• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Dekar173

Justice Man
As for housing for WHOBO, wtf I already got housing you dolts (not really).

So, where are we staying? Let's hear about each place, eh?

Doubles ISP is on the 10th Davis, you down? :D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
As for housing for WHOBO, wtf I already got housing you dolts (not really).

So, where are we staying? Let's hear about each place, eh?

Doubles ISP is on the 10th Davis, you down? :D
I was going to just quit life if you were serious. I've had housing for like three months.

Also, I'm not very down to just give money away, but if you want I guess so.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Also, I'm not very down to just give money away, but if you want I guess so.
Truth. ISP is...less than favorable.

Genesis. I'm 90% sure I'm going. However, I'm still deliberating on what to enter. More specifically, whether to enter Brawl or not. I'm leaning toward not. At the height of my play, I would've had the drive and momentum to practice up and go to genesis thinking I had a chance at placing. Now...eh. I haven't touched Brawl in a long while, much less thought about it. My play has stagnated. I could barely one stock Dark Meow FFS (Just messing, just messing).

Not that I expect to do especially well in Melee. However, because of the history I have with that game (and the fact that it's still fun, of course (which isn't to say Brawl isn't fun, just somewhat dead atm)), I plan on practicing up and ending my competitive smashing career in a blaze of glorious Mewtwo action.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Truth. ISP is...less than favorable.

Genesis. I'm 90% sure I'm going. However, I'm still deliberating on what to enter. More specifically, whether to enter Brawl or not. I'm leaning toward not. At the height of my play, I would've had the drive and momentum to practice up and go to genesis thinking I had a chance at placing. Now...eh. I haven't touched Brawl in a long while, much less thought about it. My play has stagnated. I could barely one stock Dark Meow FFS (Just messing, just messing).

Not that I expect to do especially well in Melee. However, because of the history I have with that game (and the fact that it's still fun, of course (which isn't to say Brawl isn't fun, just somewhat dead atm)), I plan on practicing up and ending my competitive smashing career in a blaze of glorious Mewtwo action.
You wouldn't even be willing to practice up and team with me D:?

You know just as well as I that if you practiced you would have a good chance of doing very well in Brawl.

I'm back from hell. It snowed there.
Welcome back.

im like 95% confirmed for genesis. lucas all day baby!

oh i need a partner (im looking at you, casey)
Nice.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Kyle, David, Davis, myself, and I believe Dark Meow. That's 5. Brandon has said that he's coming, but I want absolute confirmation. We've calculated the trip to be 1800 miles round trip, correct? We may even need to leave early on the 9th in order to get out there in time for the competition.
Sorry bro but I've never had any intentions of going to Whobo. Kyle is but I never said I would. Too much money spent and not made for me to make it.

I'm gonna try to make it to the tourny on Saturday. Hopefully I can lol

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I may be able to make it on Saturday to the tourney. Heres to hoping ^_^

Oh and I believe I already mentioned this to you guys but just in case, one of my best friends lives out in texas and he and his all got a hotel room with room for one more left and they offered it to me. So odds are I'm probably just going to be staying at the hotel there for our trip (sorry to randomly bail on you guys. but no worries, I will be right there behind you cheering you on when Dekar shocks the world and 3 stocks M2K before Davis mocks him and offers a $5 boxing match to the kid ^_^)

And Lewis cannot come to whobo due to funds and a lack of willpower to go lol. Oh well. Any news on neil going? I know he mentioned it somewhere.

Oh and in terms of leaving, I can meet you all at UNM around 2 pm Thursday for the trip. I'll just request that night off as well (It's been a pain in the a** getting good Friday and Easter Sunday off from LJS lol. Catholics swarm to us like Zombies on a mall. but I did it :D)

GENESIS EDIT!!!: A good friend of mine's father works at Southwest airlines. I had a brief conversation with him while at work and he told me that if ever I need a cheap or free flight that I should go to him. So I laughed and asked how much would it cost to fly 15 or so out to Antioch, CA. I don't know if we'll be able to get all of us out there by flying, but he said he would look into how many he can get out there for free or ridiculously cheap. No promises here of course, but hey it would be a nice possibility ^_^

Twin_A

Smash Champion
So, guys... tell me how to beat this Dekar person.
To quote an amazing movie: "With a stick, while he slept."

You could also try wrestling him down to the ground, using punches, kicking him, or be cheap and get friends (be careful tho, NM backs Dekar well lol). But when he's playing Brawl and playing well, that man is unbeatable. So I would recommend trying to beat him in something else. Maybe a game of rock paper scissors ^_^ I wouldn't recommend trying to beat him with a gun or any high powered device. He can reflect them, stop them, or even turn them against you should he see it fit. They say that if you cut off his head you will gain his abilities. My triplet once tried this, now I am only a twin.

here's a link to Dekar that may provide some help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekar
I would recommend a small army or missiles at this point. Maybe get the entire smash community to help you out, maybe then you can win... but probably not.

Some more fun facts about Dekar that most don't know (they often use these to describe others, even tho they were originally said about him):
His shirts never wrinkle.
You can see his charisma from space.
The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.
If a monument was built in his honor, Mt. Rushmore would close, due to poor attendance.
If he were to train a monkey in Brawl, even that monkey would be able to beat M2K, but would never beat Dekar no matter how much he tried.
He does not need an alarm clock. Four bluebirds appear at his window every morning to wake him…no matter where he is staying.
You are more likely to win the lottery 12 times in a row, then to beat him in an all out match.
He gambled once. He was in Japan on a business trip and decided to put money down on Buster Douglas to KO his opponent in 10 rounds (great fight against Mike Tyson for those who never saw it. Great match. 42 to 1 odds.)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Myself and Davis absolutely need to practice in some 2v2s against everybody here on the forums. Everett and Walker, I'm looking at you guys for some MK training.
Will do. If I am ever around at a fest or whatever, I'll hepl. Otherwise, I have no transportation, so I would need to be picked up, or have a somewhat acessible fest *coughneilcough* to play with anyone. But I'm more than willing to help out.

GENESIS EDIT!!!: A good friend of mine's father works at Southwest airlines. I had a brief conversation with him while at work and he told me that if ever I need a cheap or free flight that I should go to him. So I laughed and asked how much would it cost to fly 15 or so out to Antioch, CA. I don't know if we'll be able to get all of us out there by flying, but he said he would look into how many he can get out there for free or ridiculously cheap. No promises here of course, but hey it would be a nice possibility ^_^
OMGYESPLZKBAITHX.

With the best at in all smash games: unplug his controller.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
would anyone be interested in a fest this saturday? unfortunately I have work the next morning so i could only hold it to like 5-11.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
To quote an amazing movie: "With a stick, while he slept."

You could also try wrestling him down to the ground, using punches, kicking him, or be cheap and get friends (be careful tho, NM backs Dekar well lol). But when he's playing Brawl and playing well, that man is unbeatable. So I would recommend trying to beat him in something else. Maybe a game of rock paper scissors ^_^ I wouldn't recommend trying to beat him with a gun or any high powered device. He can reflect them, stop them, or even turn them against you should he see it fit. They say that if you cut off his head you will gain his abilities. My triplet once tried this, now I am only a twin.

here's a link to Dekar that may provide some help
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekar
I would recommend a small army or missiles at this point. Maybe get the entire smash community to help you out, maybe then you can win... but probably not.

Some more fun facts about Dekar that most don't know (they often use these to describe others, even tho they were originally said about him):
His shirts never wrinkle.
You can see his charisma from space.
The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.
If a monument was built in his honor, Mt. Rushmore would close, due to poor attendance.
If he were to train a monkey in Brawl, even that monkey would be able to beat M2K, but would never beat Dekar no matter how much he tried.
He does not need an alarm clock. Four bluebirds appear at his window every morning to wake him…no matter where he is staying.
You are more likely to win the lottery 12 times in a row, then to beat him in an all out match.
He gambled once. He was in Japan on a business trip and decided to put money down on Buster Douglas to KO his opponent in 10 rounds (great fight against Mike Tyson for those who never saw it. Great match. 42 to 1 odds.)
He doesn't sleep. He waits.

Will do. If I am ever around at a fest or whatever, I'll hepl. Otherwise, I have no transportation, so I would need to be picked up, or have a somewhat acessible fest *coughneilcough* to play with anyone. But I'm more than willing to help out.

OMGYESPLZKBAITHX.

Actually, that doesn't work either. He uses his highly developed psychic powers to maintain 100% connectivity between the Wii and his controller at all times.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Beating Dekar is easy in my opinion. First you have to find a 64 year old virgin. Sacrafice it atop a mighty pillar that forsees Mt Fuji. Then you must hike to the crest of Mt Killamanjaro and recite Mark Twains the Raven to a grumpy old bear. This will bestow you with the magical powers to beat him when he is using one hand.

To beat him while he uses two hands, you must repeat this cycle twice and do it only wearing a prom dress that was in Steven Kings movie Carrie.

I heard that Dekar feeds on the nightmares of children and rides in a chariot made of electrum pulled by unicorns that can breathe fire.
Close but not quite. You forgot that Medusa's head is on the front and it winks at people

Ha ha Kyle and I did this to Neil at his smash fest when Kyle started losing. it was all in good fun =D

Ok so Kyle and I WILL be there Saturday! So everyone else must show up lol. See everyone there :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol, New Mexico has awesome answers... too bad their players are trash! *looks at Overgames*
You say that despite the fact that you haven't played them at their prime. Just wait for whobo to come around and then you can see if they are trash. Till such time just enjoy the answers and try finding a way to complete these tasks before whobo or risk losing (dun dun dun) $20!!!!

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
lol, state rivalries. If there really is a Melee/SFIV tourney this weekend, I'll be there. Though, I need practice in both games. Fest anytime this week?

Dekar173

Justice Man
If I email a flyer or something to any of you, who would be able to post them up in the sub for the Melee/SF4 tourney? How about any future Brawl tournaments? We need to up our turnouts and get NM to it's once glorious prime, and then beat that by tenfold. =D

Advertise on Craig's List, advertise on school campuses, advertise to our friends. This is all I've got.

Craig's List and schools, I can do. But I need everyone else to help me out with advertising to friends. If we start getting very large turn outs, we can even start running two brackets based upon skill levels (amateurs/pros, respectively).

@PhantomX- just pick Falcon man. I'll have to kill myself out of fear of losing legitimately to a Falcon, won't I?

Dekar173

Justice Man
If anything I'd pick Ganon, he would destroy you with his lightning testicles.
Ah so you're gonna potato sack me to death eh? Well ****. :[

Melee/SF4 tourney IS confirmed, as are all tourneys I ever run. Turnout on the other hand is up to you guys.

So far we've got David, Kyle, August, Neil, Brad, Paul, Erich, Wraith (Ronald), Zman? Steven, who else?

Needs more hype, newbs. Invite your dead grandmother if you have to, just get some peeps to come, k? :D

As for WHOBO, David I had no idea what was going on with yourself so ya =P sorry for clumping you in with Kyle I just didn't know.

Kyle, I'm a little confused as to what your post means. Are you not going together with us in the same car? Or are you just telling us that you'll be separating from us when we are in town? Dark Meow is driving through and picking us all up (hopefully, I need to call him back as I missed one of his calls when I was tutoring someone :o).

Kyle, Davis, Brandon, and myself. It looks like we have room for Neil after all. Hopefully he still wants to come. =P

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
If I email a flyer or something to any of you, who would be able to post them up in the sub for the Melee/SF4 tourney? How about any future Brawl tournaments? We need to up our turnouts and get NM to it's once glorious prime, and then beat that by tenfold. =D

Advertise on Craig's List, advertise on school campuses, advertise to our friends. This is all I've got.

Craig's List and schools, I can do. But I need everyone else to help me out with advertising to friends. If we start getting very large turn outs, we can even start running two brackets based upon skill levels (amateurs/pros, respectively).
I can certainly spread the word down here.

Overgames

Smash Rookie
Lol, New Mexico has awesome answers... too bad their players are trash! *looks at Overgames*
That's funny. How's F5? I hear they're picking up all of WT's trash these days.

Can anyone host a fest on Friday? I want to introduce my friend Tony to the smash scene. He mainly plays SF4 and some brawl, we both have testing this Friday and get out around 4 - 5, so I was hoping we could head down after we finished. We're also both going to the tourney this Saturday, Dekar said there was gonna be Brawl there for some friendlies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Dekar173 said:
Melee/SF4 tourney IS confirmed, as are all tourneys I ever run. Turnout on the other hand is up to you guys.

So far we've got David, Kyle, August, Neil, Brad, Paul, Erich, Wraith (Ronald), Zman? Steven, who else?

Needs more hype, newbs. Invite your dead grandmother if you have to, just get some peeps to come, k? :D
Ya dude e mail us the full flyer and we'll start posting it around UNM. I'll also pass it to Ronald and have himpost some in the dorms or wherever. I'll PM you our e mail addresses k

Dee car said:
As for WHOBO, David I had no idea what was going on with yourself so ya =P sorry for clumping you in with Kyle I just didn't know.
Ha ha it's cool bro. People have been doing that to us since we were infants. At least Neil can now go =D

I looked back a few pages but couldn't find anything for the tourny saturday (I'll double check in a bit). But exactly what time is melee starting and where is it at? All I know is its close to Neils place

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow, PX got *****.
Ha ha only pending on how you look at it. I see it as an all in good fun thing.

Neil said:
David: Sorry for leaving you out buddy. But I'm still not entirely interested in the calculus/diff equations/linear algebra. I'm mostly interested in the number theory. Sure, you can stop by for our little figurative math discussion (which won't happen) and provide some input, but I won't value it as much :p:p:p It's still kinda interesting to think about math in a historical manner - in that people of the past were trying to solve for the function that gave a differential equation, which in turn brought the development of calculus! That's really interesting to me.
I just now noticed this while searching thru the other threads. I actually love talking about the concepts and origins of math and number theory. Most people don't for some reason... One thing I was shown that still fascinates me is the fact that at some point, -infinity and +infinity become equal. I'll show how on saturday if anyone asks.

Just looked up the most updated Genesis pre-reg.
Total Entrants 581
Melee Entrants 365
Brawl Entrants 376

...This is going to be epic lol. DBR is going to have their hands full.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Do I have to miss 2 days of school for WHOBO? That's what I gleaned from this thread.
Actually, if I have to miss ANY school at all, then I'm definitely not going to WHOBO :(

Twin_A

Smash Champion
But the registration starts Friday morning I thought... We'll get this all figured out lol.

And I AM riding with you guys down there and back still lol. Plus possibly for any fun random outings. But the nights I will not be at the housing but instead at the hotel. I tried looking into getting us all a hotel room to stay at but my friends got the second to last one for that weekend so they're all booked. They offered it to me because I know them so well and haven't seen them in forever and a half lol.

Dekar once winked at a girl t make her lose her virginity. Niel tried this the next week to see if he could do it. She did not, however, lose her virginity. Instead she instantly knew how to wavedash, tech chase, edge guard, SHFFL, and 4 stock Tink all before even knowing that Melee existed. To one up Neils accomplishment, Dekar blinked both eyes at the same girl and she instantly converted to Brawl. Neil, refusing to give up, did his girl ish scream when things get exciting and the woman transformed into a man. And that's how Sinz was born ladies and gentlemen.

Oh and Dekar I will staple and leave flyers lying around all over the place at UNM. Mention something as to "Competing to be on New Mexico's Crew for national tournaments" or something like that. May attract some more peeps ^_^

And it's ok PX we all have felt Dekar's manliness before. Then again I beat him in our first Brawl match in a diddy ditto no less (but lets not mention the early suicide on his part mmkay)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Do I have to miss 2 days of school for WHOBO? That's what I gleaned from this thread.
Actually, if I have to miss ANY school at all, then I'm definitely not going to WHOBO :(
Not going to miss two days of school for probably one of the most, if not the most, exciting adventures you'll ever have as a teenager/kid when you have the most freedom to do whatever you want?

How lame is that.

Have fun catching up as a rich doctor when you can only buy fake happiness and fun.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Davis raises a very valid point Neil.

Rematch Kyle! You *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|

@David- The number line has the topology of a circle, but isn't actually a circle (AKA, negative and positive infinity aren't necessarily equal, but in a sense are).

Top Bottom