• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Oh yeah there is a nother smash bros clone, Cartoon Network's Punch Time Explosion. Blossom apparently is a combo machine in that game

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What do you guys think about changing up Lucario's Aura system? Instead of making it based on how much damage taken, why not make it where you can cultivate qi aura to strengthen your specials?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you guys think about changing up Lucario's Aura system? Instead of making it based on how much damage taken, why not make it where you can cultivate qi aura to strengthen your specials?
Anything could work. I'd take your idea, cause I never liked how Lucario played with low damage. Make Down B something like Reversal (a counter which gets stronger as you take damage) and he's fine.

:phone:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Well there's also FMA: Dream Carnival, Dream Mix TV World Fighters, and that one TMNT game... As well as Battle Stadium DON.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Lukario Aurawalker 4 Sm4sh. Get over yourselves :troll:

Actually, tbh, I revamped his moveset for the better. Ya'll wanna see it? Go to my moveset blog in the Blog section.
Hrm. The only thing I really notice that's different in that set is the DSpec. And even then it's really just a command throw counter. I'd really just claim that all that was done was make Lucario a further expanded-upon Mewtwo, since that's realistically his claim to fame as some people apparently believe.

I do know some other user made a brand new Lucario set but it sucked donkey nuts.

EDIT: Plus it's hard to claim you've "revamped" a moveset when all you've done is tweak three moves and replace another.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think either way would be good.

Meanwhile, a red head will be god tier and eventually be banned.
I can only assume you're talking about Amy, who is delicious. I love her design.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh yeah, I forgot about her. I like her design too, reminds me of Joan of Arc.

Eww. Soul Calibur. Me and this guy I was seeing used to play that a lot together... I'm leaving.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot about her. I like her design too, reminds me of Joan of Arc.

Eww. Soul Calibur. Me and this guy I was seeing used to play that a lot together... I'm leaving.
You don't have to make a Facebook Status out of your post, you know. Just comes off as attention-seeking.

At any rate, I'm also curious about what additional third party characters Sakurai might add. This point in time, he could really draw upon any franchise that's realistic enough to offer some potential.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hrm. The only thing I really notice that's different in that set is the DSpec. And even then it's really just a command throw counter. I'd really just claim that all that was done was make Lucario a further expanded-upon Mewtwo, since that's realistically his claim to fame as some people apparently believe.

I do know some other user made a brand new Lucario set but it sucked donkey nuts.

EDIT: Plus it's hard to claim you've "revamped" a moveset when all you've done is tweak three moves and replace another.
Well, I don't see anyone else who made that moveset. I did say it was a revamp, anyways. Besides, it's definatly NOT an extension to Mewtwo.
Well, ****, now I have to make a new moveset. CURSES .-_.-

I've seen a Lucario built as a defensive on SSB. If you add up what I saw, you'd leave the room, then use head smash at the wall several times. You aren't alone :laugh:

BTW... I wanna make some movesets, people! Who else should I make a moveset on? I was thinking, repeat, thinking* Kyurem, but I wanna find other ideas first before I get too hectic.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Good to see our standards really have gotten worse over the years. Maybe it's the same folk that think having three random buttons is reasonable.
Not like having no Random button >_> Someone here said that a few months ago... Who was it?

EDIT: Tbf, he added good moves, but just didn't make their effects right. I could tweak that entire moveset and make it better. >_> Then again, anyone can. I'll read the (A) later...

smashbot226

Smash Master
I know that Soul Calibur is a T rated series, but even so, it's better if all female fighters are fully clothed in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Completely off topic, but I distinctly remember you from the old MYM's. Like, MYM2/3.

Not like having no Random button >_> Someone here said that a few months ago... Who was it?
The point was they had three characters, all of them essentially random buttons.

On topic, I do feel like the most suitable third party additions at this point are any form of Megaman and... well, I'm not sure if he's as relevant anymore, but perhaps Simon Belmont?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just don't make it like Project M Lucario. He looks borderline ridiculous its not even funny. I also hated what they did to Toon Link as well, they took away the remaining uniqueness he had in Brawl and shoved it all in a toilet, for what? Just to make him a Young Link clone?

Yeah as you can tell, Project M looks like broken *** to me.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Just don't make it like Project M Lucario. He looks borderline ridiculous its not even funny. I also hated what they did to Toon Link as well, they took away the remaining uniqueness he had in Brawl and shoved it all in a toilet, for what? Just to make him a Young Link clone?

Yeah as you can tell, Project M looks like broken *** to me.
I wasn't aware Toon Link had that much uniqueness to begin with. And I believe their main goal is trying to emulate Melee as closely as possible while attempting to maintain balance in the roster.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
I wasn't aware Toon Link had that much uniqueness to begin with. And I believe their main goal is trying to emulate Melee as closely as possible while attempting to maintain balance in the roster.
I think that is the sad part... That they made him even less unique.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I believe that is the case. I have not been engaged in these things (except for Minus) in some time, so I might be wrong now.
So you partly admit you have no idea what you're saying. Excellent.

At any rate, I've come up with a single character that, well, has less-than-a-good chance.

Geno- I mean, seriously. We already have a third party who can transform his arms into weapons and several more deserving Mario reps. This guy is as dead as the wood he's made out of.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
So you partly admit you have no idea what you're saying. Excellent.

At any rate, I've come up with a single character that, well, has less-than-a-good chance.

Geno- I mean, seriously. We already have a third party who can transform his arms into weapons and several more deserving Mario reps. This guy is as dead as the wood he's made out of.
I think I might be pretty sure that I might not actually know what I'm even saying at all, yes. Probably.

But yes. Geno is pretty dead. Dead to time. He is third party in a company that does not wish to use him and will not give him to Nintendo, has been in two games (one of those being a cameo), and is in general only someone who would pop in as a legitimate shock character.

... And I don't know how I would feel about it, but I think Geno would be the only shock character I would be okay with. Ever.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I think I might be pretty sure that I might not actually know what I'm even saying at all, yes. Probably.

But yes. Geno is pretty dead. Dead to time. He is third party in a company that does not wish to use him and will not give him to Nintendo, has been in two games (one of those being a cameo), and is in general only someone who would pop in as a legitimate shock character.

... And I don't know how I would feel about it, but I think Geno would be the only shock character I would be okay with. Ever.
The sad part is that people cling to hope that he will make it as more than a sticker. I mean, friggin WALUIGI has a better chance than him at this point.

I can think of one shock character that would rustle several people's jimmies.

[COLLAPSE="and he's only playable with items on, too"]
[/COLLAPSE]

It's only fitting, after all.
And you are green as HELL if you don't know who that is

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Welp. :scared:

Waluigi has better chances, but... I don't think we need Waluigi on the roster. I would rather we get something else. Like maybe... Girahim? Or something? Or Groose?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Welp. :scared:

Waluigi has better chances, but... I don't think we need Waluigi on the roster. I would rather we get something else. Like maybe... Girahim? Or something? Or Groose?
Gayre- uh, Ghirahim could be good if Sakurai didn't have the tendency to Luigify the HELL out of some newcomers, since Ghirahim would realistically be replacing Ganondorf.

And lolGroose, he's become an overused joke now.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Gayre- uh, Ghirahim could be good if Sakurai didn't have the tendency to Luigify the HELL out of some newcomers, since Ghirahim would realistically be replacing Ganondorf.

And lolGroose, he's become an overused joke now.
I can honestly say I would take Groose over the travesty that is Brawl Ganondorf.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not as bad as IGN, but unfortunately, GFs contains one of the bigger Smash communities at the same time. You bring up some good points johnknight and if only facts like the ones you provided were more recognized by those outside of the smash boards.
Again, it goes back to GameFAQs, IGN, Nsider, etc users seeing characters representing franchises instead of themselves. They also act like things are facts, and basically say this and that is a fact. Around here we say things like "I feel," "I see," "in my opinion," "I have a gut feeling," etc.
In terms of the DK characters, I personally think King K. Rool has the advantage of getting into the SSB4 roster; however, Dixie's inclusion is also inevitable as well. Both played solid roles in the past, and are still perfectly well owned by Nintendo (considering their latest cameos). I wonder if King K. Rool will appear in his original clothing style or be in that get-up he was given in MSS. :p
Exactly. You give a summary that GameFAQs cannot. "I personally think" fits right in.

As for Dixie or K. Rool... eh... I think if K. Rool is as popular as from what I'm hearing (the most popular character that hasn't been in smash) then he may have the edge. Personally I wouldn't mind either of them, although I would prefer K. Rool solely because I think his moveset would be potentially more unique.
So you overgeneralize a community just because of two players that overgeneralized the smash community.

Congratulations, you're a D&D nerd too.
No, I'm overgeneralizing the elitists who think they are better than us! :laugh: I have no problem with the Street Fighter competitive community for the most part. I am ONLY targeting the people who continually act like jerks to us, whether they play Street Fighter, Gears of War, of Dora the Explorer's Magical Adventure competitively. I don't think that that Street Fight sucks. I have played those games for about 16 or 17 years.

And I am no D&D nerd. The only reason why I actually started playing video games so much is I contracted a disease that prevented me from being an athlete in high school (although I think it overall made me a better person).
Not before Chrome.
Let's hold the phone on that and wait.
When it was a single appearance in a game from '98 I beg to differ...
You mean arguably the most important 3D game ever is refereed to as a "game from '98"=???

Without Ocarina of Time's success, Skyward Sword would probably be in 2D.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Groose has already become older than Chuck Norris jokes.
Chuck Norris puts the FUN in FUNERAL! :awesome: :troll: :smirk:
Meah, I don't mind what they did with Toon Link, but I like his unique style. Young Link in Melee is too campy and not as fun to play as Toon Link. Toon Link is really the #1 reason why I play Brawl much anymore. I wanted him as much (or more) as anyone on Smash Boards, and he played actually better than I thought he would.

@ smashbot
We have brought up Geno a lot. While I like him, and am a huge fan of him and Super Mario RPG, it's a long shot at best. :scared:

And Ganondorf isn't going anywhere... unless you mean his moveset. I also think Ghirahim is a long shot, too. Heck, any Zelda character that isn't currently in smash is probably a long shot at best, whether Ghirahim, Tingle, Vatti, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom