• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thino

Smash Master
I think they forfeit balance when they start getting to and over 60 characters. By the time they hit 100, balance is no longer even a myth. Beyond 150, it is not in the dictionaries of any language.

If I had to pick... Megaman, ONE Phantom Brave, ONE Disgaea, and Amaterasu. That's 4, which is pretty optimistic, especially if we keep Snake and Sonic.
they forfeit balance at 4 characters ( see Fire Stingray 478 km/h in Fzero and Peach in SMB2 )

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Wow so the Wii U may be 50% More Powerful than PS3!

That would be so awsome,that mean's the Wii U would be poweful a nuff to support Dlc for ssmb4!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited the Wii U will be stronger than the PS3. But considering how long the PS3 has been out hardware by now should be even stronger than a margin of 50%

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
I hope there are not too many 3rd party characters in this i say max of 5, (dependent on the full roaster), my most requested 3rd party character to be in this would have to be Travis touchdown. :)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Awwe it still has flash memory.Well i hope they can work a round that i mean it would be a shame for them not to have dlc,xbox ps3 all have it..It's time that nintendo move's up a bit lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@post #3429: Compared to my roster, that one sure is unrealistic. Seriously, there's too many 3rd parties in there. The appropriate 3rd party roster limit is four.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
WiiU will be more powerful than the current generation, but less powerful than any "720" or PS4 that might come along. It's a open question of by how much, since eventually economics or the uncanny valley will cause console development to stagnate.

However, "power" isn't what determines DLC so much as other things, like memory.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
It's a open question of by how much, since eventually economics or the uncanny valley will cause console development to stagnate.
Uh right, it might stagnate but it's not gonna be due to uncanny valley. In fact uncanny valley is terribly overused term for a phenomenon which can hardly even occur in games.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
50% more powerful does sound impressive, but I'm wondering: How much more powerful is the 360 compared to the XBox, and the PS3 to the PS2? If its double or more, then...

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Don't trust numbers like 50% more powerful, it's not that simple. If you really want to know how much more powerful it is you'll have to do some homework.

In any case as far as I've understood it WiiU will be slightly more powerful than the PS3.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Don't trust numbers like 50% more powerful, it's not that simple. If you really want to know how much more powerful it is you'll have to do some homework.

In any case as far as I've understood it WiiU will be slightly more powerful than the PS3.
Don't trust words that give vague meanings.

As if various professional game developers who have actually worked with the system haven't done their homework.
This and have you done your homework to come to your conclusion?

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
As if various professional game developers who have actually worked with the system haven't done their homework.
As if though above mentioned game developers aren't also aware of the fact that normal people wont understand what they are saying if they put i in their own terms. As if though gaming companies as a whole aren't also aware of this and will therefore rather use inexact and often missguiding expressions such as ''random% more powerful'' because it gets the job done on a commercial level.

As if though this isn't very simple and easy to understand and shouldn't need to be elaborated on... oh wait.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Well, if the Wii U is only "slightly" more powerful than a PS3, it could cause some problems later down the road, as some have already stated, whatever "720" or "PS4" system's released down the road, their power and technology would drawf the Wii U's, and we may end up with the same problem as we did with the Wii; developers releasing PS4 and 720 games and not releasing them for the Wii U due to the Wii U not being powerful enough to handle it. Of course, this goes without saying, as it has little to nothing to do with Smash Bros.. Pessimism aside, it'd be nice to see a Smash Bros. game with PS3.5 1080p HD graphics. I mean, as inferior as the Wii was, Brawl did look rather impressive in the visual department.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
As if though above mentioned game developers aren't also aware of the fact that normal people wont understand what they are saying if they put i in their own terms. As if though gaming companies as a whole aren't also aware of this and will therefore rather use inexact and often missguiding expressions such as ''random% more powerful'' because it gets the job done on a commercial level.

As if though this isn't very simple and easy to understand and shouldn't need to be elaborated on... oh wait.
Oh so you are saying you know the exact scale to measure it to make the number that is put out isn't random?

I ask again have you done your homework to get to your conclusion.

As if I didn't ask my last question before...oh wait.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Dark Paladin X, absence of Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers on your roster disturbs me.

EDIT: And Captain Falcon too. Yet Goroh is there. What the hell.
Damnit, I forgot Captain Falcon! D'oh!

Okay, which one of the characters in my roster I should ditch in exchange for Captain Falcon?

Thino

Smash Master
50% more powerful or whatever real number it is , you guys know there still a risk that we get SSB4 in 720p or EVEN 480p , or no DLC , or some other stuff that can be obviously done with Wii U specs , but that we will ne get for some bull**** reasons.

Reminds me a little bit of Brawl online with no EXP , no ranking while MKW had them.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
50% more powerful or whatever real number it is , you guys know there still a risk that we get SSB4 in 720p or EVEN 480p , or no DLC , or some other stuff that can be obviously done with Wii U specs , but that we will ne get for some bull**** reasons.

Reminds me a little bit of Brawl online with no EXP , no ranking while MKW had them.
Of course but he can't just come in and state facts like he knows he is right and this is wrong.

It's his unsupported word vs. game developers' supported word.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
The WiiU runs natively at 1080p. it can run 720p and 480p but i doubt nintendo would do that to it's own games.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
And two more, to put the other two you missed onto the roster. <_<
Since Dead Rising wasn't released in any Nintendo console, I'll ditch Frank West. I also ditched Arthur for Mr. Game and Watch. I'm not going to include Ice Climbers, since the "two in one" property makes them a bit of a breaker. Though being said, Ice Climbers chain grab ability is balanced with crappy recovery if one of the is KO'ed.

Returning Nintendo:
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Wario
  6. Yoshi
  7. Link
  8. Ganondorf
  9. Zelda (Shiek)
  10. Donkey Kong
  11. Diddy Kong
  12. Kirby
  13. King Dedede
  14. Meta Knight
  15. Fox
  16. Falco
  17. Wolf
  18. Pikachu
  19. Jigglypuff
  20. Ness
  21. Marth
  22. Pit
  23. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  24. Captain Falcon
  25. Mr. Game and Watch

Returning third party:
  • Sonic
  • Snake

New Nintendo characters:
  1. Little Mac
  2. Issac
  3. Zoroark
  4. Saki Amamiya
  5. Krystal
  6. Samurai Goroh
  7. King K. Rool

New third party:
  1. Megaman
  2. Zero (Megaman)
  3. Marona (Phantom Brave)
  4. Ash (Phantom Brave)
  5. Etna (Disgaea)
  6. Flonne (Disgaea)
  7. Laharl (Disgaea)
  8. Asagi (cameo in most of Nippon Ichi's games)
  9. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  10. Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
  11. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  12. M. Bison (Street Fighter)
  13. Amataerasu (Ookami)
  14. Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)
  15. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  16. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
  17. Squall (Final Fantasy)
  18. Viewtful Joe
  19. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  20. Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  21. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
  22. Tails (Sonic)
  23. Knuckles (Sonic)
  24. Nathan Spencer (Bionic Commando)
  25. Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
  26. Crono (Chrono Trigger)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
-24 points for every guest character that exceeds my personal limit of 4 guests.
-2 for no ice climbers (get it? minus 2?)

Thino

Smash Master
Of course but he can't just come in and state facts like he knows he is right and this is wrong.

I think his point was that they made it up for marketing purposes , but of course this is all assuming , neither of us really know.

all we can do is look at both PS3 and WiiU specs and get an opinion for ourselves if the WiiU is truly "50%" better or not.

The WiiU runs natively at 1080p. it can run 720p and 480p but i doubt nintendo would do that to it's own games.
This is exactly what I'm scared about , Nintendo not making games using the console power to its maximum

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I thought so because my TV runs on 1080 and the graphics look amazing at E3, but just to be sure can provide a link that confirms this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kpTvm6CYA

-24 points for every guest character that exceeds my personal limit of 4 guests.
-2 for no ice climbers (get it? minus 2?)
I like my link better than your post :awesome:

Impmacaque

Smash Journeyman
There's a pretty ridiculous amount of misinformation in this thread. We do not know much at all about WiiU's specs at this moment, and they are still subject to change before the official release next year. Here is a list of literally everything we know about the WiiU (I've taken this from another forum) with sources:

Confirmed
-25GB optical discs
-USB/SD storage expansion (4 USB ports)
-Fully backwards compatible with the Wii (Games, Wii Remotes, Wii Balance Boards, etc.)
-Not backwards compatible with the GC
-No Blu-Ray
-Internal storage (No hard drive)
-Saving data to SD Cards (SDHC compatible
-45-nanometer 3 core IBM processor (embedded DRAM and Silicon insulator)
-Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i resolutions
-No DVD playback
-Controller not sold separately
-Wii U will only support the controller that comes with it
-6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen controller
-Rechargeable controller
-HDMI and AV Multi out ports
-Custom AMD Radeon™ HD GPU
-Controller has a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Unconfirmed
-GPU will be similar to AMD's R700 Series and have 1GB of video memory
-8GB of internal storage

Sources
http://kotaku.com/5809701/wii-u-discs-will-be-25gb-in-size
http://www.nintendobuzz.com/wii-u-details-25-gb-discs-no-gamecube-compatibility/
http://kotaku.com/5797890/nintendos-next-console-will-enter-the-hd-era-but-not-the-hard+drive-era
http://techland.time.com/2011/06/09/wii-u-specs-disclosed-including-25gb-optical-discs/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-puts-watsons-brains-in-nintendo-wii-u/
http://www.beongames.com/features-of-nintendo-wii-u/
http://www.gamepur.com/news/4082-wii-u-technical-specification-revealed.html
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26618
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...ole-gaming-entertainment-nyse-amd-1523972.htm
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0050SVHZO/httpwwwpuncco-20

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Word up! That's a lot better than one, I wonder if they if will get more to work. I want more than one tablet for other games.

Playing tablets for smash....LOL no. I'll walk into tourney just so everyone could get robbed of their tablets.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace

Dude, you can't measure how much more powerful a console is than another by percentage because there are many different factors to measure, one console may excell at one feature which the other is lacking and vice versa. You don't need technical insight to realize this.

50% more powerful is obviously a commercial message aimed to give customers a rough understanding of the new console not a number exactly depicting it's power relative to it's predecesor.

And seriously, this is simple as hell. Also I never stated any fact, I just said that 50% isn't one and I explained why. I gave my own vague statement about the wiiU probably being slightly more powerful than the ps3 because that statement, although vague, is still much more accurate (maybe accurate is not the right word, more like much more describing, because the other doesn't really say anything) than the one saying ''50% more powerful than the wii'' from the developers (as if though it came straight from the developers and didn't pass through the commercial department, sigh).

Now please stop trolling or we it is you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom