• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Some big guy at activision has been talking about how the WiiU is perfect for hardcore gaming and how he believes it will be used in that way. He also goes on to talk about what it's capable of and said something along the lines of: Anyone going up against Nintendo(the WiiU) is doing so at their own paril.

Here's my source. This guy is really awesome, you will like him.
I'm calling bull****

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I predict that by the time a new Zelda game comes out after Skyward Sword, people will be all "Ghirahim who?" and supporting whoever is the villain or the sidekick in that future Zelda game. People are already forgetting all about Midna now.
Well who else do you expect to be the hypothetical Loz rep. (Let's just say that it's confirmed they are getting a fifth slot hypothetically)

You ruled out Tetra, Vaati, and Ghirman. If you say Tingle than don't bother because him, Krystal and about 40 other characters are hated in X place. So "THEY"LL LIEK NEVER GET IN!" According to everyone 'round here. (Because you know Sakurai cares enough about NA/EU fans that he lets us take the character poll, oh wait . . .)

I'm calling bull****
Explain what that even means, and why you say so.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
aka some of the best final smash material ever

What's the problem?
What is the problem? She is NOT relevant to the Wario series anymore. She is just about as important as Daisy is to the Mario series, only worse... because at least Daisy still shows up in the spin-offs while Captain Syrup is forgotten once more. How long will it be before we see her again? Another 10 years?

Technically, Skull kid was a 3 time villain. OoT, MM, and TP all face off against the same skull kid
You know what I mean. :p

OOT - a fetch quest character
MM - the so-called main villain (Majora is the real villain)
TP - a minor NPC who trolls Link with these weird puppets in the woods

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nobody learned a lesson.

Skull Kid was an one-time villain in Majora's Mask. He isn't playable in Melee nor Brawl.
Zant was an one-time villain in Twilight Princess. He isn't playable in Brawl.
Midna was an one-time ally in Twilight Princess. She isn't playable in Brawl.
Tetra was a two-time ally in The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. She isn't playable in Brawl... and Sakurai considered Toon Sheik instead of Tetra for crying out loud!
Vaati used to be a recurring villain in the Four Swords series and The Minish Cap but he is not relevant to the Zelda series now.

What makes Ghirahim any more special than any of these characters I just listed? Oh, that's right... he is more new than any of them... that's why he is more special. :rolleyes:

I predict that by the time a new Zelda game comes out after Skyward Sword, people will be all "Ghirahim who?" and supporting whoever is the villain or the sidekick in that future Zelda game. People are already forgetting all about Midna now.
And yet Ghirahim is increasingly looking like an extremely prominent villain for the franchise's lore. Time will tell.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And yet Ghirahim is increasingly looking like an extremely prominent villain for the franchise's lore. Time will tell.
Didn't people already say something similar about Zant and Midna when they were first revealed to us? :awesome:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ghirahim seems pretty cool from what I've seen...

And is it just me, or is anyone else getting a really strong Vaati-esque vibe from him? o.o

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ghirahim seems pretty cool from what I've seen...

And is it just me, or is anyone else getting a really strong Vaati-esque vibe from him? o.o
No, I'm getting a very strong Gilded Sword vibe from him ;)

I bet you he ends up having SOMETHING to do with this sword, I mean look at it!

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Master Belch is just one of the many bosses in Earthbound. Other than the fact that you fight him twice, what does he have to offer over someone like Diamond Dog? If anything, Pokey would probably be the best considering he's a villain in both Earthbound and Mother 3 (although Giygas is the main villain in Earthbound). Mother doesn't need any more representatives anyway.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Master Belch is just one of the many bosses in Earthbound. Other than the fact that you fight him twice, what does he have to offer over someone like Diamond Dog? If anything, Pokey would probably be the best considering he's a villain in both Earthbound and Mother 3 (although Giygas is the main villain in Earthbound). Mother doesn't need any more representatives anyway.
lol nothing, master belch just my favorite boss. :D Antagonist for pikmin? uhmm... not found

•Col•

Smash Champion
No, I'm getting a very strong Gilded Sword vibe from him ;)

I bet you he ends up having SOMETHING to do with this sword, I mean look at it!
But.... How does that make sense? D:

Isn't the Gilded Sword just a regular sword forged with gold....? <.< It didn't even exist until it was created in Majora's Mask...

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Superman in the game, possibly as DLC.

It would be very interesting to see Superman go up against Mario and such.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Isn't the Gilded Sword just a regular sword forged with gold....? <.< It didn't even exist until it was created in Majora's Mask...
The Gilded Sword has a very mundane history. All we know about it is that it's an upgraded Razor Sword with gold.

However, the design is impeccable. Ghirahim looks as much like the Gilded Sword as Phi looks like the Master Sword. Also, Ghirahim has a red prism on his belt-sash identical to Phi's chest-incrested blue prism. That should be indicative of their relationship. Let's set up some parallels:

Master Sword = Gilded Sword
Biggoron's Sword = Fierce Deity's Sword
Phi = Ghirahim

D

Deleted member

@shortiecanbrawl: I understand that requirements clearly. I was not asking why the rule exist, I was questioning OmegaXVII why he said that originating from video game did not matter under certain circumstances.

@Arcadenik: I'm curious, why do you think that we're going to see three Kid Icarus rep if we get any at all? I also don't understand the relation between Palutena and Peach. Peach is a princess, Palutena is an all-powerful goddess. You should also explain why we can't have one without the other as a playable character.
Thino said:
Is it a requirement set by Sakurai that characters must originate from videogames? if yes , any sources?
Yes it is. People have already said it many times and Sakurai did say it himself.]
Arcadenik said:
And the only reason more people are supporting Medusa than Palutena is because Medusa is a twofer token minority (female AND villain). This is the same reason why some people support Captain Syrup despite her not being THE villain of the Wario Land series.
I'm also supporting Medusa for these reasons:

- For being a prominent Kid Icarus character.
- Unlike Palutena, she is not Pit's Final Smash. There's a chance that they'll change Pit's move set to make Palutena playable, but I can't really see that happening.

So I'll make a deal with you. If one of {Palutena, Toad} gets in SSB4, I will never again use the move set argument again.. You don't have to give up anything if you end up being wrong, thought.
Arcadenik said:
So? Roy is not in Smash Bros. anymore. Forget him.
I will agree with this, thought. Even thought I preferred Roy over Marth in Melee, he was clearly a clone and as such, should be forgotten.
PsychoIncarnate said:
I don't see a point in 3DS exclusives. Maybe the 3DS isn't powerful enough to have all the characters, but the Wii-U is powerful enough to have them. If they Wii-U version CAN have the characters, it should
I would prefer for the 3DS version to be a slim down roster with the Wii-U version having all the characters in. Therefore, at least we stand a good chance of having a solid roster. Keeping the 3DS and Wii-U's roster the same would be stupid not only critically, but financially.

I would also be okay with the character rosters having lots of exclusives on both platforms while still having 25-35 3DS characters and 44 or more Wii-U characters with potentially the combined total going over 50 character (Not including transformations) AND being able to transfer characters to the Wii-U version.
PsychoIncarnate said:
Oh no, return of the Ashley fans
I'd be quited disappointed if she was playable. There's no need for a second WarioWare character in the game, even if I think Kat & Ana has move set potentials.
WhatIsRaizen said:
Does anyone support a Diddy + Dixie combo much like ice climbers?
I would love to see that. While not very probable, it would be really cool and if Dixie is involved as a playable character and if King K. Rool is in the game, I think Dixie will tag up with Diddy Kong. We'll have to see on this.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I don't know, but the resemblance is uncanny. The clothes, the red cape and even the white knob the same color as his hair. He just looks like an upside down Gilded sword. Maybe he was just inspired by it. But seriously, they look identicle.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Just some thoughts.

Balance and system: I think they should go with whatever approach Brawl+/-/M(playing those are just SATISFYING y'know?) was using and make patches as often as possible.

Characters: LESS CLONES PLEASE!!!!! More 3rd parties! I wanna see at least 5-6 different companies involved (personal picks are Sonic, Mega Man, Bomberman and Rayman, it's not my fault my childhood was so full of men!) More alternate outfits, maybe the possibility to make a certain one the default one (I HATE WarioWare Wario as the main costume).

Stages and Music: There is honestly NO excuse not to include every stage from every game with all the music and there is NO excuse not to give each character (or at least each series) his/her own stage. I hate the scrolling stages but you know we're gonna get them anyhow.
The ability to turn gimmicks off would be nice, the ability to switch which tracks go where would be AMAZING and MAYBE custom music integration??? EDIT: Individual character victory themes would also be cool.

Online: Good netcode, lots of options, this one's a no brainer.

Overall Feel: They really go too far with this, was Mario ever meant to be so angry? I say we go back to the tone from the N64 days, it was kinda spooky on the menu but when you got into the game everything was friendly enough, well it was weird but I liked it (especially the character art)

I think the team should seriously look at this as a tournament game, Melee has proven that just because the game is technical the casuals can enjoy it too, I personally had NO FRIGGIN' CLUE you could play Melee that seriously but all it took was a few tutorial videos and my friends and I almost never played the 4 player everything on matches we once did, I'm not saying it's for everyone I'm just saying "Give me the option".

I don't want gimmicks, I don't want custom overpowered characters I don't want the WiiU controller being used for something other then a secondary monitor, maybe it could have a stand and be used to forewarn you of a stage hazard or something but nothing that would be broken/gimmicky.

Single player: Can we PLEASE have "Board the Platforms" and "Race to the Finish"? And what they did in Brawl was LAZY everyone should have had their own "Break the Targets" stage. As for the SSE, it's a good idea it works but for whoever talks could they.... TALK!? I've never seen Fox be so silent before!

Congrats if you made it here! And I said I had a FEW thoughts!

PF9

Smash Lord
Just some thoughts.

Balance and system: I think they should go with whatever approach Brawl+/-/M(playing those are just SATISFYING y'know?) was using and make patches as often as possible.

Characters: LESS CLONES PLEASE!!!!! More 3rd parties! I wanna see at least 5-6 different companies involved (personal picks are Sonic, Mega Man, Bomberman and Rayman, it's not my fault my childhood was so full of men!) More alternate outfits, maybe the possibility to make a certain one the default one (I HATE WarioWare Wario as the main costume).

Stages and Music: There is honestly NO excuse not to include every stage from every game with all the music and there is NO excuse not to give each character (or at least each series) his/her own stage. I hate the scrolling stages but you know we're gonna get them anyhow.
The ability to turn gimmicks off would be nice, the ability to switch which tracks go where would be AMAZING and MAYBE custom music integration??? EDIT: Individual character victory themes would also be cool.

Online: Good netcode, lots of options, this one's a no brainer.

Overall Feel: They really go too far with this, was Mario ever meant to be so angry? I say we go back to the tone from the N64 days, it was kinda spooky on the menu but when you got into the game everything was friendly enough, well it was weird but I liked it (especially the character art)

I think the team should seriously look at this as a tournament game, Melee has proven that just because the game is technical the casuals can enjoy it too, I personally had NO FRIGGIN' CLUE you could play Melee that seriously but all it took was a few tutorial videos and my friends and I almost never played the 4 player everything on matches we once did, I'm not saying it's for everyone I'm just saying "Give me the option".

I don't want gimmicks, I don't want custom overpowered characters I don't want the WiiU controller being used for something other then a secondary monitor, maybe it could have a stand and be used to forewarn you of a stage hazard or something but nothing that would be broken/gimmicky.

Single player: Can we PLEASE have "Board the Platforms" and "Race to the Finish"? And what they did in Brawl was LAZY everyone should have had their own "Break the Targets" stage. As for the SSE, it's a good idea it works but for whoever talks could they.... TALK!? I've never seen Fox be so silent before!

Congrats if you made it here! And I said I had a FEW thoughts!
as far as stages go, we might eventually get all the past stages through DLC

all the veteran characters need to come back, even clones and third parties - even if some can only come back through DLC

Superman would make a great third party addition, he's a popular character, but has yet to get a decent video game appearance - this could be it.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Wrong, the motion sensor, called the Proximity Mine in Japan, originated from Perfect Dark/ Goldeneye 007

In Japan, the beam sword uses the sounds from Star Wars
There are differences between the beam sword and light saber though. Then again it doesn't matter though, they're just items and also there is still a aesthetic difference between the beam sword and light saber. Not only that, I don't see the beam sword retreating into the handle like a light saber.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always hated upgrading the razor sword to the gilded sword, the razor sword looked so much better

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127

all the veteran characters need to come back, even clones and third parties - even if some can only come back through DLC

Superman would make a great third party addition, he's a popular character, but has yet to get a decent video game appearance - this could be it.
Are you serious about the Super Man thing?

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
The pokemon that return to smash should have their shiny form as an alternate color. It's not that hard to implement, and think it would have been obvious alternate coloration
Pichu, Lucario, & Charizard are the only Pokemon without Shiny forms in Smash
Shiny Costumes:
Red Pikachu
Blue Jigglypuff
Green Mewtwo
Green Squirtle
Green Ivysaur

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see another rep for Kid Icarus. The most likely representatives would either be Palitena or Medusa. Considering the severe lack of female characters, I would think Sakurai will try and balance out the male and female characters a lot better this time around.

If I had to pick who would be a more likely between Palutena and Medusa, I would have to say Palutena, due to the fact that Sakurai seems to favor the sidekicks before adding in the villains. (A post earlier pointed this out very well)

Also, the fact that she was a final smash, shows that Sakurai doesn't think that she was popular enough to be a playable character. Though with Uprising coming out, you would think Sakurai will be looking closely at popular character polls to see if either Palutena or Medusa would be the better choice.

:phone:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

I'm going to be blunt. Superman would be really stupid in Smash. Ya'll need to get more creative when it comes to third parties.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
That would never work man. Batman I can see, he's more... grounded. Superman's only weakness is kryptonite.
No, neither of them have a chance in making it in because they are comic book characters, not video game characters.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I happen to think Sakurai has the right attitude on the whole male/female thing. If there's a viable and cool/deserving/relevant/popular character they make it in REGARDLESS of sex/race.

@Refugee: That goes without saying, also you don't HAVE to live like a refugee y'know!

D

Deleted member

Enough with talking about comic book/anime/TV shows/books characters. They all stand zero chance in the game anyway.
User33 said:
Maybe I should make a Gamefaqs account and post this.
Sadly, they'll probably quickly ignore that. Tons of stupid ideas get formed on that forum every day and having to wade out the bad from the good can be a painful process.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, neither of them have a chance in making it in because they are comic book characters, not video game characters.
Don't bother. Ignorance abounds in the rush of newbies. We've all seriously said this about three times today. Just ignore it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I don't know, but the resemblance is uncanny. The clothes, the red cape and even the white knob the same color as his hair. He just looks like an upside down Gilded sword. Maybe he was just inspired by it. But seriously, they look identicle.
I'm fine if they designed him after the Gilded Sword or whatever... But if he has a connection to the actual weapon in the story, that's gonna be some big BS. ._.

Why wouldn't you? Just look at him!

I have the weirdest boner right now.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Enough with talking about comic book/anime/TV shows/books characters. They all stand zero chance in the game anyway.Sadly, they'll probably quickly ignore that. Tons of stupid ideas get formed on that forum every day and having to wade out the bad from the good can be a painful process.
Yes, very painful. On the plus side people are coming around to Slime! I even made some GIFs to prove his versatility.

Anyways, if you all could choose one stage to return from Brawl what would it be?

I'll begin with my choice. Bridge of Eldin.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
@Refugee: That goes without saying, also you don't HAVE to live like a refugee y'know!
What?

Don't bother. Ignorance abounds in the rush of newbies. We've all seriously said this about three times today. Just ignore it.
I bother not because it is easy but because it is hard. You have to pound this message into said newbies heads until they get their facts straight and become worthy members of this forum.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'm sort of ambivalent about a new F-Zero character to be honest. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow are the real contenders, as they're actually featured quite regularily in the story and games... but... I find it hard to appreciate them as character as they are really... well... boring IMO.

I'd really actually like to see Pico make it into the game if anyone.

He's one of the four standards 'Captain Falcon, Pico, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart.' These are the ones that have been around from the beginning. Pico's also the one responsible for the devastating F-Zero disaster because of his aggressive driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom