• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmmmm.

Three of the OVAs will focus on Pit, two of them will focus on Palutena, and one of them will focus on Medusa.

It also seems these OVAs will be distributed through the Nintendo e-shop.
Hmmm... That's interesting.
I wonder how they'll be distributed...

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought they were going to be distributed through the nintendo video application

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
]What kind of fools do you take us all for?Oh, and to Shortie.
FOOL! I'm not talking about your damn roster, I was never talking about it in the first place, get that straight, it's "something" else I'm working on, well....gotta go, just needed to clarify this.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
FOOL! I'm not talking about your damn roster, I was never talking about it in the first place, get that straight, it's "something" else I'm working on, well....gotta go, just needed to clarify this.
Well, this is the first time I've seen Omega truly frustrated in any way.

Time to use a phrase you've used before on others: cool down.

He's just frustrated you haven't finished much that you talk of.

Er, which person was Omega?
Omega, as his user name used to be, is also King Omasassekke.

Interesting, I thought there would only be 3 OVAs. :laugh:

Anyway this is major support for already more likely Palutena, and is the first sign of support for Medusa.

Too bad about the E-Shop though, as I don't have a DSi or 3DS. :(
The OVAs combined with the game will definitely increase popularity and support for Palutena and Medusa even moreso. I'm seeing one or two Kid Icarus reps now as very likely (and I know I'm late to come to this hypothesis :p).

Oh, King. Wait, why'd he get banned...? That sucks. I mean, I didn't find him really rude... maybe it was from another topic.

Anyway, as Shortie said, removals aren't too unusual now. I mean, if Brawl had everyone, sure, I wouldn't want anyone removed. But since it'll probably become a standard in SSB, I'm just going to accept it overall. It's not the first series to do it, and it won't be the last.
He isn't now banned as his recent post shows. It was temporary and repealed for some reason. Don't know why he'd get banned anyways.

In terms of removals, I expect at the least one character removed and at most three characters gone. That's my general prediction, although I wouldn't be surprised to see no one gone.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Er, which person was Omega?

Oh, King. Wait, why'd he get banned...? That sucks. I mean, I didn't find him really rude... maybe it was from another topic.

Anyway, as Shortie said, removals aren't too unusual now. I mean, if Brawl had everyone, sure, I wouldn't want anyone removed. But since it'll probably become a standard in SSB, I'm just going to accept it overall. It's not the first series to do it, and it won't be the last.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
HRM, apparently one of those six Kid Icarus short animations is going to feature Medusa as the PROTAGONIST. That'll be pretty interesting.

How often do we see that sort of characterization from Nintendo.
Hmmmm.

Three of the OVAs will focus on Pit, two of them will focus on Palutena, and one of them will focus on Medusa.

Interesting, I thought there would only be 3 OVAs. :laugh:

Anyway this is major support for already more likely Palutena, and is the first sign of support for Medusa.

Too bad about the E-Shop though, as I don't have a DSi or 3DS. :(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He isn't now banned as his recent post shows. It was temporary and repealed for some reason. Don't know why he'd get banned anyways.

In terms of removals, I expect at the least one character removed and at most three characters gone. That's my general prediction, although I wouldn't be surprised to see no one gone.
Oh. Well, he can probably tell us in the broom or something.

I have a feeling Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the most likely for removals. Lucario'll probably leave, and possibly Pokemon Trainer. Ike is more than likely gone.

Lucario'll most likely be replaced by a 5th Gen character, and Ike'll be replaced by a new Lord.(hopefully not blue-haired)

Of course, this is what I think'll happen.

Also, could you please quote me in a message below mine more often? It's annoying scrolling up constantly. Thanks. :)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
testing new avatar... got rid of the old one since i got a haircut and it doesn't look like the previous avi's doo.

what did i miss besides omega getting banned briefly?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I have a feeling Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the most likely for removals. Lucario'll probably leave, and possibly Pokemon Trainer. Ike is more than likely gone.

Lucario'll most likely be replaced by a 5th Gen character, and Ike'll be replaced by a new Lord.(hopefully not blue-haired)

Also, could you please quote me in a message below mine more often? It's annoying scrolling up constantly. Thanks. :)
I was thinking the same removals were in order here. Every other group has what they need, and don't need to constantly update because of newer characters.
On an unrelated note, I'm gonna start spriting my new avi on Wednesday. It's going to be my most random sprite ever, so keep an eye out! :)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Yah, I can do that (quoting below you). No problem. ;)

As for who I can see getting the cut, I can see a Pokemon character or the third-parties being axed. I'm not expecting Ike to be cut, but rather we get a third Fire Emblem rep - that third rep will, IMO, either be Chrome/Krom (the newest FE lord recently announced) or Roy.

Anyways, here's an idea I've suggested before: How about switching All-Star and Adventure modes in terms of which one is unlockable?

All-Star mode would be available at the start, and would start with just starting characters. However, as you unlock characters by other means, those characters are added into All-Star, progessively increasing the difficult with each unlocked character.

Once you unlock 75% of the hidden characters, you unlock Adventure Mode, which is preferably improved from Brawl's SSE of course. Through Adventure Mode as well as some other means like Vs. matches, you can unlock the last 25% of hidden characters.

Also, Opossum's dream gave me an interesting idea for finishing All-Star mode. After finishing the final battle and credits, the player (with the character they selected for All-Star mode) suddenly appears on a long, generic platforming stage with a time limit. The player's goal is to rush towards the end of this level within the time limit, where they can see a large switch on the ground. The player activates the switch, and sirens and beacons of red light will shine. The screen will then enter the "Challenger Approaching!" screen, and a fight with the hidden character will ensue.

These character unlock levels will only appear after completing All-Star with a certain number of characters. For example, it takes five completions of All-Star with five different characters for the first level to appear which, if completed, will lead to fight with Hidden Character A.

Anyways, that's my idea, with credits to Opossum for the original concept. Thoughts?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait Omega got banned!? :confused:

Didn't see that one coming. :ohwell:

As for cuts, yes I'm very much against them, but after no MM in MvC3, I guess I can handle any cuts at this point. Although I doubt we'll see a FE cut. If anything it'll be Pokemon and or SF (for Krystal).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

As for cuts, yes I'm very much against them, but after no MM in MvC3, I guess I can handle any cuts at this point. Although I doubt we'll see a FE cut. If anything it'll be Pokemon and or SF (for Krystal).
No Star Fox cuts please. It's pretty much all Pokemon from here. I'm also against Solid Snake's return, just to refresh everyone's memory.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally don't want any cuts, and for Mewtwo and Roy to return. Who knows what Sakurai will do for Smash 4 in regards to cuts considering that many in the Japanese fanbase were bitter about Roy and Mewtwo being cut.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmmm.

Yup, the fact Palutena gets more attention than Medusa tells me that Palutena is more important than Medusa in the series. Palutena was in all three games whereas Medusa have been in two of them (not appearing in the GB sequel). If we are getting both goddesses, I would wager $100 on Palutena being revealed first, either in the first trailer or confirmed on the Dojo... while Medusa is an unlockable character.

D

Deleted member

@Removal: With my low expectations, I'm expecting more removals then Brawl to avoid disappointment, but I do expect Ike to stay. But I really want to avoid cutting period and have Mewtwo and Roy back.
JavaCroc said:
You may have already responded, in which case I simply forgot, but I think a couple of the match-ups are unfair. Waluigi and Krytstal, for example, stand no chance against Paper Mario and Ridley respectively. My preferred match-ups for some of the characters you selected:

Waluigi Vs. Rosalina
Paper Mario Vs.] Young Link
Geno Vs.] Black Mage
Little Mac Vs. Isaac
Shulk Vs. Saki
Ray MK III Vs. Starfy
Megaman Vs. Slime
Professor Layton Vs. Ryu Hayabusa

It does add some characters into the competition, but I feel these are fairer match-ups.
Given that this will be on GameFAQs, I think Waluigi would have a fair shot of getting into the Top 16 and maybe even the Top 8 since he seems to be decently popular, so he'll stay. As for Krystal, I am not sure what to do with her. I don't want to swap Ridley and Dixie Kong since I don't want to pit two of some of the most wanted characters in the first round. I could swap Krystal's and Samurai Goroh's spot, but on the other hand, I'm wanting to having the first round be a battle between the two potential F-zero reps since it is almost a given that Ridley will beat Krystal and Samurai Goroh.

As for your match-ups, I'd pull a 64 characters match-up, but I think that is too much, so I'm trying to limit myself to 32 characters.

@ChronoBound: How would you react to this roster? (not my ideal roster, just a roster that I came up with that got mixed reaction)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Well, he was then he wasn't. And now he is again. What the heck is happening? :confused:

Given that this will be on GameFAQs, I think Waluigi would have a fair shot of getting into the Top 16 and maybe even the Top 8 since he seems to be decently popular, so he'll stay. As for Krystal, I am not sure what to do with her. I don't want to swap Ridley and Dixie Kong since I don't want to pit two of some of the most wanted characters in the first round. I could swap Krystal's and Samurai Goroh's spot, but on the other hand, I'm wanting to having the first round be a battle between the two potential F-zero reps since it is almost a given that Ridley will beat Krystal and Samurai Goroh.

As for your match-ups, I'd pull a 64 characters match-up, but I think that is too much, so I'm trying to limit myself to 32 characters.
I don't go on GameFaqs - registration asks for too much over there -, so I wouldn't know much about who GameFaqs supports or not. Anyways, I can understand restricting yourself to 32 match-ups, so fair enough. Good luck. :)

Re-posting from above post since I don't want to edit old post too much now:

Anyways, here's an idea I've suggested before: How about switching All-Star and Adventure modes in terms of which one is unlockable?

All-Star mode would be available at the start, and would start with just starting characters. However, as you unlock characters by other means, those characters are added into All-Star, progessively increasing the difficult with each unlocked character.

Once you unlock 75% of the hidden characters, you unlock Adventure Mode, which is preferably improved from Brawl's SSE of course. Through Adventure Mode as well as some other means like Vs. matches, you can unlock the last 25% of hidden characters.

Also, Opossum's dream gave me an interesting idea for finishing All-Star mode. After finishing the final battle and credits, the player (with the character they selected for All-Star mode) suddenly appears on a long, generic platforming stage with a time limit. The player's goal is to rush towards the end of this level within the time limit, where they can see a large switch on the ground. The player activates the switch, and sirens and beacons of red light will shine. The screen will then enter the "Challenger Approaching!" screen, and a fight with the hidden character will ensue.

These character unlock levels will only appear after completing All-Star with a certain number of characters. For example, it takes five completions of All-Star with five different characters for the first level to appear which, if completed, will lead to fight with Hidden Character A.

Anyways, that's my idea, with credits to Opossum for the original concept. Thoughts?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
SSBF, I personally think your match-ups are perfect.

However, I think this OVA revelation further cements that Palutena and Medusa are the two contenders for Kid Icarus newcomer spots.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking the same removals were in order here. Every other group has what they need, and don't need to constantly update because of newer characters.
On an unrelated note, I'm gonna start spriting my new avi on Wednesday. It's going to be my most random sprite ever, so keep an eye out! :)

Spriting sounds good. And yeah, we don't need more than four Pokemon main slots anyway. Unless other series are going to get huge updates, then it's fine. But they should never have more than Mario(which currently has four main slots, Wario/Yoshi/Donkey Kong are their own series).

JavaCroc said:
Yah, I can do that (quoting below you). No problem.

As for who I can see getting the cut, I can see a Pokemon character or the third-parties being axed. I'm not expecting Ike to be cut, but rather we get a third Fire Emblem rep - that third rep will, IMO, either be Chrome/Krom (the newest FE lord recently announced) or Roy.
I don't think the third parties need axing, though. They're unique in their own right. If anything, we can have 2 or 3 more(max, imo). There's a fair amount of series to choose from. MegaMan, any Square series, hell, even Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat works. I'd say Killer Instinct, but that's impossible. And keep in mind that Mortal Kombat was done as rated T for Teen with VS DC Universe, and could actually be made in a non-bloody manner. Scorpion could be interesting, or Sub-Zero, or hell, even Shao Kahn.(I made a moveset for Kahn, although his Air attacks sucked.) But realistically, MK has barely a chance.(I'd say 0% if it weren't for Metal Gear Solid getting repped, and that's a Mature series)

D

Deleted member

However, I think this OVA revelation further cements that Palutena and Medusa are the two contenders for Kid Icarus newcomer spots.
I concur that the two main Kid Icarus characters in competition are those. Magnus seems very unlikely to show up after all of these information, which is good since I really don't want him in and it seems as support for him is dying.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I personally don't want any cuts, and for Mewtwo and Roy to return. Who knows what Sakurai will do for Smash 4 in regards to cuts considering that many in the Japanese fanbase were bitter about Roy and Mewtwo being cut.
Well, for me... I would not hold my breath for Ike, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer's 1st gen starters, and Snake. I am also unsure about the retro characters (Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B.) because I don't know if it is likely we would get many retro characters and it is entirely possible we could have them swapped for new retro characters. I am even beginning to doubt Captain Falcon and the Mother boys because their franchises are pretty much dead (or dormant). So, maybe we could get new characters from new franchises to fill the void left by them. If we aren't getting the Mother boys, then gimme the Golden Sun father and son duo.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yes... link was quite unique in Soul calibur, i loved using that bomb on Nightmare. it will forever be a fond memory much like snakes n sonics will be a fond memory of smash bros.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, he was then he wasn't. And now he is again. What the heck is happening? :confused:

...Unless he's specifically changing his description to fool us.

Re-posting from above post since I don't want to edit old post too much now:

I really like this concept for two reasons:
1. It beats the SSE in the fact that you can't unlock all of characters incredibly easily. It makes you earn them.
2. It would make All-Star mode more than just a last thing you do to get a bunch of trophies.
I think it's a great concept.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I never had any doubt for either goddess. I was a big supporter of BOTH since the day Uprising was announced, you remember that, right? I remember you saying that fans would start arguing about Palutena or Medusa (you correctly predicted that) and I was always saying that we could get BOTH.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: I just looked at your roster, looks fine to me. Although I do have my doubts on how well this will work seeing as it's being done on Gamefaqs. :ohwell:

As for the KI reps, I think that's great that there's no Magnus, I have no interest in him for being playable. There is next to no support for him and based on Sakurai's statements about overrepping his series I think supports this idea even more. Although I will say that the only Magnus support I've seen so far is Iblis.

Still I do have a feeling that we'll be seeing both Palutena and Medusa get in. If one of them doesn't get in, it's like having Mario without Luigi.

After all this KI talk I may want to go back to my old avatar. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, this just came to thought but might some customization options be done with those AR cards for the 3DS?

Based on Uprising, Sakurai seems to have a major interest in them. SSB the TCG, WTF!? :laugh:

EDIT: Oops, DP. Sorry.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i wouldn't like trading cards but i suppose it's highly likely considering Nintendo has dealt with playing cards once upon a time ago. i dumped hundreds of dollars on pokemon and yugioh cards in my prime... i could have had more games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm, this just came to thought but might some customization options be done with those AR cards for the 3DS?

Based on Uprising, Sakurai seems to have a major interest in them. SSB the TCG, WTF!? :laugh:

EDIT: Oops, DP. Sorry.
...Fun fact: I worked on an SSB TCG once. Something similar to Pokemon, but it used "Move cards" that gave specific moves to characters. For example, there was stuff for Fox, Falco, and Luigi, being their Fox Fire, (Falco Up B), and Luigi Missile.

It could be interesting. Although I have a feeling it'll just be something like the Power Rangers or Super Mario Galaxy one. Collection only.

As for customizable options, it'll probably be a Mii.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
i wouldn't like trading cards but i suppose it's highly likely considering Nintendo has dealt with playing cards once upon a time ago.
Kid 1: Do you have...the 10 of Kirbies?
Kid 2: Go Fish!
Kid 1: Darn! All I have are Kirbies and Samuses!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm down for trading cards. It would be a good, and realistic, new collectible to add into the next game. Surprised they did not go that route sooner.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm down for trading cards. It would be a good, and realistic, new collectible to add into the next game. Surprised they did not go that route sooner.
It'd be cooler than stickers, that's for sure.

Actually, as --- suggested, if they use the 3DS's AR cards as the basis for Smash Bros. trading cards, there's so much more potential. Imagine using the 3DS to get a 3D image of the object or character in the card instead of collecting individual trophies for 3D models. They could easily replace trophies in that manner.

Anyone other than PoppyBro want to comment on my All-Star/Adventure modes idea?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SSBF, basically, when it comes down to where to put Krystal, I think it depends on if you want her to have an actual shot. She is a terrible candidate to put up against Ridley. Goroh is a MUCH better choice IMO. Give her to Black Shadow. IF YOU DON'T Ridley and Goroh are going to face off either way. Krystal WILL NOT beat Ridley, and Goroh will most likely beat out Black Shadow.

Essentially, I hate that I know who the top three are going to be already. Mewtwo, Megaman, Ridley.

@Godess debates

Watch us get neither.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I actually suggested the idea of cards all the way back in 2004.

Also, to Arcadenik, Captain Falcon, Ness, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch are positively safe. Jigglypuff and ROB are also both very unlikely to be cut. It is absolutely absurd that you even entertain the idea that Captain Falcon (whom Sakurai has said was his favorite character in Smash 64) would be cut.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If any franchise is going to see a cut, it's going to be the Pokemon franchise.

I mean, I certainly don't see this happening:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo
3rd Gen

Eight Pokes?.... I do not like. although I wouldn't mind six. Just cut Pokemon trainer, and add another singular Pokemon in his place. (Doexys/Charizard/Meowth/another 3rd gen anyone)

@SSBF, the rules are fine enough....it's the concept I have problems with.

D

Deleted member

There are many things that makes Super Smash Bros. unique and special. The one thing that sets it apart the most is the characters, who are taken from numerous games of Nintendo's past, present, and future, and are merged together in an all-star fight throughout Nintendo's history.

So it comes natural that many characters have been highly requested for a spot in Super Smash Bros. Many notable characters have become playable, but there are still quite a few remaining that have not shown up. As such, many people ponder on this one question...

Who is the Most Wanted Character for Super Smash Bros. 4?
From Left to Right: Bowser Jr., Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Tingle, Ridley, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Victini, Little Mac, Starfy, Palutena, Medusa, Shulk, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Ray (Custom Robo), Roy, Krom, Takamaru, Lip, Mega Man, Professor Layton, Slime, Geno.
How This Tournament Works:
This tournament pits 32 characters against each other (30 newcomers and 2 returnees) in a battle of who is the most wanted.

There are five rounds. Each round last a day and is between two characters. Whoever you prefer you vote for (and optionally, reasons as why you picked said character.). Whoever receives the most vote shall advance to the next round. The winner of the competition will be considered "The Most Wanted", which is a title granted to the most requested character for SSB4.

I strongly, strongly encourage debating the two characters that are up and defend the one that you think is the overall better choice. If your arguments are convincing enough, you just made sway some people to supporting the character you feel is the better out of the two.

Rules:
1. Show respect to people participating in the tournament. You may disagree with them, but that is not a reason to throw a fit.

2. When I say debating, I do not say "flame". There is a difference. Debating is defending your choices and logically arguing against another one for who is the better choice. Flaming is where things get personal between two people and this is meant to be a fun thing, not something that ends up as a flame war. The last thing we need is a deleted topic.

3. If you aren't willing to participate in a round, don't waste our time. Every time someone puts a "Neither" vote, it is futile and a waste of effort.

Any suggestions on how to improve the rule set or concept?

FAQs:
How long will a voting day last?

Twenty four hours on a match between two characters. So the first round will last sixteen days (as we go through sixteen matches), the second round eight days (eight matches), etc. until we get to the end.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@SSBF: I can't think of any improvement besides character placement. I don't like Ridley and Krystal next to eachother.

Besides that, rules are good. How long between voting?

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: I can't think of any improvement besides character placement. I don't like Ridley and Krystal next to eachother.

Besides that, rules are good. How long between voting?
You mean how long the voting days are? Twenty-four hours (so the first round will take sixteen days as we will have sixteen matches).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom