• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Maybe, I just hate what the Project M Team did to some of the characters.

smashbot226

Smash Master
To be fair, we haven't really seen too much in depth with the characters. And if by characters, you mean Toon Link, you really mean you don't like what they did with Toon Link.

I know change can be a scary thing but, you know,
There are other characters
if it really is
that big of a deal for whatever reason.

All I hope is that aerial Donkey Punch doesn't lead into helplessness.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I mean more as a theoretical. I highly doubt Sakurai is THAT dumb enough to replace Ganondorf with a villain with poorer treatment than Vaati. But if Ghirahim were to magically make it into the game, well, I don't think Sakurai has enough love for LoZ to provide TWO villains.
I played Skyward Sword.....and it's obvious how Ghirahim is gonna be an awesome character.....atleast he wouldn't become a potential clone like Ganondorf is , and I don't remember the time where a clone was decloned....it seems sakurai will only luigify clones and that's it.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I played Skyward Sword.....and it's obvious how Ghirahim is gonna be an awesome character.....atleast he wouldn't become a potential clone like Ganondorf is , and I don't remember the time where a clone was decloned....it seems sakurai will only luigify clones and that's it.
I remember when people assumed Ganondorf would get his sword. And then we pretended nobody said a thing. What a glorious thing lowering the bar can be.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
As a taunt. You smartaleck. But not as a part of his moveset, even though his Twilight Princess rendition rarely featured any actual hand to hand combat.
Not that I think Ganondorf has a good moveset or anything, but do we really want ANOTHER swordsman character anyway? A magic set would have been much nicer.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Not that I think Ganondorf has a good moveset or anything, but do we really want ANOTHER swordsman character anyway? A magic set would have been much nicer.
That's not the point. He would at least be his own separate character rather than a slower yet stronger version of the Captain. And at the very least sans Toon Link and Link, each swordsman managed to differentiate themselves among each other.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You need to look beyond the surface and more in how he will play. We have plenty of limb based fighters so a sword user wouldn't be a bad thing.

Besides, twin blades or GTFO.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
To be fair, we haven't really seen too much in depth with the characters. And if by characters, you mean Toon Link, you really mean you don't like what they did with Toon Link.

I know change can be a scary thing but, you know,
There are other characters
if it really is
that big of a deal for whatever reason.

All I hope is that aerial Donkey Punch doesn't lead into helplessness.
Don't get me wrong I like change and all, but it looks like they took steps back in terms of moves. Toon Link had his fair share of unique moves in Brawl and Project M just decides to throw it out of the window and bring him to Young Link status. Same goes for Fox, Falco, Mario and even Ganon, all of them got new moves or attributes in Brawl but instead the Project M Team just decides to not try and incorporate these moves in gameplay that would make them feel fresh. I couldn't give two ****s if they want it like Melee.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Don't get me wrong I like change and all, but it looks like they took steps back in terms of moves. Toon Link had his fair share of unique moves in Brawl and Project M just decides to throw it out of the window and bring him to Young Link status. Same goes for Fox, Falco, Mario and even Ganon, all of them got new moves or attributes in Brawl but instead the Project M Team just decides to not try and incorporate these moves in gameplay that would make them feel fresh. I couldn't give two ****s if they want it like Melee.
If you wanted them to make it feel more like Brawl, you probably already know the answer to that conundrum.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tekken's Harada is looking at putting in an interactive guide in the WiiU's controller. Your thoughts on this?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ctive-strategy-guide-next-tekken-installment/

It would be an excellent way to have everything in one place and could make training mode quicker for changing modes and the like. I just hope that even with this controller, you can still play with an arcade stick/regular controller.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, I am now beginning to think that Ghirahim could be a boss in Smash. He just seems to "fit" that role. He can transport telepathically at will, he uses unique attacks, and quite frankly, he is CRAZYYY!!! :laugh:

Of course, Zant could fit that role, too (although that would seem like a bit of a reach).

smashbot226

Smash Master
Did anyone see this....I dunno if is it legitimate or not but it's things that Sakurai might make...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8nwFMloVEA
I, uh, wouldn't take anything you see on YouTube seriously. Just some advice.

On topic, you know who would make a great returning boss?
Ridley.

I mean it. He's so big, they made him a boss THREE TIMES!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I refer to my previous statement. Regardless of whether or not it's gameplay or movesets, you're complaining it strays too far from Brawl.
Nah. Or maybe its just my hidden rage against Project M. I just simply don't like it. =P

EDIT: @Kuma ALL fighters should take lessons from SC5's customization. Just sayin'

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
EDIT: @Kuma ALL fighters should take lessons from SC5's customization.
I agree, but your thoughts on a built-in game guide?

Imagine having frame data, and possibly saved combos (for practice) as quick reference. I'd love that.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I agree, but your thoughts on a built-in game guide?

Imagine having frame data, and possibly saved combos (for practice) as quick reference. I'd love that.
Imagine using the tablet for voice chat.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I actually know some of the people making it (I met them at a Melee tournament), and what they basically said is they want to make Toon Link into Young Link, and make Brawl into Melee. That's it. Really, they have every right to do so. It is one of dozens of mods. If you want a mod with Toon Link with his play style (possibly improved), that is basically every Brawl mod ever. Most of these same people made Brawl+ which is basically the Brawl cast in Melee physics. :cool:

Personally though, I would really love a Project M-esk mod that makes Brawl more like Melee, but leaves characters like Toon Link who were better off in Brawl (moveset and play style wise) alone (aside from fitting them in with the new physics). The same goes for Donkey Kong, maybe Luigi (it's a toss up), Kirby, Pikachu, Game and Watch. The for characters like Bowser, Zelda, Yoshi, Falco, Ness, Ice Climbers, and Marth, bring in the best of each of their appearances (except keep 'em balanced). That would make a great Brawl mod, or a great Smash game.

Personally, I would love to see Sakurai carry over the best elements of characters over from game to game... without making them broken.
Besides, twin blades or GTFO.
...that's what she said=???

If Ganondorf gets a sword like in Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess, he should at least pull out the twin blades (or uses two different blades) for an attack or two. :smirk: That would be totally awesome. :cool: Although I will admit, it would be cool to see a character with two blades. We haven't had anything like that in Smash. :)

Also if there is voice chat, I am going to thrash talk the hell out of all you for the fun of it! "Yo momma is so fat, she's smaller than a bird my fellow hoe Americans!" :laugh:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I am rather confused with whether or not a Zelda newcomer will become available in the next Smash Bros.. Ghirahim might be interesting, but that doesn't stop the fact that he is likely a one-shot. I keep thinking that his chances are similar to that of Midna's pre-brawl where a lot of people supported her; yet, she did not make the cut (likely due to being a one shot). I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance, but I still have doubts on him.

Tingle (in spite of his large "hate base") was also a rather good choice as well. However, it is his lack of inclusion in the more recent Zelda titles that I have grown unsure of his chances. His cameo in SS still referenced him; yet, it was not a true appearance. Of course he does have his own games; however, I still have doubts on his appearance due to the amount of dislike on the character (which may have been why he was omitted from the newer Zelda titles).

Then there's Impa; however, I too am unsure of her chances as well (though I do not want to begin another discussion of her again). She's possible (though I can say this for the other two above Zelda potential newcomers as well). Toon Zelda herself is also a possibility as she did play a large role in Spirit Tracks and was one of the Forbidden 7 as well...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Slowpoke be up in this *****.

Impa is best choice btw. Link, Zelda, Ganon, Impa. All you'd need. Throw in a Toon Link maybe, and we're more than fine.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Throw in Toon Link maybe" after starring in 5 Zelda games (or 11 games as the star [12 if you count Ocarina of Time] if you count him as a representation of all child/teenage incarnations of Link).

Clearly Toon Link is less important than Impa, who had appearances in 3 Zelda games (or 4 if you count Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon). /sarcasm :glare: :chuckle: :embarrass: :link:

But for realZ, when we talk about characters that we think are undervalued/have little chance/are overlooked, can we not bring up Impa=??? :grimer:

Edit: Anyways, I is outs! :cool:

D

Deleted member

All this talk made me realize that I still need to make my Meta Ridley essay.

Welp, it'll have to be after the Goomba moveset is finished.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Throw in Toon Link maybe" after starring in 5 Zelda games (or 11 games as the star [12 if you count Ocarina of Time] if you count him as a representation of all child/teenage incarnations of Link).

Clearly Toon Link is less important than Impa, who had appearances in 3 Zelda games (or 4 if you count Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon). /sarcasm :glare: :chuckle: :embarrass: :link:

But for realZ, when we talk about characters that we think are undervalued/have little chance/are overlooked, can we not bring up Impa=??? :grimer:
Sure we can not bring up Impa. But then we need just to spread the word and see through that she's NOT undervalued and overlooked :awesome:

Toon Link is more important than Impa yes, but I'd rather have them fuse Link with Toon Link into one character. And it's not really sure wether Toon Link will return or not in the upcoming games. He might be done for for now.

But I say **** it. Yes, Toon Link needs to be back. And Impa needs to be the new comer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All right, screw Impa. Anyone up for some MANthony Higgs discussion?

Remember him? :awesome:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link or at least some form of a child Link will very likely be back. Links generally tend to alternate from being an adult or a child between the Zelda games, so it is quite understandable why there are two Links in the game.

Toon Link is the most prominent child Link as of yet, and he is also probably the most "differentiating" in appearance in comparison to the adult Links (though SS Link might come close). I'd really like to see Toon Link with a unique moveset though it does not seem to be very likely...

Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same.
- Smash Bros. Dojo

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Toon Link is very likely to return. Maybe Link will gain some items from his latest adventure, and Toon Link could keep the staples (Boomerang, ect.).

I want Ghirahim, but I do realize that he might only have slightly higher chances than Midna had in the last edition. He does offer twin swords, a variety of moves, and a sinister, yet comical personality ala the Joker.

I prefer Gannondorf to only fight with limbs, magic, and perhaps a large sword that appears only for smashes or specials. I do not like the idea of Gannondorf fighting with twin swords. Melee and Brawl do capture his personality, just which his moves can now be further diversified from Captain Falcon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
INORITE :awesome:

Anthony was pretty damn bad ***. I really am serious that I wanna see him as a 4th Metroid rep. If they must make him a ZSS Luigified clone, with stronger, slower attacks, ice effects and being slower, bigger and heavier in general. Replace the whip with a big rifle / plasma cannon and we're good to go.

Also (Metroid Other M spoiler:)
Wheren't we supposed to think Ridley killed Anthony as well?

Ghirahim would be good to have, but I doubt it. How much I'd like to fight him as Impa... :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Bowserlick: Sakurai clarified as a rule that both Links will have the same overall specials. The properties of each one may be different, though, so that's a no-go. Thus, don't expect the Beetle, but the Whip may appear, as both of them use it.

Simply put, near identical items(Clawshot/Hookshot) are still fair game. But yeah.

Also, Project M is not directly trying to make it play exactly like Melee, it's its own thing. It does take notes from it, though. I don't read much into it, but it was not meant to make Brawl an exact replica of Melee.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, no whips. I want Skyward Strike and Shield Bash for Link and regular Boomerang & Bombs for Toon Link.

Would you guys be cool with the current roster + SS Zelda / Impa as a "Toon Zelda" like addition which you're all so crazy about appearantly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom