• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well Sakurai doesn't sound opposed to including third party characters (IGN Capcom question). So that is a start.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well Sakurai doesn't sound opposed to including third party characters (IGN Capcom question). So that is a start.
But "Isn't out of the rhealm of possability" isn't too convincing to me. It sounds more like a"Yeah, I could happen". But so could SMRPG2 ;P I don't know, I'm waiting for a character to confirm 3rd parties, or him to say so in an interview. Until then, I'm staying weary.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I hope that Smash doesn't change guest characters every version. Turning like Soul Calibur with Star Wars characters is really... :urg:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But "Isn't out of the rhealm of possability" isn't too convincing to me. It sounds more like a"Yeah, I could happen". But so could SMRPG2 ;P I don't know, I'm waiting for a character to confirm 3rd parties, or him to say so in an interview. Until then, I'm staying weary.

Please, when have they EVER said "yeah sure"? Even AFTER the third party characters were included in the game he made it sound the exact same way. Besides, he can't say anything because he hasn't even begun pre-development plans. So yeah I don't expect less of an answer from him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I'm guessing he's only saying that cause he doesn't wanna go
'Yes there WILL be a character from capcom'
or
'Yes there will be 3rd parties'

He can't really say anything cause if for whatever reason it can't be done there would be some backlash about it

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That didn't answer my question.
It's not breaking bonds at all. If Sonic wasn't in SSB4 SEGA isn't going to de-friend Nintendo on FB and talk **** behind it's back. They aren't twelve year old girls.

@Star, I don't expect any news at all about the third party situation until we see a Trailer. Once that comes out, we will know the answer to our question.

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
Originally Posted by Shortiecanbrawl
Super Mario:
Mario This is almost perfect. I don't think we need three new Mario reps, thought.
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Paper Mario

DK: This is perfect.
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K Rool

Legend of Zelda: I love this. Perfect as it is.
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf/Ganon (Non Clone)
Toon Link

Kirby Series: Perfect as it is.
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Pokemon: OMFG, Pichu and Zoroark? Pichu was terrible in Melee and should stay the heck out of Smash. And Zoroark, I fail to understand why people support him. Victini and Genesect are much better choices, even if Genesect chances are low. Pichu and Zoroark needs to go and Victini should be added. Eight is way too much. I would also have no problem not having Plusle & Minun not in the game since they'd be likely lugified clones of Pikahcu anyway.
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Mewtwo
Pichu
Plusle & Minun
Zoroark

Star Fox: Perfect as it is.
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

F-Zero: Kind of unnecessary to have three reps. Black Shadow should be dropped.
Falcon
Sumurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Metroid: Perfect as it is.
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Earthbound: Perfect as it is.
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem: Four Fire Emblem reps are not needed. I'm fine with three, but I am against Roy getting in since he would be a likely lugified clone of Marth if he came back.
Marth
Ike
Roy
Lyn

Smaller Franchises: No Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, Palutena/Medusa, Ray (Custom Robo), or Starfy? This is horrible that so many new franchises are neglected
Olimar
Pit
Little mac
Isaac
R.O.B
IC's
Game and Watch

3rd Parties: Perfect as it is.
Sonic
Snake
Megaman

I would of added tails nights, ballon fighters and bomberman for third part characters, Thats just me tho. Also i think that should be Midna in the game and make her like another zelda/shiek character. She would play as midna and the if you press down-b she would turn into the twilight princess. Ballon fighters would be another dueled character like the Ice climbers. I wouldnt want to see pulse or minun since i hate Pickachu. Meowth would be cool or jesse and james and make a duel character. O yeah and add Waluigi.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
it's not breaking bonds at all. If sonic wasn't in ssb4 sega isn't going to de-friend nintendo on fb and talk **** behind it's back. They aren't twelve year old girls.
o . That was stupid of me LOL

Give 10 mins and I'll be back up to shape. I just got done MM'ing my training partner. Most mentally draining matches I ever had.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
o . That was stupid of me LOL

Give 10 mins and I'll be back up to shape. I just got done MM'ing my training partner. Most mentally draining matches I ever had.
Haha I get like that too after a long night of JD2. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But guess what?...Plusle & Minun are NEVER going to replace Pichu, NEVER.

:phone:
You're a Pichu fan? I was too when I was a kid. I just hate her freaking range. You need to be practically kissing your opponent to hit them.

Just Dance 2. It's a joke, get ittttt? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You're a Pichu fan? I was too when I was a kid. I just hate her freaking range. You need to be practically kissing your opponent to hit them.

Yes, I used to be madly in love with his cute appearance, but in Melee Sakurai killed him as a lovable character, also I thought Marill was named as Bluchu back then.

@nLim8d: that pic was funny :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I liked pichu, but nothing was ever able to beat my love for charizard, which is why i hope he's still in there in SSB4.

Btw do you think they'll make it so jigg's shield kills her if it breaks in SSB4?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Chef?

Yes, I used to be madly in love with his cute appearance, but in Melee Sakurai killed him as a lovable character, also I thought Marill was named as Bluchu back then.

@nLim8d: that pic was funny :awesome:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, forreal though Pichu was mad booty. Pichu was bad and you should feel bad thinking otherwise.

OmegaXXII

I liked pichu, but nothing was ever able to beat my love for charizard, which is why i hope he's still in there in SSB4.

Btw do you think they'll make it so jigg's shield kills her if it breaks in SSB4?
I hope so, IMO Jiggs isn't even cute anymore, she definetly lost any love I had for it a long time ago.

Aside from Mewtwo, Yea... Charizard da best in general. :cool:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I still love Jigglypuff, but that may just be because i'm a sucker for gen 1. I just feel that she was a bit of a ridiculous character, or rather her moves are ridiculous in the SSB games. But seriously, in one of my pokemon red games Wigglytuff was my main pokemon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love Jigglypuff, because she's one of my favorite Pokemon. Jiggly isn't going. I don't know what it is with this new anti-jiggs movement, but I'm not a fan, and I'm on to ya!

D

Deleted member

Rate Their Chances: Day Five has started (If anyone is starting to have a problem with me saying this every day, I can stop).
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I love Jigglypuff, because she's one of my favorite Pokemon. Jiggly isn't going. I don't know what it is with this new anti-jiggs movement, but I'm not a fan, and I'm on to ya!
I have to agree. I am of the opinion that the original twelve have all earned their spot and should stay for the rest of the series. I also think that all Melee characters in Brawl should stay. If they have to cut, it should be only Brawl characters you have to unlock (And personally, I would also be fine with Lucas going, but as I am against cuts, I'm neutral on him, I just hope he gets more unique). Considering that you're looking at Sonic, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf, that's not really that much to take off. Out of those, the only one I can see with a considerable chance of going are Lucario and Toon Link.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm not saying i'm against Jiggs, what are you ppl on!?

If anything, i'm pro-jiggs! I'm only saying that she had some pretty rediculous moves in SSB. Think about it: Her Uspec. doesn't make her go any higher(when kirby's does), her Uspec. only puts ppl to sleep for like a split second, and she can be attacked at any time during this period. If her rest doesn't get the enemy, she sleeps for 5 seconds or so. Add to this that when her shield is depleted she dies. From all this, don't you agree that it's a little ridiculous? She's awesome, but her moves on SSB have been kinda strange...

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree. I am of the opinion that the original twelve have all earned their spot and should stay for the rest of the series. I also think that all Melee characters in Brawl should stay. If they have to cut, it should be only Brawl characters you have to unlock (And personally, I would also be fine with Lucas going, but as I am against cuts, I'm neutral on him, I just hope he gets more unique). Considering that you're looking at Sonic, Snake, Lucario, Toon Link, and Wolf, that's not really that much to take off. Out of those, the only one I can see with a considerable chance of going are Lucario and Toon Link.

I second that. The original 12 have been in this series from the start; cutting any of them from the next installments would be ludicrous.

But you know something? I think they should bring everyone back for these next go-rounds, including the ones from Melee that didn't make it to Brawl.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, i remember in the events mode how one of the battles were the originals, and it said how they'd been in every smash game to date, so i have a feeling they'll all stay for SSB4.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think if Mewtwo shows up he'll be DLC (along with possibly Lucario). Just my 2 cents.

OmegaXXII

But you know something? I think they should bring everyone back for these next go-rounds, including the ones from Melee that didn't make it to Brawl.
IMO it would be really dumb if Sakurai were to bring back someone as Dr.Mario or Pichu, they are nothing but clones with no moveset potential whatsover, at least Roy could have his moves modified and Mewtwo was unique, but I still find it hard to believe that Sakurai would want any of them back, sadly that was Melee, this is SSB4, there time has cone and gone. xcept Mewtwo lol..

Probably a mind blank but what do you mean by DLC?
It stands for "Downloadable Content"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom