• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maaan, how UGLY she was back those days. Which is why Medusa's episode's would be the most interesting one to watch. How in the world she returned from her ugly, former Giant Wall Of Doom-form?

Oasis: Me too. I totally expect her to do this in Uprising, too.
(-lvl-)^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There really is a Kid Icarus anime coming out eh..? Can anyone provide me with links or the like?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maaan, how UGLY she was back those days. Which is why Medusa's episode's would be the most interesting one to watch. How in the world she returned from her ugly, former Giant Wall Of Doom-form.

:phone:
It may be interesting, but fanservice sells. :troll:

@Diddy: Here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario&Sonic guy: I think that'd work better perhaps yeah. Not sure if I really 100% get it though, but you could want Nightmare as a Kirby-exclusive boss I guess. Because why not?
It's just an idea that has been in my head for many months, so it's not like people are going to agree with me with everything.

On a side note, Galacta Knight is another Kirby boss that I have inputted. I haven't really inputted his role in the story, but he'd be a neutral boss, who serves no one but himself (similar to like how Rayquaza is not affiliated with the Subspace Army). I will tell you that Kirby would be a character choice that you can use against him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks. Is a real cool idea though. And seeing how well Pokémon did with the anime, I don't think 3 total Kid Icarus characters are a bad idea really.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm....the dusty fight animation? Hmmm... like Meta Knight's Tornado move? I guess that could work...!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tri-Hy: Not like that!! (-XωX-);

I mean, how did she got her strength, army, etc back. Reminds me how Ganondorf seems quite sexy compared to his former Ganon-form, for some.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thanks. Is a real cool idea though. And seeing how well Pokémon did with the anime, I don't think 3 total Kid Icarus characters are a bad idea really.
Actually that's a really good point.

In 64 we had 2 Pokemon characters but only 2 games in the series. Therefore the 3 KI characters but only 3 games arguement is now void.

Of course, at the moment we'll have to see how well Uprising does before anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it will sell a lot. If it's actually going to be really, really good is another thing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is not going to "begin" until the OVAs are released. However, the Palutena vs. Medusa rivalry might not last long considering that one of the two probably has a high chance of being among the first newcomers unveiled.
It seems that you were right... LOL I remember way back in June 2010, on the day Kid Icarus Uprising was announced... you said that there would be supporters in war between Palutena and Medusa. Many people immediately sided with Medusa and Palutena had few supporters (including me)...but there were even fewer people who support both (I supported both from day one).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Arcadenik: I support both being in Smash 4, for sake of perfect presentation.

If Palutena makes it BTW,NERDY PALUTENA TAUNT PLZ.

Mix with Diddy Kong using his boombox. Instant WIN

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I thought Yellow was out before the first Smash...
It came out right before, but Smash was in development longer so that can be debated.

It seems that you were right... LOL I remember way back in June 2010, on the day Kid Icarus Uprising was announced... you said that there would be supporters in war between Palutena and Medusa. Many people immediately sided with Medusa and Palutena had few supporters (including me)...but there were even fewer people who support both (I supported both from day one).
No one is really fighting, if anything it's just me and Oasis just playing around. This is no where close to one of those dumb alliance wars Pre-Brawl.

I'm fine with either one of them getting in, but I, of course, do have some bias.

VVV Even more good points. :surprised:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually that's a really good point.

In 64 we had 2 Pokemon characters but only 2 games in the series. Therefore the 3 KI characters but only 3 games arguement is now void.

Of course, at the moment we'll have to see how well Uprising does before anything.
Not only that..but Star Fox had two games out at the time Melee came out... and it had two characters. Not to mention Mother having only three games in about 20 years and it gained a second character after the third game came out. Granted that they were clones of Fox or Ness... at least there's little to no chance Palutena and/or Medusa would be clones of Pit... though it is probable they would be similar to each other with some differences. Maybe Palutena could use the new stuff from Uprising that Pit used in that game while Pit retains his Brawl moveset but gives Palutena his old Final Smash and gets a new one from Uprising. Medusa, I am not sure what she could do... but if Sakurai knows his Greek mythology... I would like to see Medusa turn characters into stone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmmm....the dusty fight animation? Hmmm... like Meta Knight's Tornado move? I guess that could work...!
Thanks.

I feel it should work really well seeing Tingle is so cowardly, the animation could be him pulling character's hair, tripping them over, you know - cowardly stuff. He'd take damage himself to, and it's always a kind of gamble if you come out better than your opponent. It's an option for Tingle that he doesn't really like- but he'd like trading blows even less given his rather slow attacks with short reach and low priority. So his playstyle would mostly be projectile spam with Rupees, and not getting hit. He could have some tripping attacks as well similary how the bananas work, but they'd take skill to use. I imagine his grabs could be kind of better than average to though, so make up for his -mostly- suckiness.

He'd be a hard character to master, not one of the strongest either- but highly irritating for your opponent. A sort of character you'd pick to use against your little brother. A joke character, but in the right hands less of a joke than seemed at first apperance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think a Smash anime would end up disappointing the fans... look at Subspace Emissary. It probably would have gotten away with it in the 1980s like Captain N did.... now that was Smash Bros. of the 1980s.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think it will sell a lot. If it's actually going to be really, really good is another thing.
^This. After all it is a Nintendo game.

But Sakurai said he thought Melee was "sharper" than Brawl, so hopefully SSB4 will turn out to be more like Melee. Also, Nintendo seems to be doing better when it comes to knowing which games should be made for a core audience IMO, now that I've seen SMG2, Zelda SS, and DKCR. So I do have some faith that it won't be another Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh, OK, we put Kid Icarus into a nintendo anime, but not an SSB Anime? What the F*** is wrong with that scene?

I'll probably watch it anyways -_-
The problem would be the plot, anticipation (We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS-anime) and how characters would be portrayed. Would they talk? It'd turn easily to be Subspace Emissary: Anime-version.
(-=^=-);

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^This. After all it is a Nintendo game.

But Sakurai said he thought Melee was "sharper" than Brawl, so hopefully SSB4 will turn out to be more like Melee. Also, Nintendo seems to be doing better when it comes to knowing which games should be made for a core audience IMO, now that I've seen SMG2, Zelda SS, and DKCR. So I do have some faith that it won't be another Brawl.
You mention Skyward Sword, so I'll just ask: Impa instead of Sheik. How'd you like that?

Speaking of which, I think I'll go further with my Skyward Sword Hero Mode run... Totally forgot about it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The problem would be the plot, anticipation (We're talking about SUPER SMASH BROS-anime) and how characters would be portrayed. Would they talk? It'd turn easily to be Subspace Emissary: Anime-version.
(-=^=-);

I would NOT complain about a Subspace version, nor would anyone. If they had an anime, people who like Smash WILL buy it.

O_O... Damn... Nice artwork. Could be used in a SSB ANIME! T_T

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Palutena and Medusa are BOUND to be similar to each other in some respects. Just like Dixie would be with Diddy. Not necessarily clones, but still. In some regards, maybe that's the way it should be? It would sort of emphasize that one is of light, and one is of darkness, yeah? Maybe that's just me.

@Diddy Kong: How does this make you feel.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Asage: I like the idea, but really, it's all about execution. And maan, the pressure behind doing a PROPER SSB-anime woukd be huge one. (-l.l-);
I mean, Subspace bombed bad for dedicated Nintendo-fans. No Subspace-version, thanks.
But how would be this 'proper' Smash-anime be done? How would fans think about it? Will it do justice and great tribute to Nintendo? THAT'S the hard part.
(-l,l-)

But I really wish for digital artwork like that in SSB4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Diddy Kong

Personally, I would like Impa over Sheik and have Zelda be her own character. I play with Zelda more than Sheik anyway. As far as new Zelda characters go, I want Tingle the most.

@ Oasis

Yes, I think that makes sense, too... Palutena and Medusa are opposites of the same coin... so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up similar to each other. I just hope that they play differently even though they might have some similar B moves.

@ asage

That picture with Palutena drawn in anime makes me want her in Smash more! I bet she would look amazing!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Honestly an SSB anime would fail in my opinion the only game that has/had a decent anime is Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@asage94: That image sure looks impressive. Palutena may not be on my roster, but I'm game if she does make the playable spot.

@Opelucid: I thought Kirby wasn't too bad.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Horsetail Well, yes, pressure IS a big thing about SSB, but if you think about it, they can afford to make an SSB Subspace, and throw off a little bit. If not, make something like a Nintendo short: Rivals facing each other, anime style!
Mario VS Kirby, for example.

@Opelucid Pokemon is running high, but so is Sonic *shrugs*

Nintendo has confirmed 6 anime shorts (Kid Icarus) to be released via Nintendo Video on the Nintendo 3DS, currently slated for early 2012.

Well, what the hell? Just, put'em on DVD.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess I could work on a Medusa moveset to go with my Palutena moveset, I've already gotten requests for one anyway.

Although, chances are they will share at least a few moves in the actual game (and probably in my movesets as well :ohwell:).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@ Oasis

Yes, I think that makes sense, too... Palutena and Medusa are opposites of the same coin... so I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up similar to each other. I just hope that they play differently even though they might have some similar B moves.
Palutena's totally going to turn people to stone as her Special move. :troll:

I think it's the normal moves where they'll be most similar? They'll LOOK very different though, because Palutena would have LIGHTY effects, and Medusa would have DARKNESS effects... and if they REALLY wanted to make her flashy, she'd use SNAKES MADE OF DARK MAGIC for her attacks. That would just be amazing. (That's seriously why I'm biased towards her. Which is ridiculous because there is absolutely no evidence she would do that as she HAS NEVER DONE IT BEFORE)

Also hush about an SSB anime. So dumb. I want a Metroid anime. The manga wasn't too bad. BD

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You mention Skyward Sword, so I'll just ask: Impa instead of Sheik. How'd you like that?

Speaking of which, I think I'll go further with my Skyward Sword Hero Mode run... Totally forgot about it.
It would make sense if they used Zelda's design from SS. But on another note, I have a strong feeling Ghirahim will be a character.

I'm actually still at the Earth Temple entrance in my Hero Mode run. I should probably get on it...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All of a sudden, I've been wondering if Eggplant Wizard would get a spot as a mid-boss. At least that way, he'd not only be an Assist Trophy, but also be involved in Adventure Mode as well.

I'd probably get a good laugh out of it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Instead of an anime, how about little animated shorts a la Looney Tunes except they'd be CG animated instead of the traditional 2D animation

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also hush about an SSB anime. So dumb. I want a Metroid anime. The manga wasn't too bad. BD
Yet, you agree that ZSamus SHOULDN'T meet Snake?
..Moving on.

It would make sense if they used Zelda's design from SS. But on another note, I have a strong feeling Ghirahim will be a character.
Ghirahim has a strong sense to lick all the characters. (B) Lick, like Yoshi :troll:

Another anime pic:

What I'd like to say here is that this is VERY similar to Halo: Legends.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Palutena and Medusa are BOUND to be similar to each other in some respects. Just like Dixie would be with Diddy. Not necessarily clones, but still. In some regards, maybe that's the way it should be? It would sort of emphasize that one is of light, and one is of darkness, yeah? Maybe that's just me.

@Diddy Kong: How does this make you feel.
If it resembles Mach Rider somehow I'm cool with that attack.

And yes, totally agree with the Diddy / Dixie , Palutena / Medusa part. Surely they'll be somewhat similar. Doesn't mean they'll have to be clones. Just similar in the way say, Samus and Captain Falcon where in Smash 64.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Metroid anime? Nah, I'd rather them just stick to telling the story through cutscenes like in Other M (even if those cutscenes weren't all that good LOL)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Kirby was alright I guess, I don't think they could make a Smash Bros anime but maybe a special or something.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
@Horsetail Well, yes, pressure IS a big thing about SSB, but if you think about it, they can afford to make an SSB Subspace, and throw off a little bit. If not, make something like a Nintendo short: Rivals facing each other, anime style!
Mario VS Kirby, for example.
Fans highly want more than just slew of battle episodes. Also doing an SSB-anime = doing a massive Nintendo-crossover. No wonder the anticipation and expections would be high.
(-'.'-)

They were given a similar opportunity with doing Adventure Mode for SSBB, whivh turned to Subspace. Lost my faith on proper SSB-anime or story there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I'm actually still at the Earth Temple entrance in my Hero Mode run. I should probably get on it...
I'm at the exact same location right now in Hero Mode lolz.

Impa has imo the upper hand because I feel it'd be easier for her to fit in. She doesn't have those you know... quirks Ghirahim has, and isn't a one-off like him. Ghirahim is quite the fad now with Skyward Sword being so recent, but I have a feeling that Impa is going to be reappearing a lot since now.

That's just a quick explanation though. These guys can probably tell you I can get pretty deep in defending Impa :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom