jesus? Definitely. It's also more beneficial to mankind. People still have enduring souls, and death is still more than just a fade to black, but the much sought-after Heaven is achieved not by telling a bearded man in the sky how much you love him, but by actually loving, taking care of, and learning about one another. There's still the praising, singing, etc., but it takes on more of a celebratory and unified light when you're singing about and praising an intrinsic quality in everything.
Steven...you're awesome. I agree with you. There's a scripture in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah that says that serving others is serving God. In Matthew he says that doing things to the least of these my brethren is serving God. That is a very good belief set by your pastor...

Dekar, I left last time because you were arguing an invalid point that made absolutely no sense whatsoever. You were being rather self-righteous too, so I left. I was tired of arguing. Arguing doesn't bring good emotion. Anyway, Steven said a lot that I would want to say on this matter. However, you do seem to always point out the negative side of religion. Strife, anger, malcontent...pugnacious people will always exist. That's why utopian society will never exist. By trying to ban organized religion, that's almost crossing the boundary of trying to dehumanize people and make them all the same. Almost. It's a step in that direction, anyway. And the only way to have a utopia is to have everyone agree and have the same ideas. And the only way to do that is to brainwash everyone on the planet or otherwise force them to think the same. And that's not going to happen. World-hunger will remain. It will remain because without it, people could not choose between right and wrong. You know I'm religious, and this is part of my belief. If the world had no evil in it, if it had no problems, then people could no longer choose between right and wrong, good and evil, and our free agency would be lost. And on immortality...I have thought about that, yes. I have wondered if maybe we could not become sort of like elves and remain immune to the decay of time. But I don't think we can. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, escapes it. Stars die, they take billions of years to die, but they die. Time will make corpses of us all. We may expand our lifetimes, but we will never outrun the decay of our bodies. We're made up of the same elements as everything else, and those elements do not make exception for us. They have half-lives, they break down. Besides, once we figure out how to live forever, then what? Then we're going to want to suddenly become impervious to injury so that we really live forever, but that won't ever happen because we have blood in our bodies. Also, I agree with your little team outline, lol. But many humans who have that kind of power are not of the type to share the wealth. So they will either just not work together or they'll dupe everyone and not share the prize. No, people shouldn't need a book to tell them to love one another, but I don't think that that is the entire point behind religion. See:

Also granted, we shouldn't need a book to tell us to perform those aforementioned acts of virtue. But the beautiful thing about religion is, once you've really grasped it, it's not the book making you do them. It's you, independently compelling yourself to serve mankind as best you can. By the same token, we shouldn't need the threat of imprisonment or any formal law to keep us from murdering, stealing, slandering, censoring, etc.. And yet the laws are there, until one day we realize that the Constitution is really a set of values already emblazoned on the moral compass of every caring and capable person, transmuted onto paper, ready to be internalized by new generations.
True dat.

Hmmm...I could probably say more, but I don't really have the time right now. And I don't really think I would word it all that well right now, hehe.

Anyway, see you all who are coming in a couple of hours.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Hey dudes

I have work today from 10 till 5, so I may or may not be able to go. but if I do make it, I'll only be there for a short while. :)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
lol at that god hates goths site. did you know that they don't wnat kids listening to hendrix? lol

see everyone in a few hours. i still need a ride home from erichs though

edit- i was listening to ozzy as i read that site lol

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Minor Shoutouts:

Kyle: I like your idea about my being like Vincent. I do feed off your acknowledgement of me due my to extensive attention whore characteristic. I think i've told a few people here, but maybe not you - my name literally translates from Hindi to blue flower :p And I won't regret saying that either. I'm just like a flower - you've heard the myth that if you talk to a flower, it'll grow. If you talk to me, I'll grow ~~~

David: Sorry for leaving you out buddy. But I'm still not entirely interested in the calculus/diff equations/linear algebra. I'm mostly interested in the number theory. Sure, you can stop by for our little figurative math discussion (which won't happen) and provide some input, but I won't value it as much :p:p:p It's still kinda interesting to think about math in a historical manner - in that people of the past were trying to solve for the function that gave a differential equation, which in turn brought the development of calculus! That's really interesting to me.

Davis: jump out and fight us, you coward!!! rawr

Ax: show yourself too!! y emm eye dum/

THE DISCUSSION (READ THE WHOLE THING)

Finally!!! A stimulating discussion for me to enter!!! I won't multiquote anyone like I normally do, but I'll just type out huge paragraphs for each and every one of you to indulge in :laugh:

As a high school student, I've already inherently decided on what to write my PhD dissertation on - biological altruism. Biological altruism is the activity of living organisms helping other organisms for the greater good of the species. From my personal interpretation of a utopia, I assume that altruism is necessary for a utopia to exist. If people want to coexist in a place where there is political and socioeconomic perfection, people need to act for moral benefit - act in a "good" way (as defined by all the religious texts out there).
As Steven eloquently put it - he doesn't believe that people are inherently evil or unrighteous. Unfortunately - and I hate to say this - from a biological standpoint, YES, I BELIEVE that people are inherently evil or unrighteous. EVERY single action that a living organism takes is to bring that organism one step further for survival and reproduction of that organism. That organism is entirely selfish, that organism doesn't have a motive to act upon this "intrinsic quality" that Steven is talking about, that organism just wants to have sex and have 938754328754309754239207 babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Face it, from a biological perspective, the meaning of life is sex period.

This is where religion jumps in. Religion says precisely what Erich was saying earlier - Erich hates in when scientists talk about life and death in a pedantic way - there's more to life than that. Religion exclaims that a part of life is living life to your fullest - living with that "intrinsic quality" to be good and act upon justice. That will push you one step further towards heaven. Religion says that life isn't just about sex, it's also about acting upon your morals and achieving nirvana (of course the definition of nirvana is different across different religions, but that was the best word I could come up with).
If you actually live by emulation instead of adorement, then you will achieve that nirvana. Still, my understanding of the fundamental rules of biology say quite the opposite - it is impossible for an organism to act by moral perfection.

Steven, you claim you have seen that love in action. Is it really love? As sure as love can get. Building houses for the homeless, feeding and clothing the poor, and other righteous acts may sound like love, unfortunately I doubt it. I'm sorry - I'm one of the people who believe that people are evil. You do those acts because you want to go to heaven (or from a biological standpoint, you want to do those acts because a hot girl is watching you build that house, and she will end up believing that you are truly kind, you will have increased your chances of having sex with her). The reason for building a house for the homeless...it's selfish. You want to go heaven, or you want to have sex. Therefore, I find religion rather counterintuitive. I find it impossible for an organism to truly become immersed in these intrinsic qualities for life. Religon preaches selflessness, but unfortunately, the motive behind selflessness is selfish. This is why I believe science and religion cannot coexist. It's cruel, unforgiving, and this is my belief is religion.

If I haven't made my point clear yet, this is why I have difficulty with religion. I base all my understanding by science, and that could be a faulty assumption instead of the right way to look at religion, which is looking at it arbitrarily. I really just wanted to interject biology into the discussion.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
@Davis- what about genetically engineered babies designed to be happy? Or AI coming to fruition? Or the achievement of "hivemind" ?
It will never happen. It's as simple as that. The human race will never reach that level because they will either never progress (or digress) that far, destroy themselves by then, or be destroyed by some, most probably, astrological catastrophe.

@Davis: Yes I did grab TONS of crumbs and a grip of chicken and fish for everyone. Dig in Davis.

@Davis: Sorry bro I was just in a really s***** mood this morning given everything thats been goign on recently. My apologies and no hard feelings.
Where have you been all my life? I do love me some artery clogging crumbs.

Also, it's ok. Everyone has a rough time, including me.

Erm, yes, it's a matter of perspective. And people are sharing their perspectives. If this ended discussions, nothing would ever be discussed
No, that is not what I'm saying, Steven. I'm saying every individual has a different perspective on what is "utopian" or happy or what have you. That is why a utopian society can never be accomplished.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Steven, you claim you have seen that love in action. Is it really love? As sure as love can get. Building houses for the homeless, feeding and clothing the poor, and other righteous acts may sound like love, unfortunately I doubt it. I'm sorry - I'm one of the people who believe that people are evil. You do those acts because you want to go to heaven (or from a biological standpoint, you want to do those acts because a hot girl is watching you build that house, and she will end up believing that you are truly kind, you will have increased your chances of having sex with her). The reason for building a house for the homeless...it's selfish. You want to go heaven, or you want to have sex. Therefore, I find religion rather counterintuitive. I find it impossible for an organism to truly become immersed in these intrinsic qualities for life. Religon preaches selflessness, but unfortunately, the motive behind selflessness is selfish. This is why I believe science and religion cannot coexist. It's cruel, unforgiving, and this is my belief is religion.
I can guarantee you I don't help people because I want to go to heaven. Well, I do, but it's not a selfish "I want to live in the clouds when I die" desire. It's more like your mention of nirvana. Being religious, I believe in a force of love acting upon this world, and I (as is the natural reaction any person has in response to any treatment of them) want to reciprocate it. As for your other explanation, yes, sex is the meaning of life biologically speaking, and passing on our genetic code is in fact the closest thing we have to immortality. However, there's all kinds of behavior it can't account for. Did Gandhi go on a hunger strike because there was a hot girl watching? Did Martin Luther nail the 95 theses to the church door because he wanted sex? Also consider abortions. A (responsible) woman who chooses to have an abortion has considered the lives of her and those around her, the potential quality of life for the potential baby, the effects the baby will have...she considers everything and then makes what she believes to be the most prudent decision. If she was as biologically selfish as you claim, she would simply have the baby, obsessed with the continuation of out species (Abortion as support for a pro-religion argument!? Yep!). I dunno, I just finished talking about how God isn't a bearded man in the sky, so to claim that he/she/whatever is just a cocktail of hormones seems to me an equally narrow view.

Or, suppose you're right, and we do perform acts of good will because we want to procreate. Is that so bad? Are our attempts at helping mankind negated by the fact that we want to have sex? If so, science is in an equally useless place as religion. People will only search for the cure to cancer out of selfishness, and people will only work to solve world hunger out of selfishness.

Edit:
Kashakunaki said:
No, that is not what I'm saying, Steven. I'm saying every individual has a different perspective on what is "utopian" or happy or what have you. That is why a utopian society can never be accomplished.
Ah, ok, I see.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
How many people are confirmed for the Brawl tourney this weekend? How many people are confirmed for the Melee/SF4 tourney next weekend?
I am for brawl.

nolan- now you know how zman feels!
Uh, no. There is no way in hell you could pull that off 0.00000001% as well as WeeGee.

@What about everyone's views on the wars being waged overseas right now? Who all thinks Obama shouldn't be in office? Who's against abortion, and why? Who thinks gays shouldn't be allowed to marry?
Oh my god what happened to this thread?

.... It didn't dertoriate into a flame war!

On relegion:

I am an Atheist, and I have been for almost all of my life. I was brought up as a christian, by my grandparents, and I believe that was the most deciding infulence in my being an atheist. It might be because my grandfather is a lunatic, but his take on relegion was that you were nothing but a worthless subject to god, along with the rest of the world. Your job was to serve god, and everyone but yourself. I found helping other people to make sense, but I never "saw god". I never understood why you were supposed to give up your life to some undetirmined being in the sky. My mother and father are agnostic, and didn't try to raise me as anything. I really became an atheist after my grandfather told me my mom would burn in hell for having a female partner. She has always done the right thing, she has always been kind, even to strangers. She fit the treating other people with care and respect to the letter. But she would suffer eternally because she too a woman as her partner? And all the other good gay/lesbian people too? And all the people who don't follow how your religion percives how their personal life should be? It was completley beyond my comprehension. I started to look into christianity, and I saw that the general message was that you should treat everyone, regardless of who they were, with respect. So where was all this hate coming from? Why were there ever crusades to kill millions of people when the message was "Love Thy Enemy"? As I looked into other religions, I saw that they all carried more-or-less the same positive message, yet they all also caused millions of people to suffer and die for their beliefs/actions that don't harm anyone. I came to feel that the basis of religion is inhernetly good, but people have come to use it as an excuse to persecute others for things that group of people dislike. I also came to believe that all the religious fighres were completley fake. If you are omnipotent, why do you let children be killed? Why do you let women be *****? Why do you allow people to kill each other in your name, when your command is to turn the other cheek? If god is all powerful, why doesn't god just make it stop? It's completley incomprehensible. If he created all of us, he created our emotions, in effect, he chose wether we would believe in him or not. This also fits into the belief that if god created you, he can take that life away, or do with it as god pleases. By that same belief, a father could molest his child, becuase he was responsible for bringing her into life. It would be ok to beat or kill your child, since you brought them into the world. That is so completley beyond all reason or comprehension that I can't even describe it. The need to label others evil is so prevalent in our culture, and it because ofwhat people have twisted religion into. Not religion itself, but the twitsing of it into an implement for your own devicies.

On the war: This also ties into religion. Lets take a look at radical islam. It so blatantly clear and obvious that the figureheads (bin laden, for example) of this religion are evil. They use their religious subjects to further their goals, by sacrificing theit lives. But, in contrast, the subjects, in general, are good but misguided. The definition of evil is self serving. To do every action to make your life better, even at the cost of anyone else. Look at this from a suicide bombers perspective. This bomber is going to die for his cause. It's not that he is likley to die, or that there is a chance. He will die, no questions asked. How can you be so completley evil if you are going to die for a cuase you belive in? In america, if you believe in your cause enough, you will jump on a grenade for your freinds. You get the medal of honor, but what did you do? You died for what you thought was right. You are a hero. By contrast, even if there is actually an evil, a good, or whatever, you are evil for taking the lives of those people, regardless of the fact that you would have to believe so completley, that you would not risk your life, but knowingly give it up, to blow up your target. Would an evil person give up thier life? The thing they value most? We judge these people evil, when they are really doing the same thing we are, they are fighting and dying for their cause. It the same thing all over again: we are trying to alter things because we don't understand or like them. Don't get me wrong, I comlpetley believe that islam needs to stop killing so many people. But so do all of the other religions. If we go to war with them, we give them what they want most: an outlet for spreading their reigion. We need to get out of religious wars, because they are the type of wars that can't be won. We can't control their beliefs, and as we have seen, they will keep killing themselves because they still believe. It's completley horrible, but we should leave them alone, because the alterintave is to give them more power and influence, as well as costing us lives and money. It's terrible, but it's the lesser of the two evils.

On abortion: This is a very mixed issue for me, because of many things. I Personally don't believe in abortion. I beleve that a child should be given to an adoption center. But my real beiief is that the mother of the child, and depending on the crucimstances, the father, should be the ones to make that choice. I don't kile abortion, but do I have the right to tell a woman who was ***** and beaten that she should have to keep the child? Should she have to go through the trauma of having to bear a child of that experience? I don't believe that you can judge unless you are in that scenario. Also, if you are against aboortion, please don't use the term pro life. It has no meaning anymore. The pro life peole are often the ones who kill abortion doctors (oxymoron much?)

On gay marriage: Stay the fuck out of peoples privacy. It's their right, and you or your religion don't have any buisness there. Does anyone here know that gays/lesbians have the 2nd highest suicide rate among people in america (2nd only to transgender people)? All becuase religion is used to persecute these people.

Tl:dr read it all, but the gist is that you shouldn't push your relegion on other people, and that people should have their own rights.

I could say a lot more, but I have class. Probably will later.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I can guarantee you I don't help people because I want to go to heaven. Well, I do, but it's not a selfish "I want to live in the clouds when I die" desire. It's more like your mention of nirvana. Being religious, I believe in a force of love acting upon this world, and I (as is the natural reaction any person has in response to any treatment of them) want to reciprocate it. As for your other explanation, yes, sex is the meaning of life biologically speaking, and passing on our genetic code is in fact the closest thing we have to immortality. However, there's all kinds of behavior it can't account for. Did Gandhi go on a hunger strike because there was a hot girl watching? Did Martin Luther nail the 95 theses to the church door because he wanted sex? Also consider abortions. A (responsible) woman who chooses to have an abortion has considered the lives of her and those around her, the potential quality of life for the potential baby, the effects the baby will have...she considers everything and then makes what she believes to be the most prudent decision. If she was as biologically selfish as you claim, she would simply have the baby, obsessed with the continuation of out species (Abortion as support for a pro-religion argument!? Yep!). I dunno, I just finished talking about how God isn't a bearded man in the sky, so to claim that he/she/whatever is just a cocktail of hormones seems to me an equally narrow view.

Or, suppose you're right, and we do perform acts of good will because we want to procreate. Is that so bad? Are our attempts at helping mankind negated by the fact that we want to have sex? If so, science is in an equally useless place as religion. People will only search for the cure to cancer out of selfishness, and people will only work to solve world hunger out of selfishness.
I could argue back for the 3 situations you set forth to me (Gandhi/Martin Luther/abortion woman). For Gandhi, he lived in an unconvenient world, a world where survival is more difficult. Britain oppressed India in an empirical fashion, and Gandhi wanted to change that. With India established as an independent body, life was more convenient for Gandhi. That increased his chances of survival. With the abortion woman, "convenience" applies to her too. That woman makes the most prudent decision based on her convenience, which directly relates to her likelihood of survival.
As for Martin Luther, frankly, you got me there. I really can't think of why he would post his 95 theses to the Roman Catholic Church, since those very theses INCREASED his chances of death at the hands of the Church. He changed the way religion was practiced in Eastern Europe (I think, trying to remember from history years ago). He prevented the practice of indulgences, where sinners simply paid money to papal commissioners set forth by the Church to redeem their sins.
In that case, you are correct and I am wrong - biological altruism exists in way or another. There is a force of nirvana and universal love - people actually want to help others. This is what I'm trying to understand with my PhD dissertation - how does biological altruism exist at its basic forms and at worldly levels? But thanks for the insight.

With your last paragraph, science seeks for human understanding through observations of the natural world, correct? We are striving for science because it increases our chance of survival through convenience. Science gives and gives to us - with revolutionary technology. we cure cancer and end world hunger because it furthers our biological demands. Still, I'm probably missing your point, I really don't understand biological altruism and this "universal force of nirvana" and love.

It will never happen. It's as simple as that. The human race will never reach that level because they will either never progress (or digress) that far, destroy themselves by then, or be destroyed by some, most probably, astrological catastrophe.
I know both you and Erich are against Dekar about the revolution of science and the abilities of the human race. Frankly, I believe that everyone on the boards, including me, is underestimating our abilities. We have achieved some pretty crazy **** in the history of humanity, and it doesn't stop there. I believe that immortality is around the corner. But this is all speculation, and Dekar knows much more about the advancement of human civilization than I do, so I'll leave that expertise in this discussion to him, and not me. (I know...I'm riding Casey's **** really hard right now)

TARMAGOYF: ZOMFG :lick::lick::lick: I haven't read the whole thing yet, and I'll respond to it later, seeing as how I'm about to leave the house and drive over to the fest, but you seem to have a ****load of good points. will you marry me :p

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
The pope stated that catholisism is the only righ religion and all others will send you to hell. Islams believe the exact same just that theirs is right. If that be so then EVERYONE will be burning in hell for not following all religions and none at the same time.
I really, really doubt the Pope ever said that. And I'm pretty sure Islam doesn't believe that either.

But in all honesty, do people NEED a book to tell them that peace and harmony lead to a greater society than war and greed? I mean, it's one of the most basic laws of economics. If team A, team B, team C, team D, and so on work together through specialization (doing what you're best at and leaving the rest to others) then all parties come out in a greater situation than if one dominated the rest, or if they worked in isolation, or any other scenario devisable (assuming we don't have infinite energy, which is an excellent assumption for today's standards).
People don't care. If team A can punch team B out and steal their shizz, they'll do it.

The funny thing about worshipis that you may get into 1 heaven, but will burn in 1 million other hells. :-)
Once again, this is definitely not the message any respectable religion gives out.

I dunno. "Brave New World" was published in 1932, and it has surprising similarities to modern culture. 1984 was published in 1949 and is also familiar in some aspects.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I really, really doubt the Pope ever said that. And I'm pretty sure Islam doesn't believe that either.

People don't care. If team A can punch team B out and steal their shizz, they'll do it.

Once again, this is definitely not the message any respectable religion gives out.

I dunno. "Brave New World" was published in 1932, and it has surprising similarities to modern culture. 1984 was published in 1949 and is also familiar in some aspects.

Different popes have said plenty of utterly repugnant and ignorant things. The catholicism is by no means a respectable religion, so any arguments for it aren't going to win from a logical viewpoint.

Team A is digging their own grave the instant they decide to utilize physical force instead of reasoning out something with team B. Then we have Israel and Palestine duking it out for centuries, AMIRITE? YESIM.

The ratio of disgusting religions as compared to respectable religions is astounding. So long as this keeps up, no matter how respectable some may be, the rest will make a terrible name for them, and force the logical minority to be skeptical at the very least of their worth to modern day society.

Are you implying that Brave New World and 1984 display utopian societies? Because I assure you, that was the reverse effect both authors were going for. Those were stories to teach us of the dangers of future governments being gone about the wrong way. Bush's administration did everything in its power to accomplish exactly what 1984's universe exhibited, but came up short because he was only allowed 8 years in office (and couldn't have possibly won a third session anyway, thankfully). They passed laws that erased certain rights, made legal for the government to go about unconstitutional practices (Guantanamo Bay, unwarranted phone taps, Iraq/Afghanistan war, the list goes on,) and even stole an election. Hopefully the members of Obama's adminstration step up and rid themselves of greed (I say hopefully because regardless of Obama's message of hope and the change from the face of "America is ruled by the greedy rich white man" to "America is progressive" he's still a politician, which is terrifying in and of itself).

@Neil- a woman who has been ***** may not want to give birth to the child because of what it may mean for her and her child's lives.

Gandhi was killed. He knew it was going to happen, and essentially martyred himself to better the lives of his people.

Martin Luther's case, as you pointed out, makes no sense from your viewpoint.

All of which are examples which bring us to my point.

Intelligence, sentience, the very thing that separates us from animals, rock, and the Earth, is the reason why everyone should be optimistic on their outlook of future life.

Stating "the sun dies so everything else should" isn't good reasoning at ALL. From what I've seen, the sun is a celestial body that behaves according to the laws of physics, and has no choice whether it will spin clockwise, or counterclockwise, or neither. Or whether it will grow to become a Red Giant then become a neutron star, quasar, or blackhole.

Humans are very different, you see. We have the choice to become a professor, doctor, engineer, architect, mathematician, politician, porn star, garbage man, hobo, or anything else our heart desires.

What gives us these choices? The evoltion of intelligence. Specialization, to be specific.

I'll be able to delve a bit more into this topic, but for now, I have work.

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
The catholicism is by no means a respectable religion, so any arguments for it aren't going to win from a logical viewpoint.
For now, I disagree. I'd like more information on what you mean.

Team A is digging their own grave the instant they decide to utilize physical force instead of reasoning out something with team B. Then we have Israel and Palestine duking it out for centuries, AMIRITE? YESIM.
I was thinking more along the lines of corporate greed. I'm pretty sure you made a jump in there from team A, exhorting power over team B and gaining from it, to warfare. (Unless it was something along the lines of the occupation of Poland or something, but the case between Israel and Palestine are different.)

The ratio of disgusting religions as compared to respectable religions is astounding. So long as this keeps up, no matter how respectable some may be, the rest will make a terrible name for them, and force the logical minority to be skeptical at the very least of their worth to modern day society.
I wouldn't say the ratio of actual religions is that important. Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam, along with a few others, largely outweigh the pathetic little ones. Comparing the Westboro Baptist Church to Roman Catholicism doesn't make sense. The ratio of idiots who skew religion to their own view to those who know what their religion entails is pretty phenomenal. Hence, I return to my argument that a lot of people are morons.

Are you implying that Brave New World and 1984 display utopian societies? Because I assure you, that was the reverse effect [...]
No, I was implying the reverse. I misread Kash's comment.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
TARMAGOYF: ZOMFG :lick::lick::lick: I haven't read the whole thing yet, and I'll respond to it later, seeing as how I'm about to leave the house and drive over to the fest, but you seem to have a ****load of good points. will you marry me :p
Despite supporting gay marriage, I'm not actually going to marry you (or any guy)

I suprisingly missed my point when I posted earlier. Even though I'm in near complete agreement with Dekar, I have a very live and let live mentality. I don't condemn people for being Nazis, even though it's completley abhorrent to me. It's because I believe that you are no better that them if you do condemn them for their beliefs. Thats why I don't go out of my way to tell people to re-examine their beliefs, even though I think they should.

Also, Steven's church is awesome.

Anyways, awesome fest Erich. Thanks for hosting. I'd do shoutouts, but I'm just going to go play pokemon platinum instead.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Fun fest everyone! I haven't had that much fun in quite some time. Shoutouts section...

Erich-Thanks for hosting it. Your mom is cool. Fun matches. Thank you for not playing a very VERY high tech game like Paul and Neil lol. Sorry about those random gay rests lol. See you around.

Sinz - Come apply for job and I'll try to get you one k. Fun stuff. Thanks for always keeping the humor high.

Neil - Too good... that is pretty much all I have to say. Thanks for some great matches =D

Steven - Missed you buddy lol. Good to see you again. Good job in taking Kyle out in SF4. Lol Team Unbeatable...while sitting down

OverGames - You are getting better at Melee. Keep up the good work. Thanks for bringing the recording stuff =D Its just too bad some of the best things weren't captured :'(

Z - Sorry I didn't get to play you. Running out of time really sucks :( next time k

Nolan - Yes I remember you... Didn't really talk to you much tho... hi =D

Paul - Go team David lol. Good matches and good fun =D

Kirbster13

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say the ratio of actual religions is that important. Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam, along with a few others, largely outweigh the pathetic little ones. Comparing the Westboro Baptist Church to Roman Catholicism doesn't make sense. The ratio of idiots who skew religion to their own view to those who know what their religion entails is pretty phenomenal. Hence, I return to my argument that a lot of people are morons.
Buddhism is not a religion.

Dekar173

Justice Man
The fest was fun for what little time gorgeous Molly and I stayed :p

Steven, you know I was totally sandbagging right? I er, also didn't play in the SF tourney last Saturday just because I didn't wanna kick too much ***, you know? Left it to the beginners to win their first tourneys and all that :)

@Erich- nice fest, and once again, it was amazing playing all that Melee with you :D

Humans are very different, you see. We have the choice to become a professor, doctor, engineer, architect, mathematician, politician, porn star, garbage man, hobo, or anything else our heart desires.
No we're not. We're made up of the same things, and therefore we are subject to the same process of degrading. Sure we're more intelligent but we're made up of the same stuff.

And Neil...nevermind. I don't feel like arguing.

Thanks for coming everyone who came. It was fun. Melee was definitely epic.

Neil: You have improved quite a bit, I'm impressed. Keep working on it mate. You've got your own play style always remember, so play however you play best, whatever feels the most comfortable.

Paul: Wow, I feel like a failure. Me and you didn't play once, in Melee or Brawl+. Tsk tsk. You've gotta come over sometime and practice. I'll see you at the next fest anyway, right? :/

Twins: You guys are awesome, it's always fun having you two over. Also, David: that was rest was ********. I was way too far away for that to hit me. BAH. It was cool though, so it made up for it.

Everett: You had Falcon back for a little bit there, hehe.

To all else who came: Thanks for coming and it was really fun. I hope someone else holds another one soon, lol! I needs to be training more.

P.S. Someone left a black cord at my house. It was in a bag and it had a receipt to it, so if it's yours let me know and I'll bring it to the next fest I'm at.

Top Bottom