• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While there were many people upset about Captain Ganondorf after Melee's release, I will tell you that they would have been much, much angrier if Ganondorf was not in there at all (he was the most wanted character after Melee's unveil).
I personally think they would complain that Zelda / Sheik and Young Link made it over a more deserving character.

And yes, I think it was Bowser to.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
All right, here is my 50 character roster

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Bowser

Yoshi

Wario

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganandorf
Ghirahim
Toon Link

Samus
Ridley

Captain Falcon

Ness
Lucas

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Olimar

Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe
Bandana Dee

Starfy

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Victini

Marth
Ike
Krom

Pit

Issac

Little Mac

Ice Climbers

Mr Game and Watch

Sukapon

R.O.B.

Prince of Sable

Snake
Sonic
Mega Man
Slime

:phone:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Tikis. That is all.
If Tikis are in Smash 4 instead of Kremlings, I will go ape****. Especially if K Rool is on the roster. I can't think of dumber villains than the Tikis and any real DK fan would never them over Kremlings.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait... I thought Bowser was the most wanted? Or have people been telling me lies again

Not doubting you or anything, just curious
He was most wanted probably PRIOR to the E3 unveil.

He does have the most votes on the Melee poll, I know that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you play as Ganondorf?
Do you like how Bowser Plays?
That's not the point.... just because I don't like how Bowser plays doesn't mean they need to make a different version of Bowser that might suit my tastes. If I don't like how Bowser play, fine... I move on to another character like Peach or Yoshi... why do I need another Bowser?

I wanted Wario in Brawl... but I hated his moveset... I am not going to demand Sakurai give me another Wario. I want him to fix the one we already have.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If Tikis are in Smash 4 instead of Kremlings, I will go ape****. Especially if K Rool is on the roster. I can't think of dumber villains than the Tikis and any real DK fan would never them over Kremlings.

I don't want them either, but I know how Nintendo operates.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
32 Members viewing this thread? 20 Members? Damn...

Anyway I'd be pretty annoyed if we got Tiki's over the Kremlings too and I'm not even that big of a Donkey Kong fan.

Tikis where in Mario Kart 7 so I've heard... :/ K.Rool and Kremlings should totally make it though. I wouldn't like the Kremling race to go extinct... Them being crocodiles wouldn't make sence NOT to live anyway...
Yes they are. On DK Jungle

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tikis where in Mario Kart 7 so I've heard... :/ K.Rool and Kremlings should totally make it though. I wouldn't like the Kremling race to go extinct... Them being crocodiles wouldn't make sence NOT to live anyway...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wanted Wario in Brawl... but I hated his moveset... I am not going to demand Sakurai give me another Wario. I want him to fix the one we already have.
Well that's what you're going to get from Ganondorf I can tell you that. Minor changes at best. Ya know, working with what he has now. Sakurai doesn't care about clones. I think the fact that you don't like how Bowser plays means enough that there isn't a reason to overhaul Ganondorf, because unique or not, there are going to be people who hate his new moveset and wanted him to keep his old.

I still am curious how this K. Rool thing is going to play out...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, considering how we got Tikis in Mario Kart 7... while I am glad Retro revived Donkey Kong Country, I blame them for not bringing back the Kremlings, the Kongs, and Animal Buddies (yes, I don't care if Retro thinks they are stupid or silly... it's part of the DKC charm).

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well judging by Sakurai's failure in Brawl when it came to SSE enemies, any level of fail is possible in Smash 4. Let's hope he knows what the fans want.

They were in MK7?!!!! God help us...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well judging by Sakurai's failure in Brawl when it came to SSE enemies, any level of fail is possible in Smash 4. Let's hope he knows what the fans want.

Hopefully, because Nintendo thinks they do, and that involves Tikis. The Tikis were not that bad truthfully they just did not have as much personality as the Kremlings have.

WELL, let's remember K. Rool has had a trophy in three games, so it's not like he has NEVER ONCE BEEN AKNWLEDGED BY SMASH.
Tiki K. Rool? Person behind the Tiki factories?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WELL, let's remember K. Rool has had a trophy in three games, so it's not like he has NEVER ONCE BEEN AKNWLEDGED BY SMASH. Plus, I'm sure he has been asked for on multiple polls. He's probably asked for in the Brawl questionaire thing a lot too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
WELL, let's remember K. Rool has had a trophy in three games, so it's not like he has NEVER ONCE BEEN AKNWLEDGED BY SMASH.
Shortie traveled to the future. He just confirmed to us that K. Rool is still a trophy in Smash 4. :troll:

I would be surprised if either K. Rool or Dixie Kong does not show up as a playable character in Smash 4.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortie traveled to the future. He just confirmed to us that K. Rool is still a trophy in Smash 4. :troll:
lol, I meant two, I don't know why I said three. .-.

He has three Trophies in Smash4 btw.

Tiki K. Rool? Person behind the Tiki factories?
Fwaaah? Elaborate.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
K.Rool is too fat to be playable :troll:
Giga Bowser say hi. :awesome:

While I never bought DKCR(and don't plan to), I'm still a real DK fan. Not on the heavy scale, and although I prefer the Kremlings, who do appears in the background/stages anyway, I can deal if they reference the Tikis too. It's not as big of a deal as people are making it. They're not forgotten about, after all.

Likewise, it depends more what Sakurai thinks than Nintendo here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fwaaah? Elaborate.
Remember in Donkey Kong Country Returns towards the end of the game it was revealed there were factories that mass produced the Tikis? I was just thinking that possibly a way to connect the two were having him and the Kremlings behind those factories. Just a funny idea for an Adventure mode that can please everyone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do know that Donkey Kong Country Returns sold really well in Japan. I think it ended up selling close to one million copies. For comparison, that is how much each of the Super Mario Galaxy titles sold in Japan.

yani

Smash Lord
The Tikis IMO are quite horrid. There's really nothing to them whatsoever. I'll be damned if we don't see those crazy kremlings back.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Remember in Donkey Kong Country Returns towards the end of the game it was revealed there were factories that mass produced the Tikis? I was just thinking that possibly a way to connect the two were having him and the Kremlings behind those factories. Just a funny idea for an Adventure mode that can please everyone.
Well I can only hope that means what we want it to mean.

The Tikis IMO are quite horrid. There's really nothing to them whatsoever. I'll be damned if we don't see those crazy kremlings back.
Well I wouldn't say that, I mean, we all usually like it when GANONDORF isn't the bad guy for a change. It's nice to have new faces added to a series.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is this how people feel when Ganondorf isn't the main villain of Zelda games. :troll:
Beats me, but I do know how Ganondorf feels about it:

D

Deleted member

But...we all know K. Rool is too big for Smash...right? RIGHT?!?
I mean, in DKC, he made DK look like Diddy does next to DK in Brawl.
In DK64, DK was practically a bug to him.

Trolling aside, as I said, anyone that supports K. Rool but says Ridley is too big is a hypocrite. Me? I support both.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is this how people feel when Ganondorf isn't the main villain of Zelda games. :troll:
It is funny because everyone complained about Ganondorf being in Twilight Princess and begged Nintendo for a Zelda game that moved on from him. We get Skyward Sword and all of a sudden people feel some sort of affection for Ganondorf and want him back. Cannot please everyone. None the less I still feel Ghirahim has been the best non-Ganondorf villain in the series to date.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Trolling aside, as I said, anyone that supports K. Rool but says Ridley is too big is a hypocrite. Me? I support both.
:awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It is funny because everyone complained about Ganondorf being in Twilight Princess and begged Nintendo for a Zelda game that moved on from him. We get Skyward Sword and all of a sudden people feel some sort of affection for Ganondorf and want him back. Cannot please everyone. None the less I still feel Ghirahim has been the best non-Ganondorf villain in the series to date.
I think it's the fact that Ghirahim is the replacement option ._.

D

Deleted member

Do people not realize though, that Ganon didn't exist in SS's time? And that Demise is his true "replacement" of the game?
(Seeing as Demise spawned Ganon as an incarnation of his hatred).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I replayed the final boss battle for Donkey Kong 64, and K. Rool is much bigger than Donkey Kong there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom