• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He said Animal Crossing characters in general. A blanket of deconfirmation fell down upon Smashville.
Again, he just said suitable for fighting which is presumably like the rest of the characters. It's also quite possible that he may have changed his mind since then.

Here's a Tom Nook moveset, trying to keep the accidental fighting style I mentioned.

[COLLAPSE="Tom Nook Moveset 2.0"]B: Furniture Placing
Nook places a leaf on the ground and when you press B again, the leaf explodes into furniture. In the air, the leafs drops slowly, giving Nook an invaluable tool for controlling the air. The main power from this attack comes at the explosion of the leaf. If the leaf explodes in the air, the furniture acts like a weaker version of Kirby's Stone. The furniture disappears when the transformation is completed or lands on the ground.

Side B: Bug Catching
Swings a net over his head just like in Animal Crossing. If he catches someone, he'll do an animation exactly like when you catch a bug. Instead of holding the opponent though, he tosses them up in the air for a juggle. Useful as an anti-air.

Down B: Tree Planting
Nook takes a random fruit and buries it in the ground. Then, a little bud is formed at the spot. If the opponent is within the plant's range, a tree will immediately shoot out of the ground, hitting the opponent and three fruits will land on the ground. These can be used as throwing items. Once grown, the tree disappears. Which fruit is buried is irrelevant as they all have the same properties.

Up B: Fishing
Nook tries to fish, but the casting line and hook are behind him and his apron is grabbed, sending him flying at an angle similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch, making him a tanuki projectile. One of Nook's best kill moves.

Playstyle: Nook is all about controlling the stage to his advantage. Using his tree planting and leaves, he can keep aggressive players from coming in while he comes in safely for damaging combos and he needs these tools as the range on his attacks are very poor.[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Again, he just said suitable for fighting which is presumably like the rest of the characters. It's also quite possible that he may have changed his mind since then
Well, seeing as Mewtwo had been planned since 64, Lucas since Melee, and Snake since Melee, AND we haven't seen any other older characters he told us not to "expect", I would say his opinion probably doesn't change too easily. Only thing I can see changing is the Mii's simply because I doubt in 2005 he realized what they would become.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we get a mole, it better be a Muddy one. Getting Resetti could make me lose all hope for Muddy...:(

That, and Muddy is actually shown to be a capable fighter above land, too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Shortie: Didn't he say not to expect Sukapon, though?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hahaha hmmmm ok well after seeing his moves i guess he could be a good space.
Those aren't his moves. He stole them from the Villager. :awesome:

Anyway, Sakurai said no, and I'm not going to imagine that means "MAYBE."

Also I wish you'd say something more substantial Kuma, like "If Nook is the more popularly requested character, then why wouldn't Sakurai choose him over the Villager?" Then I'd be the one looking dumb saying "I just don't agree. *kicks dust*"

But supposedly he already had a moveset thought out for the Villager, so I'd still be in the right. *flexpose*

Strong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hahaha hmmmm ok well after seeing his moves i guess he could be a good space.
Here are a couple of extra moves to show this silliness in his moves:

Grab Pummel: Shakes them like a tree (oh the Unfortunate Implications).
DThrow: Waters the opponent like flowers.

UTilt: Shocked expression.
FTilt: Turns around, hitting the opponent with his tail.
DTilt: Slips on the ground.

@Oasis
Ness and Lucas stole moves from Paula and Kumatora.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

I like thos to even if there not his i think they could work.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Again, he just said suitable for fighting which is presumably like the rest of the characters. It's also quite possible that he may have changed his mind since then.

Here's a Tom Nook moveset, trying to keep the accidental fighting style I mentioned.

[COLLAPSE="Tom Nook Moveset 2.0"]B: Furniture Placing
Nook places a leaf on the ground and when you press B again, the leaf explodes into furniture. In the air, the leafs drops slowly, giving Nook an invaluable tool for controlling the air. The main power from this attack comes at the explosion of the leaf. If the leaf explodes in the air, the furniture acts like a weaker version of Kirby's Stone. The furniture disappears when the transformation is completed or lands on the ground.

Side B: Bug Catching
Swings a net over his head just like in Animal Crossing. If he catches someone, he'll do an animation exactly like when you catch a bug. Instead of holding the opponent though, he tosses them up in the air for a juggle. Useful as an anti-air.

Down B: Tree Planting
Nook takes a random fruit and buries it in the ground. Then, a little bud is formed at the spot. If the opponent is within the plant's range, a tree will immediately shoot out of the ground, hitting the opponent and three fruits will land on the ground. These can be used as throwing items. Once grown, the tree disappears. Which fruit is buried is irrelevant as they all have the same properties.

Up B: Fishing
Nook tries to fish, but the casting line and hook are behind him and his apron is grabbed, sending him flying at an angle similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch, making him a tanuki projectile. One of Nook's best kill moves.

Playstyle: Nook is all about controlling the stage to his advantage. Using his tree planting and leaves, he can keep aggressive players from coming in while he comes in safely for damaging combos and he needs these tools as the range on his attacks are very poor.[/COLLAPSE]
I do not think an Animal Crossing representative will appear because of Sakurai's bias which has been stated.

However, these B moves are flavorful, well-designed, and very unique. On a balance level, the tree should have a range of time when it grows (4 to 10 seconds perhaps?), but still damage anyone nearby when it suddenly sprouts. Fruit can be thrown and/or perhaps eaten with various effects. One planted at a time. This would reflect resource management and the time/product synergy that the Animal Crossing games have.

Well done.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ness and Lucas are the main characters though. You're asking for a Side character to Steal from the main character. :awesome:

And you were supposed to call me out on my hypocrisy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

@Oasis
Ness and Lucas stole moves from Paula and Kumatora.
Ness stole PK Starstorm from Poo though :/ After playing Earthbound I always wanted Ness to have his actual moves. Guess its too late now. At least he has PK Flash...

And I really want Link to have his Shield Bash attack for Down B, and Skyward Strike as Side B. Would imo be very beneficial to his game if done right

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You forgot the S in Supposed, Oasis.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I do not think an Animal Crossing representative will appear because of Sakurai's bias which has been stated.

However, these B moves are flavorful, well-designed, and very unique. On a balance level, the tree should have a range of time when it grows (4 to 10 seconds perhaps?), but still damage anyone nearby when it suddenly sprouts. Fruit can be thrown and/or perhaps eaten with various effects. One planted at a time. This would reflect resource management and the time/product synergy that the Animal Crossing games have.

Well done.
The tree sprout is meant to function as a mine of sorts. If you give it a time to grow, you take away a scary tool for Nook which you don't want.

I didn't think of it, but it does reflect the time/product synergy that the games have. I just kind of went with what made sense to be faithful to the game and have a coherent playstyle.

@Oasis
I'm not gonna call you out because it's just that I simply prefer Nook over the Villager if I had to go with an Animal Crossing character. Besides, Nook is technically the main character as a good chunk of the game revolves around him. You get your furniture from him, pay your mortgage to him, sell him things, etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And Nintendo loves Raccoons, go Nook.

Plus, the Villager is so gay.

Man, each and every day, Nook's odds are getting better and better!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's been unofficially remixed. Heard the Boss Battle yet?
I'd expect it to be, but I want this be be OFFICIALLY remixed (Seriously, that game is A+. Too bad I'm always busy ._. In fact, I have to go right now Lol...)

I have not, actually. I just looked it up, and I still perfer Battle Theme.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's what Kuma wants, and it WILL be done! :troll:

You're talking to people you don't know, who're being kind... sometimes. You're suppose to be respectful. Sorry if I'm the only one who'd take offense to such a word from an individual, but that doesn't give you the right to call me a noob, or anyone. Just a pro tip. I hope you understand...

Also, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm NOT Sakurai, and you know I'm not, so obviously I'm speculating. ;)

Yeah, they *almost* are (Past games? :troll:)... Here's my thing: make them more realistic, and I'll work with that, like once again, XBox 360 Avves. If not, I'm not interested.
KK, I'm bored of this so this'll be my last response.
1) You're talking to people you don't know and will likely and will likely never know, you shouldn't care less about what they think of you.
2) Respect is earned and you haven't earned it and you probably won't at this point.
3) I tend to joke around with people I like, sorry for thinking you weren't completely annoying.
4) No respect and and not minding someone aren't the same do don't try to say I contradicted myself with 2 & 3.
5) When you give me a pro tip it implies you are experienced like a pro, which means it also implies I am inexperienced. Inexperience is synonomous with being a noob. Call me a noob again and I will report you.
6) Pro tip- If you don't act like a noob, people will tend to like you more.

The report button is at the bottom right corner and the ignore list is in your user cp.

So I can make sure this post is on topic, you guys know what we haven't done Ina while? Brain storm possible event matches. Melee's were definitely better than brawl's and I hope sakurai realizes that going into smash4

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The tree sprout is meant to function as a mine of sorts. If you give it a time to grow, you take away a scary tool for Nook which you don't want.

I didn't think of it, but it does reflect the time/product synergy that the games have. I just kind of went with what made sense to be faithful to the game and have a coherent playstyle.
Seems like with a land trap, air trap, air grab, and powerful Up B Tom would control the stage. Might need less than stellar A moves for balance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd expect it to be, but I want this be be OFFICIALLY remixed (Seriously, that game is A+. Too bad I'm always busy ._. In fact, I have to go right now Lol...)
Definitely. See you later, man.

I have not, actually. I just looked it up, and I still perfer Battle Theme.
Just wait for the final boss theme. It's excellent. :grin:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Seems like with a land trap, air trap, air grab, and powerful Up B Tom would control the stage. Might need less than stellar A moves for balance.
That depends really. He would be able to control the stage, but he wouldn't be able to inflict a lot of damage. The main strategy with Nook is to limit the opponent's space so you get in. It takes a lot of effort to zone effectively as it is, so you should be rewarded with good damage.

He's not a camping character. It's more like these specials are hit confirms into his attacks. It's like his own take on footsies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Not sure if this means anything to you, but the fellas and I were talking and it seems like you're really coming around.

There aren't many ideas going around here that I respect, thus I'm glad that you will be holding it down.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That depends really. He would be able to control the stage, but he wouldn't be able to inflict a lot of damage. The main strategy with Nook is to limit the opponent's space so you get in. It takes a lot of effort to zone effectively as it is, so you should be rewarded with good damage.

He's not a camping character. It's more like these specials are hit confirms into his attacks. It's like his own take on footsies.
Definitely he fills his own niche with your B moves. A little bit in the danger zone with high priority, limiting space. But otherwise, well designed and flavorful.

I really doubt he would be considered according to Sakurai's own words. Things can change.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
KK, I'm bored of this so this'll be my last response.
1) You're talking to people you don't know and will likely and will likely never know, you shouldn't care less about what they think of you.
2) Respect is earned and you haven't earned it and you probably won't at this point.
3) I tend to joke around with people I like, sorry for thinking you weren't completely annoying.
4) No respect and and not minding someone aren't the same do don't try to say I contradicted myself with 2 & 3.
5) When you give me a pro tip it implies you are experienced like a pro, which means it also implies I am inexperienced. Inexperience is synonomous with being a noob. Call me a noob again and I will report you.
6) Pro tip- If you don't act like a noob, people will tend to like you more.

The report button is at the bottom right corner and the ignore list is in your user cp.

Ok, obviously you're being childish, and I hate it when people like you even try to communicate by revolving it on other people. So, yeah, go ahead and act like a bad@$$, because the mute button, I do use. I just thought that MAYBE you were one of those people that could get the point and move on, but obviously you're not.

I don't care on the fact that you called me a noob. It's that you called me a noob for no good reason. Learn the definition of "Joke".

I've seen better comebacks from a dying fish Lol Respect is earned, and I was being nice to you the entire time, but you want to bring up the "I'm the goddamn king!" phase, so I'm not really interested in what you think respect is.

Annoying and Noob? We got ourselves a bad@$$ here people! Look, if you're joking, either say you are or use faces to show you are. I don't read minds.

Yes, you did. You called me annoying. Not respectful at all. Contridicting. If you don't want to at the VERY least show some kindness, like I have, then you really shouldn' be here. We already have too many problems appear from who knows where.

Yeah, I said pro tip. Who said I called you a noob? So now, you're going to ASSUME I called you a noob. That's POWERFUL, bud.

I think I said that Pro Tip to you about three times now. So, here's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to forget this nonesense because you're being COMPLETELY ignorant. If you couldn't tell, I'm very nice to everyone. Sure, I'll pull some arguements, but that's what happens when you're needing to defend your reason. If you cannot accept this, don't be here. I think you get what I'm saying. Now, go ahead, and get back on topic. I, and I'm sure everyone else, is getting sick of this. Reminds me of when Gatlin came and why he came here for (I think it was two nights ago?), which shouldn't of happened. Seriously, step off.

Alright, NOW I'm heading off. I don't think the mods need bother with this, so I'm just gunna let it pass. I've grown fond to this type of bs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a brief list of possible mid-bosses that I had in mind lately...

Boom Boom (Mario)
Colonel Pluck (Donkey Kong)
Darknut (The Legend of Zelda)
Pirate Commander (Metroid)
Bonkers (Kirby)
Starman (EarthBound)
Mecha-Drago (EarthBound)
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
Konk (Starfy)
E-1006 Egg Hammer (Sonic the Hedgehog)
E-1007 Heavy Egg Hammer (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Behemoth (Final Fantasy)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Definitely he fills his own niche with your B moves. A little bit in the danger zone with high priority, limiting space. But otherwise, well designed and flavorful.

I really doubt he would be considered according to Sakurai's own words. Things can change.
Either way, I find it fun making movesets so it's no problem for me. Who do you I think I should do next?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm almost finished with my new avatar! It looks pretty good too.

As for Nook, he won't be making it, I'm sorry to say.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Either way, I find it fun making movesets so it's no problem for me. Who do you I think I should do next?
That's a good way of looking at things.

Also I'd like to see if you have any ideas for Little Mac. His moveset would probably take in a lot from SF, and that should be right up your alley. ;)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@shortie
I remember a while back it was a thread explaining why using gay and **** were very offensive. The responses were so funny. People/asage only get me at me because I'm black.
/racecardftw
Here it is http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260775&highlight=****

@asage
You used ignorant wrong, other than that it was a decent read. 3.5/5

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is a challenge. What role would you give K. Rool (as a heavy weight) in Smash? You don't need to make moves right away, but an idea on how he would perform and identify himself would be nice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want Bowser to be GOOD. How did they make TAGER usable in BBCS II?

I LOVE playing as Bowser, but 10 rounds against Falco in Melee isn't exactly fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom