• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I've actually gotten some entry requests for "Best Contribution" a few times, though. Haven't won anything yet.

I guess I could also try their FAQ Bounties. (They give rewards to whoever has a good guide for the most requested games.)

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
So Smashboards is being weird for me. I'm getting 502's. So Neil, if the fest is on, call/text me. I've got my phone on.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest; I'm not enamored with the idea of a fest at all today. I still didn't finish my homework, and I'm not sure how excited you guys are about maybe 5 people playing for maybe 5 hours

stay tuned

i'll have an answer within the hour

It's not going to happen. Sorry, everyone. Don't let yourself be consumed by rage or sadness, just know that all your energy should be focused on THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF A PRETTY COOL GAME SERIES DUE FOR RELEASE ON MOTHER****ING TUESDAY.

EDIT2: Some of you might know I'm suddenly interested in the PC gaming/emulation/pirating world. I was looking to get a Dualshock 2 (one of those old black PS2 pads with the 2 analog inputs). I could easily buy one for like $5 . . . or is somebody out there generous enough to make Neil the happiest Indian boy on the planet? I guess I could arrange a trade, but there's really nothing noteworthy I have to offer. Let me know if you have it. We can work out a deal :lick:

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
So...since you said you were able to fix your Wii...hypothetically, if I were to bring my Wii over at some point, would you be able to fix it in a relatively short time? :p

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, Josh, but just know that luck played a huge role when I managed to fix mine. Not to mention I only fixed the power.

Also, Casey, even though you've probably heard this a million times before, I just want you to know that you remind me SO ****ING MUCH of Ashton Kutcher. Your appearance, your voice, your cockiness, and perhaps most of all, your lack of ability to make a comeback.

tekkie

Smash Master
^i'm so happy now

btw 28th evening would be best for a fest that weekend, 29th i'll be ****ing around and 30th i go back to suckorro

im not quite clear when i can even make it there on that friday tbh :\

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Ah, oh well. Just thought I'd ask, lol.

This weekend I'm probably gonna be busy. I figured out I may finally start working again.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So,

for my film class our next project is a documenterary. My idea got picked for my group so i'm doing competitive video games in NM. I'm gonna focus on smash cause it's what I know and know the people for, but I want to touch on the 2d community/games as well. It is NOT focused around brawl, it is on smash.

What this means is I'm going to hold a fest this friday/saturday, or next friday/saturday, depending on what works best for everyone. I need AS MANY melee and brawl players as I can get. EVERYONE who has been a part of the community that can make it it would mean SO MUCH TO ME. Even if you've quit playing, it would be great if you showed up and just talked about smash to other people so I could film it. ESPECIALLY if you moved on to play more 2d games, so Zack, Steven, Arie, Paul, Neil and Patrick.

If you're willing to be interviewed, let me know. I need about 2-4 interviews with both melee and brawl players.

Topics that will be focused on:
the rise of the nm community and how it fell
tournament scene
OOS and the community
chars that dominated the melee scene
metaknight
wiiU smash

SO. WHEN IS BEST FOR A FEST. TEKKIE THIS INCLUDES YOU
AND CASEY IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD MAKE IT AS WELL

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
send me flight details if i go we can homo it up and go on the same flight
Uuuhhh, flying out on American Airlines, leave the 5th, get back the 12th (I plan on neckbearding it up in NY since I've never been to the East coast ever)

I would actually be pretty glad to do an interview Nolan. I'll obviously show up at the least

derp, anytime is good for me (assuming friday/sat like you said)

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
let me interview you
i want to put you on a film documentary
Sounds like a golden project, Nolan. "I'd be happy to participate" underestimates how willing I am to help you out . . . I can't count how many times I've used smash academically.

one of my princeton essays was about the rise of video gaming as a sport/how smashboards explains this paradigm shift/the particular nm experience vs. other existing regional gaming communities . . . like princeton (yes, there's a circle of melee*** friends at princeton, their "president" is jack gang)

lol wtf princeton

so anyways I can stop by after class is done Friday (like 4 pm ish). hopefully a full-fledged fest will come out of it that evening. on top of that i'll be in the unm area (after giving blood for free because i'm a dumb***) saturday at like 2 pm

NOLAN:
1. PM/FACEBOOK VARIOUS SMASHERS YOU KNOW ACROSS THE BOARDS
2. USE A/V CONFERENCING TECHNOLOGY TO RECORD AN INTERVIEW OVER THE INTERNET WITH THEM (THIS INCLUDES TEKKIE)
3. SYNTHESIZE ALL YOUR INFORMATION INTO A GODLIKE DOCUMENTARY
4. ???
5. PROFIT!
6. female teacher (she better ****ing be) has sex with you because your project was so ****ing good
7. she gives you an a+ on the cunnilingus also

tekkie

Smash Master
What this means is I'm going to hold a fest this friday/saturday, or next friday/saturday, depending on what works best for everyone.
btw 28th evening would be best for a fest that weekend, 29th i'll be ****ing around and 30th i go back to suckorro

im not quite clear when i can even make it there on that friday tbh :\
i figure by sunday i'll be sobering up. OCTOBER 28 DAMMIT
i'll be back the weekend before halloween
october 28th, we should do something
i'll do an interview it'll be sexy :pichu:

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So it's leaning toward next friday for the documentry stuff, however, I'm looking to hold a fest this friday to get some B roll. Would people be down for a fest this friday?

The bigger one next week, I need TVs, consoles, sticks and etc. Going to be sending out some mass texts and stuff soon. That fest will start at 6:00 PM. IS THIS OKAY WITH EVERYONE? PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOU CAN MAKE IT :D

and thanks to everyone who has already told me you're down to help! THANKS A LOT :D

EDIT: b roll thing would have to be saturday. would a saturday fest be attended?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Due to sound, interviews and smash footage/talking/****ing around might be on different days. Interviews might be on the saturday after the big fest next friday.

I know a lot of you have confirmed if you're available, but i'm getting into specific dates. please tell me if you're available for

This Saturday's B Roll
Next Friday's Big Fest
Saturday's Interviews (games after)
Which events you can bring setups for

If I can get some genie magic in my house, we might be able to get some interviews in on friday.

REMEMBER THESE FESTS ARE NOT SMASH EXCLUSIVE

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
So does that mean yer good for Friday big fest next week, Zack and Pat (Pat and Zack)?

LANFEST IS NEXT WEEK I TOTALLY FORGOT (FRIDAY)

i wasn't going to go, but considering I could shoot there I'm gonna buy my seat now. WHICH MEANS

the BIG fest will be next saturday with interviews happening in other rooms.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I just pissed off my parents super hardcore today, so I'm grounded this weekend D=

I can still definitely make the interview next saturday (the 28th, when tekkie's in town). Also, I know it's probably going to be just like 3 minutes per person, and we're focusing on those topics mentioned earlier . . . but I have a lot of random ideas I wanna share =D

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
The only problem is I don't have a backdrop or a tripod. I could probably jerry rig something for a tripod for interviews, but I need a black backdrop. Does anyone have black curtains or sheets we could hang up?

fest to start at five.

tekkie

Smash Master
i'm in college but my parents grounded me
i swear to god neil

nolan i have a confirmed ride, friday, leaving (hypothetically) at 4pm. if we get to abq anytime between 5-6, friday, the 28th, can i go straight to your place? can you pm me an address or something?

and i would need a ride back to my house on the west side afterwards

Top Bottom