• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Joined this form just to talk about this, I really hope one of the hunters from Metroid prime hunters makes it into SSB Wii U.
I vote weavel because he is the first space pirate to be playable in a metroid game where they are usually the common enemy, He carries a distinction that he is a cyborg among his kind, No other individual besides Ridley to have undergone this procedure. He may also detach his lower body so that it may act like a Turret That fires at the enemy as his top half assaults them with his beam sword.
http://images.wikia.com/metroid/images/3/3c/HalfTurret.jpg

In the end I'm happy if anyone from hunters makes it as a character as long as it ain't Trace,Spire or noxus. Which just leaves Weavel and Sylux:p

Worthy to note is that all of the hunters are still alive.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Like this?
Huh. This song actually makes me want Magnus, somewhat. It is his theme after all.

And he looks like he'd play like Zabuza or Kisame from the Naruto: Clash of Ninja titles, so that would be good for me, as I like their playstyles. (Sorry if that makes me sound like Kuma)
Is Uprising out yet? I haven't been keeping up with anything.

Never really liked the Clash of Ninja titles, Ultimate Ninja was way more fun (and sorta reminded me of Smash) and I'm looking forward to Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations since the demo is AWESOME.

Kumo? I owe him some movesets lol
Has anyone posted any interesting movesets lately?

Joined this form just to talk about this, I really hope one of the hunters from Metroid prime hunters makes it into SSB Wii U.
I vote weavel because he is the first space pirate to be playable in a metroid game where they are usually the common enemy, He carries a distinction that he is a cyborg among his kind, No other individual besides Ridley to have undergone this procedure. He may also detach his lower body so that it may act like a Torrent or sentry gun whatever you call em, That fires at the enemy as his top half assaults them with his beam sword.

In the end I'm happy if anyone from hunters makes it as a character as long as it ain't Trace,Spire or noxus. Which just leaves Weavel and Sylux:p

Worthy to note is that all of the hunters are still alive.
Sakurai hates Ridely, so maybe one of them might end up showing up lol
I think you meant "turret", not torrent, and that sounds like it'd be fun to play with.

Welcome to SmashBoards btw :3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I made a Lip one a few weeks ago.
[COLLAPSE="Lip moveset."]B: Pollen
Lip shoots magical sparkles (oh my! /Takei) from her flower as a projectile. When it hits the opponent, they are dealt with damage along with some additional gradual damage, but not to the scale of the item version of Lip's Stick.

Side B: Switcheroo
Lip grabs the opponent and they switch spots with there being just enough hitstun following to followup with a quick combo.

Up B: Watabou
Lip pulls out a balloon like creature named Watabou. This can be used like Snake's Cyper recovery wise, but you can also hold it in place and you can immediately go into an attack at any time. Perfect for keeping up pressure or getting through a projectile offense.

Down B: Garbage Block
Lip summons a garbage block to fall from above. These themselves don't have a lot of knockback or damage, but are as quick as Mario and Luigi's fireballs so they can be strategically spammed as a result.

Playstyle: Lip is an aerial fighter's worst nightmare. Her Pollen and Garbage Block specials keep the opponent out and she can control both the ground and the air. As a result, this gives her an incredible edgeguarding and zoning game, making her one of the prime examples of a zoning character and a keepaway one too.[/COLLAPSE]

Weavel

Smash Ace
Is Uprising out yet? I haven't been keeping up with anything.

Never really liked the Clash of Ninja titles, Ultimate Ninja was way more fun (and sorta reminded me of Smash) and I'm looking forward to Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations since the demo is AWESOME.

Sakurai hates Ridely, so maybe one of them might end up showing up lol
I think you meant "turret", not torrent, and that sounds like it'd be fun to play with.

Welcome to SmashBoards btw :3
I hope Ridley doesn't become playable because there is no right way to do it. Ridley is freaken huge and he is no Bowser. He can't shrink himself or grow bigger like bowser can and has done in numerous games.
Shrinking him down would be untrue to Ridley and just wrong.

P.S. I read a "Supposed" leaked list of the roaster and my god.
I hope its sooooo fake! Most of the new additions are lame and only like 2 are actually cool where the rest just gag characters like game and watch and Jigglypuff.
P.S. Ridley was on the list and I hope its all fake.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Kumo
Nice. No actual Lip's Stick attacks tho? Her FS could have her using the stick (if she's already using it) like the item, along with all her specials giving off the effect.
It's because of how much you talk about playstyles why I try to make my movesets a lot more thought out. Which btw, do you still want me to send you one?

@Weavel
Ridely's size has already been talked about, and he can pull off a Bowser who was downsized for the game, not just for changing sizes in his titles, IIRC
It's the same situation for most of the Pokemon too, like how Squirtle is supposed to be 1'8" but is gigantic when Red is hugging it during the victory taunt.

Weavel

Smash Ace
@Kumo
Nice. No "Lip's Stick" attacks though? It's because of how much you talk about playstyles why I try to make my movesets a lot more thought out. Which btw, do you still want me to send you one?

@Weavel
Ridely's size has already been talked about, and he can pull off a Bowser who was downsized for the game, not just for changing sizes in his titles, IIRC
It's the same situation for most of the Pokemon too, like how Squirtle is supposed to be 1'8" but is gigantic when Red is hugging it during the victory taunt.
Big Ridley or no Ridley,
Please god
Please god..

Also Bowser has had a normal size like in brawl numerous times.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ridley's been barely bigger than Samus. Remember that Melee intro? He pulled it off perfectly.

The only size issue is his tail at best. Not his main body.

Bowser size IS Big Ridley anyway.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Ridley's been barely bigger than Samus. Remember that Melee intro? He pulled it off perfectly.

The only size issue is his tail at best. Not his main body.

Bowser size IS Big Ridley anyway.
The intro was for reference purposes.
If you ever played metroid prime 1 or 3 you would know Ridley is WAAAAY to big.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The intro was for reference purposes.
If you ever played metroid prime 1 or 3 you would know Ridley is WAAAAY to big.
So use his size from the other canon games where he's not. The guy gets revived as a smaller size. Easy.

If his size was ALWAYS supremely larger than Samus, sure. Too bad that's not the case.

The funny thing about the Melee intro is that Ridley showed he can be large or normal size in Smash. It's not impossible at all.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Wat? Sauce plz because I don't remember that.
I'm my own source really, In one of the mario parties he is in normal size. If you thwart his plans of murdering you he jumps down and drinks a tonic that makes him get big.

Weavel

Smash Ace
So use his size from the other canon games where he's not. The guy gets revived as a smaller size. Easy.

If his size was ALWAYS supremely larger than Samus, sure. Too bad that's not the case.

The funny thing about the Melee intro is that Ridley showed he can be large or normal size in Smash. It's not impossible at all.
He was smaller in other games because for the time you couldn't fit an all giant enemy on the screen. Kraid suffered the same fate and he is in the metroid stage on Melee where he attacks the stage periodically then retreats.

Do NOT shrink Ridley otherwise it just wont be Ridley! He was always huge and awesome!

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Don't double post btw

Either way, the Pokemon are larger than they're supposed to be as well, even if Bowser may have taken a tonic (which wasn't explained or brought up in Smash as far as I know). And who's to say Ridely can't take that tonic? or a shroom, Smash is a cross over game

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Bowser can be bigger than Ridley by doing some arbitrary thing, but Ridley isn't allowed to be smaller than Bowser because I dunno."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was smaller in other games because for the time you couldn't fit an all giant enemy on the screen. Kraid suffered the same fate and he is in the metroid stage on Melee where he attacks the stage periodically then retreats.
Melee proves that entirely wrong in the intro, the only time Ridley appeared in Smash till becoming a boss, which he was not supposed to in the first place. Nobody even knows his Assist Trophy size. Oh, and that doesn't matter. Fact of the matter is, he was smaller in Canon. Those limitations? We don't know if he was meant to be smaller in those games in the first place. Ridley gets revived tons of times, so some of those times were small. Problem solved.

Do NOT shrink Ridley otherwise it just wont be Ridley! He was always huge and awesome!
Being smaller won't change why he was awesome. It's because he was terrifying because of who he was. Not his size. You know, he killed Samus' parents, leads the Space Pirates, and so on. He's badass because of who he is, not because he looks big.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Don't double post btw

Either way, the Pokemon are larger than they're supposed to be as well, even if Bowser may have taken a tonic (which wasn't explained or brought up in Smash as far as I know). And who's to say Ridely can't take that tonic? or a shroom, Smash is a cross over game
This is coming from a metroid fan.

It just wouldn't feel right, Ridely is a giant monster with GREAT BIG WINGS! and a GREAT BIG TAIL!
They should just settle for one of the hunters, Example like the one I'm named after.
Dark Samus would be a tat weird, For story reasons anyway.
She kinda attacks anyone.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Melee proves that entirely wrong in the intro, the only time Ridley appeared in Smash till becoming a boss, which he was not supposed to in the first place. Nobody even knows his Assist Trophy size. Oh, and that doesn't matter. Fact of the matter is, he was smaller in Canon. Those limitations? We don't know if he was meant to be smaller in those games in the first place. Ridley gets revived tons of times, so some of those times were small. Problem solved.

Being smaller won't change why he was awesome. It's because he was terrifying because of who he was. Not his size. You know, he killed Samus' parents, leads the Space Pirates, and so on. He's badass because of who he is, not because he looks big.
I'm a metroid fan, And it was stated Ridley was always huge. The games made him and kraid small because of the console and point in time. So yeah, Its CANON that he is a huge dinosaur like thing! Just as Kraid is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kumo
Nice. No actual Lip's Stick attacks tho? Her FS could have her using the stick (if she's already using it) like the item, along with all her specials giving off the effect.
It's because of how much you talk about playstyles why I try to make my movesets a lot more thought out. Which btw, do you still want me to send you one?
I thought using the stick for specials would seem uninspired, so I looked for other options. Although, she uses her stick as a wand for Pollen.

D

Deleted member

I hope Ridley doesn't become playable because there is no right way to do it. Ridley is freaken huge and he is no Bowser. He can't shrink himself or grow bigger like bowser can and has done in numerous games.
Shrinking him down would be untrue to Ridley and just wrong.
*begins to rage*

*takes a deep breath*

Ok. You've managed to spark a deep hatred of mine about the "Ridley is too big" bull****.

1. Ridley is not defined for his size. Ridley would still be Ridley if he wasn't Godzilla sized as you imply him to be.

Guess this is untrue to Ridley.

2. Ridley's size has been inconsistant. Hell, even within Brawl, Ridley loses quite a few pounds from the jump from regular to Meta Ridley.

3. Ridley himself isn't what's "too big". Most of what give the illusion of Ridley's size is his wingspan and tail length, both of which, if done proper, can make Ridley work by still being a larger character than Bowser, but not even close to Giga Bowser size.
For example, this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZqZPJiZKE& (2:34)
That's Meta Ridley's Brawl model WITHOUT shrinking (model swapping). If that's his size as Meta, then plain Ridley wouldn't be farfetched at that size either, despite being larger as a boss than Meta. All that needs to be spruced up are his wings and tail, both of which have been small in multiple titles (wings weren't huge until Metroid Prime with Meta Ridley).

4. Bowser is a piss poor argument, as his size fluctuates because of outside forces, as he CANNOT shrink and grow on a whim like you say. And even then, his "natural" size is STILL larger than it appears in Brawl, as he still towers over Super Mario within the series, which is implied to be Mario's natrual state in Melee and Brawl.

5. Smash is non-canon and is FULL of inconsistancies. The Pokemon have set sizes within the series, but are clearly not of the consistant sizes. Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff are too large compared to Mewtwo in Melee, as they are 1 to 2 feet while he is 6 feet.
Olimar is the size of a quarter, and yet isn't "too small" to be playable in Brawl. An in-universe example? R.O.B. would be one. In Pikmin 2, Olimar barely fit in its eye socket. However, he isn't quite as small compared to it in Brawl.
How would Ridley being at a workable size be any different?

6. Pray that you don't support King K. Rool, as that would be hypocritical. K. Rool towers over Donkey Kong, who is already one of the largest characters in Brawl. K. Rool would be way over Bowser's size. And don't even get me started on his size in DK64, which would make even Ridley cower in fear.

And now I am finished.

Weavel

Smash Ace
We're all Metroid fans here. We're all Ridley supporters too.
Not from what I've seen around the net. Ridley is wanted, But I suggest a different metroid character. I would even take Dark samus, Despite being like an Evil Twin, She is nothing like a clone in terms of combat.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm a metroid fan, And it was stated Ridley was always huge. The games made him and kraid small because of the console and point in time. So yeah, Its CANON that he is a huge dinosaur like thing! Just as Kraid is.
Melee intro. No matter how many times you say, a smaller size proved to be completely usable.

And I'm a Metroid fan too. However, I don't apply things that keep a legitimate character playable. Especially when Olimar and the Kirby characters had the exact same problems. They got their sized changed and were perfectly playable. Ridley can too. Or Meta Ridley. It doesn't matter.

The size argument has never really been a good one since scaling him down does not degrade his actual character at all. He was dangerous because of his cunning and intelligence. Having a smaller body would barely affect his strength. He still has a powerful jaw, claws, and a deadly tails. All fighting capabilities. He'd still be just as strong as Ganondorf even at a somewhat smaller size.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not from what I've seen around the net. Ridley is wanted, But I suggest a different metroid character. I would even take Dark samus, Despite being like an Evil Twin, She is nothing like a clone in terms of combat.
"Most people want Ridley, but I suggest this character no one is asking for."

Weavel

Smash Ace
*begins to rage*

*takes a deep breath*

Ok. You've managed to spark a deep hatred of mine about the "Ridley is too big" bull****.

1. Ridley is not defined for his size. Ridley would still be Ridley if he wasn't Godzilla sized as you imply him to be.

Guess this is untrue to Ridley.

2. Ridley's size has been inconsistant. Hell, even within Brawl, Ridley loses quite a few pounds from the jump from regular to Meta Ridley.

3. Ridley himself isn't what's "too big". Most of what give the illusion of Ridley's size is his wingspan and tail length, both of which, if done proper, can make Ridley work by still being a larger character than Bowser, but not even close to Giga Bowser size.
For example, this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZqZPJiZKE& (2:34)
That's Meta Ridley's Brawl model WITHOUT shrinking (model swapping). If that's his size as Meta, then plain Ridley wouldn't be farfetched at that size either, despite being larger as a boss than Meta. All that needs to be spruced up are his wings and tail, both of which have been small in multiple titles (wings weren't huge until Metroid Prime with Meta Ridley).

4. Bowser is a piss poor argument, as his size fluctuates because of outside forces, as he CANNOT shrink and grow on a whim like you say. And even then, his "natural" size is STILL larger than it appears in Brawl, as he still towers over Super Mario within the series, which is implied to be Mario's natrual state in Melee and Brawl.

5. Smash is non-canon and is FULL of inconsistancies. The Pokemon have set sizes within the series, but are clearly not of the consistant sizes. Pikachu, Pichu, and Jigglypuff are too large compared to Mewtwo in Melee, as they are 1 to 2 feet while he is 6 feet.
Olimar is the size of a quarter, and yet isn't "too small" to be playable in Brawl. An in-universe example? R.O.B. would be one. In Pikmin 2, Olimar barely fit in its eye socket. However, he isn't quite as small compared to it in Brawl.
How would Ridley being at a workable size be any different?

6. Pray that you don't support King K. Rool, as that would be hypocritical. K. Rool towers over Donkey Kong, who is already one of the largest characters in Brawl. K. Rool would be way over Bowser's size. And don't even get me started on his size in DK64, which would make even Ridley cower in fear.

And now I am finished.
Ok dude sorry, I stopped reading when you starting talking about Ridleys inconsistent size. It was stated he was CANONLY huge ect ect. If you would have read all my posts on this I explain why he was small in other games ect.

D

Deleted member

Ok dude sorry, I stopped reading when you starting talking about Ridleys inconsistent size. It was stated he was CANONLY huge ect ect. If you would have read all my posts on this I explain why he was small in other games ect.
The fact you have stopped reading there shows your ignorance.
As even when "huge", the size has never been defined, nor has it been consistant. Sometimes he's like a kaiju, other times he's just twice Samus' size. (again, see Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 1)

Now do me a favor, quit being a little *****, read the rest of my argument, and learn something.

Weavel

Smash Ace
The fact you have stopped reading there shows your ignorance.
As even when "huge", the size has never been defined, nor has it been consistant. Sometimes he's like a kaiju, other times he's just twice Samus' size. (again, see Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 1)

Now do me a favor, quit being a little *****, read the rest of my argument, and learn something.
Ridleys size in metroid prime 1 and 3 were pretty much the same from what I noticed. And it isn't his wings that make him all gigantic, He is a pretty darn big figure.
I would want him in the game but would feel weird because of his size.
It just.. It don't feel right.. If he was big and had someway to compensate for it I would think its cool.

But I just imagine a small Ridley and its just.. So off..

D

Deleted member

Ridleys size in metroid prime 1 and 3 were pretty much the same from what I noticed. And it isn't his wings that make him all gigantic, He is a pretty darn big figure.
I would want him in the game but would feel weird because of his size.
It just.. It don't feel right.. If he was big and had someway to compensate for it I would think its cool.

But I just imagine a small Ridley and its just.. So off..
Brawl begs to differ, if you'd actually pay attention to what people are saying.

Meta Ridley in Brawl not "too big", and he's still larger than Bowser.

And yes, it IS the freaking wings and tail. Take them off, and Ridley's just a tall thin figure. Comparable to Samus as K. Rool is compared to DK in the Donkey Kong games.

D

Deleted member

I know. Small Ridley just doesn't feel right tho..
Maybe if they still gave him a long tail and big wings and med size body I would be ok with this.
Larger than Bowser body + Small tail that can stretch longer when needed (which is canon) + medium sized wings = perfect.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know. Small Ridley just doesn't feel right tho..
And yet he was born small. You know, like everybody else. Hmm, a child Ridley for Smash, with harder to control powers.

Maybe if they still gave him a long tail and big wings and med size body I would be ok with this.
I'd rather they shrunk that a bit too so he doesn't have super range. I don't have any problem with him being smaller if it means I can play as a real dragon. Meta or regular.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I would still push for a hunter to be in as well with the metroid crew, And I've acknowledge all posts since I've started, I heard its brawl it can be different thing. And I countered by saying he was always huge, A small ridley would feel off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom