• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
pokemon trainer has fatigue. after two minutes a pokemon becomes fatigued and using a move reduces this time be 1 second. when they're tired they hit much weaker. switching pokemon restores them over time... you could do something like that with mac. (though fatigue is a big part of why PT is a bad character in brawl)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Uh... guys?

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever EVER, infinity.

Mentioned the word "stamina" or "fatigue" in my moveset.

Just to make it clear. ;)

refugee

Smash Journeyman
The Wikipedia article also confirms that there is a sequel to the game named... what else?... Super Fossil Fighters.

Considering that the game now has a sequel, I can see more hope for Fossil Fighter representation in SSB4 than I saw before. Based on the Wikipedia article, he could use the "Vivosaurs" he creates as part of his moveset. That would make a cool character.
What we need to establish here first is if it's really a Nintendo game or if it's a 3rd party game because the wikipedia article doesn't make it clear.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
If I understand you correctly, you stating that NO 3rd party character will have an impact? Actually if Sakurai were to advertise such a character like Megaman for example then that alone would bring in the crowds of people hyping for the game.

As for the original 12, it's pretty obvious that everyone is safe, they are all MAJOR franchise characters, Jigglypuff was nothing more than a Joke character according to Sakurai, she didn't represent the Pokemon franchise as herself.
As of right now I'd say megaman has a chance. Megaman has been around for decades, made big impacts in the history of nintendo, and already has a huge following. Any Character introduced now(mid 2011) to when ssb4 is realeased(let's say end of 2013) has no chance of accomplishing what megaman has and so will not EARN a spot.

As far as the original 12, you can't take one out and still say the original 12 are safe. When the original 12 loses someone and subsequently becomes only a part of the original cast, a precedent is set that allows further removal of any of the remaining 11.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Uh... guys?

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever EVER, infinity.

Mentioned the word "stamina" or "fatigue" in my moveset.

Just to make it clear. ;)
Yeah sorry Shin. When I was talking about your vB move and I mentioned the fact that like a real boxer when they are fatigued they take a breather. Just to clarify.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@shinhed-echi:Don't worry, I clearly understand what your saying, okay...

Basically you are saying that his B move would solely be depend on the opponents % as well as Little Macks, if his % is lower than the enemy he gains invincibility frames, but if the opponents % is lower than Little Mac receives some kind of punishment like Pichu only when the move is used, did I get that right?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Don't worry, I clearly understand what your saying, okay...

Basically you are saying that his B moves would solely be depend on the opponents % as well as Little Macks, if his % is lower than the enemy he gains invincibility frames,
Let's leave it at that. The rest is just the opposing scenario.

If Little Mac's health < Oppoent = NO invicibility frames for him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What we need to establish here first is if it's really a Nintendo game or if it's a 3rd party game because the wikipedia article doesn't make it clear.
At the very beginning, it said it was being developed by Nintendo.

In my book that automatically makes it 1st party. It's a different story if it's PUBLISHED by Nintendo.

Maybe Nintendo holds over 60% of the games' rights or something.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, here's the B moves and Final Smash for Dark Samus that I found on my computer:

Neutral B – Hyper Beam

If the player just presses the B button, Dark Samus fires a single projectile of concentrated Phazon from her arm cannon, similar to Samus’s Charge Shot except that the projectiles are rays rather than orbs. If the player holds the B button, it charges her arm cannon. Upon release, the arm cannon releases a thrashing, continuous stream of concentrated Phazon from itself. Unlike Samus, this charged attack is not a projectile, is more powerful, and captures players until the stream ends, when the player subsequently flies off in the opposite direction of the beam. The duration that this Phazon beam lasts depends on how long it has been charged.

Side-B – Hyper Ball

Dark Samus rolls into Hyper Ball mode while moving and jumps forward in a Boost Ball-type manner. However, instead of laying a bomb like Samus, she releases a jolt of electric-like Phazon on the ground that shock anyone within the radius of the jolt and has a chance of stunning the opponent. Some smaller jolts may then move in opposite directions of the original spark in a fashion similar to Pikachu’s Thunder Jolts. The jolts disappear within a few seconds.

Up-B – Shinespark

If Dark Samus is on the ground, she makes a short hop upwards. If Dark Samus is the air, she rolls out of Morph Ball mode and moves slightly upwards. While in the air, Dark Samus can initiate another, far larger jump by pressing B again and tilting the control stick in the wanted direction. Dark Samus can move in any direction with this move. This move does no damage.

Down-B – Hyper Shield

Dark Samus slashes his hands in front of him and crouches down while a shield of concentrated Phazon surrounds her within a two-character radius for as long as Zelda’s neutral B move. Similar to Ness’s PSI Shield, Dark Samus’s Hyper Shield can reflect and absorb projectiles to increase Dark Samus’s health.

Final Smash – Dark Echoes

Dark Samus hovers into the air above her and pushes her chest forward, releasing a large jolt of Phazon around her that deals minor damage to enemies. Immediately afterwards, Dark Samus produces two near-perfect clones of herself at each of her sides. Following this, Dark Samus and her clones fall to the ground. Dark Samus and her clones subsequently can start attacking their enemies. While Dark Samus can control herself, her clones are CPU-controlled. Her clones retain the same power as her, but only take a small amount of damage before they disappear.

I also have a Ridley/Meta Ridley moveset, but I'm not posting it yet.
This probably won't be good of me to say after getting rung about my views on Dragon Quest.I know going to get a lot of hate for this. But I'd rather have Dark Samus over Ridley. That is my opinion.

Everyone was so busy chewing me out i never got any feedback on my stage idea.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@echi
That'd be a really interesting mechanic that I'd love to see implemented

@star
Don't say that out loud the Ridley supporters will eat you alive

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I know going to get a lot of hate for this. But I'd rather have Dark Samus over Ridley. That is my opinion.
Having Dark Samus over Ridley would be like having Vaati over Ganondorf. Your opinion can be whatever, but one is clearly more important and has been around longer than the other.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
This probably won't be good of me to say after getting rung about my views on Dragon Quest.I know going to get a lot of hate for this. But I'd rather have Dark Samus over Ridley. That is my opinion.
I know. I'd rather have Ridley too over Dark Samus if I there were only two Metroid reps (and there probably will only be two Metroid reps). It's mostly for fun.

Besides, my character roster that I posted earlier includes both, so I made movesets for both.

Edit: Oops. I thought you were referring to preferring Ridley. Well, I prefer Ridley, but I just want another Metroid rep, so I wouldn't mind Dark Samus. Personally I think Metroid deserves to have a total of three reps at this point.

So no hate, man. :)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Everyone was so busy chewing me out i never got any feedback on my stage idea.
I like Dark Samus, so you aren't alone. :)

I also like Ridley too.

Having Dark Samus over Ridley would be like having Vaati over Ganondorf. Your opinion can be whatever, but one is clearly more important and has been around longer than the other.
Well of course. We all know that.

I like Geno more than Toad and bowser Jr.

I also like Suicune more than Zoroark.

Doesn't mean i expect them or even would argue for them. I just like them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So? You do realize there is no set "rule" that states how characters are tiered? Common sense dictates that you go for the character that has the most history, but that alone doesn't guarantee it must occur that way.

Let's play the hypothetical game. Say Sakurai has issues developing Ridley and decides to forego him. But decides to go with Dark Samus instead. Should he not because he couldn't complete Ridley?

For me I'd rather have Dark Samus. That's just me.

OmegaXXII

As far as the original 12, you can't take one out and still say the original 12 are safe. When the original 12 loses someone and subsequently becomes only a part of the original cast, a precedent is set that allows further removal of any of the remaining 11.
Yes you can say and it would make sense if it were Melee or Brawl, but were talking about the 12 original characters, the way you say it makes sense but you got to understand that the other 11 characters are significant to Nintendo, if Sakurai were to take any of the characters out it would look bad, Jiggs was only meant as a Joke character, she isn't a significant as the others that would be in question as you say.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes you can say and it would make sense if it were Melee or Brawl, but were talking about the 12 original characters, the way you say it makes sense but you got to understand that the other 11 characters are significant to Nintendo, if Sakurai were to take any of the characters out it would look bad, Jiggs was only meant as a Joke character, she isn't a significant as the others that would be in question as you say.
YOU MEAN THE OTHER 10. NESS CAN TAKE A HIKE.

MASKED MAN FOR SM4SH. YEEEAH.

Strong.

But seriously, it's not so much that the original 12 are safe because they're original, it's just that most of them can't be cut since they only picked the biggest names to put in the first one. Ness and Jiggs are the only ones that ever have to worry.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
if Sakurai were to take any of the characters out it would look bad, Jiggs was only meant as a Joke character, she isn't a significant as the others that would be in question as you say.
If that were true jiggs would have been cut at melee. Yes she started out as a joke but she has become much more. Explain to me specifically why the joke character continued on in the series this far

Reyairia

Smash Champion
So? You do realize there is no set "rule" that states how characters are tiered? Common sense dictates that you go for the character that has the most history, but that alone doesn't guarantee it must occur that way.

Let's play the hypothetical game. Say Sakurai has issues developing Ridley and decides to forego him. But decides to go with Dark Samus instead. Should he not because he couldn't complete Ridley?

For me I'd rather have Dark Samus. That's just me.
If Sakurai could make Olimar playable, make Charizard (another dragon) also playable, and make completely new movesets for characters that don't fight at all like the StarFox characters, I don't see how he'd have any trouble with Ridley. Especially now that he's going to have a lot more help this time around. Not being able to pull it off is no excuse outside of time or budget constraints, and even then I'm not seeing it.

My Ganondorf/Vaati comparison still stands. Despite being in only a handful of games, Vaati is pretty popular too.

There is no set rule but saying DS has a chance over Ridley is silly, the only way is if Sakurai simply does not give a **** and would rather have DS as a clone or semi-clone.

I don't understand why people think Ridley would be hard to do. Yeah, ***** is hard to draw and probably more difficult to animate, but I kind of expect more of Sakurai than to scrap a character just because of that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't care if I'm eaten alive. Get beat up all the time for wanting to see Dragon Quest content in the next Smash. Get beat up for my anti-Lucario stance. Get beat up for saying Paper Mario is the best choice for a new Mario character. So if I get beat up by Ridley fans what does it matter? Heck I'll go and tick off another group, I'd like to see another Earthbound character! A playable Starman, that's right, a playable Starman!

Never once said DS had more of a chance than Ridley. You assumed that when I never inferred it. My hypothetical situation was just that. I was addressing a mentality, not commenting either way on whether Ridley is functional.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
You crying to me about that? I hanged out in the Tingle thread back in the Brawl speculation days.

TBH I still want Tingle as a playable character, simply to piss everybody off. The ensuing fanboy tantrums would be EPIC.

Morveux

Smash Cadet

As you may know, Balloon Fighter was supposed to be in Melee. Here is an idea to boost a little bit this concept.
Alice & Balloon Fighter : I know, they've never met in their respective games, they is no link between them. But both of them love balloons.
:awesome:

Okay, let me explain my idea : Balloon Fighter is in the air. Alice is in the ground. Her aim in to make sure Balloon Fighter keeps his two balloons, cause it offers her a great recovery. She fight with the flipper (the one from Melee), but her attacks are pretty weak. So she has to command Balloon Fighter to attack if she wants the ennemy to have hight damages. Nevertheless, she can make the ennemy K.O with one of her smashes involving the flipper. She can't really act without Balloon Fighter, which excuses the fact that she is not as popular as him. I hope nobody will complain about it anymore.
When an ennemy explode Balloon Fighters's balloons, he disapears in the sky like Team Rocket in Pokemon anime. When he loses on of his balloons, Alice can inflate a balloon and drop it in the air, with one of her taunt. Balloon Fighter will have to take it, just like in the game. You can have three red balloons in the air max.
Alice is the only one to have a shield. She is the only one who can uses objects, who can dodge, or grab an ennemy. However, Balloon Fighter will randomly take an object from the ground (if a fire flower appears for example, but not a bob-omb or a barrel) and give it to Alice.

NEUTRAL B : Rupee
Yeah, I'm talking about rupees from Zelda. Tingle's Balloon Fight is from the same serie, so why not. Also, Sakurai will certainly listen to people who hate him, so this is an interesting way to include him.
By pressing B, Alice asks Balloon Fighter to drop a rupee. She can run, jump and press B. This is a pretty great attack to make combos.
- green : 1%
- red : 2%
- purple : 3%
- silver: 5% (rare)
- gold : 10% (very rare)
[If Balloon Fighter is dead, she inflates a balloon and make it explode in the face of the ennemy.]

DOWN B : Air Pump
Alice uses her air pump, and uses it like Mario's FLUDD to repulse the attack and throw the ennemy to the edge.

FORWARD B : Dirigible
Alice control in which direction Balloon Fighter fly. Indeed, the guy fly in a horizontale axe, so if she wants to protect him from an ennemy, or to drop a rupee on someone, she has to use it intelligently.
[If Balloon Fighter is dead, nothing]

UP B : Safety Balloons
Alice is about to fall ! Balloon Fighter appears rapidly, she cling on to his feet, and he can fly during 5 seconds. This is one of the best recovery of the game, and one of the main advantage of this character.
[If Balloon Fighter is dead, her recovery is pretty lame. So.. keep in mind that Balloon Fighter HAS to live, if you want to recover, AND to attack!]

Here is an image, with french explanation. Just look at the pictures.
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4562/balloonalice.png

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If that were true jiggs would have been cut at melee. Yes she started out as a joke but she has become much more. Explain to me specifically why the joke character continued on in the series this far
I think people need to understand that inside SSB, Super Smash Bros itself is a franchise.

And it has its share of popular characters. Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon are two popular SSB characters that have stuck around since the SSB 64 days, and there are no signs to indicate either one will be cut.

It doesn't matter if in the outside world of Pokemon Jiggs isn't popular anymore. In the Smash Bros. universe, in this particularly different universe apart from mainstream canon, Jiggs is popular, and recurring. And I think she'll continue to be back over and over again because she was the original "joke" character.

---

Regarding the Balloon Fighter / Alice moveset.

I'm all up for BF/BK character. And though your moveset is very creative, I think it doesn't deliver the experience either character's game portrayed. So In my humble opinion, I think Alice should be the character, and have a Balloon Fighter costume (helmet included). This is just my opinion though. :p Overall, interesting moves.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm talking about rupees from Zelda. Tingle's Balloon Fight is from the same serie, so why not. Also, Sakurai will certainly listen to people who hate him, so this is an interesting way to include him.
Not really. Tingle is a very popular character in Japan. He even had several spin-off titles.

Morveux

Smash Cadet
From what I've heard, he has a huge fan base in Japan, but he is hated in America.
I love him, personnally. :)

OmegaXXII

YOU MEAN THE OTHER 10. NESS CAN TAKE A HIKE.

MASKED MAN FOR SM4SH. YEEEAH.

Strong.

But seriously, it's not so much that the original 12 are safe because they're original, it's just that most of them can't be cut since they only picked the biggest names to put in the first one. Ness and Jiggs are the only ones that ever have to worry.

That what I'm trying to get at, though I wouldn't necessarly count Ness out just yet even if the franchise is semi-dead.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think it'd be cool if Little Mac's entrance was him coming out of the corner after a pep-talk from Doc Lewis, especially if the pep-talk was different based on who he was fighting.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
That what I'm trying to get at, though I wouldn't necessarly count Ness out just yet even if the franchise is semi-dead.
I think the abundance of Mother content in Smash Bros. is more based on the admiration that people like Iwata or Sakurai have over Shigesato Itoi and his creations. Like a tribute, mind you.

And like Game & Watch with Gunpei Yokoi (except the sentiment is a lot less stronger because at least Itoi isn't dead).

Dang... I can't believe I memorized all these japanese people's names... :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
From what I've heard, he has a huge fan base in Japan, but he is hated in America.
I love him, personnally. :)
I love him too, I always thought he was hilarious. Zelda games aren't the same without him, IMO. :urg:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Then don't say the original 12 are safe except for jiggs. That's like saying everyone who posted today is getting pie except for user-X because his post was too short.

Say the most iconic characters or something to that effect

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The Mother/Earthbound characters are also likely to remain in because the series was very popular in Japan, to extent that there was manga on it and some of the music actually had it's lyrics printed in school books.

OmegaXXII

Reason she made it to Melee is because she was part of the first game, then comes Brawl and if you looked at the files you would have noticed that she was barely able to make it in, if any, this is probably an indication that she in fact wasn't taken seriously as a candidate as she was in Melee and probably wasn't heavily considered by Sakurai even though she was part of the original 12, and I'm afraid her chances only get worse if the Brawl files meant anything plus the possibility of newer candidates taking her spot for Smash 4.

In general, I am saying that while she is part of the original 12, her chances for survival have been constantly dropping, she has a chance, but it's difficult to say if Sakurai indeed decides to keep her around or not.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Reason she made it to Melee is because she was part of the first game, then comes Brawl and if you looked at the files you would have noticed that she was barely able to make it in, if any this is probably an indication that she in fact isn't taken seriously as a candidate as she was in Melee and probably wasn't heavily considered by Sakurai even though she was part of the original 12, and I'm afraid her chances only get worse the Brawl files meant anything plus the possibility of newer candidates taking her spot for Smash 4.

In general, I am saying that while she is part of the original 12, her chances for survival have been constantly dropping, she has a chance, but it's difficult to say if Sakurai indeed decides to keep her around or not.
What in the brawl files suggests she wasn't able to make it? Admittedly, I haven't looked at the files, but the only difference I can think of is that she wasn't a "story character" in SSE (the same goes for Toon Link and Wolf).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom