• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sup? Back on this, I am. I've decided to vote for these characters.
Victini
Genesect
Bomberman
Pac-Man
Shy-Guy
Daisy
Zoroark
Meowth
Mega Man Volnutt
Zero

D

Deleted member

Under the assumption we get ten characters, these would be my pick:
- Victini
- Mega Man
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Saki Amamiya
- Ray
- Isaac
- Little Mac
- Toad
- Lip

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
FOLLOWING UP ON SHORTIE: I think the potential Mario reps are all kind of poor choices, unfortunately. Bowser Jr., my favorite among them, has great moveset potential with his paintbrush. Totally unlike any other character. HOWEVER, not delving into the technicalities, he's just another Bowser. He doesn't HAVE to play anything like Bowser, but he COULD, and he also just looks like a smaller Bowser. And he's really not notable enough to get away with that, unfortunately. Just a poor design choice? Overall, I mean. Individuality is something to strive for. Paper Mario has the same problem, only without the moveset potential. The way I see it, for him to be the most interesting, he would have to be very unfaithfully represented. WHICH... I don't mind, because I'm more into movesets, but I'm not going to pretend like UNFAITHFUL is the WAY TO GO. Then you have Toad. He's popular and iconic. He's not a koopa, not a plumber. He would be something new. ...BUT AT THE SAME TIME HE'S THE LEAST INTERESTING CHOICE IN TERMS OF MOVESET. I honestly feel he's perfectly fine as Peach's Special move.

NOT NECESSARILY DIRECTED AT YOU, SHORTSHORTS. I guess I just wanted to say all that... for the sake of it. :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Excite Biker should be an alt. costume. :awesome:

Falcon and Mach Rider make fun of him behind his back.

...Though a red and white palette swap would be pretty awesome. Wolf has one of those. MY FAVORITE.

EDIT: BALLS, I meant to edit the above post.

D

Deleted member

So let's say that Mario does get five rep for SSB4, but it is not a newcomer. Instead, Yoshi is put in as a Mario character, a la what ToiseofChoice did. Then the Mario subseries that remain get two newcomers.

How would you approach the newcomers and who would you add to the Mario sub-series. Would you...

- Add two DK newcomers
- Add one DK newcomer and one Wario newcomer?
- Add two Wario newcomers?

And who would be these newcomers?

I would take the second option. DK gets King K. Rool and Wario gets Captain Syrup. Gives Mario fans five slots, DK a third slot, and Wario some much needed Wario Land representation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been on a third party stage kick as I don't have to worry too much about keeping my other stages in a cohesive congruency with my other entries. So once I'm finished with my tests I might squeeze another concept out tonight. Not sure which to try next? Up for some ideas.
Well while I was researching my R.O.B. stage I did see a good idea for another stage that may make Oasis happy. But I can't say I'll have it done tonight or maybe even the next few days either (I have to go to a funeral :()

Also feel free to add my new stage to your blog as well. Personally I think it's more likely then the Dragon's Altar. ;)

It would also seem we've now fallen back on games again, we really need some new ideas in here soon.

But I might as well join in :ohwell:

Mega Man
Caeda/BK
Mewtwo
Takamaru
Ridley
Saki
Little Mac (with Doc Louis PT style of course)
Issac
Palutena
Medusa

1st option: K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

Sabyr

Smash Cadet

Falcon and Mach Rider make fun of him behind his back.

...Though a red and white palette swap would be pretty awesome. Wolf has one of those. MY FAVORITE.

EDIT: BALLS, I meant to edit the above post.
Can't imagine why they'd poke fun at his punch. 's the manliest thing I've ever seen.

If Mach Rider got in, I'd def use that palette swap. Red and white color swaps are always the best!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is it... infectious? :troll:
Apperantly so, would that be a good thing though?

But to be honest, I don't think he stands much of a chance unless he either had a new game coming out or Sakurai would personally consider him again, with that said I don't think he's very likely unless one of those two situations happens.

Also, I meant to put Little Mac instead of a duplicate K.Rool. :urg:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He is a bit on the hopeless side. But I mean, after Takamaru, personally I'd put him on even ground with Lip as a "retro" contender.

Which doesn't say much. :awesome:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
Apperantly so, would that be a good thing though?

But to be honest, I don't think he stands much of a chance unless he either had a new game coming out or Sakurai would personally consider him again, with that said I don't think he's very likely unless one of those two situations happens.

Also, I meant to put Little Mac instead of a duplicate K.Rool. :urg:

Doesn't that Excitebike World Rally game on the WiiWare count as a new game?

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Dynamite Headdy
Shadow the Hedgehog
Banjo & Kazooie
Geno
Shulk
Mewtwo

I don't have another 4 characters that I would want in the next smash.

OmegaXXII

How would you approach the newcomers and who would you add to the Mario sub-series. Would you...

- Add two DK newcomers
- Add one DK newcomer and one Wario newcomer?
- Add two Wario newcomers?

And who would be these newcomers?
I definetly would go with the second option, this would better diverse and represent each sub-series better, it would also balance the amount of characters a sub-series has as well.

As for the character's themselves, they would be:

Wario Rep: Orbulon: Definetly and obscure choice, he seems like a perfect "WTF!" that would offer uniqueness and is also relevant due to WarioWare.

DK Rep: King K. Rool: There's no doubt I would want this guy in, he's an icon to the series as well as an antagonist which I support.

That being said those two would be my choices, although I would mind Dixie Kong as a DK fourth rep as well.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Shadow ever got in Smash, I would want him to have his SA2 running animation (IIRC, it changed after that game), the "Vengeance Is Mine" track from Radical Highway, the "Mr. Unsmiley" track from Sky Rail, "The Supernatural" from Final Chase, and "Supporting Me" theme from the Biolizard Boss Battle.

Oh, and Radical Highway as his home stage.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
If we got 10 characters, I would want:

K Rool
Ganon
Ridley
Black Shadow
Mewtwo
Black Knight
Little Mac
Mega Man
Bomberman
Geno

As you can see, I want more villains.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
But, anyways, for 10 newcomers I'd pick:

Mega Man
King K. Rool
Knuckles
Viewtiful Joe
Ridley
Deoxys
Meowth
Genesect
Saki
Isaac

I'm leaving out a few that I actually really want, as wel like Little Mac, Krystal, Dixie Kong, Victini, Tails, Toad/Bowser Jr./Waluigi, Paper Mario, Takamaru and Mach Rider.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmmm...10, you say?

Little Mac
Muddy Mole
Isaac
Starfy
King K. Rool
Ridley
Victini
Bowser Jr.
Mii
aaaand... Mega Man

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Omega
I really hope newcomers aren't limited to 10 but my picks would be:

Megaman
Saki (Isa costume)
Isaac (Matthew costume)
Mach Rider (Excitebike costume sounds likely)
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK
Stafy
Little Mac
Sheriff

Tried to make it limited to new series, but I would add Ridley, K.Rool, Palutena and other newcomers to existing series.

@SSBFan
Is DK still considered a Mario subseries? The only real Mario character (correct me if I'm wrong) is DK himself, unlike the Yoshi series but I guess I can't say the same for Wario.

The second option sounds good tho:

K.Rool or Dixie
Kat & Ana or Capt. Syrup

@Bulma
I don't think Shadow's "fire-skating" ever changed but if they did they made a MISTAKE...it was cool.
and you said Final Smash btw lolol wasn't it Rush? *looked it up - Chase on Shadow's side.
I loved SA2, it's a shame I don't have it anymore :(

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Goku- Yeah I meant Final Chase, but I edited my post long before you posted your reply.

Maybe I could use the Dragon Balls to make my wish of David Humphrey voicing Shadow again come true... :urg:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty much any obscure/retro character that isn't named Takamaru would get opposition from somebody...it really is a matter of preference, I guess...

OmegaXXII

@Goku- Yeah I meant Final Chase, but I edited it long before you posted your reply.

Maybe I could use the Dragon Balls to make my wish of David Humphrey to voice Shadow again come true... :urg:

If only, sadly only Sakurai has the power to grant it if he so wishes.

Shadow would be cool, I guess diffrent series of attacks would be in favor like Chaos Control and such.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Bulma
Didn't see that, but still funny that it was Final Smash haha
Not them 4Kids voice actors nope. It's like they were trying too hard in Shadow the Hedgehog with all the "damn" "dammit" "crap"
Shadow always sounds close though, unlike Tails (his Sonic Heroes voice was my favorite).
Who's the first girl in your sig btw?

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Ten newcomers?

Little Mac
Von Kaiser (unlikely, but he would be fun. King Hippo is likely as 2nd Punch-Out if we get one.)
King K. Rool
Megaman
Layton
Captain Rainbow
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Robotnik (Only Sonic rep I'd want.)
Black Shadow
Bomberman

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Kakarot, um, errrrr, Goku

The first girl in my sig is Cassandra from Soul Calibur, my soulmate (no pun intended).

"I need to get that damn fourth Chaos Emerald!"

That sounded so forced lol.

You and me are like the only 2 people who liked Tails' voice in Sonic Heroes. I liked his voice in AoSTH and the OVA, too.

@Oatmeal- Have you ever heard of the Bounce Bracelet powerup from SA2?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It's a powerup Sonic got in Pyramid Cave that enabled him to bounce back up (think of a throwing a basketball straight down and hard on the gym floor and seeing how high it bounces up). He could only use it in mid-air. Watch some PinkKittyRose vids of her getting A's on Pyramid Cave or Crazy Gadget in SA2 on YT if you want to see how it works...

It was probably my favorite powerup in the game other than the Light Shoes. I was wondering if you knew of a way to incorporate it into Sonic's moveset...

@Oasis- Is he a big fan of Cassandra too?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Bloomers *Bulma
As a typical blonde anime girl, I can't tell its her without her weapons lol
Every time you die it's like "damn". I think the gun use was enough to break tradition.
Tails' voice was PERFECT in that game IMO, more suiting than the 4Kids one.

As for the Bounce Bracelet, if falling Dairs ever returns (or just for Sonic because of his Spring) then it should replace that kick. It'd be really easy to do aerials, so it might seem broken to some people so I would think using the Homing Attack towards the ground if it can be controlled.

OmegaXXII

Oh yeah, I remember now, yeah, it definetly was cool, I would like too see more Sonic related items like The Shield or perhaps Speed Shoes, different from Bunny Ears of course.

OmegaXXII

@Omega
That's what I was hoping for, maybe even a Magnet Shield for Coin related events/battles.
Magnet Shield would definetly make coin battles more interesting, I hardly even play those cuz they seem so boring.

Also, City Escape from SA2 needs to happen, without a doubt, would be one of the perfect modern Sonic stages to see, especially since it's in Sonic Generations as well.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Swaim: Wishlists and personal hopes are a-ok in my book. It's when people go for predictions and suck at objectivity that bothers me.
Still, with your reputation on here, I'm afraid to show you mine.

BTW, enough with the anime puns. We won't get any of those guys in Smash Bros. Sakurai clearly said "no anime characters."

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of Sonic, you know what I just realized?

Roger Craig Smith will be voicing Sonic in Smash this time around.

His voice is a little too deep for my tastes, but hey, still better than Jason the first time around lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom