• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"LOOK AT MY OC HES LIKE SONIC BUT BLACK AND HE CAN FALCON PUNCH HES SO AWESOME."

Careful what you wish for, Asage.
Well, the point isn't to make a character of any body-type. Like the Mii, I said only one type of Body Forme, which would be like a human. Also, that's called Shadow punching someone in his game Lol

Sorry but that OC has no place in Smash. OC's would severely take the focus away from Nintendo characters... and Smash isn't about OC's, Smash is about Nintendo characters. Want custom characters? Use Mii. At least the Mii is an actual Nintendo character.

:phone:
Like I said above, you'd have one body type, which would be like the Mii, except it would be the SSB's version of such. Therefore, it'd be the very first rep for SSB. A new character in a twist of fandom. I see no problem.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not holding my breath for an Armored Mewtwo costume. Yes, it's cool, but pretty much nothing that comes from the Pokemon anime appears onto the games (Yellow Version is the only big example I can think of that does use the anime for a reference.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
See, I don't understand that. Does no one here want to play with their own imaginated characters? Ok, so how about moves that only the custom character can learn? None that copy off the others. That, alone, would make an original character to play as.

This is a no-Spongebob terriotory, apparently...
No, I wanna play Smash for the Nintendo characters mostly. Those I feel are fun, unique, cool and deserving. I feel nothing for a creating your own character. As said before, customization should only be for the characters we have.

And no, still don't want Miis. Not playable at least. Sorry, but the whole Wii series of games felt like testing material of Nintendo to me, nothing memorable about them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not holding my breath for an Armored Mewtwo costume. Yes, it's cool, but pretty much nothing that comes from the Pokemon anime appears onto the games (Yellow Version is the only big example I can think that does use the anime for a reference.)
Well, they used Misty's forme from the anime in Melee.

No, I wanna play Smash for the Nintendo characters mostly. Those I feel are fun, unique, cool and deserving. I feel nothing for a creating your own character. As said before, customization should only be for the characters we have.

It's an opinion, I suppose. But if it's customizing present characters, I'm all for it. Needz some Flute-Victini and Sir Aaron Lucario in dis house Lol

And no, still don't want Miis. Not playable at least. Sorry, but the whole Wii series of games felt like testing material of Nintendo to me, nothing memorable about them.
Oh, ok, so no one's going to remember SSBB? No one's going to remember Miis? No one's going to remember Skyward Sword?

Come on, now...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean the Mii / Wii series dude :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't count on anime references for Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not saying that, I'm saying they are far less memorable than actual characters. And a lot more boring. And I don't want them to try and make them not boring...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, no Miis, no customizable own character, just slight customization on the character's current moves. For now, just a few B moves tweaks, and maybe, just maybe a switchable Forward Smash? Or AAA moves?

Anyways, hear this out, what about if you say, customize the moves from your character you can actually chance the whole character around in appearance? So, if you want to switch Mario's Fireballs for Dr.Mario's pills, you actually become Dr.Mario now? And the same would happen if you want a Virus for a B move, and that they'd be Dr.Mario only moves? Same with Link, switch around Skyward Sword / Boomerang for a different version of Link (Skyward Sword Link to Wii U Link, Gale Boomerang for Twilight Princess Link? Magic Boomerang for a "classic" Link?). Not that I expect that much, but for some characters a chance in style would really chance around a character.

Example: Zelda. So, MAYBE, just maybe we can have Impa and Sheik together after all?

Yeah my blog gets ignored. :/ So I'm bringing it here again.

DEAL WITH IT!

IMPA FOR SMASH!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!

D

Deleted member

Seeing as I have a supporter for the banishment of Impa discussion....
You bring it up, Diddy, you get reported. Simple as that.

D

Deleted member

1. No Spam
Posts that are irrelevant to or inappropriate for the topic of discussion are considered spam, including off-topic posts/threads, posts with no substantive content, posts that simply restate things that have already been said, and posts that include questions that have already been answered. Do not attempt to bypass the minimum characters per post restriction (also known as "10char").
As a mass of us that are tired of hearing about Impa replacing Sheik over and over, we can claim that it's Spam.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not as much spam as my points keep on getting ignored most of the time. Also, I'm mostly just participating, not starting the arguement (which I do admit, I'm guilty of in the past- where it was a new idea), and just here above I posted new ideas about this whole Impa / Sheik thing. Been doing that for days actually. But, all is ignored cause the name Impa is in it. How's that fair?

I'mma call the internet cops!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is it really IGNORING if we've heard all your points before, and just don't agree?

Still, we need a THIRD-PARTY in this. Diddy's INCESSANTNESS is pretty uncool, but all the HARDASSERY in response to it is pretty uncool too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: Indeed.
Because I think that's what makes Impa now a "spam", everytime we've talked about Impa, it turned up into some crazy debate about her odds against Sheik.

Why don't ya like archive everything you talked about her up? Just... don't turn debate about her chances again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotta beat fire with fire aight?

I'd like to archive all things up, but I'm terrible at doing so... And, my short term memory prevents me from knowing where exactly what was discussed.

GODLY POST! WHOOOOOO!!

IMPA!!!!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, as much as I'd like to be excited about a Smash 4, I simply have no hope for it. I honestly wish they would never make another smash game again. It's not that I don't welcome new content such as characters, and maps, it's just, I don't like the mantra Nintendo (and Sakurai) has taken over the past couple of years. They cater only to the casual audience these days, and Brawl is a perfect example of that. Just to spit in the face the Smash's biggest die hard fans (us), Sakurai included (or allowed the inclusion of) random tripping among other things in Brawl. Random tripping in a fighting game is a mechanic so asinine I can't even believe it exists.
1. You do realize smash is catered to everyone, right=??? Nearly all of whom play the game "casually." Sakurai made it mostly for people to have fun with, but he did put in most/all of the competitive aspects of it. Add in the fact Sakurai had to work with three studios that haven't made many quality games, had a small staff, had never made fighting games, and you got a perfect storm. Sakurai always seems to get all of the blame and none of the credit.

2. Trivia: The first fighting game to have tripping was... *drum role*...
Guilty Gear as a way to "balance" the strongest character (having her randomly trip).
To that end, I think it's utterly ridiculous that the devs waste precious time making "every aspect of the game, even the menues, a [game]." I mean, the extra junk that they included in Brawl is absolutely laughable. Why would we want a coin launching mini game when we could have.. more characters and levels?
This is why you aren't a game developer.
1. You have to make menus, and make them accessible and easy to use. If you don't have menus, you don't have a game with more than 1 mode. On top of that, menus require no time to make, and wouldn't cost us having another playable character or extra levels.
2. The coin launcher is very simple, and it was very simple to make graphically, much simpler than making a character or stage. It my have taken the time of an alternate outfit, which isn't a big price to pay by any means.
Speaking of levels, yeah Brawl had some nice ones, but why so many levels with unbelievable spam and otherwise "party-game" mechanics? Look at the level of hacking that has gone into many of Brawl's mods just to make more of the maps playable, or enjoyable? Stickers? Did anyone ACTUALLY use them? None of the collectible junk actually matters.
1. Most of the stages in Melee are also just spam. Mushroom Kingdom (the worst layout I've ever seen), Mushroom Kingdom II (terrible layout), Hyrule Castle (there is a lot of glitches in there), Termania: Great Bay (tons 'o' glitches), Brinstar Depths (just terrible design), Melee Yoshi's Story (frame rate issues that make the great stage unplayable), Yoshi's Island (that center is glitchy), Fountain of Dreams (frame rate issues in games with more than 2 players), Green Greens (random bombs and random "party game" stuff), Corneria (questionable layout, a few glitches), Venom (just an all-around awful stage), Poké Floats (weird graphical stuff, random elements), Mute City (frame rate issues with more than 2 players), Big Blue (a crap ton of frame rate issues that make the stage unplayable with more than 2 players), Fourside (loads of glitches, weird stage design), Infinite Glacier (just awful design), Flat Zone (stale stage), Battlefield (glitchy edges), and Yoshi's Island 64 (all kinds of glitches and poor design).

That means 18 of the 29 Melee stages have issues (at least according to me). Heck, even Smash 64 stages had issues (most of them were "too big").
The majority of their money and efforts should surround multiplayer aspects of the game, whether that's buying the rights to more 3rd party characters, or balancing the game better. Heck, why can't they communicate with the competitive community and have us personally play test it, and help balance it, like other games do?
This is a pretty good idea (aside from going way out of the way to buy the rights to 3rd party games; we only really need Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and maybe Pac-Man). I do think that most of the money was spent on the multiplayer in Brawl. If it wasn't, I am pretty sure Sakurai was mostly focused on the multiplayer.

Regardless, I think bringing in some of the best and most knowledgeable competitive players and some of the most devote casuals players could help make the best product for everyone.
Much of what they added to Brawl felt rushed, and there's really no reason for it.
Definitely agreed. Melee was rushed, but it doesn't "play" rushed. It just plays awesome. Brawl feels either overworked or underworked depending on what aspect of the game you are talking about.
Want to save replays? Sure. But you had best beat your opponent in UNDER 3 MINUTES-- that might not have been a problem if the game wasn't so darned floaty, defensive, and slow.
Infinite length for the win. Also, I think smash also needs to have smash videos have a format that allows for easier uploading access to sites like youtube.
I trust our own community with the future of Smash far more than I do the actual devs, because honestly... we know more about smash then they do. Perhaps that sounds ridiculous, but it's honestly true. Look at the guys behind Project Melee, many of them are far more in-tuned with what makes a good fighting game, down to the gritty details of hit boxes, hurt boxes, frame advantage, cancels, lag reduction, character gravity, momentum, frame data, etc. We know how characters are used in a competitive setting, a setting Nintendo and Sakurai often choose to snub, so why would anyone ever expect anything great after what they last gave us: Brawl.
Again, it isn't Sakurai's fault. Sakurai worked his butt off in making each smash bros game. The difference was in this particular game, his developers weren't as good as the ones at HAL, and had no experience in making fighting games or smash bros-esk games. Nintendo has started hiring a new staff to develop these upcoming two new smash bros games, on top of communicating with the three studios that helped make Brawl (along with Sakurai and his company, SORA) to make the next one (they each now have experience).

On a side note, I have a gut feeling HAL will definitely be the main developmental studio, which is a HUGE DEAL! HAL made the first two smash games; let us hope my gut feeling is right. If we got 3 full time studios (Game Arts, Creo, and some other company I forgot), a ton of new, young, and hungry video game developers, along with SORA (which now is more than 2 people), HAL, Sakurai, and hopefully some help from Nintendo legends (specifically Shigeru Miyamoto) and we could have the best smash bros games yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But hard ***** are? Bleh.

Also, every other contribution I make to this thread gets ignored as well. Mewtwo revamps, Ness / Lucas revamps, weight lists. Moar revamps.

Posting about Impa is way more satisfactonary, cause at least I'll hear a reply from most. :/ Even though it's negative.

Think about that.

Yes you.

You over there.

Give it a thought.

Just a second.

Or maybe two.

It's truth.

Psycholocial universial truth.

Yeah...

Pretty much all that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, we need to all jump on the Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Mega Man, Mewtwo, Ridley, and Roy hype train, and forget about all the potential newcomer characters that have no chance that Diddy Kong always seems to be hyping... :awesome:

Also Diddy Kong, didn't you also say that Ganondorf had a "80% chance" of returning in the next smash bros
because of that silly character Demise
=??? I think you could argue your new silly argument may be even dumber than that argument.

D

Deleted member

Or at least talk about a character with little chance that would actually be interesing, like Cranky Kong. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I'd now say it's 90%. But I'm a hard *** with %s. Gimme any character, I'll give you it's %.
Ganon has a very, very small chance of getting axed cause he might not return for Zelda Wii U, or 3DS (but his chances are of coarse much bigger than Sheik's). And Sakurai might just say : F*CK IT! **** the moveset of this character, I can't get it right, blast him of back to the seal in the Sacred Realm again!

But yeah, 90% is reasonable I think. It's still a huge chance to return actually.
Wanna hear some more %s for characters?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, I'd now say it's 90%. But I'm a hard *** with %s. Gimme any character, I'll give you it's %.
Ganon has a very, very small chance of getting axed cause he might not return for Zelda Wii U, or 3DS (but his chances are of coarse much bigger than Sheik's). And Sakurai might just say : F*CK IT! **** the moveset of this character, I can't get it right, blast him of back to the seal in the Sacred Realm again!

But yeah, 90% is reasonable I think. It's still a huge chance to return actually.
Wanna hear some more %s for characters?
Spoiler alert without the spoiler tag: Ganondorf will be playable in at Smash Bros. Wii U. PERIOD! THERE IS NO DEBATE!

What are we gonna argue next, that Luigi isn't going to be in the next smash bros=???

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
90% for Ganondorf? Let me guess, he doesn't have a SS design, so he can' be in either :rolleyes:
Smaller chance of a future role.
Bad, unsatisfactonary moveset.
Decreased popularity since Twilight Princess.
Skyward Sword has a big chance of being the main theme.

Then again, 90% chance of returning is quite a lot. Quite. A. Damn. Lot.

Wanna hear my estimated chances for Sheik? :troll:

yani

Smash Lord
Okay, I guess I should stop expecting King K.Rool too

1) Absolutely not. SS is the FIRST Zelda game. In order, Ganondorf has appeared in most of them after that as the main antagonist, while Impa's role diminishes. Bad reasoning.
2) True, but nothing a revamp can't fix
3) LOL WAT?
4) Wrong. Zelda HD. Sorry.

D

Deleted member

Smaller chance of a future role. Bull****. Ganondorf/Ganon has typically been brought back in numerous games. It's like saying Ridley has little chance of being in a new Metroid title.
Bad, unsatisfactonary moveset. Irrelevant. It could just as easily be CHANGED.
Decreased popularity since Twilight Princess. That's a laugh. Got any "statistics" to prove it?
Skyward Sword has a big chance of being the main theme. Wii U has a bigger chance. Ganondorf was based off the Space World tech demo in Melee (which actually has a quite a few differences from his OoT design, mind you), so the Wii U tech demo would be ideal for the Zelda characters, especially considering it looks like an HD version of the Twilight Princess designs, which are in Brawl.

Then again, 90% chance of returning is quite a lot. Quite. A. Damn. Lot. It's more like 98%.

Wanna hear my estimated chances for Sheik? :troll:Biased statistics are biased.
Responses in red.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ganondorf doesn't need a new Zelda role. Unless it's a different timeline. He's dead in both main ones right now.(WW and TP) Which means nothing, since he'll always be the main villain. Always.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, unlike Ganondorf who was just pushed into the story at the end of Twilight Princess, King K.Rool was enourmously missed in DKCR. Ghirahim was also a good received replacement, the final battle against Demise in SS was also better than Ganondorf's final battle in TP. Tiki Tong was never liked.

BUT STILL, 90% IS NOT A BAD CHANCE!

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry, but when you say something is "better", you lose the argument.

Also, by that, Funky Kong is more likely than Dixie. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Then again, 90% chance of returning is quite a lot. Quite. A. Damn. Lot.

Wanna hear my estimated chances for Sheik? :troll:
Ganondorf is the main villain in 7 of the games, including the biggest and best games in the series (the original Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker).
Ganondorf's popularity is still more than every Zelda character that isn't Link or maybe Zelda.
Ganondorf is a trillion times more popular than Ghirahim, Impa, Zant, Midna, Demise, Tingle, etc wish they could be.
Skyward Sword is still just one game of what=??? 16 Zelda canon games (not including the dumb Tingle games and the Crossbow Training game).

Then again, Ganondorf is already in the next smash bros game. Because he is easily the most well-known Nintendo villain that isn't Bowser, PERIOD! Ridley, King Dedede, King K. Rool, and EVEN MEWTWO don't even compare in terms of popularity to Ganondorf. Ganondorf is still the King of Evil in the Zelda franchise, and one of the most popular Nintendo characters ever, PERIOD!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
90% CHANCE IS NOT A BIG CHANCE AT ALL OF HIM GETTING CUT!

My Lord...

Here, I estimate Marth at 95%.
Hit me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's 0 legit reasons to cut Ganondorf. I don't even care if he's a semi-clone again. He's still the true main Zelda villain, and is more important than any-off villain, or any other in the Zelda franchise

Yes, Ganondorf was crappy in TP story-wise. But the kickass fight made up for it. I would've liked more Zant characterization, and I loved the fight regardless. I don't disagree with him being shoehorned in, I disagree with it not being fun gameplay-wise. Mainly where video games count.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link and Luigi's % is >9000%. Easily.
Impa, I say a modest 66.66%.

Whoa, I created attention with my 90% Ganondorf estimation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom