• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Sakurai will always find some way to troll us by pulling some absurd idea out of his ***. Expect traveling music. Always.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually, when it comes to fight music...

...If I suggest Catus Carnival (a faster beefed up version), will I get shot again? xD

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Rutherford, New Jersey (Blowin' **** Up!)
I don't care as long as it isn't mellow. It's gotta have a tempo, it's gotta have TENSION!! Cmon now, we can't have this utter silliness on the soundtrack. If they're gonna make all of the music familiar, at least remix it a little so it works for a brawl. (no pun intended)
or if anything allow to give us the option to put in and play our own music. Like through a USB cable or something, as long as the file is Mp3

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Actually, when it comes to fight music...

...If I suggest Catus Carnival, will I get shot again? xD
Rather than Catus Carnival, let's put in Imperial Code. Now if THAT song doesn't give you a hard-on, I don't know what else to say. Really, though, BlazBlue music would be so cool.

UberMario

Smash Master

Pickle

Smash Apprentice

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was actually thinking Nightmare Fiction, maybe.

But yes, BlazBlue music would be pretty good. xD

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Your own music for Smash would surely raise the bar, making for enjoyable and fun experience, hech even throw some Street Fighter themes and pretend...

:phone:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
or if anything allow to give us the option to put in and play our own music. Like through a USB cable or something, as long as the file is Mp3
Just as long as we don't have to listen to other people's music online.

Actually, I think it's kind of pointless... I have my iPod. I used to think "putting my own music in the game would be awesome!", but now I don't understand the appeal aside from maybe Animal Crossing where I could play the music I wanted on the radio in my house.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
It would be even better if your music could be heard by the opponent too. I'd probably be spamming anime songs with female singers that have super high-pitched voices.

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Just as long as we don't have to listen to other people's music online.

Actually, I think it's kind of pointless... I have my iPod. I used to think "putting my own music in the game would be awesome!", but now I don't understand the appeal aside from maybe Animal Crossing where I could play the music I wanted on the radio in my house.
well no, it would be something substantial to the owners wii and tv

majora_787

Smash Hero
It would be even better if your music could be heard by the opponent too. I'd probably be spamming anime songs with female singers that have super high-pitched voices.
Hatsune Miku's Yukkuri. That's some high-pitched obnoxiousness after about two minutes. xD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And that's exactly why we don't want this.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hatsune Miku's Yukkuri. That's some high-pitched obnoxiousness after about two minutes. xD
No lolis like that!

I looked at that Amarillo link, never knew he existed but like Ulti mentioned a frak accident between Crash and Sonic = Awesome

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
was checking out who the developer is for the Rolling Western... it's Not available...
well, i hope it's a new franchise for Nintendo cause the usual ones are getting old (not tiring old, just grandpa old), i want a whole plethora of new franchises from nintendo.

D

Deleted member

PsychoIncarnate said:
Edit: What Smash needs is patches that can be downloaded. Nintendo needs a better internet service
Completely agree. I'm hoping it's something similar to Gran Turismo 5 where they update contents for free on the console, except that this time, the game is complete and they update when they think of something/cater to fan's idea to expand the game. This wouldn't mean free characters/stages (Although that would be amazing), but it would improve the game for years to come.
augustoflores said:
yes, i know you can charge up your smash attacks in melee and in brawl but my suggestion was to have a fully charged smash attack become a totally new move... like Enhanced attacks in MK9 or EX attacks in Street Fighter...

lets say you are charging your smash attack but only charged it 99%... you will use your regular smash attack instead of the aforementioned "Strike" attack.

it is a step up from smash attacks... even fully charged smash attacks don't compare with the "strike" attack. this should put the players on the offensive or defensive depending on the situation... and to put some more into the enhancing... more chargeable specials for all characters... not just the ones that had it in brawl. (ike, link, etc.)
i would like for Peach to have a charged Peach Bomber.
Ahhhh, I see where you're coming from. I like this idea as it would expand the gameplay in other ways then Special Moves. Basically giving us five Special Moves not including Final Smash.
BlazingKatakiri said:
It's pretty much a given that at one point all Melee characters were playable, bar the ones they knew were going to be out and probably got deleted right away. They basically ported Melee and built Brawl around it. A lot of melee things are in Brawl. Even unused Trophies from Melee like Donkey Kong Jr. with Melee's trophy lighting are still in the game. It's more than safe to assume that as soon as they came up with Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo was out of the game.

Sakurai even said in the interview that he's porting Brawl and building Smash 4 (for both systems) around it. So expect a lot of leftover Brawl files.

Sakurai also mentioned that he doesn't want to "JUST" bump the Character roster to 50 and double the amount of stages. Which implies that's what he's planning on doing, but not JUST doing that.

So there's your alleged Character & Stage numbers right there at least for the Wii U version.
Now I see where you're coming from, but I still don't see why Mewtwo would be replaced by Pokemon Trainer. They are completely different with each other and based off Lucario's moveset, it only makes sense that he's the replacement for Mewtwo for Brawl and maybe SSB4 as well.

The second paragraph I quoted also ties into my theory that at least one of the characters planned for Brawl will be in SSB4. There are five/six characters planned for Brawl that did not make it: Dr. Mario (Possibly an alternate costume instead for Mario), Roy, Mewtwo, the suggested Minun and Plusle character, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda & Sheik. Of those, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo are the most likely to be playable in SSB4, thought the chances of both getting in are questionable at best.

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Completely agree. I'm hoping it's something similar to Gran Turismo 5 where they update contents for free on the console, except that this time, the game is complete and they update when they think of something/cater to fan's idea to expand the game. This wouldn't mean free characters/stages (Although that would be amazing), but it would improve the game for years to come.Ahhhh, I see where you're coming from. I like this idea as it would expand the gameplay in other ways then Special Moves. Basically giving us five Special Moves not including Final Smash.Now I see where you're coming from, but I still don't see why Mewtwo would be replaced by Pokemon Trainer. They are completely different with each other and based off Lucario's moveset, it only makes sense that he's the replacement for Mewtwo for Brawl and maybe SSB4 as well.

The second paragraph I quoted also ties into my theory that at least one of the characters planned for Brawl will be in SSB4. There are five/six characters planned for Brawl that did not make it: Dr. Mario (Possibly an alternate costume instead for Mario), Roy, Mewtwo, the suggested Minun and Plusle character, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda & Sheik. Of those, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo are the most likely to be playable in SSB4, thought the chances of both getting in are questionable at best.
*EXPLODES* to much to take in all at once D:

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Melee's gameplay was based on more offense sans the Lcanceling and wavedashhing.

Brawl's gameplay was based more on recovery.

what mechanic changes can give the gameplay of SSB4 all the positive aspects of all 3 previous games than give the game it's own flavor. How can that work?

I also feel that if GC controllers won't be used, than this game should have 6-player action.
We also need SSB64's character select screen to replace to cheap character portraits.
Nintendo should aslo get some help from M.I.T (Massachussets institute of technology) to maybe improve the system featuresand add holograms to make even more interactive games.

REMOVE TRIPPING

Because I said so!

D

Deleted member

Also, for music, I think they should be to have an option where we can listen to whatever we wish. Therefore, let's say that we want to listen to "Panama", we can. Always improves a gaming experience.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Something I posted in the Super Smash Bros. 4 ~ Official Character Discussion and Speculation Group.

"I think the better question in terms of whether Medusa or Manus or Palutena or whomever playable is if we will even see another Kid Icarus character? My best guess is we will, even if Sakurai has humility to not show preference to his creations. The development team as a whole will be coming off of Kid Icarus and straight into development for Smash 3DS/WiiU. I'm sure many of them will be pushing to add at least one character of the few they have spent the last several years working on into this game. So in that sense it is beyond Sakurai's humility, this not even counting whomever fans begin to request."

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Melee's gameplay was based on more offense sans the Lcanceling and wavedashhing.

Brawl's gameplay was based more on recovery.

what mechanic changes can give the gameplay of SSB4 all the positive aspects of all 3 previous games than give the game it's own flavor. How can that work?

I also feel that if GC controllers won't be used, than this game should have 6-player action.
We also need SSB64's character select screen to replace to cheap character portraits.
Nintendo should aslo get some help from M.I.T (Massachussets institute of technology) to maybe improve the system featuresand add holograms to make even more interactive games.

REMOVE TRIPPING

Because I said so!
Tripping = Bad **** Night

and yeah, but the only problem with 6 players is the fact that it might be overwelming to have 6 people running around on little plat forms

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Why i want rosalina?

Well we need more femmale chearacters we have more guys than girls!

Yeah bowser jr could be a nice add but lol thats not my point..

Rosalina has been in 3 games all ready super mario galaxy 1 and 2 and in mario kart wii so i cant see why on earth she could not fit in ssb 4:D

Id like to see krystal i think she would be a good add as well:)

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Why i want rosalina?

Well we need more femmale chearacters we have more guys than girls!

Yeah bowser jr could be a nice add but lol thats not my point..

Rosalina has been in 3 games all ready super mario galaxy 1 and 2 and in mario kart wii so i cant see why on earth she could not fit in ssb 4:D

Id like to see krystal i think she would be a good add as well:)
Ill take your side on that one, the only problem with Rosalina is that fact that smash all ready has an overwelming amount of mario character with im sure more to come

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every series need to have at least one major villain from it.

I actually want a good single player mode as well, and having a villain from every series would do it wonders.

If nothing else, add more characters, maybe single player exclusives. Much like boss battles.

Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Every series need to have at least one major villain from it.

I actually want a good single player mode as well, and having a villain from every series would do it wonders.

If nothing else, add more characters, maybe single player exclusives. Much like boss battles.
IMO smash need way more villains in the roster, its has like... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom