• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@JavaCroc: I saw your inclusion list, what made you change your mind about Mewtwo and Jigglypuff?

If anything I thought you supported her over Mewtwo.

But I totally agree with your statement, Mewtwo should take overf Jigglypuff's spot, even if she was part of the original 12.

:phone:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
What is it with people wanting Isaac more than Matthew? (I might be wrong however.) Matthew is the new Golden Sun lead character, and he's technically Isaac. I mean even gameplay-wise in Dark Dawn, Matthew has the same status as his father.

And yeah, I'm back. Long time no see SmashBoards.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He's the original one. Kind of like why Marth is likely in. He's the original Fire Lord.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
He's the original one. Kind of like why Marth is likely in. He's the original Fire Lord.
I feel Marth's case is different. He has no descendants, and no-one in the Fire Emblem series is a clone of him stat-wise. He can't be replaced.

Matthew on the other hand... he's his son, looks almost like him, and has the same stats. Oh, and did I mention that he can obtain the same items? I'd prefer Matthew over Isaac now, there's no big difference.

OmegaXXII

Close minded aren't we? Even with the ideas I'd like to see, I could see them not being necessary with the way Project M is looking to be. Of course, that team is looking to be way more creative than Sakurai who thought it was a good idea to come up with everything in Brawl.
I'm assuming this was directed at me?

If so, I'm not exactly against the idea, but IMO I just don't want it to end up closer to Street Fighter than what Smash already is and that is uniqueness, there's a reason why we have different communities for them.

But of course if Smash were to look like Project M, then I would have no problem with it at all, if anything it would be fun to try it out seeing that I've never played the project M version of Brawl.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Prepare to be very disappointed, Augusto. I played the game for the first time in a while and I remembered why people hate on that game. Not to say I didn't have a bad time or anything, but it was just, IDK, boring in comparison to the other fighters I've played since then, and I'm saying this when Yun in super boring to play against.
wait, what?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma
How is that close minded? I want a series to retain that of which made it unique in the first place. So far I have not seen a middle ground that retains smash's uniqueness while assimilating other games' ideas. The videos you post of project M imply you agree with the gameplay and would like to see that implemented in that same way. If that's not what you mean then show me the middle ground.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was confused as well...

Basically, I was reminded how boring it was to play Brawl. It managed to somehow be more boring than fighting Yun in AE.
Oh, and my post wasn't directed to you.
@kuma
How is that close minded? I want a series to retain that of which made it unique in the first place. So far I have not seen a middle ground that retains smash's uniqueness while assimilating other games' ideas. The videos you post of project M imply you agree with the gameplay and would like to see that implemented in that same way. If that's not what you mean then show me the middle ground.

I fail to see how the ideas I'm suggesting are on the extreme end. You want extreme? Life bars, no percentages or weights, no DI whatsoever, replace shields with with blocking. Your character only faces the opponent. Change the attack buttons into six attack buttons and make specials input based. Basically, a Street Fighter with Nintendo characters.

Trust me, I'm all about having a middle ground. The main things Smash has going for it are its mobility options, literal K.O.s, and DI. You'd have to do more than add chains and whatever I suggested to take that all away and turn it into something else.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc: I saw your inclusion list, what made you change your mind about Mewtwo and Jigglypuff?

If anything I thought you supported her over Mewtwo.

But I totally agree with your statement, Mewtwo should take overf Jigglypuff's spot, even if she was part of the original 12.

In general, I am against cutting characters. In my "between a prediction and a wishlist" personal roster (you've seen a now very outdated version of it), I retain all Brawl veterans.

But if it were a wishlist roster, and I made decisions based on who is deserving IMO, then Jigglypuff should get the boot. Again, she's lost much of her popularity and isn't very important at all to Pokemon. IMO, the only strands that Jigglypuff are hanging on are her popularity within the Smash Bros. community and her unique moveset - original twelve status doesn't necessarily cut it for me.

Meanwhile, Mewtwo is still a popular Pokemon. He is the Legendary Pokemon of the series.

So it depends on what kind of roster I'm making. For a "prediction" roster or my "between a prediction and a wishlist" roster, Jigglypuff stays and Mewtwo doesn't come back. But if I had total control and made a roster according to who I seriously believe is deserving, Jigglypuff goes and Mewtwo returns.

Anyways, my "between a prediction and a wishlist" roster is below, to show you what I'm saying (it uses the "import exclusive 3DS characters into Wii U" non-universal roster idea).

[COLLAPSE=Roster One]Note: All characters exclusive to the 3DS version can be imported into the Wii U version, provided that the player of course have a copy of both versions.

*= indicates unlockable character
[Wii U] [3DS]= indicates if a character is exclusive to one of the two systems

Mario
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi *
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Jr. * [Wii U]
  6. Toad * [3DS]
Donkey Kong
  1. Donkey Kong
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. King K. Rool * [Wii U]
Yoshi
  1. Yoshi
Wario
  1. Wario
Legend of Zelda
  1. Link
  2. Zelda/Sheik
  3. Ganondorf * [Wii U]
  4. Toon Link * [3DS]
Metroid
  1. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
  2. Ridley/Meta Ridley
Kirby
  1. Kirby
  2. King Dedede
  3. Metaknight * [Wii U]
Star Fox
  1. Fox
  2. Wolf
  3. Falco * [Wii U]
Fire Emblem
  1. Marth
  2. Ike
  3. Caeda OR Black Knight * [3DS]
Mother
  1. Ness
  2. Lucas * [3DS]
Kid Icarus
  1. Pit
  2. Medusa * [3DS]
Pokemon
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff *
  3. Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
  4. Lucario * [3DS]
  5. Victini * [Wii U]
Miscellaneous
  1. Captain Falcon
  2. Olimar
  3. Little Mac
  4. Isaac * [3DS]
  5. Starfy * [3DS]
  6. Saki * [Wii U]
  7. Ray * [Wii U]
  8. Jiro * [3DS]
Retro
  1. Ice Climbers
  2. Mr. Game & Watch
  3. R.O.B. * [Wii U]
  4. Mike Jones * [3DS]
  5. Takamaru * [Wii U]
Third-Party
  1. Snake * [Wii U]
  2. Sonic * [Wii U]
  3. Megaman
  4. Slime & Chocobo * [3DS]

Here are the numbers for this roster:
  • 27 Starting Characters
  • 25 Unlockable Characters
  • All 35 Veterans
  • 17 Newcomers
  • 11 3DS Exclusives
  • 12 Wii U Exclusives
  • 40 3DS Characters
  • 40 Wii U Characters
  • 52 Total Characters
  • 57 Total Characters (including transformations)
[/COLLAPSE]

OmegaXXII

I fail to see how the ideas I'm suggesting are on the extreme end. You want extreme? Life bars, no percentages or weights, no DI whatsoever, replace shields with with blocking. Your character only faces the opponent. Change the attack buttons into six attack buttons and make specials input based. Basically, a Street Fighter with Nintendo characters.

Trust me, I'm all about having a middle ground. The main things Smash has going for it are its mobility options, literal K.O.s, and DI. You'd have to do more than add chains and whatever I suggested to take that all away and turn it into something else.
I agree with this!!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma
I never said they were extremes, I suggested they weren't the middle. Then I said show me an example suggesting I may be visualizing it wrong(still waiting in that example) and last
That's very subjective.
You do know what that means right?(Not trying to be insulting) it's opinion based. There's no real way to measure how smash-y a game is so you can't honestly expect someone to agree, you can hope but not expect it. My first comment was expressing my opinion not me trying to say you were wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate the idea of characters on one version but not the other.

Memory isn't really an issue on either so there is no need for exclusives.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I hate the idea of characters on one version but not the other.

Memory isn't really an issue on either so there is no need for exclusives.
I am only for exclusives if the WiiU has all of the exclusives. That is the real sequel that all the real Smash fans will be playing in the way Smash was meant to be played. That's the bottom line. It's fine if you want to have a gimmicky 3DS version but if you waste a character that is exclusive to that version, hardly anyone is going to play him or her, so why the **** even waste your time in the first place? Know what I'm sayin? I'd post a roster, but it would include Professor Layton and MAYBE Geno so people would RAAAAAAAGE. Not worth it, bro.

OmegaXXII

@JavaCroc: Wow, I see alot of exclusive regarding the 3DS, do you think we would actually vet than many between both systems?

I was thinking more along the lines of having some of the more popular characters based on their respective console, an example would be a nintendo character such as Young Link who recently made his apperance on the 3DS therefore he would be an 3DE exclusive.

Also do you think every character should be tranferable between both system, meaning from the Wii-U to the 3DS?

OmegaXXII

I am only for exclusives if the WiiU has all of the exclusives. That is the real sequel that all the real Smash fans will be playing in the way Smash was meant to be played. That's the bottom line. It's fine if you want to have a gimmicky 3DS version but if you waste a character that is exclusive to that version, hardly anyone is going to play him or her, so why the **** even waste your time in the first place? Know what I'm sayin? I'd post a roster, but it would include Professor Layton and MAYBE Geno so people would RAAAAAAAGE. Not worth it, bro.

No objection here, since the Wii-U I guess will be the main (the meat) of Smash with it being traditional and all people are naturally going to be drawn to it more than the handheld version IMO.

Something weird I just thought of, wouldn't it be weird if you were Playing Smash 4 on 3DS and Smash 4 on Wii-U using the Wii-U's built in screen?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it somewhat? Of I know the 3DS is smaller and all but still.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Real talk,

the whole Kuma vs. Funk is stupid. You two won't see eye to eye because you have two different opinions. At this point you can only argue semantics. I said that before and both of you ignored it.

Kuma you will be arguing with the wall known as linearity.

Funk you will be arguing with the wall known as nonlinearity.

If you either don't get what I mean, look it up.

TL;DR - Shut up.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc: Wow, I see alot of exclusive regarding the 3DS, do you think we would actually vet than many between both systems?

I was thinking more along the lines of having some of the more popular characters based on their respective console, an example would be a nintendo character such as Young Link who recently made his apperance on the 3DS therefore he would be an 3DE exclusive.

Also do you think every character should be tranferable between both system, meaning from the Wii-U to the 3DS?

Well, my roster really is more "wishlist" than "prediction", but I did put a lot of work into deciding on each individual character, and there are some characters on there I would replace with others, but don't because they're too popular, predicted, or deserving (examples: Jigglypuff, Saki, etc.).

I treated exclusives much like you just said you would. Isaac, Starfy, and Jiro are restricted to handheld systems with their games. The Mother, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus franchises have moved more to handhelds since their origins, so I made Lucas, Caeda/Black Knight, and Medusa exclusive to the handheld. The main line of Pokemon games are on handheld systems, so Lucario is 3DS-exclusive. Toon Link's recent games have been on handheld systems. I think that Dragon Quest mostly appears on handhelds recently as well, so Slime & Chocobo were 3DS-exclusive third-party characters. I made Toad exclusive because I don't want two new Mario characters both exclusive to the Wii U. Mike Jones is just 3DS exclusive because he is.

The idea is, to make Nintendo the most money, both versions have lots of exclusives each to attract consumers to both games. So that's why the numbers of exclusives on each system is high, and almost equal at that.

I do think every character should be transferable - at least according to the idea that the Wii U version is more multiplayer-based. I don't like leaving characters on the somewhat lesser 3DS version when they have more potential on the Wii U. So all characters are transferable in my roster.

However, I don't mind the Wii U having all exclusives, either, so I could easily change my roster to suit that concept.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Real talk,

the whole Kuma vs. Funk is stupid. You two won't see eye to eye because you have two different opinions. At this point you can only argue semantics. I said that before and both of you ignored it.

Kuma you will be arguing with the wall known as linearity.

Funk you will be arguing with the wall known as nonlinearity.

If you either don't get what I mean, look it up.

TL;DR - Shut up.
I actually don't know what you mean. I'm trying to google it right now. Arguing with Funk is way, way, better than arguing with SmashChu. No sales talk.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Kinda. Yeah, Imad.

@iblis that's why I said it's subjective (3 times now).

-_-' at least I know what I mean

tbh, idgaf. You continue to argue even though you say you understand it's all semantics. Just drop it.

@Kuma- You learn after reading "The Black Swan"

Linearity is known as the status quo and change is slow and constant.

Nonlinearity is know as the "jumps" in history. For example how the three major religions became major religions and took over the way they did with little warning.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma- You learn after reading "The Black Swan"

Linearity is known as the status quo and change is slow and constant.

Nonlinearity is know as the "jumps" in history. For example how the three major religions became major religions and took over the way they did with little warning.
The only real reason why I'm so "nonlinear" was because there wasn't much of a change from Melee to Brawl in comparison to 64 to Melee. I prefer to think of it more like a growth spurt in the series.

OmegaXXII

The idea is, to make Nintendo the most money, both versions have lots of exclusives each to attract consumers to both games. So that's why the numbers of exclusives on each system is high, and almost equal at that.

I do think every character should be transferable - at least according to the idea that the Wii U version is more multiplayer-based. I don't like leaving characters on the somewhat lesser 3DS version when they have more potential on the Wii U. So all characters are transferable in my roster.

However, I don't mind the Wii U having all exclusives, either, so I could easily change my roster to suit that concept.
I definetly can say that I agree, having more exclusive or non-universal roster would not only make Nintendo more profit, but it would also please fans as well, why? Think about it, if Sakurai decides to include a character and takes their console apperance into consideration then most likely if a said character like Y.Link didn't appear on Wii-U then most likely Sakurai wouldn't consider him, but on the other hand he would stand a better chance at appearing in the 3DS version solely for that purpose.

In general I agree with non-universal roster, it just limits the fun and possibilities that one can do with characters between both games, besides if there is such a thing like "leveling up" then that would be even better and convinient to have it in amulti-player setting as well as on the go.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
EVEN THOUGH I'M LATE. Somebody mentioned Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

If I could have any Capcom character, it'd be the Red Arremer:

Infuriating.

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
Forget Megaman...I ain't even like him. Bomberman all the way!

Even though I secretly want Maxwell in over anyone else...but I just realized he's not Nintendo :(

OmegaXXII

EVEN THOUGH I'M LATE. Somebody mentioned Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

If I could have any Capcom character, it'd be the Red Arremer:

Infuriating.
Trust ME!! you havent missed anything, the site was down for like 1 hour <_>

Red Arremer? pleeease, how about Phoenix Wright or Sagat instead!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Red Arremer? pleeease, how about Phoenix Wright or Sagat instead!!
I think it's because he sort of reminds me of Ridley. Plus he has to be one of the most infuriating enemies ever. He'll hide behind walls where you can't touch him, do that infuriating little dance, shoot stuff at you, then just murder you after he's done toying with you. Seriously, if you don't have the ONE right item, you're pretty much screwed when facing him. They KNEW how terrible he was, because one of the last levels is pretty much just fighting three of them. I suppose it's worth mentioning he has his own spin-off series to draw loads of moveset potential from. I'm totally going to have to make a little support icon for him eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom