• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea well it will only get worse once more traffic come in, I'm especially looking for more trolls BK supporters though.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Agreed, unlike most SSB4 treads on the web, we seem to have nice healthy debates with genuine ideas and support. Although we do often get off topic, not that that's bad. lol
In the IGN SSB4 Ideas thread, it was filled with mostly roster topic and not really in-depth discussion. Ever since I've came to this forum, I've learned a lot about other characters and got better at SSB4 debates.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Super Smash bros, the only series I can name that even if the word is mentioned once, people start theorizing, gotta love it.

Pokemon wise, I think depending if it gets released in the time span, I see Victini being something like mew, while pokemon like genosect or zoroark will fill in the mewtwo/lucario spot, if they choose to replace instead of add on. Maybe even melodia. Victini wouldn't be playable imo.

D

Deleted member

Skater Trainer said:
Pokemon wise, I think depending if it gets released in the time span, I see Victini being something like mew, while pokemon like genosect or zoroark will fill in the mewtwo/lucario spot, if they choose to replace instead of add on. Maybe even melodia. Victini wouldn't be playable imo.
Trust me when I say that being a Mew-like Pokemon is not enough to keep Victini out. It's pretty much the only thing hurting it anyway as Victini has a lot more going for it then against it.

OmegaXXII

Trust me when I say that being a Mew-like Pokemon is not enough to keep Victini out. It's pretty much the only thing hurting it anyway as he has a lot more going for it then against it.
I agree with you there, seeing as Victini has pretty much gotten exposure due to his movie, I believe it will impact Sakurai on his decision to include Victini based on how well received and popular he gets, not to mention he would most likely replace Zoroark as a possible candidate thus the possibility of Lucario and/or Mewtwo would increase their chances considerably.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just read the essay, great work SSBF.

At this point the only thing I need to see is some more Victini support and popularity in the Pokemon community, otherwise I'm still pretty neutral on his inclusion. That and, I want both Mewtwo and Lucario back. lol

Maybe try posting the essay Pokemon sites like Serebii? You've convinced most everyone here on Smashboards, why not go after support on other sites. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nice essay, only have one issue with the essay and that is this paragraph:

...Whenever Deoxys and Blaziken fans like to admit it or not, Lucario got in because he was among the most popular 4th gen Pokemon at the time. Not only that, he was relevant before Diamond & Pearl got released, with his movie Lucario and the Mystery of Mew coming out on July 16, 2005, meaning that he had enough time to gain popularity to become playable in SSBB. More relevant then Deoxys and more relevant then Blaziken. This is a clear indication that relevancy is important to a character's inclusion.
"Characters" is way too ambiguous. Is it pertaining to Pokémon exclusively? Or are you reffering to any character? If the latter it really conflicts with the theme of that paragraph. Not to mention the point would be highly debatable. If, granted, that is what you were inferring?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Ghirahim has my support.
Although we obviously haven't seen much of his fighting ability yet since Skyward Sword isn't out, his E3 fight showed an interesting concept.

One of his moves could involve him simply putting his hand out, palm open, in front of him, like Ganondorf's neutral A attack However, instead of shocking the opponent, it works like a counter - Ghirahim grabs at where the opponent was about to strike with and strikes the enemy back with it.

E3 2011 - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Boss Fight - Demon Lord: Ghirahim (fight starts at 2:19)

Anyways, I think Ghirahim, Tingle, and Toon Zelda/Tetra are the only good nominees for a fifth Zelda rep, which isn't too likely in the first place.

And I've also read SSBFan's essay. It makes me a believer in Victini's ability and chances, but I do think Zoroark would make just as good of a character.

At this point the only thing I need to see is some more Victini support and popularity in the Pokemon community, otherwise I'm still pretty neutral on his inclusion. That and, I want both Mewtwo and Lucario back. lol

Maybe try posting the essay Pokemon sites like Serebii? You've convinced most everyone here on Smashboards, why not go after support on other sites. ;)
It might get really chaotic in the site.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to make one more revision on him before I go. This time I won't show it off here, as like you said, most everyone here has been convinced.

I plan on putting it on the following sites:

- GameFAQs (My biggest target)
- IGN
- Serebii
- Other sites.
- Suggestions from people.
Nice essay, only have one issue with the essay and that is this paragraph:

"Characters" is way too ambiguous. Is it pertaining to Pokémon exclusively? Or are you reffering to any character? If the latter it really conflicts with the theme of that paragraph. Not to mention the point would be highly debatable. If, granted, that is what you were inferring?
I am specifically mentioning Pokemon characters in this case. This applies to all characters but I am stressing that relevancy plays an important role in Pokemon as well, disregarding that is silly.

Of course this is why I am planning on making a final revision before sending it off to other sites.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Back on the MK-Freddy thing, it is easy; Freddy is owned by New Line Cinema which is a sub-division of Warner Bros; who now own MK. Easy to have Freddy as a character, not much legal problems.

I really doubt Nintendo would pull a Freddy and place someone non-related to videogames in Smash. The closest thing to pulling-a-Freddy is to place some like Captain N, or replace PKMN Trainer with Ash specifically.

Ironically, I am of those who don't want for this thread to change subject, but felt I had to say something.

Victini looks good, but legendaries like him and Mew might be hard to make playable, unless perhaps if we re-size them.

D

Deleted member

SSBCandidates said:
Victini looks good, but legendaries like him and Mew might be hard to make playable, unless perhaps if we re-size them.
I think re-sizing him will be easy to do. Just put him as slightly taller then Kirby. Done.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That is what needs to be addressed regarding chance. Its important to address the 'criteria' in its minute distinctions and as a whole.
Zoroark may have some kind of gimmick revolving around his Illusion ability (Like the Shang Tsung of Smash or something), but otherwise I don't think he would set himself apart from Wolf all that much. Normals are what make up the moveset, after all.

Victini's Psychic/Fire typing allows for more unique normals. Which, in my opinion, make him the better choice. (C'mon. Pyrokinesis, man. PYROKINESIS)

@Omega, be sure your Burger Knight moveset is your 9,001 post. If it's just 9000 then it isn't OVER 9000!!!

OmegaXXII

I got this, man I hope we get some signature petions soon, I'll be happy to support ANY character that helps me support Zelgius, no matter how ridiculous it is lol..

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pokemon in Smash have never really appealed to me bar Mewtwo. Just never enjoyed playing as any of them. Victini and Zoroark don't appear to change that for me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@nLiM8d:
Eh. I just know "dark" moves tend to be like "dirty fighting" moves. With the moves he learns, there seems to be an emphasis on his claws. That's why I get the feeling he wouldn't set himself apart from Wolf very much. Which isn't necessarily a reason against him. And the comment on normals applies to every character. Specials tend to just flesh out the moveset, giving them something neat to work with, or just add personality. Normals are what you're going to use most of the time.

@SHANG TSUNG: I dunno what you mean. It was just an example of how I think his illusion ability would be implemented? Illusion lets Zoroark appear as another Pokemon when in battle, so that's not too far off from transforming into other characters.

OmegaXXII

So what franchise do you find appealing?

Aside from FE, I find the Zelda series quite interesting, it's appealing that we have so many characters requested for Smash, no matter how slim their chances are.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I got this, man I hope we get some signature petions soon, I'll be happy to support ANY character that helps me support Zelgius, no matter how ridiculous it is lol..

First where is the link again? I think I may sign.

Second, a great site for maybe gaining support like Victini and Serebii would be Serenes Forest. I hope this helps a little in your campaign. ;)

D

Deleted member

Off - topic: How are the character discussions in MvC like?
"WHERE IZ MEGA MAN?"

I definitely agree that leaving Mega Man out was a bad idea, but I think fans are taking it too far by saying they're trying to kill Mega Man, especially since they did have the curiosity to at least put in Tron Bonne and Zero.

@---: Thanks. I'm going to keep a portfolio for sites to target. I'll probably start with the least active sites then work my way up to the more active and difficult sites to penetrate. This site was surprisingly easy to get through.

Anyway, need to get sleep. Hopefully, I shoudl get a response to nLiM8d in regards to my essay done tomorrow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, looking at sites dedicated to one series isn't always the best idea. Everyone there will be a fan of EVERYTHING about that series, so they'll have huge biases about it. Most won't think of only that which is necessary for the best representation in Smash.

Of course, I'm probably just bitter because even Metroid fan sites don't even consider Ridley. (What the hell, some suggested Fake Kraid, GF Trooper, and Space Pirate over Ridley because he's "TOO BIG")

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

In that case, better be ready to join all the (low, possibly one-person) demands and hype for...

[COLLAPSE=...]

This lady!
[/COLLAPSE]
And also...
[COLLAPSE=...]

This armadillo guy!
[/COLLAPSE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom