• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Up b flap flap flap flap flapnflap
Side b om nom nom nom nom
Down b trolololol
B pewpewpewpewpew

There you are. Amg I'm sorry guys this topic just seems so derailed to me. It almost feels like this is better suited to MYM than here. I think we could use a subforum about now. And some more info on ssb4.

:phone:

There's a difference. MYMs are more creative than a normal SSB moveset. I know the concept is the same. Make a moveset then present it. It's just that there's nothing to do. What made the pages of the thread increase are character debeates but we do not want to come back to that.

Moving to gameplay discussion:

How about shield pushing? Hold the shield button then flick the right analog at any direction. This decreases the current shield size but it will push an enemy if they're attacking your shield or they're near it. It can't reflect projectiles

Kantrip

Kantplay
Eh I suppose. I guess we just need more unique discussions.

The shield pushing is a neat idea, but it doesn't seem like it would be practical to use in a battle. Also, shields are powerful enough, if anything we should add more to counter them rather than giving them more tools. I think falcon punch should act like a shield breaker. Donkey kong's fully charged punch as well.

He's too overweight.

When he rides his standard kart, it's gonna break then his speed is like 0.5/10. Lol.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He's too overweight.

When he rides his standard kart, it's gonna break then his speed is like 0.5/10. Lol.
His speed would probably go into the negatives as he flew backwards, as he would know that is the fastest way to catch up to those who have wronged him.

ANYWAY, I dunno, did I say anything at all in that bloated earlier post of mine worth discussion. More arcade-like single-player mode for 3DS while WiiU has the story mode???

Actually, you did fine in discussing and defending your opinion. This is the first time where in you actually needed to force yourself to type a long post

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That's.... not fair. That's really not fair. I spent like an hour and a half working on that post. And then, computer crashes, just like that. I had lots of tips and lots of links but no... I hate my computer.

Anyway, as much in a dark mood as i am, I've been thinking: What if there was a star-fox stage that took place on an old level, with characters jumping from arwing to arwing, and maybe even ground parts as well?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah I feel asleep after I posted the vid LOL but umm it's regular brawl they just have (T)ool (A)ssisted (P)lay so you everything you is frame perfect. That's how come the were flying everywhere and going crazy places is because their DI was frame perfect.

SteliKingOfSpeed

Smash Cadet
That's.... not fair. That's really not fair. I spent like an hour and a half working on that post. And then, computer crashes, just like that. I had lots of tips and lots of links but no... I hate my computer.

Anyway, as much in a dark mood as i am, I've been thinking: What if there was a star-fox stage that took place on an old level, with characters jumping from arwing to arwing, and maybe even ground parts as well?
I quite like that idea!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So my idea wasnt bad?

@Iblis and Omega
Sorry guys,i waz waiting for your post counts to go above 9000 so I could make a Dbz reference,but I already wasted it on some guy on his profile message board. *le goes to find link*
hey, don't sweat it, I say you're better off doing it, you are getting better by the day, keep it up. :)

OmegaXXII

Lol.. We'll you have been pretty active on this thread lately, heck almost as active as me. :awesome:

but that Falcon video was the ****!!!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The following are statements relating to that link...

Zoroark: The best generation 5 candidate, considering that it was one of the very first generation 5s revealed to the public.

Starfy: He appears to have potential, especially when you take into account his adventures.

Mii: They've become quite common in many Wii titles, but they're not Smash Bros. material.

Vaati: Nope. He had his fame in The Minish Cap, but that's about it.

King Hippo: At best, an Assist Trophy.

Birdo: There are better representatives for the Super Mario series; Bowser Jr..

Advance Wars: At best, Advance Wars will probably stay as Assist Trophies.

Yarn Kirby: Like with Vaati, Yarn Kirby is mostly a one time only character.

Paper Mario: He would probably be placed in his own series category. Though Paper Mario seems redundant, since Mario is already in the roster.

Midna and Wolf Link: Sorry, but your fate is like Vaati and Yarn Kirby.

Mega Man: I'm neutral with him.

Knuckles: Tails first.

Kazuya Mishima: I'm not familiar with that guy.

A Dragon Quest Hero with Slime: Don't know about the Dragon Quest hero, but Slime would bring an added twist to the fray.

OmegaXXII

@Mario_&_Sonic_guy: What do you believe of the Mii's? But let's face it, the Mii's have been Nintendo's biggest thing this past generation, I doubt they'll be ignoring the concept for a game as big as Smash, plus think about it, how cool would it be if you could customize it's abilities and maybe it in game appearance, I don't think it's a bad idea at all, heck; I was surprised they didn't even make in Brawl, but this tine around people are more familiar with them than they were during Wii's launch.

Finally someone who agrees with me about Paper Mario having his own series.

I forgot to get into details about GameRadar's wishlist:

Zoroark: Fine

Mii: Good but no need for the balance board

Starfy: Fine

King Hippo: Little Mac is a better punch out rep than him

Birdo: What the... Mario or Yoshi series, she's not worth it. There are better candidates like Toad.

Advanced Wars: Most likely gonna stay as an AT

Yarn Kirby: Unimportant to the series

Paper Mario: He should have his own series

Midna and Wolf Link: No

Mega man: Likely *Shield up*

Knuckles: No likely 2nd Sonic rep

Kazuya: Tekken in Smash!? Never happening as of now.

Dragon Quest hero w/ Slime: Okay I guess but it seems like Slime alone would be more likely

Vaati: No

@Omega: Miis have a good chance. It seems like it. The whole customize character option might revolve around them

OmegaXXII

I don't know why Kazuya Mishima was even suggested, I am familar with the Tekken series, and trust me if Namco wanted a rep so bad I can say Pac-Man would be considered before him, unless the creators begged like Kojima did.

I also agree with Paper Mario having his own series, it doesn't hurt to change his icon, it's a simple procedure that takes little to no effort in comparison to creating a character or stage.

Paper Mario had a good amount of trophies and stickers in SSBB.

Another reason why he should have his own series

OmegaXXII

Not to mention that he is also growing in popularity, he even has an upcoming 3DS game which by my standards is huge, his chances are definetly up there with Toad's.

Also IDK why people keep suggesting that he's going to be either a Mario clone or Game & Watch? If anything he'll probably one of the mist unique styles around, after all he is 2D and has alot of his own moves already, no need to borrow from Mario.

He can't be a clone. His arms and legs are too stubby.

If he was a clone he'd probably be last tier.

OmegaXXII

Agreed, he has different body formation, it wouldn't make sense to give him those moves seeing that they both have different physics, I think Paper Mario would probably be somewhere Mid-Tier, I dunno though. :/

Also, check out THIS theme from Street Fighter, I'm hoping if Megaman doesn't get in, then Capcom we'll at least give us Ryu.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Paper Mario had a good amount of trophies and stickers in SSBB.

Another reason why he should have his own series
Not to mention that he is also growing in popularity, he even has an upcoming 3DS game which by my standards is huge, his chances are definetly up there with Toad's.
THE Toad hasn't appeared in many mainstream titles; he's always being replaced by generic Toads, and even Toadsworth in one game. The confusion expands even more when you take into account that THE Toad's clothing setup is not even unique.

Bowser Jr., on the other hand, has had more mainstream fame.

OmegaXXII

THE Toad hasn't appeared in many mainstream titles; he's always being replaced by generic Toads, and even Toadsworth in one game. The confusion expands even more when you take into account that THE Toad's clothing setup is not even unique.

True, Bowser Jr, definetly plays a more prominent role than Toad, but you still can't rule out the possibility off Toad, he may be somewhat Generic but he definetly plays a much bigger role than just a generic Goomba, he's on a higher level than that.

I don't fully support Toad as I'd rather have Bowser Jr. instead, but it seems fan demand isn't going down and he also seems to be popular in Japan, and while his chances for inclusion aren't as high as say Paper Mario or Jr., he definetly might be considered regardless if one thinks he's generic or not.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
One weird thing with Toad is that he would (i believe) be the first character who is part of another character's moveset.

OmegaXXII

Definetly so, that's the another reason why people take Toad as a "generic" character, he could simply be upgraded to playable status if Sakurai sees him fit for Smash.

One particular character that I would love to see is Ridley since he wasxan SSE boss, I wonder if Sakurai would finally overcome his feelings towards his inclusion to be playable rather than just making cameos.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
The worst roster I've seen is...that one guy who wanted Deadpool and etc. basically had more 3rd/4th parties than Nintendo characters LOL
Where can I see that?
OmegaXVII said:
Also, that Goku fanboy is nuts, sure I love Goku as a character but he isn't originally from a video game.
I have to agree. I also find it sad that there's quiet a few requests for him. Shows that people from IGN have even more unrealistic expectations then GameFAQs and that is saying something.
Mini Mic said:
The game isn't even in pre-production yet....
Doesn't matter, the game is still coming. Either speculate with the rest of us or don't post and whine.
berserker01 said:
Yeah. Omega has the most posts in this thread. Even more than SSBF
I will say that is impressive. *Applauds Omega*
OmegaXVII said:
Also IDK why people keep suggesting that he's going to be either a Mario clone or Game & Watch? If anything he'll probably one of the mist unique styles around, after all he is 2D and has alot of his own moves already, no need to borrow from Mario.
I would absolutely love to see Paper Mario in SSB4 for this reason. He's the only variation of a character I support.
OmegaXVII said:
I'm hoping if Megaman doesn't get in, then Capcom we'll at least give us Ryu.
I'll at least agree with this. If we get Ryu instead of Mega Man, I'm hoping it's due to Nintendo rejecting Mega Man and them not betraying the fans who worked so far to get Mega Man in.

What are you talking about?

Toad is the brigade captain in Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (x2)
Toad is the playable in Super Mario Bros. 2 (x1)
Toad is one of the mushroom retainers (x1)
Toad is Peach's attendant in Super Mario Sunshine (x1)
Toad is playable in New Super Mario Bros Wii (x1)

------------------------

Bowser Jr. is one of the main antagonist in New Super Mario Bros Wii and DS (x2)
Bowser Jr. apeared in Mario Sunshine (x1)
Bowser Jr. appears in Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (x2)

Toad: 6
Bowser Jr: 5

Okay so you're telling me that Toad's clothing set up is not unique. First off, what about Yoshi? He looks like the other green yoshis.

Since when was Jr. more famous than Toad? You can't just say that out of no where. Everyone knew Toad ever since the first mario game. You can't deny that Toad is indeed more important than Jr. to the Mario series and most importantly, the history of nintendo.

All of this does not matter. Relevance and roles aren't much of a criteria in an inclusion of a character. It's either if the character is unique, popular and if Sakurai is interested in it. Don't even think of predicting which Sakurai prefers.

Sakurai's interest > Unique > Popularity

For the last time, Toad is not generic. People are saying that because he's part of a generic race and it's because of his clothes. So? You think it's cause of the clothes or personality. You got it all wrong. All toads have different personality and that includes Toad himself. About the clothes, look at Yoshi once again. Toad is actually unique. I can't understand how Bowser Jr. supporters say that Toad is generic when Jr. is simply a mini bowser. Yes, he is a mini bowser. They both have the same whiny personality with great strength, a huge shell and both of them can breathe fire. The only difference is that paintbrush Jr. uses but that's it.

Enough said. I do not want to discuss about Toad

Because I was too busy playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom :/

Frank is awesome

Now all we need to do is put all of this behind by randomly posting ideas before people see this then woosh! Toad discussion rises

Also, the moveset status of Toad is actually an advantage. This factor does not matter but it's worth knowing. If Sakurai were to make Toad, there's a model for him already. The neutral B of Peach

OmegaXXII

Lol.. Let's hurry up and post some cool concepts before this discussion gets noticed.

You play TvC online? You should play against me and Iblis.

EDIT: nope, too late

uhhhh.. okay

So what's your favorite moveset among my movesets?

Personally, asides from Toad, I like Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom