• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I thought that was Sonic, considering that he's the only character that I heard that was developed on in 2007.
Well either way, the roster was clearly not finalized. Sonic could have been the latest addition. The wolf theory isn't mine, it's someone elses. It's based off the fact that wolf is listed last on all the lists in Brawl, asides from Sonic and Snake. (The list theory actually has some validity to it, but again, not my area of expertyness)

I can't go into much detail because I honestly don't know much about Wolf's inclusion or the list theory. I think ArcadeNik or Pieman (I always mix them up) introduced the list theory back last Summer in the SSB4 thread. If they come on again, I'll ask them about it.

I hate to admit this, but the screenshot is fake. Just think about one fact: we're waiting for Sakurai's team to finish Kid Icarus for 3DS. The screen clearly shows HAL as the developer.
I'm asking for solid proof. For all we know they could have been lying to keep things under wraps. You know how sneaky Ninty is. It's one of those rumors that I see as mega important to debunk/prove.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hate to admit this, but the screenshot is fake. Just think about one fact: we're waiting for Sakurai's team to finish Kid Icarus for 3DS. The screen clearly shows HAL as the developer.
HAL isn't working on Kid Icarus.

But I am seeing the logic, considering that if Sakurai hasn't started the game, there wouldn't be a start screen before e3.

BUUUT it might still be named Strife, and that's one of the more reasonable names out there. So, you know.

D

Deleted member

HAL isn't working on Kid Icarus.

But I am seeing the logic, considering that if Sakurai hasn't started the game, there wouldn't be a start screen before e3.

BUUUT it might still be named Strife, and that's one of the more reasonable names out there. So, you know.
I think a more likely name is Clash or Strike.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What's all the fuss about the name and fake screen about?

Sakurai hasn't even started development yet??!!!

Of course, in theory that screenshot could have been a "test shot" idea for beginning development.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A link to a blog that says "OMGZ LIEK THIZ IZ FAEK" isn't proof.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The idea is that they had a picture of a start screen in early June for a game that isn't going to even be started until October.

So it's fake. o_O

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They can find other means to do this by filling up on modes, giving us a fantastic online service, DLC, lots of great multi-player modes, and beefing up the characters, stages, items, etc. They also have to upgrade to past PS3 levels.
I'm assuming that people just plain hate Adventure Mode. There's more to Smash Bros. than just multiplayer after all.

Also, no Adventure Mode, no bosses. I just know that Adventure Mode would work much better on the Wii U than the 3DS, contrary to what people state otherwise.

Anyway we have our opinions, so lets not cause a war with this discussion.

OmegaXXII

We need solid proof or evidence that it's a leak of some sort, otherwise for all I know, someone just photoshopped that god **** thing just to create controversy and hype.

D

Deleted member

I'm assuming that people just plain hate Adventure Mode. There's more to Smash Bros. than just multiplayer after all.

Also, no Adventure Mode, no bosses. I just know that Adventure Mode would work much better on the Wii U than the 3DS, contrary to what people state otherwise.

Anyway we have our opinions, so lets not cause a war with this discussion.
I actually like SSE in Brawl and if there was only the Wii-U version to worry about, I would have no problem with another adventure mode. However, we have the Wii-U and 3DS version and considering that the 3DS version is meant more for the 3DS version, it should go there. It's not that I hate the idea, just that it should not be on the Wii-U.

But yeah, this is more of our own opinion then anything else.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We need solid proof or evidence that it's a leak of some sort, otherwise for all I know, someone just photoshopped that god **** thing just to create controversy and hype.

I don't buy that image either. I would think the title would be called Super Smash Bros. Crusade, but it seems that Crusade is being used on an unofficial game.

majora_787

Smash Hero

It's fake by common sense. And that's the entire point of shopped pictures.

EDIT: Crusade implies that it's just been made into nothing BUT the SSE. Please no.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I suppose I'm not going to get a definitive answer until the title is actually announced. I don't believe it's real, but I want more than just "Nintendo said they haven't started development!" because we all know ho secretive NIntendo is. They could have something done. Again, I'm assuming it's a fake, I just wanted actual proof.

Stage Idea: Dry Dry Desert

One of my personal favorite, and most interesting levels in the Mario series could make an impact on SSB4 with it's unique level design and hazards. The incorperation of these type of hazards and whatnot would be interesting. This could be a side scrolling level that takes the place of Mushroomy Kingdom.

Quicksand, Pokeys, Sand shoots, and Pyramids abound!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
New idea: remember the Trophy Stand that you used in Subspace? What if they made that a multiplayer item and allowed you to use it on opponents? The way I'm imagining it, you throw it at your foe, and they become a trophy. Unable to move or do anything whatsoever, you can now pick your enemy up like an item and throw them off the stage. You need to act fast though, because even though your opponent is trophified, the will eventually re-awaken.

Some things to keep in mind about this:
-Once the opponent is turned into a trophy, they'll remain as such for a few seconds (I'm thinking 10 at the moment). The player's damage increases the time, like the effects of other items (freezie, pitfall, etc).
-Trophied opponents cant take damage. When a character is a trophy, they're basically dense statues and according to Sakurai, dead in a sense. Trophified players will still have that KO explosion that all characters have when kiled.
-The player can't move, although they can be moved by other players. This is a near-guarantee KO item; moreso than the hammers but less effective than Dragoon.
-Trophy victims are heavier than their normal form, so walking to the edge and throwing them off won't be too easy. Its the same as carrying a crate or barrel. I'm wondering whether the victim's weight wiill vary depending on who they are (Bowser being EXTREMELY heavy) or simply have all the weights be equal. I'm leaning towards equal.

Remember, the idea is to turn a player into an item so you can throw them off the stage. Its a way to quickly get rid of someone. Opinions?

D

Deleted member

@BirthNote: This would be a good idea, but it should be even rarer then the Dragoon and all characters under this condition should be slightly heavier then Bowser.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The item sounds insanely cheap. That's my only problem with it. I really didn't like the trophy stand idea in brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of stages, Bowser's Castle deserves a mention, since that too hasn't had much love in Smash Bros..

Edit: The Trophy Stand should only be an Adventure Mode exclusive item. Don't drag it into multiplayer matches.

D

Deleted member

That's kind of too early. They really should wait until Fall, 2012 so they can get a better launch line-up. It's not like all of us are going to immediately line-up for the Wii-U on launch day. I myself, even if I have a mostly positive reaction towards the Wii-U, may not even get it until SSB4 comes out (Assuming of course the roster isn't below 40 slots and the game looks fantastic).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's kind of too early. They really should wait until Fall, 2012 so they can get a better launch line-up. It's not like all of us are going to immediately line-up for the Wii-U on launch day. I myself, even if I have a mostly positive reaction towards the Wii-U, may not even get it until SSB4 comes out (Assuming of course the roster isn't below 40 slots and the game looks fantastic).
I think we need to remember that this has been indevelopement since the Wii's release, I do believe. So I think it's definitely up to par. But I agree that if the launch line-up isn't ready by then than they should hold off. HOpefully it will be though. It looks like a ****ton of 3rd party games are being made, and we have Smash4 and Pikmin 3 confirmed. I'm sure virtually every big franchise has seomthing secretly planned. I just recently read something about Metroid and the Wii U actually.

Katsuya Eguchi -
His reply - unable to disclose any details, but he is "sure there will be a new Metroid release making use of the new controller, not just to control Samus and her ship but also to give the player a new source of information."

D

Deleted member

I think we need to remember that this has been indevelopement since the Wii's release, I do believe. So I think it's definitely up to par. But I agree that if the launch line-up isn't ready by then than they should hold off. HOpefully it will be though. It looks like a ****ton of 3rd party games are being made, and we have Smash4 and Pikmin 3 confirmed. I'm sure virtually every big franchise has seomthing secretly planned. I just recently read something about Metroid and the Wii U actually.

Katsuya Eguchi -
Why Nintendo develops consoles around the previous console release date, I'll never know. I wouldn't say we're getting a ton of third-party support, but the line-up looks, at least right now, better then the Wii (Which is great IMO, since I actually liked the Wii) and it looks that it'll stay that way for a year or two. That said, it's going to need more then mostly ports of upcoming games to get me to buy a Wii-U console before Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why Nintendo develops consoles around the previous console release date, I'll never know. I wouldn't say we're getting a ton of third-party support, but the line-up looks, at least right now, better then the Wii (Which is great IMO, since I actually liked the Wii) and it looks that it'll stay that way for a year or two. That said, it's going to need more then mostly ports of upcoming games to get me to buy a Wii-U console before Smash 4.
New Super Mario Bros. Mii does come to mind. I don't care about the Mii usage, but a new Mario platformer is always welcome to be on a major console.

D

Deleted member

New Super Mario Bros. Mii does come to mind. I don't care about the Mii usage, but a new Mario platformer is always welcome to be on a major console.
Where was it confirmed? Also, I'm sure the quality will rise up gradually, but having too much ports at the beginning is keeping me off from getting it at launch.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As of now there is a lot of ports from third parties, but I know a new Sonic game is in the works, a new Assasains Creed is in the works, Namco has a new Tekken being developed for it, and this game called "Killer Freaks" is being made exclusively for the Wii U by Ubisoft. I'm willing to bet this is just the tip of the ice berg. A lot of third party companies are really supporting this console. I'm suprised, and really in awe that Nintendo has managed to step it up. Plus we have four Nintendo titles in the works. Hopefully some of them will be launch titles!

Here's something for Banjo Kazooie fans. don't you wish you had this?

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
The Wii-U does not have any confirmed first party games besides Smash 4.

That mario bros mii was just a build for e3, I doubt we'll actually see it released

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Wii-U does not have any confirmed first party games besides Smash 4.

That mario bros mii was just a build for e3, I doubt we'll actually see it released
Like I said, the creator of Metroid says that he believes another Metroid will be made for the Wii U. That's kinda confirmation of SOMETHING happening SOMETIME.

Anyways, if you're bored and want to look up all the tech demos/betas and unreleased games nintendo has made. You can see them all here.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And that's what I mean - Project Sora will be developing Smash 4, screen shows HAL.
Sakurai also asked Iwata to get him some help developing the game. Hal had worked on Smash 64 and Melee, so the series wouldn't be that unfamiliar too them. Not saying that "leaked" screenshot is real, as its not. Just don't write off Hal just yet. So the idea of a collaboration is possible. Though they might be busy with Kirby Wii and Kirby Mass Attack.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
^ That's a good point, let's not forget that there were many different Dev teams involved in Brawl. There was A LOT of collaboration between different teams working on different pieces.

OmegaXXII

I'm guessing that HAL might still be in collaboration with Sora and Sakurai in some way as far as devolopment goes, but to what extent? Only time and progress will tell.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm guessing that HAL might still be in collaboration with Sora and Sakurai in some way as far as devolopment goes, but to what extent? Only time and progress will tell.

The more involved the better. Is it coincidence the worst game in the series is the one Hal had the least involvement in? Maybe. Doubt it though.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I was thinking of Nintendo franchises that could be a good source for stages, but not characters. And it struck me that a 3DS launch title (Steel Diver) and a series that had two entries on Wii (Endless Ocean) both took place under the sea. So here's an idea: "Underwater". Basically, you'd be fighting on a submarine platform. Because of the water, some of the physics are a bit different, but not remarkably so, and, of course, the characters can breath (since this is SSB, you really should just relax). Every once and a while, you are attacked by enemy submarines, and some sea-life also comes by. Some of the sea creatures will attack you, but others simply are there for decoration or in some cases platforms. Some scuba divers will come down as well every once and a while, but they are just for decoration. Occasionally, there will be some cameos by Cheep-Cheeps, water Pokemon and other little nods, but they are blink-if-you-miss-them cameos.

Music:
Steel Diver theme: http://youtu.be/uMi5RZvYzVU
Endless Ocean: Blue World's Danger Theme: http://youtu.be/hX5Wl1ArWzI
Endless Ocean: Blue World -- Aquarium/ Let's Get Ready to Dive: http://youtu.be/p7YCvFRDKEU
Endless Ocean: Blue World -- The Cavern of Gods: http://youtu.be/hWecVq95vyE
Some music from Endless Ocean 1 (which is hard to find on Youtube, mainly because people could just use their own MP3s)
A medley of tunes from Radar Mission
And of course.... The Mario Underwater theme

Thoughts?

OmegaXXII

I like some of those ideas, it's always nice to have some Nintendo Franchise involved in some way, even if it's not with characters, a good example would be Animal Crossing.

I always wanted a stage that would have a menu of some sort like the wii menu in the background as a stage, or the Wii acting as the stage support, yea I know it's weird but it could sort of work like PokeFloats or Majora's Mask in Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom