• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
As cute (and gimmicky and a waste) as the Miis would be, the possibility of little Timmy playing against Hitler and Captain ****face online would probably be enough to prevent their inclusion.

*horrible internets plus ******** thumbs equal good times.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm back from sleep.

Isn't that Timon as your icon Java?
Spelling correction. :p

And yes, indeed. I'm a big fan of the character and the Lion King. However, despite the vastness of the Internet, almost every Timon avatar I've found sucks in some way, so I'm stuck with this one.

I have faith in Sakurai and his team. Sakurai isn't a great developer (Despite the game getting good reviews from critics) but now he has a team that will help him. never mind. I believe this game will be great if Sakurai will hear out suggestions from the fanbase. Well, the logical suggestions I guess. Or the most requested ones. It depends. I don't know what he'll do.
Although some of Sakurai's preferences and decisions regarding Smash Bros. confuse me greatly, he is the creator of the series, and he's also made all the good decisions for the games.

Nevertheless, I have faith that Sakurai will make a better game this time around. Giving him a break to work on Uprising, a separate game, probably helps lighten his mood.

What isn't based off of Kirby Super Star?
Well, Sakurai created the Kirby series, so there's no reason not to expect Kirby influences beyond just the franchise's represented spectrum.

This. I'm convinced that if a few key members of this community got together, they could make a Smash Bros far superior to Brawl.
I'm convinced of this too.

I like how people get really outraged at the suggestion of Fawful, yet will endorse Geno for some reason.

While we're talking about one hit RPG wonders, we can't possibility overlook one particular stand-out character hailing from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. When Paper Mario entered the Glitz Pit, he was instantly antagonist by the champion. This act villain set himself apart from the rest of the game, and became an instant fan favorite for his cocky persona and belligerance... It's time to RAWK!

Rawk Hawk
(Paper Mario Series)
~Theme~

Rather than having Paper Mario himself, why not have a separate character represent the series?

Rawk Hawk joins the fray in his true 2D form!

[COLLAPSE=Rawk Hawk Moveset]
Playstyle
Rawk Hawk is true to his nature as a show-boating narcissist. He fights much like a WWE wrestler, with significant delays before his attacks to add flair to his moves. He is a powerful grappler. Like in the game, his fighting style is based on a luchador.

Special Moves:
Up B~ Rawk Dive- Rawk Hawk does a high up jump with somersaults before swooping ahead at a downward angle. If it connects with an enemy, he grabs them and will slam them into the ground with himself.

Side B~ Rawk Turnbuckle- A paper turnbuckle rises out of the ground next to Rawk Hawk, he jumps on it. Pressing a direction while on the turnbuckle will result in Rawk Hawk performing a powerful dive off. Great for pinning down enemies. Once he slams into an enemy, they get pushed into the ground.

Neutral B~ Rawk Appeal: Rawk Hawk will make a taunt-like motion to the supposed crowd... Depending on the amount of appeal he has generated, they will perform a certain function.

Appeal is generated by taunting and doing damage to enemies. Alternatively, Appeal is lost by taking damage and camping. The appeal chart is as follows:
1- Crowd throws a hefty weight at Rawk Hawk, can actually KO at 60% plus.
2- Crowd resoundingly boo's him and throws empty cans, doing slight damage.
3- Crowd boos, which stuns Rawk Hawk
4- Crowd doesn't do anything.
5- Crowd lets out a half-hearted cheer, but does nothing.
6- Crowd cheers, giving Rawk Hawk a very slight boost.
7- Crowd lets out a significant cheer, Rawk Hawk gets a moderate boost.
8- Crowd tosses him a food item, which Rawk Hawk eats instantly.
9- Crowd lets out a significant cheer, boosting Rawk Hawk.
10- Crowd lets out a resounding cheer, boosting Rawk Hawks hit range, speed, and knockback resistance. Temporary Super Armor immediately following the appeal.

Note that using Appeal resets it to Neutral.

Down B~ Rawk Smash: He couldn't be a wrestler type without this signature move, this is based on the famous wrestling finisher move, the Power Bomb. Rawk Hawk grapples ahead, if an enemy is caught, he wheels them over his head and after a brief window, slams them into the ground doing MASSIVE DAMAGE. This is one of the more powerful moves in the game, as such, when the enemy is over Rawks head, there is a brief window to excape, similar to breaking out of a grapple.

Final Smash~ Time to Rawk!
The camera pulls back and reveals a crowd watching the Smash Bros fight, the crowd is filled with Goombas, Koopas, Waddle Dees, Animal Crossers, Dekus, Yoshis, etc. Rawk Hawk leaps onto a steel catwalk that is supposedly overhanging the arena and begins to shake it. Debris like stage lights, speakers, etc. rains down on the stage doing damage to enemies. Everytime that someone is struck, the crowd leaps up, further obstructing view as they get wild.

Grab- Rawk Hawk's grab animation is similar to a Pin from wrestling.[/COLLAPSE]

Comments please! And thanks so much for reading what I believe to be a fun moveset.
It looks good, Barbasol. I wouldn't mind Rawk Hawk appearing over Paper Mario, actually.

It would be cool if SSB4's Adventure mode had a world based on Paper Mario as well, meaning instead of the generic worlds we got in SSE we would get totally recognizable places from each of the popular franchises, for example if there was a Paper Mario based area eveything would look 2D and such, though I don't know how that would affect character appearances for that particular area, a nice idea like that would be nice.

Another example would be from Ike's game such as Daein's Castle taking place inside the castle, part of the SSE could take place inside while exploring with Fire Emblem based gamestyle, it would sort of be chess like in that particular area to control, but once you hit or come in contact with the enemy a regular Smash battle would emerge instead, great unique concept should happen like that in Adventure mode depending on a certain franchise.
For the Fire Emblem idea, it could be implemented using the same World Map that Brawl's Adventure mode used and the inevitable map SSB4 will use. Select a spot on the map and attack the encountered enemies.

A Paper Mario stage in Adventure Mode would be sweet to see and extremely unique.

Now first of all I do realize there is already a Paper Mario moveset but it seems rather incomplete and could be better to me. This is my take on his moveset and what it should be.

I'm planning on making this post look nicer but bear with me it took a few hours to create this. By the way Super Paper Mario was not used at all in this moveset because I don't like it very much.

General

Introduction

Paper Mario is Mario but in paper form. If Link can have another version of him, why not Mario? However unlike Link/Toon Link Paper Mario is a very unique character that has moves completely separate of his counterpart. He shares properties of G&W's flat 3D model to make him look 2D.

Attributes
Paper Mario is a lightweight character with strong, long-ranged attacks. He is shorter than Mario but about the same in width. Side-by-side you can see Paper Mario is about half the height of Mario making him somewhat hard to hit. However he is KO'd easily because of his lightweight but his uniqueness and strength.

Strength: 8/10
Weight: 3.5/10 (One of the lightest; dies early.)
Speed: 7/10 (Faster than his counterpart but not too fast.)
Priority: 8/10 (All attacks have incredible priority.)
Attack Speed: 8/10 (A little faster than the Ice Climbers.)
Aerial Mobility: 7.5/10
Water Mobility: 10/10 (Can cross water fast as a boat.)
Shield: 5/10 (Average-sized. Only a little smaller than G&W's.)
Size: 4.5/10 (Average.)
Jump: 6/10 (Ground jump is average and second jump is somewhat above average.)
Range: 9/10 (Some attacks have average (5/10) range.)
Fastfall: 1/10 (2nd to Jigglypuff.)

Series Icon A paper airplane (I feel the regular mushroom doesn't fit quite in.)
Wall Jump? No.
Crawl? Yes. (Transforms into a piece of paper rolled up.)
Glide? Yes. (Transforms into airplane.)
Paper Mario also transforms into a boat when on water. Fret not as you can still attack without lag from the incredibly fast transformation.

Playstyle
Will update this later.

Pros/Cons

Pros
+ Great mobility
+ Can rack damage pretty fast
+ Unique playstyle
+ Can KO early
+ Range/grab range is amazing
+ Can evade attacks from water easily
+ Great at edgeguarding

Cons
- Is KO'd early
- Partners sometimes create problems
- Terrible recovery, depending on partner
- Playstyle is confusing to new players
- Falls very slowly, making KOing him vertically easy
- Badge Equip is random (however it is possible to set what badge PM gets from the roulette.)
- A few badges need to be unlocked (but are easy to acquire.)

Also, sounds from the Paper Mario series are used on PM, such as the Attack FX badges from his game. The hammer he uses is the Ultra Hammer.

• May update pros/cons later as that is all I can think of right now.

Moveset

Regular Moves/Tilts

Jab : Double Hammer
Paper Mario reaches for his hammer, hiting upward and downward at average range.

A very average/neutral move. Average range, speed, blah blah.

——————————————————————————————

Forward tilt : Hammer Throw
Paper Mario throws his hammer at either a high angle (control stick UP), average angle (control stick FORWARD) or low angle (control stick DOWN).

This move has incredible power, priority and range. It is one of Paper Mario's projectiles. He can be offensive or defensive with this move. PM can hit people above him (not directly above), in front of him or lower the angle for edgeguarding. Thanks to the range and power of the move PM can KO opponents that are near the blastline. If PM lowers the angle of the move and hits someone while airborne (and the attack lands on the sweetspot) the attack can spike for a surprise KO.

Up tilt : Jump
Paper Mario jumps slightly to attack above him.

A lagless move that attacks the opponent above PM with low knockback, allowing for PM to do multiple Utilts on his opponent to juggle. The range is alright for PM. Depending on the situation, using PM's up aerial is safer.

Down tilt : Hammer Pound
Paper Mario hits the ground with his hammer to create a small shockwave, hitting opponents.

A terrible move to use out-of-the-blue. It is only good for edgeguarding opponents who are avoiding you using the ledge. However you can infinite with the move against a wall because it has set knockback but the opponent can easily SDI out of the move above 43%.

Dash attack : Hammer Spin
Paper Mario spins around a few times with his hammer.

A good move to use because of the good pressuring abilities of the move. All hits have set knockback except the last one, which does a good deal of knockback but doesn't kill until >250%.

Smash Attacks

Note: All Smash Attacks PM has create a sound effect depending on the level charged and shows the charge meter from PM:TTYD above PM. See this link for what I mean.

Up Smash : Spring Jump
Paper Mario jumps an incredible distance to hit an opponent above him with incredible strength and knockback.

One of Paper Mario's killers. Other than that the move has no real other use in battle. However this move is very punishable if Paper Mario misses and opponents can easily air dodge the attack. Opponents have to be lured into the attack to land it safely. Depending on the height of the stage ceiling, Paper Mario can be close enough to the top blastline (he cannot, obviously, KO himself.) Plus, Paper Mario has the second slowest falling speed. In order to reach the ground safely, Paper Mario must use his down aerial attack Ground Pound to get back to the ground.

Side Smash : Power Smash
Paper Mario copies the exact same motion from his game. He applies the "Power Smash" badge then he lifts up his hammer above him, eyebrows angered and smashes it down.

A very powerful and reliable killer. Almost no lag and has long range. Also has some hitboxes behind PM that deals some damage.

Down Smash : Quake Hammer
Paper Mario copies the exact same motion from his game. He applies the "Quake Hammer" badge then he lifts up his hammer above him, eyebrows angered, jumps and smashes it into the ground, shaking the ground around him. PM's opponents are hit multiple times with damage while stuck in a hitstun pose (think of it like ZSS' dsmash at full charge). PM can then move freely around to attack his opponent while in hitstun with another killer or wait till the hitstun wears off to launch the opponent vertically.

A very interesting move. It does around 13% damage uncharged and 21% fully charged but does less damage overtime. However unlike most moves in PM's moveset the hitstun is extended allowing for a free followup. It allows PM to rackup damage and kill easily. If PM decides to not do anything (for some reason) the opponent will be knocked upwards after the hitstun wears off. By itself it kills later than most of PM moves. Most moves PM has kills around 100% (with DI) while this kills around 150% without DI. It is best to use a followup attack. Its range is incredible, by the by.

Aerial Attacks

Paper Mario's aerials are nothing special.

Neutral aerial : Tornado Spin
Paper Mario spins with arms and legs out hitting opponents a few times.

It has good range and deals a swell amount of damage. Can be used to approach in the air.

Up aerial : Spinning Cap
Paper Mario takes off his hat and twirls it above him, hitting opponents a few times.

Basically like Nair but has better priority. A good option to use other than Utilt to attack someone above him.

Back aerial : Hammer Pan
Paper Mario swooshes his hammer behind him.

One of those typical Bairs: has properties of a sex kick with good priority and good for edgeguarding. One of PM's spacers.

Down aerial : Ground Pound
Paper Mario spins quickly and falls downwards with supersonic speed. A stall-then-fall aerial.

Overly powerful on both the ground and air. It can spike in the air if it hits but you'll be risking a stock.

Forward aerial : Hammer Spike
Paper Mario puts one foot above him and raises his hammer to hit his opponent with great force.

A safer spike and powerful.

Special Attacks

About Partners
Partners are one of allies Paper Mario uses and that follow behind him everywhere, even in the air. They have their own percentage and weight. Think of them like Olimar's Pikmin but only with one of their own moves and Nana combined. Each partner has one ability unique to them that can either be useful or pathetic. Once a partner is KO'd the next partner in the order the player picked before the battle is automatically pulled. Partners can be chosen like Sheik on the character selection screen. The order can also be chosen and partners you don't want pulled can be chosen as well. While partners don't have much use other than one attack they can help protect Paper Mario as they usually slack behind Paper Mario somewhat but can be gimped easily away from Paper Mario. The farther away they are the quicker they return. Unlike Nana they have infinite jumps and do not attack on their own if Paper Mario is, oh say, grabbed. They'll just stand there. They can only die by being KO'd. Badges do not affect them. There can only be 1 partner on the field behind PM. You cannot "desync" them to DI them. They will DI on their own if possible as they have AI of some sort. If Paper Mario somehow loses all partners in one stock he must be KO'd to get them back (yes, this means his recovery does not exist unless you glide.) He will get all his partners back and have them at 0% if he loses a stock. Also all partners get their own color change just like Paper Mario himself.

Neutral special : Partner Exchange / Super Guard
Paper Mario exchanges a partner with the one he has.

Basically what it says. Virtually no lag and cancels vertical momentum. If Paper Mario has no partners the move is then Super Guard:

Paper Mario hides under his cap for 3 seconds or until the button is pressed. The opponent's attack is backfired.

It's the same as Marth's I keep it at that.

Side special : Partner Ability
The partner currently behind Paper Mario does their ability.

Note: I didn't want to include too many partners because I thought it would be unreal. If you want me to add more go ahead and suggest that to me.

Bombette : Homing Bomb
Bombette homes on the enemy while her fuse is lit. If her fuse explodes, she explodes herself. She then launches completely vertically (think Jigglypuff's Rest). The more percent she has the farther she'll go, meaning she can KO herself. She is heavy and is KO'd around 100% without DI.

Parakarry : Shell Shot
Homes in on one opponent for a powerful hit. Very useful at high percents. He is a lower middle weight and is KO'd around 75% without DI.

Lady Bow : Outta Sight
Hides Paper Mario in the shadows for a maximum of 5 seconds or until the button is pressed again. She is the most favorable partner as Paper Mario can already KO easily by himself and hiding with Bow is effective. Paper Mario can move around while outta sight (note he can still be seen, just transparent.) You cannot use this move until 15 seconds have passed. She is very light and is KO'd around 60% without DI.

Watt : Mega Shock
Shocks all opponents and paralyzes them. Must be charged and uses the Paper Mario charge bar. Watt is very useful in doubles play. He is light and is KO'd around 65% without DI.

Goombella : Rally Wink
Kisses Paper Mario and recovers 5%. However it can only be used every 20 seconds, so the usefulness of the move isn't much. She is light and is KO'd around 65% without DI.

Flurrie : Big Breasts Dodgy Fog
Flurrie kisses Paper Mario allowing him to be dodgy which makes some moves go right past Paper Mario, lasting around 10 seconds. It is useful but it's a game of chance. Not all attacks pass through PM so you'll still have to be just as defensive. She is heavy and is KO'd around 90% without DI.

Yoshi Kid : Gulp
Yoshi Kid gulps one opponent. Unlike Yoshi, however, Yoshi Kid can either spit them back out dealing 12% damage or follow through with an egg. There is a 2 second window. If Side-B isn't pressed in 2 seconds Yoshi Kid will automatically spit out the opponent in an egg. Otherwise pressing the button again allows you to spit the opponent out. Yoshi Kid is light and is KO'd around 65% without DI.

Vivian : Fiery Jinx
Vivian attacks all opponents with fire that can KO. If the opponent is not KO'd the fire burns them for additional damage, similar to the flower effect. She is light and is KO'd around 65% without DI. Note she does not jump, but has an endless "leg" (you'll have to look at PMTTYD videos to see what I mean.)

Ms. Mowz : Love Slap
This attack is short ranged but if you managed to make it hit your opponent is dealt 14%-22% damage. She is light and is KO'd around 75% without DI.

Up special : Partner Recovery
The partner currently behind Paper Mario does their recovery to help Paper Mario.

Bombette : Bomb Recovery
Bombette lits her fuse and in 3 seconds she explodes with high vertical distance.

Parakarry : Air Lift
Parakarry graps Paper Mario and lifts him either upwards (control stick UP) or left/right (control stick LEFT/RIGHT). This move can make Paper Mario and Parakarry very vunerable as you cannot move freely. Once your direction is chosen it's stays that way for around 3.5 seconds then you will fall helplessly. They both have super armor.

Lady Bow : Fan Bat
Bow grabs her fan and wacks Mario in the direction based on the control stick. Think of it like the space animals' (Fox/Falco/Wolf) Up+B but with better control. It can also KO.

Watt : Burn
Watt burns Paper Mario making him jump incredibly high at an angle. You can control Paper Mario slightly. It also makes the PEWWWWWW sound from Paper Mario (the game).

Goombella : Super Jump
Paper Mario sits on top of Goombella's cap while she jumps high.

Flurrie : Gale Force
Flurrie blows Paper Mario (lol). The control for this is lackluster.

Yoshi Kid : Egg Throw
Yoshi Kid gulps Paper Mario and throws him. Basically just like Yoshi's Up+B.

Vivian : Veil
Vivian: Veil. Vivian grabs Paper Mario and takes him offscreen under the lower blastline (or if there isn't, she takes him under the ground) and throws him on the stage. However you must be quick as the special is very fast.

Ms. Mowz : Tease
Ms. Mowz dances around and slaps Paper Mario horizontally. It has almost no vertical distance.

Down special : Badge Equip
A roulette block appears above Paper Mario's head. He then hits it. A badge appears in the box while Paper Mario proceeds to attach it to him. Each badge lasts 30 seconds. Press the button while a badge is equipped to dequip it. Only one badge is allowed at a time.

Badges are another big part of Paper Mario's metagame. He can either get a helpful badge or a bad one. Some people may believe that it is unfair but most of the badges don't give him a huge advantage. You can also set what badges you can get in the Item Switch (which is what PM mains should always do.) TO's can also force some badges to be disabled but if they are all disabled then a huge part of PM's metagame is deleted. Only 3 badges must be unlocked but are fairly easy to acquire. Note some badges can be equipped to his partners but only one badge can be allowed, even if it's on a partner. Badges are dequiped if he loses a stock (Lucky Start is different.)

If any of you have suggestions for more badges please do. I'd like to keep it canon and realistic.

Badge : Defend Plus
Gives Paper Mario SLIGHTLY extra defense against elemental attacks.

Badge : Double Pain
Paper Mario is given double the damage of all attack. This badge is always OFF and must be turned ON before a match starts (but who would do that?).

Badge : Fire Drive
Gives the element of fire to all attacks involving Paper Mario's hammer. This makes the range of the hammer attacks slightly increase.

Badge : Hammerman
Gives Paper Mario some extra damage to his attacks involving his hammer but all other attacks lose some.

Badge : Jumpman
Gives Paper Mario some extra damage to his attacks not involving his hammer (except specials).

Badge : Happy Heart
Paper Mario's percent is recovered by 2% every 5 seconds

Badge : Happy Heart P
This is given to Paper Mario's partner. Is the same as Happy Heart.

Badge : Ice Power
Gives the element of ice to all attacks involving Paper Mario's hammer. This makes the power of the hammer attacks slightly increase. Only smash attacks can freeze opponents.

Badge : Power Rush
If Paper Mario's percent is above 125% his moves are increased in power by half.

Badge : Mega Rush
When Paper Mario is above 150% his attack power is twice the power.
HOW TO UNLOCK: Play as Paper Mario 5 times.

Badge : Lucky Day
Has a chance of stopping Paper Mario's momentum after being hit by a powerful attack. When this happens he will freeze in midair while a sound effect and 'LUCKY' appear over his head.
HOW TO UNLOCK: Defeat a level 9 Paper Mario CPU.

Badge : Pretty Lucky
Has a chance of stopping Paper Mario's momentum after being hit by a powerful attack. When this happens he will freeze in midair while a sound effect and 'LUCKY' appear over his head. However this badge has less of that chance than Lucky Day but this badge is more selected than Lucky Day.

Badge : Lucky Start
Paper Mario will either become dogdy or have extended invincibility (the usual 2 seconds is now 5 seconds) when he loses a stock with this badge equipped. It only has a chance of coming in the roulette when Paper Mario's percent is above 50%.

Badge : P-Up, D-Down
Paper Mario's attack is increased but defense is decreased. Depending on preference, this badge is usually disabled.

Badge : P-Down, D-Up
Paper Mario's defense is increased but attack is increased.

Badge : Piercing Blow
Allows any of Paper Mario's hammer attacks to ignore the weight of his opponent. While the effect lasts the usual 30 seconds, you can only use it once then it is automatically dequiped.

Badge : Power Plus
Gives Paper Mario SLIGHTY extra power to all attacks.

Badge : Return Postage
All attacks given to Paper Mario are given back to the opponent with half the damage. If Paper Mario is inflicted with 10% the opponent will suffer 5%. This badge does not return knockback to the opponent, nor hitstun.
HOW TO UNLOCK: Defeat Classic Mode with Paper Mario on Normal difficulty.

Badge : Shrink Stomp
If you land any aerial attacks or Utilt on your opponent while they're on the ground they will shrink until your badge is dequiped.

Badge : Sleepy Stomp
Sleepy Stomp: If you land any aerial attacks or Utilt on your opponent while they're on the ground they will fall asleep until your badge is dequiped.

Badge : Zap Tap
Zap Tap: Paper Mario is electrical. If the enemy attempts to attack you using ground moves they will suffer hitstun and 2% damage.

Grabs

Will update later because his partner do the grabs and I want to create analysis on each one. I can say his grab range is very far (all partners grab the same range.)

Final Smash

Final Smash : Final Battle

Paper Mario calls the Star Spirits to attack one opponent, the Crystal Stars to attack the other, and the Heart Pieces for the third.

It is all finished off with the Showstopper Crystal Star knocking each opponent offscreen.

Other

Alternate Costumes (partners also receive changes)
- Regular color
- L emblem (Luigi)
- W emblem (Wario)
- L+W emblem (Waluigi)
- Orange
- Pink
- White

Taunts
Up taunt
Paper Mario does the motion from when he gets Star Points.

Side taunt
Paper Mario spins in place like in the original Paper Mario.

Down taunt
Paper Mario's partner says a comment. If Goombella is chosen and a Paper Mario stage is chosen, she will tattle the other character, similar to Snake's codec.

Kirby Hat

Stage: Toad Town

Things I'd like to point out:
• The backgrounds can transition.
• The audience can do the wacky things they always do.
• The series icon should be, as I said, a paper airplane.

Will add more later.

Great moveset, Mecha Wave. I think you overdid it with the amount of characters and items used in the Partners and Badges concept, but they're unique concepts fitting for Paper Mario.

With that said, to everyone, who would you be shocked if the character was not playable, individually?

My answers is Ridley and Little Mac.

Will be back this evening.
I'd be surprised if I didn't see Ridley nor King K. Rool in SSB4's final character selection. I'm not sure about Little Mac, though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Great moveset, Mecha Wave. I think you overdid it with the amount of characters and items used in the Partners and Badges concept, but they're unique concepts fitting for Paper Mario.
Speaking hypothetically: well if people are willing to main Paper Mario then they have to face the fact it might be confusing to play as him but not by much.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Speaking hypothetically: well if people are willing to main Paper Mario then they have to face the fact it might be confusing to play as him but not by much.
I don't think that is a legitimate assertion. There should be NO characters that are confusing to play, ESPECIALLY in a Sakurai game. This isn't DotA. Paper Mario could easily be cool, unique, and representative without having to be ridiculously complicated.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Mecha: Yea, I actually didn't mind all those badges and partners, if anything it only adds unimaginable options to choose from, like you stated, depending on a partner one might have great speed and jumping ability, same can be said for the badges, good implementation could possibly assist in battle as well, becausecof this people might think he's a bit overpowered but really it's just adds more depth in fun and in depth strategy when it comes to making such decisions at the proper tine when it comes to partners, great idea.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
This is not valid! It was confusing to play with Wario, but after a while I got used, and he is one of my favorites now!

OmegaXXII

As cute (and gimmicky and a waste) as the Miis would be, the possibility of little Timmy playing against Hitler and Captain ****face online would probably be enough to prevent their inclusion.

Haha!!! Actually this would be ******* awesome, imagine man, anybody could be playable Mii style, including any characters that didn't make the cut, think of it like Mario Kart Wii for example, they had Mii inclusion as well.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
@Mecha: Yea, I actually didn't mind all those badges and partners, if anything it only adds unimaginable options to choose from, like you stated, depending on a partner one might have great speed and jumping ability, same can be said for the badges, good implementation could possibly assist in battle as well, becausecof this people might think he's a bit overpowered but really it's just adds more depth in fun and in depth strategy when it comes to making such decisions at the proper tine when it comes to partners, great idea.
At least you're getting the idea. The badges are not confusing, believe-it-or-not. More often than not people will ignore the badges because most of them (probably except for 2) are just good enough to just go along with. You'll be pressing Down+B without caring what the badge is.

Now the partners get people confused somehow. First, the mechanics of the partners are something you get along with. If you don't like the partner you have press B. If you want to do that partner's ability press Side+B. With a little practice it'll be pretty easy to get used to. If you're about to be KO'd press Up+B. Then if you use other partners you'll find out whose recovery aids best and whose doesn't. You'll have Flurrie but then realize those boobs were a lie.

Think about it. You have a partner and you're trying to recover. It's Ms. Mowz who has almost non-existent vertical recovery yet you're trying to recover vertically. Partner Exchange cancels most vertical momentum and is fast allowing you to have another partner quickly without fearing you'll KO. Paper Mario's options all come in handy in this situation. He's a very slow faller with great aerial mobility and a fast special allowing you to switch partners all while falling. Better yet you don't even have to worry about the partners because they have infinite jumps and do not annoy you with attacks you don't want them to.

Paper Mario is not confusing, it just depends on the player using him.

OmegaXXII

I don't think that is a legitimate assertion. There should be NO characters that are confusing to play, ESPECIALLY in a Sakurai game. This isn't DotA. Paper Mario could easily be cool, unique, and representative without having to be ridiculously complicated.

I see where you're trying to get at but it has options, not to mention Salurai is all about uniqueness, if P.Mario could offer that without going overboard then that would work just fine, I do see your point though, he does some to have excessive use of badges and characters, it's good but just a bit too much for a single Smash character to have, the way I see it, each badge should be random during every battle depending if it got collected or not, I don't know.

Thino

Smash Master

looks like someone hasnt played Mario Kart Wii online , you'd be surprised

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This conversation is reminding me of something right now.....

@Hex: How about Sonic?
Seeing Phoenix Wright has frequently reminded me of a quote that I've frequently seen in the past. I think it was...

Objection! This thread sucks!

I think the chance of tripping needs to increase. I swear I've gone through matches were no one tripped in it's entirety
Random tripping should only occur on slippery terrain, such as on ice. Normal terrain should not do this. Banana peels would obviously still lead to tripping.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I see where you're trying to get at but it has options, not to mention Salurai is all about uniqueness, if P.Mario could offer that without going overboard then that would work just fine, I do see your point though, he does some to have excessive use of badges and characters, it's good but just a bit too much for a single Smash character to have, the way I see it, each badge should be random during every battle depending if it got collected or not, I don't know.

Yes I see your point. Seems to be a problem in my moveset. But Paper Mario is not as confusing people think he is. I made Paper Mario so that his attributes correlated with his options and moveset and situations.

The badges are random. You can just turn some off in the item switch.

OmegaXXII

At least you're getting the idea. The badges are not confusing, believe-it-or-not. More often than not people will ignore the badges because most of them (probably except for 2) are just good enough to just go along with. You'll be pressing Down+B without caring what the badge is.

Now the partners get people confused somehow. First, the mechanics of the partners are something you get along with. If you don't like the partner you have press B. If you want to do that partner's ability press Side+B. With a little practice it'll be pretty easy to get used to. If you're about to be KO'd press Up+B. Then if you use other partners you'll find out whose recovery aids best and whose doesn't. You'll have Flurrie but then realize those boobs were a lie.

Think about it. You have a partner and you're trying to recover. It's Ms. Mowz who has almost non-existent vertical recovery yet you're trying to recover vertically. Partner Exchange cancels most vertical momentum and is fast allowing you to have another partner quickly without fearing you'll KO. Paper Mario's options all come in handy in this situation. He's a very slow faller with great aerial mobility and a fast special allowing you to switch partners all while falling. Better yet you don't even have to worry about the partners because they have infinite jumps and do not annoy you with attacks you don't want them to.

Paper Mario is not confusing, it just depends on the player using him.
Yes, I definetly see what your saying, good executable moves would solely depend on a person reaction and playstyle, actually this got me thinking in a whole new level of how unique a character should be, more specifically P.Mario, like I said adds in-depth, the options would be there, it only up to the player to decide how good or bad he is and would have to adjust and figure out a strategy, imagination would take a place as well I assume.

I approve of this incredible unique concept. =)

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I have a good idea for mii's.
There will be 3 different movesets for mii's. There is one for small mii's, medium mii's, and large mii's. And girl mii's and boy mii's will have different voices.

OmegaXXII

Hmm... Like Mario Kart Wii Mii's? Hmm.. I guess

Goku Mii vs. Vegeta Mii must happen!!!!

I wonder if they would include voice options to choose from, import or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mii's are one of the few entities I actually think are going to be in Smash Bros. I mean, they're pretty much in everything Multiplayer and from Nintendo.

I also don't think naughty Mii's will stop them from getting in. I mean, It hasn't stopped them from being playable in the new Mario/Mii game. (Although I would prefer Luigi, Wario and Peach/Toad to be the other players in a Mario game, not Miis)

Shanadeus

Smash Rookie
Reposting this from the 3DS thread:

There are plenty of ways to differentiate between the 3DS and Wii U smash.
Making Single-player the focus of the 3DS game while multi-player is the focus of the Wii U game is probably the best way to go about it.

3DS version
  • Extensive Single-player campaign that take the best known maps and levels from a multitude of nintendo (and 3rd party, if they have a character included) games, that better highlights and shows off the long and rich history of Nintendo games.
  • Customization to an almost extreme degree: Each character can alter their moves and abilities as they progress through the campaign, incorporating old trademark abilities (such as the mario fludd, the mario cape, the mario spin) and new ones created just for the campaign.
  • High-re-playability on the single-player modes, with each character experiencing the single-player campaign in a different way (enemies react differently, abilities allow you to take alternative passages, unique levels for all characters.) All the collected moves and abilities can be used to create a completely unique character, whether it's through a Mii or a character creator, for a re-run of the campaign.
  • 1-3 additional friends can jump into your campaign at any time to help you out, whether they're in the same room or connected to you through the Nintendo online service.
  • Gather trophies, stickers, songs and even some exclusive maps that can be transferred to the Wii U version to be shown off.

Wii U verson

• While the rooster between the two versions are the same, the Wii U version has a superior number of items, stages, alternative costumes and assist trophies.
  • Online and challenge modes that aren't restricted to pure fighting games. Jump into a level of Super mario bros and race to the flag, enter a top-down Zelda dungeon and solve the puzzle and much more.
  • Take advantage of the Upad controller in a number of exclusive game modes that are not possible on any other system such as Boss-mode, where a player uses the Upad controller with it's touchscreen to control a boss that cannot be controlled through standard controllers, and Crazy Stage-mode, where a player uses the Upad controller to literally control the stage 1-4 other players are playing on.
  • Great emphasis on multiplayer both locally and online, with ladders for a number of modes.
  • Import your customized character from the 3DS version and face off against your friends or against strangers online in a special mode and ladder.
  • Show off and play other imported 3DS material.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mii's are one of the few entities I actually think are going to be in Smash Bros. I mean, they're pretty much in everything Multiplayer and from Nintendo.

I also don't think naughty Mii's will stop them from getting in. I mean, It hasn't stopped them from being playable in the new Mario/Mii game. (Although I would prefer Luigi, Wario and Peach/Toad to be the other players in a Mario game, not Miis)
Agreed, they're pretty much the only new Nintendo characters in recent years and with more and more games in the Wii series since Brawl and now being on the 3DS and Wii U (New Super Mario Bros. Mii) it's almost guranteed they're going to be in.

Plus Sakurai has stated that there haven't been very many new Nintendo characters in recent years. He may have been hinting somewhat at them in addtion to other speculated characters.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
New blog post. A good deal shorter, as I'm trying to make them a bit more approachable.

Link in sig, as usual. How is everybody?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Hex

Just read your new blog post, great introduction, I look forward to part 2. ;)

Wow, the tread is slow today. "I'm bored" XP

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
New Super Mario Bros. Mii is a tech demo much like the Zelda HD tech demo.

D

Deleted member

Typing this from work...

I have to work at 6 AM tomorrow. So I have only 90 minutes of free time. I'll be free after 2:30 PM tomorrow and the next day as well

Just to let you know, Young Horsetail created his own website in regards to PCAM. After work, I'll give you the link to it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Just got back from shopping for some clothes. Tax-free weekend and all. Bought some small shirts, even though they're a little snug at the moment. Trying to force myself to lose weight. =P

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. It seems everybody is getting ready to go back to school, it will probably be as slow as it currently is. :/

I might post some thoughts over your newer blog in here just to get something going.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Hmm.. It seems everybody is getting ready to go back to school, it will probably be as slow as it currently is. :/

I might post some thoughts over your newer blog in here just to get something going.

I think it's just the tax free weekend. =P Everybody's out buying stuff. Though I imagine a lot of the users here are going back to school soon.... I don't go back to college until september.

OmegaXXII

unfortunetly when August hits, summer is nearly over for us, probably like 2 weeks left before school officially starts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My entire life is JUST working for the past year. Only difference in the seasons is the weather

Kantrip

Kantplay
Do you guys start summer vacation earlier, then? Or get the time elsewhere?

We get 2 weeks christmas break, 2 weeks spring break, 2 and a half months summer vacation, a long weekend every month, an hour late start every second wednesday, and the standard of Pro D days.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay wait. its tax free weekend? Fuu I need to shake this sickness for a hour or two and hit the mall and stores then.

Got to look dope with school starting on the 13th

OmegaXXII

Yea, we usually end school as early as mid May(sometimes) we get some days there and make up for it by going in early as well, yea we also have such breaks like X-Mas, thanksgiving and such, early days as well.

I wish it were Winter already. :/

D

Deleted member

I have school starting up on August 22nd and since it'll be tough, I won't have nearly as much time to dedicate to this site, although I won't be completely inactive.

Also, all leaders of the alliances formed should join the PCAM social group. Will PM members with invitations later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom