• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Neil, I have a ps2 controller.
Ahh, thanks for the offer, but I already bought a brand new one for like $10 already. Unless, of course, I return it for a full refund AND forcibly take yours away forever, but that would be a hassle for both of us =D
start registration early at 9:00 AM
Eww . . . If you guys are allowed to relocate to another room AFTER the SUB ballroom timeslot expires at 4:30 pm, why don't we just do the WHOLE tourney at this other room? If that's possible, then we can probably push registration back to noon and start both singles and doubles at 1 pm, and end the whole tournament at 7 pm. That's the standard anyways :cool:
about 8 setups and are expecting about 30-50 entrants.
holy **** if this is really true i'm going to enter
huge headache
tekkie it's okay. everything will work out. by the way i know you said you don't want to enter doubles, but we should practice for AZ SOMEHOW. . . let's do it ;)

two more things

1. that metaknight is ****ing scary. god i hope it goes away after halloween
2. my mind is made up: i'm buying a new stick. Qanba Q4RAF.

EDIT: Zack, could I get a ride to the SRK tournament this weekend? You know, the one on Saturday, November 5th, at Ares War Games? Pretty please? Thanks very much :)

tekkie

Smash Master
tekkie it's okay. everything will work out. by the way i know you said you don't want to enter doubles, but we should practice for AZ SOMEHOW. . . let's do it ;)
as it is i am completely unsure about how i'd get anywhere once i get to abq. i'm not going to show up in abq downtown without a guaranteed ride and at least a place to crash that night and a way to get to unm the day after.

Iria

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately, the other room in question can only hold about 20-30 people, and we cant fit more than about 5 setups in it; hence why it is only for if we go over on time. The ballrooms (the rooms we held the previous tournaments) are occupied after 6PM on every single Saturday evening until the end of the semester. And the room staff requires about 1-1.5 hours to setup for the next event (which is why we have to leave that ballroom at 4:30PM). As for Tekkie, if he can show up before 1PM we can allow him to register for singles. We also will seed the brackets a little (Casey and Walker will help with this). Since I don't know exactly who is or isn't going yet, I can't say what the bracket seeds are yet! Also, we will be handing out name tag stickers for hardware so people can mark their own stuff and we will also take inventory at the sign-up to prevent players from leaving with others' equipment.

The other alternative was to attempt to reserve 2 different smaller rooms in the SUB and run the tournament in those rooms. However, this will cause other major issues:
1) Players will be going between the rooms often and in all the commotion might disturb other non-tournament people in the building.
2) Players might be late to matches since they may be in a different room when their match is announced.
3) Keeping track of hardware becomes even more difficult when it is being moved between rooms.
4) The tournament becomes generally harder to manage in multiple rooms.

Our current arrangement will be fine with the only problems being an early start time and the necessity to relocate to another room if we go over on time (my staff will try their very best to ensure we stay on schedule).

Edit: Tekkie can crash at my place in Lobo Village on 11/11/11 if he wants. Also, I can supply a ride to and from the rail runner.

Napos

Smash Ace
I'm off that Sat gentlemen. Tekkie I can Guarantee right now to be your driver and you can stay at my place if you wish. ****ing Ban MK I don't see the big deal. Unless you really, really want to use MK...do you??? I mean I use to main the SOB but **** it, If he is getting banned in like 2 months what is the point. Let's dance gentlemen. And when is NYTE? I don't got no laptop so I'm like surfing on my small *** blackberry like a boss....................

tekkie

Smash Master
I'm off that Sat gentlemen. Tekkie I can Guarantee right now to be your driver and you can stay at my place if you wish. ****ing Ban MK I don't see the big deal. Unless you really, really want to use MK...do you??? I mean I use to main the SOB but **** it, If he is getting banned in like 2 months what is the point. Let's dance gentlemen. And when is NYTE? I don't got no laptop so I'm like surfing on my small *** blackberry like a boss....................
i have a ride to my place friday night i believe so all i need is a way to unm. if you're going, then this works perfectly.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Fun times, ronald/sam/lewis/brad/twins =D

For those of you who aren't cool enough for e-mail subscriptions, there's a new Humble Indie Bundle out. Pay a ****ing penny (to charity, no less!) for a pretty boss looking game.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

EDIT: Seriously, who has my TVs? Erich? Walker? YOU WON'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Lol, you want them back now?

I don't have any of them. I'd figure Erich since I did have one, but I sent it with him for the abq tourney a few months ago

Iria

Smash Rookie
Another question:

Who can bring setups for the tournament on November 12th? UNM will supply us with 4 CRT TVs and 1 projector. I will bring my own Wii and an LCD TV. In the Anime Club we have 3 confirmed Wiis aside from my own that means we need: 2 TVs and 4 Wiis to make 8 setups. All hardware will be registered upon signing-up for the tournament and be identified with stickers so that all hardware will be returned to their respective owners at the conclusion of the event.

Iria

Smash Rookie
I don't have any CRT that I can bring. I figured any TV is better than none. If we can get 3 CRTs confirmed I won't bring my LCD TV (and I do have component cables).

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Of course the ICs player complains about lag. A truly skilled player doesn't need CRTs to win. Hell, a truly skilled player doesn't even need a picture. I beat my opponents on set-ups that are nothing but a potato with a Brawl disc wedged into it.

tekkie

Smash Master
NMT Super Smash Bros. Brawl Charity Tournament #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Results:

1: Tim Alaska The Rush :sheilda::random:
2: Josh (Cracka) :snake:
3: Jordan :dk2::rob:
4: Gibran :gw:
5: Logan :marth::wolf:
5: Spencer CCC :rob::dedede:
7: Jacob :kirby2:
7: Dannnnn! :kirby2::dk2::ike:
9: Tim Sheaaaaaa? :link2::ike:
9: Matt Leif :wario::falco:
9: Flannnnnn :lucas::fox:
9: Kevin :ike:
13: Amber :peach::toonlink:
13: Ned :luigi2:
13: Curtis :zelda::yoshi2:
13: Tyler :sonic::pt:
17: Leo :marth::pikachu2:
17: Sarah :kirby2:
17: Luis :sheik::sonic:
17: Jack-o_lantern :snake:
17: Jett Utanith :marth:
17: Collin S :samus2:

total entrants: 22

bracket image

for the record, MK is still legal here but not a single person has used him.

again, i didn't enter. just a few friendlies.

[i'll be making a thread for my school soon]

edit: it is complete

double edit: we would absolutely *destroy* NMSU in a crew battle, and that makes me happy

Iria

Smash Rookie
Of course the ICs player complains about lag. A truly skilled player doesn't need CRTs to win. Hell, a truly skilled player doesn't even need a picture. I beat my opponents on set-ups that are nothing but a potato with a Brawl disc wedged into it.
I can bring 3 potatoes but then I need to somewhere get 3 brawl discs and people who allow me to wedge them into my potatoes. We can have waffle fries afterwords.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
YO IRIA, is there any problem with me filming stuff and talking to people at the tournament? If anyone is uncomfortable, i'll be sure to film around them.

ALSO if someone wants to hold the camera for me and maybe pan around the room during my matches I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL (tekkieee?)

Iria

Smash Rookie
Nope, there is no problem with photography/filming at the tournament (just be sure to ask the people in the picture if it's ok).

Also, prizes have been announced. Visit anime.unm.edu for more info (under the Lobo Brawl 4 tab at the top).

Arms

Smash Rookie
YO IRIA, is there any problem with me filming stuff and talking to people at the tournament? If anyone is uncomfortable, i'll be sure to film around them.

ALSO if someone wants to hold the camera for me and maybe pan around the room during my matches I would be ETERNALLY GRATEFUL (tekkieee?)
If tekkie has a match I would be more than willing as well, since I doubt I will be entering.

Napos

Smash Ace
Put me down for one wii, brawl and crt tv. Ill be bringing some peeps to enter as well.

tekkie

Smash Master
Put me down for one wii, brawl and crt tv. Ill be bringing some peeps to enter as well.
are you heading back to the west side once the tournament is done? i know i need a ride with you to UNM beforehand but are you heading straight back afterwards?

Top Bottom