• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm still waiting for the MODs to respond. I'm giving them until Tuesday before I decide what to do next.
I'm questioning if I should get too deep into this because I have a lot on my plate this fall with grad school and working full time... It still kind of weirds me out that by the time SSB4 comes out, I might actually be a doctor. O_o;
I might also have a soul...finally! (friggen priests dressed as pigeons man!)

We need to send custom music as a demand suggestion to nintendo. Someone post this comment in that group.
I already got hostage-I mean friends ready! ;)

:phone:

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Shigeru Miyamoto vs Muhammed Ali. Osama vs Obama (and a squad of Navy Seals). Your grandma vs Clint Eastwood (no, they aren't in a retirement home fighting over the best wheelchair). Ray Lewis vs Paris Hilton (I predict... pain!) How would this not be awesome?

Total win. xD
Seriously people, just use your imagination.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^agreed, it's not hard to find textures resembling characters nowadays.

That be a great idea as far as Mii looks go.

Inb4havingBushvs.Obama

OmegaXXII

Umad, cause I'm stylin' on ya.

but nah, forreal, I'm getting that post again and you are just going to come in second place again. Why you hating?
Hey! No fair, You already had your glory, I shall have it!! :mad:

@nLim8d: Yes, that hatorade shall help me through this.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Omega: drink some hatorade itll make ya feel better.

this is 4 U

@Iblis: How do you mean?
LOL first off. Just put it in quotes.

Oh yes, victory shall be mine very soon :cool:

I should have Sakurai create a victory theme for me. :awesome:

@XIblisX: No!, Are you Mad??

I hope they do make a losing theme for you. LOL
inb4madcomment :cool: see me and my hatershades.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The convo about Wifi, we had about 10 mins ago, via profile posts. Post those here. Also i knew what you were referring to.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I know what the WTF character will be this time. :p

A deck of Nintendo cards (before they made videogames).

Heh, now I've brought fear into your hearts. >=]

D

Deleted member

I have a question, show I make new blog entries with my Rate Their Chances series or keep it in one thread? Or do you have any other suggestions? I'm worried about clogging up the User Blogs with Rate Their Chances and I'd like to not get in trouble for it.
xIblisx said:
Link me the to the blog SSBF.
OmegaXVII did, although you did notice. Glad to see that you've participated in it and I'm glad to see that you're interested in it.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I think online for Smash4 should have some sort of ranking system. The more matches you win, the higher you move up, if you lose too much you drop. That way, you don't have to sift through the darkness and fight 100 n00bs, 5 ultra rapists, and only 10 people that are on your skill level. This could birth a LOT more strong players. If Smash had an online with well thought out rankings and match ups, we could have an even better/competitive community. Well, I think anyways. Even if I'm wrong on that part, a ranking system is in order. Possibly even chat. So long as it's optional. I do believe the controllers have Microphones in them, but I'm not 100% sure.
I would love to see all of this happening. It was nice to see plenty of races with my skill level in Mario Kart Wii and I'm sure I would actually stand a chance in fighting in most matches if this happened.
Fatmanonice said:
I'm still waiting for the MODs to respond. I'm giving them until Tuesday before I decide what to do next.
I'm questioning if I should get too deep into this because I have a lot on my plate this fall with grad school and working full time... It still kind of weirds me out that by the time SSB4 comes out, I might actually be a doctor. O_o;
If you are not able to do this to the full extend you want to, try to find someone reliable to kickstart this, therefore, we will be able to reach the full extend of the effort we want to put into getting a better online system in.

OmegaXXII

I have a question, show I make new blog entries with my Rate Their Chances series or keep it in one thread? Or do you have any other suggestions? I'm worried about clogging up the User Blogs with Rate Their Chances and I'd like to not get in trouble ...
I'd reccommend you keep it in the same blog, just update the characters choices and keep a log of the characters that have already been done, it makes more sense to do it that way than to have people complaining about clogging up the User Blog room.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can kick start it, it's just that when September rolls around I wouldn't be surprized if I have virtually no time to be online. In regards to an offical thread, I'm writing it now so all I have to do is copy and paste when I get the green light for it.

OmegaXXII

Having a mic in the Wii U controller is a brilliant form of communication. You could help others note points on their game (I know a lot of people begging for critique) and chat amist a large party of friends (as smash was meant to be played). Finally, it would be seriously awesome to have the capability of recording; I am reminded how popular audio commentaries when it comes to tournament play.
I agree with this entirely, making use of a mic implemented via a Wii-U mic would definetly make taking notes much easier as you would be able to record live commentary of a match during tournament play, it's alot more convinient and would definetly be a nice feature to have.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hmm I just got an idea. It would be nice to be able to call someone via mic on smash like how Xbox has parties. To take this a step further, seeing how the Wii U Tablet has a screen, it can be used to stream things to others, rather it be tournies, other matches, someone showing how to do a certain thing, etc.

I wonder if that is possible.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
To take this a step further, seeing how the Wii U Tablet has a screen, it can be used to stream things to others, rather it be tournies, other matches, someone showing how to do a certain thing, etc.

My jaw just dropped. The idea of an active gaming community with nintendo's titles is just precious.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol thanks, I was just messing around on training mode practicing punishing landings and then the thought came to me. Whenever I'm in training mode I let my mind roam so I can think of new creative stuff to do in a match but instead that came to me.

OmegaXXII

Hmm I just got an idea. It would be nice to be able to call someone via mic on smash like how Xbox has parties. To take this a step further, seeing how the Wii U Tablet has a screen, it can be used to stream things to others, rather it be tournies, other matches, someone showing how to do a certain thing, etc.

Did you see e3?

From my knowledge when the Wii-U was presented such an ability was possibly via the Wii-U's small screen. I'll look for it.

Just LOOK

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Did you see e3?

From my knowledge when the Wii-U was presented such an ability was possibly via the Wii-U's small screen. I'll look for it.

Yeah I watched E3, but from what I saw it only streamed what was on your TV.

Note: Someone put this idea as another demand suggestion to Nintendo.

EDIT: yeah at 1:42 it streams from your TV

EDIT 2: WAIT, 3:31 show potential for what I mean but, can it stream from other people's TVs besides your's?

OmegaXXII

Yeah I watched E3, but from what I saw it only streamed what was on your TV.

Note: Someone put this idea as another demand suggestion to Nintendo.

EDIT: yeah at 1:42 it streams from your TV

EDIT 2: WAIT, 3:31 show potential for what I mean but, can it stream from other people's TVs besides your's?
I'm guessing so, it will probably have the ability to stream through it as long as the Wii-U is connected with it I guess.

..and yes I posted something about this in the discussion room.

D

Deleted member

I'd reccommend you keep it in the same blog, just update the characters choices and keep a log of the characters that have already been done, it makes more sense to do it that way than to have people complaining about clogging up the User Blog room.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will make sure to do this.
I can kick start it, it's just that when September rolls around I wouldn't be surprized if I have virtually no time to be online. In regards to an offical thread, I'm writing it now so all I have to do is copy and paste when I get the green light for it.
What I meant to say is that you would find someone else to lead it once you run out of enough time to lead the group so it can reach it's full extend.

OmegaXXII

Hey XIblisX, I bet you'll like this idea for a stage, it takes a unique approach for using the Wii-U's built in screen.

What would people think if a Rotohex stage was included?

Rotohex Stage Icon

Stage Appearance

You fight on a hexagonal shaped battlefield, which will get filled up with hexes. At times, the hexes will disappear, which will lower the battlefield altitude. However, players need to be careful not to get squished by hex pieces, or else they'll get KO'd.

A cursor will also be moving around, which will rotate the hexes in an attempt to clear them.

Occasionally you'll see some glowing hexes. If they disappear, a bunch of hexes will slide down to the abyss that got made.

Players can be sent flying out of the Rotohex boundaries, so if the Rotohex playing field is filled up with hexes, players won't get squished by the playing field boundaries.

Regarding music, this stage has its own unique music, just like Hanenbow does. Its music can't be altered with My Music.

-------------------
Bonus

The player who is using the Wii U controller can control the cursor, meaning that while the Wii Remote users are fighting, the Wii U controller user can play Rotohex and try to mess up the fighters as well.

Control Pad: Move cursor
A button: Rotate hexes clockwise
B button: Rotate hexes counterclockwise

When this stage gets selected, a popup will appear, where you can choose to make the cursor move automatically or manually.

Automatic: The CPU will control the cursor. The Wii U controller will behave like the Wii Classic Controller when this option is chosen. If there's only one human player, and the controller being used is the Wii U controller, this option is chosen automatically.

Manual: The Wii U controller user will have full control of the cursor. This option can also be chosen if all the fighters are CPU players. However, if there's only one human player, this option can't be chosen if the lone player is using the Wii U controller. If the lone player is using any other control scheme, then this option can be enabled.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know how to change the title of your blog? I want to try to change it to Rate Their Chances Day Two: XX and XX to keep it relevant instead of having to make a new blog entry.

OmegaXXII

Does anyone know how to change the title of your blog? I want to try to change it to Rate Their Chances Day Two: XX and XX to keep it relevant instead of having to make a new blog entry.
Simple, just open up your original thread and hit the edit tab, once there go down and click "go advance" tab, once you do that you should be able to completly edit your original post including the title.

Let me know how it goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom