• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
He said form changes. Bowser Jr. transforming into Shadow Mario with his paintbrush.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not sure who said it but I'm responding anyways.

Yeah if SSB4 is good competitively most brawlers will drop brawl seeing how to community is split with the mk problem. 5% will probably stay to the game. Also depending on how well it is, the melee derps might move to it too.

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What's the deal with Captain Rainbow? O_o

Why is he so popular nowadays?? The only Captain we need in Falcon.

Actually Captain Planet would best him lol...★

You forget Captain Olimar. Also Metaknight is technically a captain as well. He's more unique then most other character being mentioned. Mario Princess knock offs, Mario and G&W hybrid, etc.

Here is the Wiki Link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Rainbow

Captain Falcon, Captain Olimar, Captain Rainbow XD

C. Rainbow would be interesting, but he's region specific.
Don't forget Captain Syrup from Wario games. I'm thinking in Adventure Mode cut seen they are on a ship together and they argue on who becomes captain. As for region specific you have Marth and he's still been in Smash.

meh, I'd rather see Captain Rainbow as a Captain Falcon alternate costume or as a AT.
But Captain Rainbow doesn't fight like CF. He fights with a Yo-yo and it would be interesting to see a complete yo-yo fighter. He can also have a Nick transformation like Zelda/Shiek.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I like bowser Jr. and shadow mario. I think people who don't want him are just scared of clones. He has plenty of moveset potential with the paint brush and all. (And even if he was a clone, I would imagine he would be like Dr. Mario. Dr. fans would be happy)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I like bowser Jr. and shadow mario. I think people who don't want him are just scared of clones. He has plenty of moveset potential with the paint brush and all. (And even if he was a clone, I would imagine he would be like Dr. Mario. Dr. fans would be happy)
So why even mention Shadow Mario.

Shadow Mario is completely unnecessary.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh lol my bad mecha.

Off topic, I got a 14K Italian Gold Chain with Jesus crucified on the cross hanging from it. Soo fresh.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait -Doctor Mario fans would be happy if there were a different Mario clone? How so? So if Falco got replaced with Wolf but Wolf was a clone of Fox, Falco mains would be happy?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Which I doubt. Only way he would be like that if a similar situation happened with the melee clones.
Sakurai apparently worked on Melee nonstop without breaks and barely any sleep. He probably wanted to get Melee over-and-done with.

At least this time around he has help and wants to actually try to be unique based off of Project Sora's employment page.

@Crimson: I don't know what you're talking about. At all.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nevermind... :|

Why did no one comment on Saturn Valley? I need my daily self-affirmation. ;_;

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
@Crimson I meant to say if Shadow Mario was a clone (which I doubt will happen) I imagined him being similar to Dr. Mario in the way they're different compared to mario: slower but stronger.

@Mechawave I heard he had enough time at the end of developement to create either one unique character or the six clones. Don't remember the source. As in, Shadow would be a tacked on character added at the last minute to buff up the roster. See what I mean?

Edit: off topic: I've been lurking for more than 500 pages and it just feels good to finally post. I'll take more time to think about what I say in the future btw.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nah, I was talking about Paper Mario, in a troll post responding to someone who said he would be a mario and G&W hybrid, which is blatantly false.

I can't believe that was taken seriously...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Should Paper Mario get in, I hope his moveset isn't very faithful to his games. Since he is made of paper, his moveset should take full advantage of that instead of making it some stylistic thing.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
For the people that haven't, you should check out my Paper Mario moveset (if for some reason you can't see signatures).

I find it better than all these "Up-B: Airplane" while it should be his glide. T_T

Should Paper Mario get in, I hope his moveset isn't very faithful to his games. Since he is made of paper, his moveset should take full advantage of that instead of making it some stylistic thing.
Why? Why want another Ganondorf?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I don't know why people think we should dig down for more Mario characters to put into Smash when there are plenty of other characters to represent. What's worst, the Mario character that are ask for are some of the most unoriginal characters in the series.

Paper Mario (I've already talked about this many times)

Shadow Mario (Let's take a possible unique character like Bowser Jr. and make him a clone of Mario)

Daisy (Already talked about her last night)

Rosaline (Same issues with Daisy)

Waluigi (Though more unique then the others above but he is a poorly design character in general)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Stylistic? In what way lol.. It should be related to his games, otherwise he won't be faithful with his moveset, probably end up like Mario which doesn't make sense in the first place., just stick to his games, but then again Sakurai doesn't always give a character moves based on their game, Captain Falcon speak much??

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't know why people think we should dig down for more Mario characters to put into Smash when there are plenty of other characters to represent. What's worst, the Mario character that are ask for are some of the most unoriginal characters in the series.

Paper Mario (I've already talked about this many times)
Explain Paper Mario. Please do. How is he unoriginal when he is clearly the most unique character than can be in Smash?

@Omega: Some of Captain Falcon's moves are based on his Japanese anime. Some moves Mario posses are with his games (dair, FLUDD, etc.)

Kantrip

Kantplay
In reality, I would like to see a moveset in which Paper Mario utilizes his various [partners? Whatever they're called], possibly as a down special that switches which one he has active. Then his neutral B would be augmented by whichever partner he has active.

Examples: That koopa guy (man it's been a while since I've played these games) - Throw a shell
That purple chick from TTD - Hover on her cloud thing
That punk yoshi - Ride a yoshi that runs fast (similar to wario's bike)

Side B doesn't need to be hammer, that's generic enough to be in his smashes and other standard attacks.

UP B doesn't have to be paper airplane, it could be a glide although that would be aesthetically awkward.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For the people that haven't, you should check out my Paper Mario moveset (if for some reason you can't see signatures).

I find it better than all these "Up-B: Airplane" while it should be his glide. T_T

Why? Why want another Ganondorf?
Ganondorf whut.

The movesets posted focus too much on him using his hammer. We already have that. Instead of adding Paper Mario for the sake of adding Paper Mario, let it be for the sake of seeing what being made of paper can bring as a moveset.

Honestly, I don't think it's all that much, which is why I'd prefer Bowser Jr. since his moveset has the potential to be one of the most unique in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom