• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah pretty much every enemy in the Subspace Emissary was original. Very few classic enemies were involved.

The next Adventure Mode can be a Subspace Emissary sequel, but it would focus a lot more on classic enemies and bosses, instead of being original.
To be honest, I would enjoy such a thing, Adventure should have Nintendo universes collided along with iconic generic enemies as well, more like it was in Melee, SSE was good but was to generic as far as environments go, very uninteresting.
]

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Working on my essay, I just want to inform you that when I finish up, there are going to be a lot of choices that will be seen as controversial, especially in regards to Pokemon and third-party characters as I will dive into the more unlikely characters.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Oh, what if all characters received voice acting for dialogue in 1 player :D
Oh, but that would ruin the 20 year mute look that link has been working.
Have you ever seen Monty Python's Life of Brian? I bet it would be like that scene with the hermit.

OmegaXXII

Oh, what if all characters received voice acting for dialogue in 1 player :D
Oh, but that would ruin the 20 year mute look that link has been working.
Lol..that would be awesome, it was weird looking at great cinematics but no voice dialouge?? WTF! Was my reaction.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm fine with voice actors, just don't let Link speak and for the love of god, DON'T let Samus speak like she did in Other M.

Also should Marth finally speak english or should there be the English/Japanese option like in Melee?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm going to post this again.I can tolerate stupidity more easily then most people, but even I have my limit. The amount of derping that went on was absolutely terrible and so massively off-topic.
As for the first post. I actually don't think it is a good idea to show that many new series in one trailer.

Yes, the amount of "derping" if you will was beyond ridiculous.

Well I already did my much desired music essay, of sorts. Let me know when you are finished.

OmegaXXII

Working on my essay, I just want to inform you that when I finish up, there are going to be a lot of choices that will be seen as controversial, especially in regards to Pokemon and third-party characters as I will dive into the more unlikely characters.
When will it be completed? I'm looking forward to your thoughs on this concerning 3rd parties.

Well again it wouldn't be a full healer. If Jigglypuff uses the move at 100% damage, its damage will be reduced to 50% if it manages to wake up without flinching.
lol Rest induces a sleep state that enables her to use sleep moves like snore or sleep talk and preform random moves from her more set xD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah I agree. Sakurai mentioned that in both his AT profile and Lyn's in DOJO. I don't know the whole "Japanese Superhero" archetype. Is that like power rangers?
Power Rangers sounds about right. Captain Falcon shouts out his move names, he's very FLASHY, does silly poses... If a bunch of fireworks went off behind him while he said "Show me your moves!" that wouldn't be out of place in the least. Plus he just LOOKS like one with his skin-tight purple outfit, brass nipples, and scarf.

MAYBE GOROH ISN'T CUT OUT FOR THAT. I know Black Shadow fits the role of "corny supervillain" TOO WELL. I think I'm getting side-tracked though due to SUPER TIREDNESS.

Goroh is SORT OF associated with FIRE, right? And in F-Zero, aren't you able to do some kind of SPINNY THING to hit other racers? Maybe he should have something like that.

I'm going to post this again.I can tolerate stupidity more easily then most people, but even I have my limit. The amount of derping that went on was absolutely terrible and so massively off-topic.
I see no derping right now.
lol Rest induces a sleep state that enables her to use sleep moves like snore or sleep talk and preform random moves from her more set xD
lol Rest was lulzy in melee.

Am I right?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well again, Jigglypuff is completely vulnerable while sleeping, making it possible for opponents to prevent it from using Rest to heal itself.
I'm saying that if the game plays slow, it could be easily abused, and if it played fast, it would probably not be used hardly at all. Which would make Jigglypuff worse.

OmegaXXII

Well again, Jigglypuff is completely vulnerable while sleeping, making it possible for opponents to prevent it from using Rest to heal itself.
Yes, I agree that rest should have a similar healing effect much like in the Pokemon games, after all Jiggs is defenseless, it should beca payout of sorts.

D

Deleted member

Yes it will be part of a blog. It won't be on Project Unova since this isn't related to it, but it will be on my Live Journal blog.
berserker01 said:
I see no derping right now.
Yeah, thank god it's all over. Now the thread is fun to look at again.

D

Deleted member

So I pose a question to everyone...

Where do you think the the most unexpected candidates will be in regards to series/category?

I think the most unlikely characters can pop up in Fire Emblem, Pokemon, retro, and third-party as playable characters. This is why I am going into some unlikely characters in these four series on my blogs.

Yes, I agree that rest should have a similar healing effect much like in the Pokemon games, after all Jiggs is defenseless, it should beca payout of sorts.
Okay, okay. Give jigglypuff her melee powered rest. But the added affect is that jigglypuff recovers the damage she does to her opponent when it hits. ;)

OmegaXXII

I'm saying that if the game plays slow, it could be easily abused, and if it played fast, it would probably not be used hardly at all. Which would make Jigglypuff worse.
How so? If a player manages to avoid and distance himself I wouldn't find Rest as an issue at all if it meant regaining some health.

army man

Smash Ace

Where do you think the the most unexpected candidates will be in regards to series/category?

I think the most unlikely characters can pop up in Fire Emblem, Pokemon, retro, and third-party as playable characters. This is why I am going into some unlikely characters in these four series on my blogs.
pokemon, there is a TON of pokemon choices,

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
TEEEAAAAAMMMSSSS!!! :3

Most hardcore matches are free-for-alls though.

maybe not regain half of her health back,maybe just a quarter
If Jigglypuff uses Rest at 300% damage, its damage would only drop to 150% when used successfully, so it would still be easy pickings, due to its extremely light weight.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How so? If a player manages to avoid and distance himself I wouldn't find Rest as an issue at all if it meant regaining some health.
At level's like Yoshi's Island, how would you pull off rest? If the attack doesn't send the opponent flying it would be really hard to actually sleep without being disturbed I think.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Don't forget modern series represented by a single character. Isaac, Saki, Ray, and Starfy are thrown around a lot, but there are some others out there... Most people ignore SHULK. There's also Chibi-Robo. And Jiro. I guess. :I

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Power Rangers sounds about right. Captain Falcon shouts out his move names, he's very FLASHY, does silly poses... If a bunch of fireworks went off behind him while he said "Show me your moves!" that wouldn't be out of place in the least. Plus he just LOOKS like one with his skin-tight purple outfit, brass nipples, and scarf.

MAYBE GOROH ISN'T CUT OUT FOR THAT. I know Black Shadow fits the role of "corny supervillain" TOO WELL. I think I'm getting side-tracked though due to SUPER TIREDNESS.

Goroh is SORT OF associated with FIRE, right? And in F-Zero, aren't you able to do some kind of SPINNY THING to hit other racers? Maybe he should have something like that.
That makes sense and I think I know where to get some inspiration ideas. Goroh's vehicle is called the Fire Stingray. He could have a move called "Irwin Slayer!"

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Rest is a gambler's move after all. You try to hit it big, but you might fall flat on your face.
But you just amped the gamble up really high. The jackpot is a lot harder to get now, and honestly, I would rather be able to use a high risk move to kill the opponent, not heal myself. I mean, the risk on rest is just too high not to be harmful.

Most people ignore SHULK.
They won't by next year. Kanan, Elza, and Shulk aren't ignored by Japanese gamers either. So yay for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom